Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Briancw

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:28 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
If both rumors are true AND CMH doesn't get any of it, it's a massive failure on the part of everyone involved.

Hoping for the best, but I'd be prepared for the massive failure part...

cvgComair

Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:19 pm

flyguy89 wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
Apparently CVG is adding 14-16 new News/Gift/Retail shops, not just 7-8 I reported earlier. In addition to the new restaurants going in currently, they also are trying to get another full-service restaurant. I get that they need new retail stores/food options, but this seems a little overkill.

Could it be that they're also replacing some existing food/retail concepts?

I wonder what the DL Concourse B concession contract looks like/when it expires. My only guess was that whatever agreement was in place during the hub days expires soon and the airport will take over concessions, so they are doing a refresh of Concourse B (this would time nicely with the new carpet, sinkage, lighting, etc project in B).

WWads

Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:39 pm

Briancw wrote:
Anyone else think jplatts could be a bot? Or is it just me?

It's to the level of spam at this point. I hope the mods block that user from this thread.

Cvgspotter15

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:47 am

flymco753 wrote:
But do airlines find that CMH is a sandwich between CVG, CLE, PIT and IND? Take it this way, CVG, CLE, and PIT have Euro ULCC's and IND has a TATL flight, DTW is a mega hub for DL and if you want to stretch it, ORD is a mega hub for UA and AA. I wonder if airlines are feeling that there's too much pressure from surrounding exposure to ULCC's aside from IND.

Don't forget CVG also has delta to CDG.

Cvgspotter15

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:48 am

Briancw wrote:
Anyone else think jplatts could be a bot? Or is it just me?

Sounds like one.

Midwestindy

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:58 am

flymco753 wrote:
But do airlines find that CMH is a sandwich between CVG, CLE, PIT and IND? Take it this way, CVG, CLE, and PIT have Euro ULCC's and IND has a TATL flight, DTW is a mega hub for DL and if you want to stretch it, ORD is a mega hub for UA and AA. I wonder if airlines are feeling that there's too much pressure from surrounding exposure to ULCC's aside from IND.

Well, it is interesting because most of these developments have come in the past 2-3 weeks...

Columbus to CVG- 1:48 minutes
Columbus to CLE- 2:03 minutes
Columbus to IND- 2:47 minutes
Columbus to PIT- 2:50 minutes
Columbus to DTW- 3:19 minutes

You are definitely right, there are lot of airports with TATL service in "close" proximity to CMH. So, I expect the CMH TATL numbers to remain the same or even dip a little in 2018 due to the ULCC/LCC bleed and maybe even the Legacy Carrier bleed as well. It is hard to say, but I still see CMH close to the top of the list for potential TATL service, just because there simply aren't many places left that don't have TATL service.

B4REAL

Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:09 am

@Midwestindy also note that CMH really has the least desirable terminal and concourse arrangement; I'm sure that is a factor. I know they remodeled; but still, not adequate to attract TATL service. The master plan has in more than a decade a new terminal and concourse built on the site of the Lane Aviation facility. I can't wait.

StuckinCMHland

Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:22 pm

B4REAL wrote:
@Midwestindy also note that CMH really has the least desirable terminal and concourse arrangement; I'm sure that is a factor. I know they remodeled; but still, not adequate to attract TATL service. The master plan has in more than a decade a new terminal and concourse built on the site of the Lane Aviation facility. I can't wait.

I admit I am no expert in TATL terminals, but really?

CMH has a nice terminal setup, and the C concourse looks ready and does handle International flights right now, does it not? What does CMH have to do to be ready for such a flight, other than get an airline to try it and get customs people ready to go? CLE and PIT seem like urban renewal sites next to CMH from what I've seen of them, and after my very limited experience with overseas flying and customs, I'd much rather laand and wait at a place like CMH instead of ORD.

DeltaRules

Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:02 pm

StuckinCMHland wrote:
B4REAL wrote:

I admit I am no expert in TATL terminals, but really?

CMH has a nice terminal setup, and the C concourse looks ready and does handle International flights right now, does it not? What does CMH have to do to be ready for such a flight, other than get an airline to try it and get customs people ready to go? CLE and PIT seem like urban renewal sites next to CMH from what I've seen of them, and after my very limited experience with overseas flying and customs, I'd much rather laand and wait at a place like CMH instead of ORD.

CUN is served by DL (MD-88) and Vacation Express (VivaAerobus or Interjet A320) with WN (737) starting it soon. Vacation Express also flies to PUJ, usually with Swift (734). The DL flights are typically made up by a flight which comes in from ATL the night before, leaves the far end of C, and parks at C46 when it comes back, while Vacation Express seems to use C47 for departures (their carry-on templates are always off to the side there).

C46 was originally DL's and I know they ran 757s into and out of that gate, so it'd be able to handle a 757/A321 worth of people. I've never been through the Customs area, only knowing where it starts (outside C46) and ends (doors near Carousel 6). I don't know what exactly would be "needed" to get it up and running but, again, they've just added a security checkpoint and hallways which lead (back) into C and to the hallway between C46 and FIS which wasn't there two months ago, so I can't help but feel like someone asked for that and they delivered. I'll be going back out next week and will try to grab some pictures.

Midwestindy

Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:03 am

I see these showing up on the F9 website
F9 CVG-RDU 4x weekly added starting in April
SJC-CVG 3x weekly
CVG-AUS
CVG-SAT

Midwestindy

Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:42 am

From DL widebody thread
<> unscheduled change of aircraft on CVG-CDG route (763-ER-high J replaces 763ER-low J) on 9/18

cvgComair

Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:53 am

Midwestindy wrote:
I see these showing up on the F9 website
F9 CVG-RDU 4x weekly added starting in April
SJC-CVG 3x weekly
CVG-AUS
CVG-SAT

CVG-PHL is going daily A321

Cvgspotter15

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:21 am

Yep, only 4/6 are in, they all start between April 8 and April 10th.

AirportRival

Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:32 pm

In the midst of the F9 talk here is a nugget about G4. G4 is making CVG an A320 base in 2018. Moving from the A319 (156 seats) to the A320 (177 seats) must mean that G4 continues to be happy with how things are going in CVG.

Cvgspotter15

Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:37 pm

AirportRival wrote:
In the midst of the F9 talk here is a nugget about G4. G4 is making CVG an A320 base in 2018. Moving from the A319 (156 seats) to the A320 (177 seats) must mean that G4 continues to be happy with how things are going in CVG.

Sweet! More growth is always good.

Briancw

Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Seeing CMH - AUS Tues, Thurs, & Sun on Frontier's website. I wasn't sure if this would come through or not, glad to see it appears to be.

AirportRival

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:54 pm

So with the F9 announcement of SJC from CVG I'm not seeing SFO being offered anymore for next year. I'm also still not seeing JAX or SEA being bookable yet. So as of right now it doesn't seem like F9 really added a destination in SJC but more that they moved SFO to SJC and at a lesser frequency..

cvgComair

Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:14 pm

Overall it looks like IAH/SFO are not resuming while LAX/SAN/MSP/DFW/PHL/ATL will resume in the spring
Both PHL and ATL will also be daily

cvgComair

Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:46 am

A ULD repair company is opening a facility at CVG, pretty cool the cargo growth is allowing opportunities such as these!
http://www.stattimes.com/unilode-opens- ... pply-chain

plinth857

Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:27 am

Any idea on what the load factors are for Spirit out of CAK? Is serving both CLE and CAK workable long term? Right now, it's been nice to have some different options, but I wonder how long it may last.

YNGguins

Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:08 am

plinth857 wrote:
Any idea on what the load factors are for Spirit out of CAK? Is serving both CLE and CAK workable long term? Right now, it's been nice to have some different options, but I wonder how long it may last.

Canton Rep reporting this past Monday that Spirit is cutting the CAK-LAS route. The ULCC war in this region is getting tough. If this was already posted, my apologies.
http://www.cantonrep.com/news/20170918/ ... n-to-vegas

brooklynchris13

Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:27 pm

Few CMH related items: 1) in looking at January schedules noticed something really interesting about UA. NO Mainline at CMH- at all. I know things change closer in, but I do not recall this ever being a thing before. Anyone have some insight? Also, the 2x 738/3x MD80 schedule to DFW has been replaced by 4X MD80 and 1X CR9. No idea how long that will last. Also, who is using the hangar on the far west end of the south side of the runway? Every morning now there seems to be at least an Eagle CR7 in that hangar which narrows it down to Envoy or PSA I would suppose. Any insights as to what this operation is and when it started?

flymco753

Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:42 pm

I predict NK is out of CAK and LBE eventually, NK is shifting back to their old strategy as oppose to the FL model.

DeltaRules

Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:46 pm

brooklynchris13 wrote:
Few CMH related items: 1) in looking at January schedules noticed something really interesting about UA. NO Mainline at CMH- at all. I know things change closer in, but I do not recall this ever being a thing before. Anyone have some insight? Also, the 2x 738/3x MD80 schedule to DFW has been replaced by 4X MD80 and 1X CR9. No idea how long that will last. Also, who is using the hangar on the far west end of the south side of the runway? Every morning now there seems to be at least an Eagle CR7 in that hangar which narrows it down to Envoy or PSA I would suppose. Any insights as to what this operation is and when it started?

There have been times where UA was down to one or two mainline flights in the last few years, but the numbers shift around. Summer seems to have more mainline action to both ORD and DEN. It reminds me of DL's roulette wheel scheduling (320/717/73G/738/739/M88/M90/757 to ATL all show up at various times throughout the year and I figure the 321 will show up someday), but on a smaller scale.

Eagle has had a maintenance facility at CMH for quite some time. Everyone associates CMH with maintenance for Republic, but it's been there at least 10 years. There's a picture either here or on Jetphotos of an ERJ which jumped the chocks and nosed into the door sometime in the 2000s.

AirportRival

Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:03 pm

CVG news has been slow lately so I'll give just a small update on things happening that I've noticed.
1. Vino Volo in Concourse A is open. It's not as big as the one in B and I haven't been to B since the one in A opened so I don't know if both are up and running. One thing I have noticed is that they didn't build a kitchen attached to it so I'm guessing they are getting the good from The Local.
2. The tunnel going from the greeting area to the parking garage is closed due to the remodel. Can't remember how long they said it would take.
3. The remodel and carpet replacement is well underway in the baggage claim level. They started in the corner where the United BSO used to be and are still there so can't really tell how much different it'll be yet.

That's about it. I know it's not much but I figured I'd share

Cvgspotter15

Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:39 pm

AirportRival wrote:
CVG news has been slow lately so I'll give just a small update on things happening that I've noticed.
1. Vino Volo in Concourse A is open. It's not as big as the one in B and I haven't been to B since the one in A opened so I don't know if both are up and running. One thing I have noticed is that they didn't build a kitchen attached to it so I'm guessing they are getting the good from The Local.
2. The tunnel going from the greeting area to the parking garage is closed due to the remodel. Can't remember how long they said it would take.
3. The remodel and carpet replacement is well underway in the baggage claim level. They started in the corner where the United BSO used to be and are still there so can't really tell how much different it'll be yet.

Very cool! So the Vino Volo is right next to the Local? I haven’t been to A in a couple months, so I forget if there was an open space next to the Local, I know there’s a lot after it.

AirportRival

Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:42 pm

Cvgspotter15 wrote:
AirportRival wrote:

Very cool! So the Vino Volo is right next to the Local? I haven’t been to A in a couple months, so I forget if there was an open space next to the Local, I know there’s a lot after it.

That's just it, the new Vino Volo is by the escalators in A. It's not very close to The Local at all.

cvgComair

Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:07 am

AirportRival wrote:
Cvgspotter15 wrote:

That's just it, the new Vino Volo is by the escalators in A. It's not very close to The Local at all.

It is right where that odd charging station/sitting area was.

ADrum23

Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:34 am

AirportRival wrote:

Are they renovating both Concourses or just one?

AirportRival

Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:40 am

ADrum23 wrote:
AirportRival wrote:

The carpet replacement is throughout the entire airport. The renovation is mainly just on the baggage claim level.

ADrum23

Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:46 am

AirportRival wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
AirportRival wrote:

The carpet replacement is throughout the entire airport. The renovation is mainly just on the baggage claim level.

I was gonna say, I wouldn't invest too much in the Concourses until the master plan is finished and they figure out what to do gate-wise.

Cvgspotter15

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:29 pm

The A350 is back! It’s currently circling. N502DN

DeltaRules

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:42 pm

Just checked in at CMH and had some more time to poke around to the extent of what I could when it comes to facilities which could be used for TATL.

-C46 has three new parking lines- 320/737, 757, and 767.
-C47's parking line has everything DL uses into/out of CMH with the notable addition of "763".
-There would theoretically be room for a Sky Club if DL wanted to put one just past the security checkpoint.

masonh2479

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:54 pm

I don't know if this has been brought up but does anyone see Delta trying to compete with Frontier and Allegiant at CVG? Seems like Delta hasn't added a new route to CVG in ages and the other two are rapidly expanding. I'm hoping for CVG-AUS on Delta someday. :(

flymco753

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:31 pm

I think CVG can get AUS and MSY on RJ's to start, those always seem to be my culprits for new DL services when expanding short haul. Also I don't think CVG will loose a DL TATL, now with WW going to CVG, DL will want to keep some kind of share as displayed through other hubs.

cvgComair

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:53 pm

masonh2479 wrote:
I don't know if this has been brought up but does anyone see Delta trying to compete with Frontier and Allegiant at CVG? Seems like Delta hasn't added a new route to CVG in ages and the other two are rapidly expanding. I'm hoping for CVG-AUS on Delta someday. :(

Delta responded to F9 and G4 on a multitude of routes by increasing seats on CVG-DEN/IAH/LAS/SFO/MCO/FLL/MSP. They also tried upgauging CVG-RSW/TPA, however, they have since pulled back seat increases. I think CVG-AUS is an inevitable add, even if it does come at the expense of a frequency on DFW and/or AUS. I am less confident about MSY, but I still think there is a market for the route.

On a related note, what do y'all think the chance of G4 on CVG-MEM are? It is just longer than CVG-RDU, which they plan on starting this fall. I have no clue if/what tourist demand there would be for such a route, but I didn't think RDU would have much of a draw and it will have 3 carriers on it next Spring (DL/G4/F9).

BTW, RDU PDEW is 122 and MEM is 63, so it would be tight but they have started routes with similar PDEW's i.e. JAX:90, SAV:57, VPS:55, MYR:22.

ADrum23

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:12 pm

cvgComair wrote:
masonh2479 wrote:

Delta responded to F9 and G4 on a multitude of routes by increasing seats on CVG-DEN/IAH/LAS/SFO/MCO/FLL/MSP. They also tried upgauging CVG-RSW/TPA, however, they have since pulled back seat increases. I think CVG-AUS is an inevitable add, even if it does come at the expense of a frequency on DFW and/or AUS. I am less confident about MSY, but I still think there is a market for the route.

On a related note, what do y'all think the chance of G4 on CVG-MEM are? It is just longer than CVG-RDU, which they plan on starting this fall. I have no clue if/what tourist demand there would be for such a route, but I didn't think RDU would have much of a draw and it will have 3 carriers on it next Spring (DL/G4/F9).

BTW, RDU PDEW is 122 and MEM is 63, so it would be tight but they have started routes with similar PDEW's i.e. JAX:90, SAV:57, VPS:55, MYR:22.

I don't think CVG-MEM is likely, but it certainly is possible. 63 is not a huge PDEW for that route.

What I'd like to see at CVG is significant WN expansion (DEN, MCO, DAL, HOU, FLL, STL, etc, could be among the next round of cities for WN expansion). Also, AS should start CVG-SEA.

cvgComair

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:35 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
What I'd like to see at CVG is significant WN expansion (DEN, MCO, DAL, HOU, FLL, STL, etc, could be among the next round of cities for WN expansion). Also, AS should start CVG-SEA.

A good sign for WN is that they are using the larger 738's at CVG now, which I assume means loads have increased. I believe there are even some 737 MAX-8 flights schedule as well. Hopefully this is the buildup to more routes being announced.

Cvgspotter15

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:52 pm

cvgComair wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

A good sign for WN is that they are using the larger 738's at CVG now, which I assume means loads have increased. I believe there are even some 737 MAX-8 flights schedule as well. Hopefully this is the buildup to more routes being announced.

Last time I checked it was one daily 738 to BWI and a couple scattered around to MDW. Has that changed? Also I think like November to June possibly not sure on that, but we get 12 maxes in the 3-6 month period.

cvgComair

Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:13 pm

Cvgspotter15 wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Last time I checked it was one daily 738 to BWI and a couple scattered around to MDW. Has that changed? Also I think like November to June possibly not sure on that, but we get 12 maxes in the 3-6 month period.

I checked a while ago and I was seeing 2x/738 to BWI plus usually 1x/738 to MDW (sometimes more, sometimes less). I think it was for the Winter/Spring. Nothing huge, but if loads were what they were in June, I highly doubt they would be scheduling larger aircraft. The MAX's are for crew familiarity, but I don't think they would send them through CVG unless they were planning on them being used here in the future.

cvgComair

Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:15 pm

Also, F9 cut six cities from CLE, quite a big blow! Looks like CVG only got IAH/SFO cut and SFO was replaced by SJC.

ADrum23

Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:27 pm

cvgComair wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

The question is, how much gate space in Concourse A do they have? I thought we already discussed how Concourse A is running out of space. And since DL controls Concourse B, they can't go there.

I think it is definitely time to expedite the discussions on expanding Concourse A. I know I was previously in favor of demolishing both Concourses and building one giant new one in its place (with a minimum of 60-70 gates), but looking at the situation further, I think the current setup is fine. The only thing I would change is demolish the existing Concourse A and build a new one in its place with 50-55 gates (essentially doubling capacity from the 23 that exist already).

cvgComair

Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:32 pm

Sorry for all the posts, CVG published information about August passenger traffic, here are the highlights:

"All scheduled carriers at CVG experienced double digit year-over-year growth." (Even Delta :mrgreen: )

"In August, local passenger traffic was up 30 percent with more than 362,500 originating passengers, marking the third highest local passenger August volume in CVG’s 70-year history"

"Overall, landed weight from aircraft operations in August was up 31percent year-over-year with more than 967 million pounds, the most since August of 2006."

http://www.cvgairport.com/about/news/20 ... go-records

Cvgspotter15

Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:14 am

ADrum23 wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

The question is, how much gate space in Concourse A do they have? I thought we already discussed how Concourse A is running out of space. And since DL controls Concourse B, they can't go there.

I think it is definitely time to expedite the discussions on expanding Concourse A. I know I was previously in favor of demolishing both Concourses and building one giant new one in its place (with a minimum of 60-70 gates), but looking at the situation further, I think the current setup is fine. The only thing I would change is demolish the existing Concourse A and build a new one in its place with 50-55 gates (essentially doubling capacity from the 23 that exist already).

Not really, Southwest has access to 4 gates and could use 5, and currently they only need 1. We know SWA can run 12x daily from one gate if needed. Times that by 4 and you have 48 daily flights they can possibly run out of CVG. They are currently at 8, and won’t get to that point any time soon.

ADrum23

Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:25 am

Cvgspotter15 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
cvgComair wrote:

Not really, Southwest has access to 4 gates and could use 5, and currently they only need 1. We know SWA can run 12x daily from one gate if needed. Times that by 4 and you have 48 daily flights they can possibly run out of CVG. They are currently at 8, and won’t get to that point any time soon.

Then there is no excuse, WN should significantly expand at CVG.

Just curious, why are they proposing a western wing for Concourse A if there seems to be sufficient gate space?

ADrum23

Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:35 am

Cvgspotter15 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
Cvgspotter15 wrote:

Just curious, why are they proposing a western wing for Concourse A if there seems to be sufficient gate space?

There's not really, there are two empty gates. One widebody and one narrowbody, A1 and A2 i believe. SWA already owns 2, and WOW is coming, and could park at A or B so there is not really an open gate.

I thought WOW had to park at Concourse B as that is where the FIS is?

Cvgspotter15

Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:35 am

ADrum23 wrote:
Cvgspotter15 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

There's not really, there are two empty gates. One widebody and one narrowbody, A1 and A2 i believe. SWA already owns 2, A3, and A4, and WOW is coming, and could park at A or B so there is not really an open gate.
Last edited by Cvgspotter15 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

cvgComair

Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:37 am

ADrum23 wrote:
Cvgspotter15 wrote:
There's not really, there are two empty gates. One widebody and one narrowbody, A1 and A2 i believe. SWA already owns 2, and WOW is coming, and could park at A or B so there is not really an open gate.

Deplane at B, enplane at A. Though, they might do both at B if CVG is willing to pay for it (CVG pays for gates spaces for new carriers during the first two years of service).

Cvgspotter15

Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:41 am

ADrum23 wrote:
Cvgspotter15 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Yes they have to go there, but they can still board from A and tow to A, but I think the airport could pay to board at B.

Cvgspotter15

Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:47 am

ADrum23 wrote:
Cvgspotter15 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Why should they? They have no obligation too. Plus loads in June were awful (They are better now).

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos