Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SQ22
Topic Author

The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:53 pm

Please continue your discussion and to post your updates here.

Link to previous thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=607803
Last edited by atcsundevil on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title updated

DeltaRules

Re: The Rest Of Ohio Part 6

Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:48 pm

New year, new thread, I guess! If you're new to these threads, welcome in. This is the place to talk anything and everything CMH/LCK/CVG/DAY/TOL/CAK/YNG/PKB/HTS.

CLE has its own dedicated thread, which can be found here, but feel free to bring them up if it's relevant: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1343657

cvgComair

Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:16 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
New year, new thread, I guess! If you're new to these threads, welcome in. This is the place to talk anything and everything CMH/LCK/CVG/DAY/TOL/CAK/YNG/PKB/HTS.

CLE has its own dedicated thread, which can be found here, but feel free to bring them up if it's relevant: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1343657

And LUK.

cvgComair

Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:59 am

Some DL upgauges at CVG:
- Starting March 9th, DL will operate a 717 on DCA-CVG-DEN-CVG-MSP-CVG-DCA
- Starting on the same day, BOS will see 2x/A320 mainline plus 2x/CRJ-900

They are only loaded for March, but hopefully these will be extended further. They are really messing around with the 717 routing, so who knows what is going to stick, but I am hopeful we can see more of them operating routes currently operated by the CRJ-900's.

DeltaRules

Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:30 pm

I forgot LUK. Really, anything interesting going on in Ohio is fair game here!

Southwest finally added CVG. Press conference in half an hour.

DAY service ends June 3rd.

cvgComair

Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:39 pm

It's 5x/day to MDW and 3x/day to BWI. It looks like WN is trying to avoid Delta as much as possible with these routes, which was fully expected.

cvgComair

Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:33 pm

Interesting article: (http://www.cincinnati.com/story/money/b ... /96183514/).

The article discusses the potential impacts that WN may have by starting service at CVG, as there is no doubt that a small amount of WN's passengers at CMH/IND/SDF are Cincinnati passengers. I think the only thing that would be affected is maybe a frequency or two, but I wonder what impact this may have going forward.

Also, apparently part of WN launching service was making seat guarantees with local businesses (hence why the two routes are high frequency/business oriented). I am sure this group has proposed this to other carriers like JetBlue, which would be very favorable to the CVG business community with hubs in Boston and New York, I wonder if a similar deal with JetBlue is in the works.

I thought it was interesting that nonstops from Cincinnati to London on British Airways were also listed in this article as "very likely within the next 24 months". I know that Paris, London, and Frankfurt are the largest European routes from CVG, I am still not sure that I see BA operating a flight to CVG, especially without a strong AA loyalty in Cincinnati to back it up. GE and P&G do send a lot of employs to European and they still support a daily 767 flight to Paris. The only way I see London happen is with DL on a 757, which I think is very possible, especially with the new subsidiary program. I think slot restrictions are probably the biggest obstacle for trying the flight. Frankfurt could be done with Condor, like PIT, and the current subsidiary program would be close to PIT's offerings.

This makes me wonder what cities WOW, Condor, ect will try in the midwest. I know CLE, IND, CMH, and CVG all have been heavily discussed, but I wonder what cities they would actually be willing to try. I think CLE is least likely just because of facility constraints and CO's issues with transatlantic flights. CMH and IND have the population to support it for sure, but is there a subsidiary program in place for transatlantic flights? I know that an airline coming to CVG is able to get a significant monetary subsidiary and like DL's flight, plus I am sure they could work out a cargo deal with DHL, especially in conjunction with local companies like GE. Do you think CMH could make such a deal? I would think the cargo at LCK would be attractive, but the split between airports is probably a huge negative.

msycajun

Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:44 pm

I'd have to think that BA is eyeing PDX very closely given the close relationship with AS. If BA opens PDX, DL could move its LHR flights to CVG.

DeltaRules

Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:42 am

cvgComair wrote:
Also, apparently part of WN launching service was making seat guarantees with local businesses (hence why the two routes are high frequency/business oriented). I am sure this group has proposed this to other carriers like JetBlue, which would be very favorable to the CVG business community with hubs in Boston and New York, I wonder if a similar deal with JetBlue is in the works.

CMH and IND have the population to support it for sure, but is there a subsidiary program in place for transatlantic flights? I know that an airline coming to CVG is able to get a significant monetary subsidiary and like DL's flight, plus I am sure they could work out a cargo deal with DHL, especially in conjunction with local companies like GE. Do you think CMH could make such a deal? I would think the cargo at LCK would be attractive, but the split between airports is probably a huge negative.

1) B6/CVG probably should beat WN to the punch if they're going to do it. The feeling 'round these threads is CMH-BOS being added by WN may have ended the hopes of CMH getting B6.

2) It's been a while since I've seen them, but there were schedules for trucks hauling cargo to JFK and IAD from Columbus to meet BA flights posted on A.net once. I've wondered if cutting the truck out of the process would be an incentive for BA/AA's theoretical entry to CMH-LHR. I'd figure there's some sort of incentive package out there with CRAA (and, probably, any other similarly-sized city)- they gave WN a monetary incentive to start CMH-OAK.

Shields

Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:21 pm

AA is adding mainline on CVG-DFW in April! H/T to Enilria's OAG thread. It shows CVG-DFW going from 6X/Daily to 4X/Daily in April.

2X/MD-80 and 2X/ERJ-175. It is great to see UA and now AA bringing mainline metal to CVG.

cvgComair

Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:18 pm

Shields wrote:
AA is adding mainline on CVG-DFW in April! H/T to Enilria's OAG thread. It shows CVG-DFW going from 6X/Daily to 4X/Daily in April.

2X/MD-80 and 2X/ERJ-175. It is great to see UA and now AA bringing mainline metal to CVG.

Nice, you beat me to it! Its only scheduled in April so far, but I am sure it will be extended soon. Hopefully we see some other destinations go to mainline, especially CLT/PHL.

commavia

Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:21 pm

Shields wrote:

Finally! It has continually surprised me how persistent ERJs have been on this route. The MD80s obviously won't be around - in general - much longer, but even if DFW-CVG eventually just settles into E175s and/or CR9s, that's still a major improvement.

cvgComair

Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:30 pm

CVG-DFW should see some nice pax numbers this summer, with AA and F9 operating mainline aircraft plus Delta on CRJ-900's. Delta has operated an A320 on CVG-DFW during the past few summers, it should be interesting if it returns again this year (They usually load summer mainline flights in late Spring).

Its nice to see AA mainline at CVG, this has to be the first time in "modern" airline history.

flyguy89

Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:05 am

cvgComair wrote:
CVG-DFW should see some nice pax numbers this summer, with AA and F9 operating mainline aircraft plus Delta on CRJ-900's. Delta has operated an A320 on CVG-DFW during the past few summers, it should be interesting if it returns again this year (They usually load summer mainline flights in late Spring).

Its nice to see AA mainline at CVG, this has to be the first time in "modern" airline history.

I was just mentioning it in the OAG the thread as well, do you know when was the last time AA ran mainline through CVG? IIRC there were some F100 flights to DFW in the early 90s, but I could be wrong.

Shields

Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:32 am

flyguy89 wrote:
cvgComair wrote:

I was just mentioning it in the OAG the thread as well, do you know when was the last time AA ran mainline through CVG? IIRC there were some F100 flights to DFW in the early 90s, but I could be wrong.

AA flew the F100s to CVG through at least 1999, according to the timetables on Departed Flights.

cvgComair

Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:10 am

The most recent flights on the F100's that I can find were 2001 to DFW. American also operated MD80'S/B727's/F100's to ORD and DFW until early 90's, when American Eagle took over everything. Sometime in the late 90's, they added back to F100's. This is all from departed flights. For me, post 2001 or 9/11 is "modern aviation" since I really do not remember anything aviation-wise prior to that and 9/11 really changed up everything.

This is cool nonetheless, its certainly be quite a long time without larger mainline aircraft!

fsafsx

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:51 pm

What are the chances of Cmh landing jetblue? I think they could do good on a Bos, Fll, and Mco route.

brooklynchris13

Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:14 pm

fsafsx wrote:
What are the chances of Cmh landing jetblue? I think they could do good on a Bos, Fll, and Mco route.

Sorry to say but I think that ship has sailed. You have extreme competition from CMH to MCO (WN, F9, and DL) as well as BOS (WN and DL). For FLL it's only the WN flight, but from what I have read that flight is very profitable for WN and I think any hint of B6 would result in WN going to at least 2X and probably 3x with a fare sale the likes of which we haven't seen since People's Express. On a related note, AA has added a 3rd daily to MIA and its on a 175, so that will be an additional option for the southeast Florida market. My guess is the arrival of Alaska into CMH and perhaps NK will happen long before we see (if ever) a B6 return.

brooklynchris13

Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:39 pm

Interesting AA changes for CMH...

In doing my regular destination and a/c type review, this time for Monday, April 17th, some factors of note for CMH on AA...
1) Only (1) CRJ anytime, anywhere. It shows on a single PHL flight.
2) Also concerning PHL, one flight has been upgraded to an E190! I don't know if this has ever been a regular visitor to CMH, but its a pretty interesting upgrade.
3) DFW at 4 daily continues with (2) 319 and (2) MD80. Curious what will happen when the MD80s are gone for good. 4 319s or a mix of 319s and 738s.
4) ORD goes to (8) CR7 and (1) 145.
5) DCA goes to all 175s (5 per day)

Will try to check out the schedules for the other airlines when I can, but it looks like a pretty nice capacity increase for AA in CMH headed into the busy summer travel period.

-Chris

fsafsx

Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:45 pm

brooklynchris13 wrote:
fsafsx wrote:

Sorry to say but I think that ship has sailed. You have extreme competition from CMH to MCO (WN, F9, and DL) as well as BOS (WN and DL). For FLL it's only the WN flight, but from what I have read that flight is very profitable for WN and I think any hint of B6 would result in WN going to at least 2X and probably 3x with a fare sale the likes of which we haven't seen since People's Express. On a related note, AA has added a 3rd daily to MIA and its on a 175, so that will be an additional option for the southeast Florida market. My guess is the arrival of Alaska into CMH and perhaps NK will happen long before we see (if ever) a B6 return.
I can see spirit adding a bunch of routes out of cmh, personally I would like to see them build a focus city or hub out of it. Im sure with detroit being in the way though it would be hard because they receive subsidies from somebody since I heard talks about Ind to Dtw and how Phl and Bwi are almost always empty and yet they still run.

flyguy89

Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:36 pm

cvgComair wrote:
The most recent flights on the F100's that I can find were 2001 to DFW. American also operated MD80'S/B727's/F100's to ORD and DFW until early 90's, when American Eagle took over everything. Sometime in the late 90's, they added back to F100's. This is all from departed flights. For me, post 2001 or 9/11 is "modern aviation" since I really do not remember anything aviation-wise prior to that and 9/11 really changed up everything.

This is cool nonetheless, its certainly be quite a long time without larger mainline aircraft!

Good catch, that's right! Either way, this is great news and I'll be keeping an eye out to see if this gets extended beyond April. I was beginning to think AA would retire the Mad Dog before CVG would ever get a chance to see it!

CMHMarc787

Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:45 am

fsafsx wrote:
brooklynchris13 wrote:
fsafsx wrote:

I can see spirit adding a bunch of routes out of cmh, personally I would like to see them build a focus city or hub out of it. Im sure with detroit being in the way though it would be hard because they receive subsidies from somebody since I heard talks about Ind to Dtw and how Phl and Bwi are almost always empty and yet they still run.

It would tough for anyone new to come into CMH and build any sort of Focus City, unless they add gates/jetways back to where they once were (A1, B33 and 36, and C48), or add a new door/jetway at B30)...

fsafsx

Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:39 am

CMHMarc787 wrote:
fsafsx wrote:
brooklynchris13 wrote:

It would tough for anyone new to come into CMH and build any sort of Focus City, unless they add gates/jetways back to where they once were (A1, B33 and 36, and C48), or add a new door/jetway at B30)...
I still think it would be hard with Dtw nearby since theyre a hub for spirit, they could make Mco, Tpa, Rsw, Fll, Las, Lax and Dfw work but anything else like Msp, Ord, Bwi, Phl, Lga, Bos wouldnt work. I do hope though that spirit will come to cmh sooner or later.

DeltaRules

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:13 am

That's got to be the first mainline on US/AA on CMH-PHL or PHL-CMH since maybe 2007. Don't think they've ever brought the E190 to CMH, either. B6 and YX are the only airlines I know of to use the E190 to CMH.

CMHMarc787 wrote:

B33's gate area was replaced with a bathroom, so that might be out unless they create a spot for a new jetway.

flyguy89

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:26 am

The Enquirer had a pretty nice pictorial for CVG's 70th anniversary including some rarer photos of the early concourses and DL's initial hub:

http://www.cincinnati.com/picture-galle ... /96345288/

CMHMarc787

Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:32 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
That's got to be the first mainline on US/AA on CMH-PHL or PHL-CMH since maybe 2007. Don't think they've ever brought the E190 to CMH, either. B6 and YX are the only airlines I know of to use the E190 to CMH.

CMHMarc787 wrote:

B33's gate area was replaced with a bathroom, so that might be out unless they create a spot for a new jetway.

They could easily do to B33 what they've done with B22/24/26, and C52/53 - have multiple gates operate out a single door (i.e. B33/34 out of the current B34 gate).

Also, B6 doesn't fly into CMH (though, yes, they do otherwise use the E190)

cledaybuck

Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:11 pm

CMHMarc787 wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:

CMHMarc787 wrote:

They could easily do to B33 what they've done with B22/24/26, and C52/53 - have multiple gates operate out a single door (i.e. B33/34 out of the current B34 gate).

Also, B6 doesn't fly into CMH (though, yes, they do otherwise use the E190)

B6 used to fly to CMH though with the E190.

NoTime

Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:35 pm

brooklynchris13 wrote:
2) Also concerning PHL, one flight has been upgraded to an E190! I don't know if this has ever been a regular visitor to CMH, but its a pretty interesting upgrade.

That's awesome news. I may have to venture down to take some pics. It looks like it starts on 4/4 (the 1:25 flight), replacing a CRJ.

NoTime

Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:17 pm

Also - Just noticed that G4 is adding LCK - VPS (Destin, FL) as a seasonal route. It starts 5/25.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... ummer.html

brooklynchris13

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:45 pm

[quote="DeltaRules"]That's got to be the first mainline on US/AA on CMH-PHL or PHL-CMH since maybe 2007. Don't think they've ever brought the E190 to CMH, either. B6 and YX are the only airlines I know of to use the E190 to CMH.

Question about mainline at CMH for AA...

I thought I read at one point that the number of mainline flights impacts the ability to outsource certain operations at an Airport and that CMH was right at that threshold for AA. I was wondering if this is still a consideration or if the bankruptcy, merger, and new contracts have changed that dynamic. Anybody have the scoop on this?

ILNFlyer

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:50 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
I forgot LUK. Really, anything interesting going on in Ohio is fair game here!

Southwest finally added CVG. Press conference in half an hour.

DAY service ends June 3rd.

Entirely understandable now that people in Cinci region have stopped driving to DAY to catch lower fares. Allegiant and Frontier have made a significant impact on DAY enplanements for several months now.

cvgComair

Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:03 pm

NoTime wrote:
Also - Just noticed that G4 is adding LCK - VPS (Destin, FL) as a seasonal route. It starts 5/25.

It look like CVG-VPS is going from 3x/week to 5x/week in May. It's kind of crazy to think G4 is operating more seats to VPS then Delta/Comair did at the peak of the hub. It was a destination cut during the first reduction in capacity in 2005. I am surprised Allegiant is doing so well at VPS, it's a very interesting market.

It also looks like SDF is getting G4 service. Has anyone here flown out of LCK? Would it be better for G4 to switch to CMH or is LCK a nice alternative?

NoTime

Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:51 pm

cvgComair wrote:
Has anyone here flown out of LCK? Would it be better for G4 to switch to CMH or is LCK a nice alternative?

I guess G4 just doesn't want to pay the extra fees. For instance, according to a fee schedule from 2015:

CMH landing fees are $4.38 / 1,000 lbs for "signatory airlines" and $6.58 / 1,000 lbs for "non-signatory airlines"
LCK landing fees are $2.69 / 1,000 lbs for "signatory airlines" and $4.04 / 1,000 lbs for "non-signatory airlines"

All the other CMH fees are higher, too - gate use fees, ramp parking fees, etc, etc.

They're not huge differences, but I guess they add up after a while. Still, you have to wonder if the improved passenger infrastructure at CMH would outweigh using LCK. (I know, they've got a tiny terminal and a car rental agency or two at LCK... but that's about it.)

DeltaRules

Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:36 pm

cvgComair wrote:
NoTime wrote:

Has anyone here flown out of LCK? Would it be better for G4 to switch to CMH or is LCK a nice alternative?

I flew the inaugural Pan Am Clipper Connection LCK-SFB flight in June 2005. It's a nice, modern, tiny terminal, significantly easier to use- not that CMH is bad by any stretch, but LCK has two gates, one checkpoint, one baggage carousel, and I think an FIS facility.

CMH is more centrally located, with more direct access to more of the city. LCK's on the Southeast corner of town in an industrial area.

I've got pictures I meant to post in another thread and don't think I did, so I'll have to post those at some point.

brooklynchris13

Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:51 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
NoTime wrote:

I think there is another factor involved here beyond the cost, which is Government Funding for LCK. I believe, since they are over 10,000 passengers per year, they qualify for a significantly greater pool of FAA $$ than they would if they were just a cargo airport. We have discussed this in previous versions of the forum, but there are really not any good "other" reasons for passenger ops in the CMH metro to be split. I will be very curious to see if everything is consolidated when the new terminal is completed at CMH.

777-200

Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:10 pm

cvgComair wrote:

I flew on an AA F100 to DFW in either 01' or 02'. I can't remember the exact date. AA used to fly MD-80's to CVG back in the day too.

cvgComair

Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:39 pm

Croatia Airlines just sold 5 slots to Delta Air Lines to LHR, that would allow them to operate 5x/wk from somewhere in the U.S. to LHR. I know there has been some speculation of CVG getting the service, but I have no proof. For all I know it could be additional frequency from ATL, but I am always hopeful!

AirportRival

Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:03 am

If Delta started CVG-LHR that would be huge even at 5x weekly. I would take that as a sign that Delta has no plans to back down at CVG

flyguy89

Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:37 am

cvgComair wrote:
Croatia Airlines just sold 5 slots to Delta Air Lines to LHR, that would allow them to operate 5x/wk from somewhere in the U.S. to LHR. I know there has been some speculation of CVG getting the service, but I have no proof. For all I know it could be additional frequency from ATL, but I am always hopeful!

It would be really awesome if that were the case...I won't hold my breath though.

flymco753

Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:19 am

DTW seems to be where they need to put that slot since this summer they're only flying 10x weekly as opposed to 14x last summer, along with smaller aircraft (all 76W) so it'd make sense to get an 332 or 764 back in the rotation.

DeltaRules

Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:46 am

The CMH-PHL E190 service actually looks like it may start on or before April 4th.

cvgComair

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:17 am

Ultimate Air Shuttle is adding PDK from LUK this spring. In addition, they are adding another daily flight to BKL from LUK and will being offering connections at LUK. It appears the first connecting route will be BKL-LUK-PDK, and the same aircraft will be operated on both legs of the flight, with a 15 min connection period.

I would expect routes like MDW-LUK-PDK, MDW-LUK-CLT, BKL-LUK-CLT, MMU-LUK-CLT, and MMU-LUK-PDX to be available as the schedules are refined. They are not releasing the exact times since the route has not been "approved", but that should not take long. Also, this opens the possibility of other routes like STL/BNA/MEM from LUK in the future.

Who knows how they plan on having adequate space at LUK as they continue to add flights, but they have a nice operation going currently!

masseybrown

Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:02 am

cvgComair wrote:
Also, this opens the possibility of other routes like STL/BNA/MEM from LUK in the future.

Saint Louis has a "downtown" airport in Cahokia, IL, about 5 miles from downtown. That should appeal to Ultimate.

AirportRival

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:42 pm

So I heard today that the Station Manager for Delta at CVG has been replaced as well as another manager. I don't think this was a voluntary move. I'm not sure if it actually means anything or not but it could mean a shake up is coming. Could be good but also could be bad.

In a somewhat related note, I also heard that Delta has no interest in giving up any gates in Concourse B. I would love for our operations to move over there but I guess that isn't going to happen according to what I just said.

And finally, I heard that Southwest will be taking the new gates A1, 2, 3, & 5. That seems a little excessive for just 8 daily flights. Could mean that Southwest is serious about adding more flights from CVG if it's true.

cvgComair

Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:54 am

Thats an interesting change, I hope their current plan does not change! I think Delta will keep its lock on Concourse B for the foreseeable future.

The next schedule opening for WN is on February 23, so we should see what happens then. I think it makes sense to give them all those gates, as it allows them flexibility and the opportunity to expand as quickly (or slowly) as they want.

DeltaRules

Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:58 pm

AirportRival wrote:
And finally, I heard that Southwest will be taking the new gates A1, 2, 3, & 5. That seems a little excessive for just 8 daily flights. Could mean that Southwest is serious about adding more flights from CVG if it's true.

Southwest runs its whole ~40 flight operation at CMH with 5 (A2-6), plus a couple stands for RON parking.

cvgComair

Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:14 am

CVG airfare has dropped down to just $1 over CMH for average ticket price. CMH is #46 at $362, while CVG is #44 at $363. For all purposes, they are now tied in the region for least expensive airport. I wonder how low CVG will go, at this rate I would expect fares to soon be below CMH, especially with WN arriving this summer. Recently, the biggest help is Delta slashing its prices from CVG, making them cheaper (in some cases) than G4 and F9 when you add bags/seat selection/ect. Delta has made it clear they are going to compete and has dropped the prices on its flights to Chicago, Baltimore, and Washington DC. I am seeing $50 one-way flights to all these cities on Delta this summer.

CMHMarc787

Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:51 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
AirportRival wrote:

Southwest runs its whole ~40 flight operation at CMH with 5 (A2-6), plus a couple stands for RON parking.

I still wonder why A1 is not being utilized. After all, there is a doorway already there, as well as lead lines on the tarmac.

cvgComair

Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:50 pm

Article just out about how Concourse A does not have enough room a peak hours for the increasing amount of flights. Apparently the Concourse is expected to reach maximum capacity as soon as this summer and CVG needs more gates if any of the carriers want to add more flights. The renovations to open gates A1/2/3/5 just went up for bidding with an estimated cost of $10.4 million. This includes renovating the gate areas and upgrading the baggage systems in the Concourse. I really wonder how soon they will start working on expanding Concourse A, because they are going to need it:
Another issue is that Concourse A was built in 1984, making it 33 years old! The concourse has seen many renovations and is getting quite old and the article mentioned that CVG might need to tear it down completely in order to fix/upgrade the baggage, electrical, and structural systems.

B4REAL

Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:46 am

Concourse A being out of gates is not really a big deal if you ask me. The airlines need to use them more efficiently, maybe go common use. Plenty of other airports due more movements with fewer gates. Did they ever actually demolish the C gates? Even if only just one "pier" of gates, would be a nice option in a situation like this...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos