Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Midwestindy

Re: The Rest Of Ohio - 2017

Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:55 am

Cvgspotter15 wrote:
(They are better now).

Is this an assumption? Or do you have July/August data...

All the WN flights out of CVG tomorrow (except for 1 737-800) will be run on 737-700 aircraft also, so there isn't much upguaging going on...

brooklynchris13

Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:01 am

DeltaRules wrote:
Just checked in at CMH and had some more time to poke around to the extent of what I could when it comes to facilities which could be used for TATL.

-C46 has three new parking lines- 320/737, 757, and 767.
-C47's parking line has everything DL uses into/out of CMH with the notable addition of "763".
-There would theoretically be room for a Sky Club if DL wanted to put one just past the security checkpoint.

I am increasingly convinced that the exact same thing is going to happen with TATL at CMH as happened with LAX flying a few years ago. It is going to go from nothing to multiple somethings in a very short period of time. Likely an AA 757 to LHR and a DL 75? or maybe even a 763 to either AMS or CDG. My assumption would be AMS is more likely since IND is getting CDG. This would fit with the DL focus city strategy, help ensure AA's continued presence in CMH and (something I think we overlook) help them compete against WN as well. Not, of course, because WN is going to fly to Europe, but as part of a competitive overall offering that WN will just not be able to ever (likely) match. With the recent announcement that the economy in greater CMH has passed Cleveland, the continued increase in population, potential new large scale employers, etc- there are just too many factors building up to something. And I do not think either AA or DL will want to give up the TATL market in CMH and the other business that would go with it.

Cvgspotter15

Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:05 am

Midwestindy wrote:
Cvgspotter15 wrote:
(They are better now).

All the WN flights out of CVG tomorrow (except for 1 737-800) will be run on 737-700 aircraft also, so there isn't much upguaging going on...

Assumption yes, based on limited data. Slight upgauging now, and as cvgcomair said there will be 3 738s in the winter/spring. And don’t want to say the wrong thing but I think a ramper told me the loads looked better. So some facts leading to an educated guess.

Midwestindy

Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:24 am

Cvgspotter15 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
Cvgspotter15 wrote:
(They are better now).

Assumption yes, based on limited data. Slight upgauging now, and as cvgcomair said there will be 3 738s in the winter/spring. And don’t want to say the wrong thing but I think a ramper told me the loads looked better. So some facts leading to an educated guess.

Just went through a couple random dates:
Winter
Dec 22: 1 738
Dec 23: 0 738
Dec 26: 1 738
Jan 2: 1 738

Spring:
Mar 17: 1 738
Mar 19: 2 738
Mar 23: 2 738
Mar 28: 2 738

Not much upguaging, because they have never run these routes during the spring/winter, and considering those are peak travel seasons....

I am remaining optimistic on the July/August numbers though....

flyguy89

Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:33 am

Cvgspotter15 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
Cvgspotter15 wrote:

Not really, Southwest has access to 4 gates and could use 5, and currently they only need 1. We know SWA can run 12x daily from one gate if needed. Times that by 4 and you have 48 daily flights they can possibly run out of CVG. They are currently at 8, and won’t get to that point any time soon.

Then there is no excuse, WN should significantly expand at CVG.

Just curious, why are they proposing a western wing for Concourse A if there seems to be sufficient gate space?

There's not really, there are two empty gates. One widebody and one narrowbody, A1 and A2 i believe. SWA already owns 2, A3, and A4, and WOW is coming, and could park at A or B so there is not really an open gate.

I'm really starting to wonder if the airport shouldn't just go ahead and buy out Concourse B from Delta at this point. The airport is in a much stronger position now to take on the little debt that remains on it without increasing costs. DL is currently running a max of 80-odd flights and I think it's obvious at this point that they're never going to appreciably grow CVG again. They could easily consolidate the entire "hub" operation between gates B13-28 and then presto...the airport now has gates B1-12 to play around with for new/expanded service. I'm not intimately familiar with DL's financial obligations regarding Concourse B, but my understanding is that they own the Concourse but lease the land from the airport.

Thoughts on the feasibility of this?

DeltaRules

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:58 am

brooklynchris13 wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:
Just checked in at CMH and had some more time to poke around to the extent of what I could when it comes to facilities which could be used for TATL.

-C47's parking line has everything DL uses into/out of CMH with the notable addition of "763".
-There would theoretically be room for a Sky Club if DL wanted to put one just past the security checkpoint.

I am increasingly convinced that the exact same thing is going to happen with TATL at CMH as happened with LAX flying a few years ago. It is going to go from nothing to multiple somethings in a very short period of time. Likely an AA 757 to LHR and a DL 75? or maybe even a 763 to either AMS or CDG. My assumption would be AMS is more likely since IND is getting CDG. This would fit with the DL focus city strategy, help ensure AA's continued presence in CMH and (something I think we overlook) help them compete against WN as well. Not, of course, because WN is going to fly to Europe, but as part of a competitive overall offering that WN will just not be able to ever (likely) match. With the recent announcement that the economy in greater CMH has passed Cleveland, the continued increase in population, potential new large scale employers, etc- there are just too many factors building up to something. And I do not think either AA or DL will want to give up the TATL market in CMH and the other business that would go with it.

I just can't figure why they'd put a 763 line there unless they felt there was a reason to. Not even Bowl charters out of CMH get anything larger than a 757-200. The only thing I know of that's sent a 767 to the terminal at CMH in recent years was when Omni did a one-off to FPO (and it parked at B35).

Granted, I've been saying all along I'd figure any TATL from DL would be on a 757 and I still think that, so who knows? It's been fun to monitor the progress. I got some discreetly-taken photos of the new TSA checkpoint from both sides I'll post when I get a chance.

AirportRival

Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:58 am

From everything I've heard WOW in CVG will deplane and enplane at Concourse B. There will be no towing to A.

Jshank83

Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:20 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
brooklynchris13 wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:

I just can't figure why they'd put a 763 line there unless they felt there was a reason to. Not even Bowl charters out of CMH get anything larger than a 757-200. The only thing I know of that's sent a 767 to the terminal at CMH in recent years was when Omni did a one-off to FPO (and it parked at B35).

Granted, I've been saying all along I'd figure any TATL from DL would be on a 757 and I still think that, so who knows? It's been fun to monitor the progress. I got some discreetly-taken photos of the new TSA checkpoint from both sides I'll post when I get a chance.

Some airports that get DL 757 service get that route plane swapped with a 767 randomly. Either way they probably need the lines on a couple gates that can handle it incase a charter ever comes also. Not to say CMH couldn't get TATL service announced soon by someone but I think the line painting is independent from that. They wouldn't need to be painting it today for a flight that won't start for months.

DeltaRules

Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:16 pm

An informed birdie tells me a TATL announcement at CMH could be "imminent".

edit- Heavily edited this post because there's no indication as to who, but their gut feel ties to the rumor from APC.
Last edited by DeltaRules on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

AirportRival

Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:19 pm

Finally some local brands being added at CVG. Moerlein will be adding a taproom/restaurant to Concourse A. The USO lounge will be moving to make room for it.

http://www.wcpo.com/entertainment/cinci ... n-tap-room

AirportRival

Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:22 pm

Some additional CVG news articles:

Southwest won't be adding anything for a few months at least. They are happy with the performance of their flights so far but would like to see their early moning MDW do better. Also, WOW Air sold out its first flight in 30 minutes after the announcement and Candace McGraw doesn't see the new IND-CDG flight causing any problems for the CVG flight. Https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/ ... t-cvg.html

Amazon has rented office space at CVG Center (former Comair headquarters) until they get their space built. Also, a new hangar will be built on South Airport Rd and rented to FEAM (most likely for DHL). Behind a paywall https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/ ... deals.html

Briancw

Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:30 pm

DeltaRules wrote:

edit- Heavily edited this post because there's no indication as to who, but their gut feel ties to the rumor from APC.

Wasn't the AA-LHR Midwest city rumor on FT? Or is this a different rumor?

greenair727

Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:39 pm

^is this the CMH-FRA 1x/monthly?

DeltaRules

Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:45 pm

Briancw wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:

Wasn't the AA-LHR Midwest city rumor on FT? Or is this a different rumor?

This is believed to tie into the rumor from Airline Pilot Central. Midwestindy or ADrum23 started a thread about it.

greenair727 wrote:
^is this the CMH-FRA 1x/monthly?

Hadn't heard that one.

Midwestindy

Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:36 pm

Really interested to see the F9 vs. G4 battle on CVG-AUS/JAX/LAX/RDU....

Jshank83

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:23 pm

AirportRival wrote:

Also, WOW Air sold out its first flight in 30 minutes after the announcement

Wow's release says their first flight is May 10 and I can still buy tickets for that flight. So that confuses me.

greenair727

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:33 pm

brooklynchris13 wrote:
With the recent announcement that the economy in greater CMH has passed Cleveland....

Do you think the airlines fell for this though? Cleveland is still much larger than Columbus if they look at the real data.

DeltaRules

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:38 pm

Apparently there will be an announcement of some sort at CMH next week but it won't be the potential TATL, at least yet. My contact won't even clue me in on what it is.

greenair727

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:39 pm

^Hopefully not more Florida!

DeltaRules

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:19 pm

greenair727 wrote:
^Hopefully not more Florida!

I don't care what it is as long as it's air service and not a 5k. (It sounds like it is, indeed, air service but "underwhelming" in comparison to potential TATL.)

Cvgspotter15

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:31 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
AirportRival wrote:

“Wow's release says their first flight is May 10 and I can still buy tickets for that flight. So that confuses me”

I think a news company announced May 9th, don’t remember who. I don’t know what else it would be
Last edited by Cvgspotter15 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

brooklynchris13

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:33 pm

greenair727 wrote:
brooklynchris13 wrote:
With the recent announcement that the economy in greater CMH has passed Cleveland....

Do you think the airlines fell for this though? Cleveland is still much larger than Columbus if they look at the real data.

There are very few metrics where Cleveland as a city or as a Metro outpaces Columbus and in the next few years there will likely be none. What "real" data are you referring to?

Midwestindy

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:49 pm

AirportRival wrote:

Southwest won't be adding anything for a few months at least. They are happy with the performance of their flights so far but would like to see their early moning MDW do better. Also, WOW Air sold out its first flight in 30 minutes after the announcement and Candace McGraw doesn't see the new IND-CDG flight causing any problems for the CVG flight. Https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/ ... t-cvg.html

Amazon has rented office space at CVG Center (former Comair headquarters) until they get their space built. Also, a new hangar will be built on South Airport Rd and rented to FEAM (most likely for DHL). Behind a paywall https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/ ... deals.html

Maybe I am just being nitpicky, but with regards to the IND-CDG comment, I agree with the point she is trying to make but McGraw has no idea what she is talking about....

There are so many inaccuracies....

"McGraw also addressed the addition of a flight to Paris by Delta Air Lines at Indianapolis International Airport. It will be the only transatlantic flight in Ohio, Kentucky or Indiana other than CVG’s own Paris flight.

The Indianapolis flight is only effective three days a week compared with CVG’s six-day-a-week flight."

Either, she doesn't even know that CVG got TATL service on WW, and CLE got flights on FI and WW, or the article was written up before those announcements occurred (which is less likely),
Not to mention the fact that IND-CDG is Daily-5x weekly not 3x weekly....SMH
Last edited by Midwestindy on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jshank83

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:03 pm

Cvgspotter15 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
AirportRival wrote:

“Wow's release says their first flight is May 10 and I can still buy tickets for that flight. So that confuses me”

I think a news company announced May 9th, don’t remember who. I don’t know what else it would be

It's the morning of the 10th after midnight. I'm guessing those news outlets said the 9th because it is the evening of the 9th but after midnight. Either way the most seats I could put in to book was 15 and it was going to let me book that many so I am sure there are plenty more. I can't imagine it really would sell out in 30 minutes anyways when no one knew it was coming and it's that far out.

Like mentioned in the above post she seems to not have her facts straight in this article for some reason.

cvgComair

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:27 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
AirportRival wrote:

Maybe I am just being nitpicky, but with regards to the IND-CDG comment, I agree with the point she is trying to make but McGraw has no idea what she is talking about....

There are so many inaccuracies....

"McGraw also addressed the addition of a flight to Paris by Delta Air Lines at Indianapolis International Airport. It will be the only transatlantic flight in Ohio, Kentucky or Indiana other than CVG’s own Paris flight.

The Indianapolis flight is only effective three days a week compared with CVG’s six-day-a-week flight."

Either, she doesn't even know that CVG got TATL service on WW, and CLE got flights on FI and WW, or the article was written up before those announcements occurred (which is less likely),
Not to mention the fact that IND-CDG is Daily-5x weekly not 3x weekly....SMH

I don't think she is counting WW or FI to Iceland as true TATL flights, besides price, it is no different than connecting in DTW/ORD/PHL/JFK. As for the frequency of IND-CDG, it has been cited as 3x, 5x, and daily in different news sources. With the amount of stuff going on at CVG currently, I highly doubt keeping up with the latest frequencies at another airport is in her top priorities. I think that it is pretty self explanatory that CVG and IND are two distinct markets and will not have an effect on either cities TATL flight.

flymco753

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:00 pm

RE: WN at CVG...I can see maybe 2 more markets that are imminent, but they're natural adds, that'd be DEN and ATL because WN seems to keep fair ground to Florida with DL hubs, ATL can get you there. MDW can get you to points up north, BWI to the east, and DEN would be your out west connection. Now in due time, you could see LAS, PHX, and STL as WN strengthens at CVG. MCO, TPA, RSW or FLL probably won't come for a long time simply because of G4.

AirportRival

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:05 pm

I agree with CVGcomair, I highly doubt Candace is overly concerned with what is going on in IND. I would even venture to say that she only said anything about it because a reporter asked her about it.

In regards to the WOW comment, I have no idea if the flight actually sold out or if it's even close to selling out. I'm just sharing the article. I've heard plenty of people mention that they are excited about it so I'm sure sales were good immediately after the announcement.

ADrum23

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:09 pm

flymco753 wrote:
RE: WN at CVG...I can see maybe 2 more markets that are imminent, but they're natural adds, that'd be DEN and ATL because WN seems to keep fair ground to Florida with DL hubs, ATL can get you there. MDW can get you to points up north, BWI to the east, and DEN would be your out west connection. Now in due time, you could see LAS, PHX, and STL as WN strengthens at CVG. MCO, TPA, RSW or FLL probably won't come for a long time simply because of G4.

Agree about DEN, that is the most likely addition next IMO, followed by maybe HOU or DAL. I could see one of the Florida airports (most likely either MCO or FLL) starting out of CVG. I'm sure there is at least a little demand for Florida flights other than on ultra low-cost G4 or F9.

ATL? I don't know because doesn't DL have a stranglehold on CVG-ATL?

flymco753

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:13 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

Agree about DEN, that is the most likely addition next IMO, followed by maybe HOU or DAL. I could see one of the Florida airports (most likely either MCO or FLL) starting out of CVG. I'm sure there is at least a little demand for Florida flights other than on ultra low-cost G4 or F9.

Yeah I didn't think of that until now where WN has reduced ATL and only has service left from prior adds. Than again I don't think WN would want to compete on a route that could go all A321 if WN threatened it.

boscmh

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:26 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
I don't care what it is as long as it's air service and not a 5k. (It sounds like it is, indeed, air service but "underwhelming" in comparison to potential TATL.)

Very interesting @DeltaRules! It has been a while since we've had a real announcement at CMH. Don't remind me about the 5k... :mad:

Having said that, I'm thinking now what would be significant enough of an add to have an actual event, but still be "underwhelming" compared to a TATL route?

I would think that has to rule out any kind of seasonal, weekly, or 'vacation' type service. Over the past year or so we've had additions to Florida, Cancun, seasonal to HOU, etc, without ever having an actual event at the airport...

A new carrier would be really welcome (AS/VX, B6, even NK), but I wouldn't call that "underwhelming."

Maybe additional service from an existing carrier (UA to SFO, WN to LAX or LGA, DL to SEA or SLC) best fits the bill?

Also, if a TATL announcement is in fact "imminent" from either AA or DL, I would think that means they wouldn't be involved in any announcement next week...

Will be keeping an eye out and hoping for the best though, whatever shakes out!

cvgComair

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:28 pm

flymco753 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

Yeah I didn't think of that until now where WN has reduced ATL and only has service left from prior adds. Than again I don't think WN would want to compete on a route that could go all A321 if WN threatened it.

True, though F9 is going daily on CVG-ATL, so it should be interesting to see if DL responds in any way.

WWads

Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:57 am

Midwestindy wrote:

Hopefully they drive G4 out of the market.

Cvgspotter15

Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:28 am

WWads wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Hopefully they drive G4 out of the market.

I hope not because Frontier is so radical they could cut the flights a year after they start.

Briancw

Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:46 pm

Meeting minutes for the August CRAA have posted.

Of note, the minutes specifically state, "One important focus area is international air service. While London service on British Airways has been a key European target for many years, we are also pursuing other European hubs such as Paris and Amsterdam with Delta and their international partners, amount others."

The new DL strategy a potential at CMH?

Link to minutes here: http://columbusairports.com/files/about ... -22-17.pdf

**EDIT** Also interesting to note that this meeting, which specifically mentions DL, took place prior to DL's announcement at IND.
Last edited by Briancw on Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Briancw

Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:51 pm

Passenger totals up 4.3% from previous August and 4% on the year for CMH.

More info here: http://www.dispatch.com/news/20170926/p ... -in-august

DeltaRules

Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:36 pm

Briancw wrote:

Of note, the minutes specifically state, "One important focus area is international air service. While London service on British Airways has been a key European target for many years, we are also pursuing other European hubs such as Paris and Amsterdam with Delta and their international partners, amount others."

**EDIT** Also interesting to note that this meeting, which specifically mentions DL, took place prior to DL's announcement at IND.

Thanks for posting those, as I was going to pull them up this morning. I figured those minutes being posted (with a summary of the latest new service committee update) would be a pivotal point.

For those who might not have caught on before, the DL strategy is the APC rumor- the person I talked to who has connections believes it's probably DL to AMS, but couldn't confirm it. The "underwhelming" (in her words) announcement is something different and she couldn't disclose what exactly it will be.

john7165

Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:47 pm

Briancw wrote:

Sometimes I think the BOD of the CRAA talk just to hear themselves talk. They've been telling us about their quest for
TATL for decades with nothing to show for it. Wake me when you have an agreement and something to announce.

Briancw

Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:56 pm

john7165 wrote:
Sometimes I think the BOD of the CRAA talk just to hear themselves talk. They've been telling us about their quest for
TATL for decades with nothing to show for it. Wake me when you have an agreement and something to announce.

Agreed. The BA carrot has been dangled out there for years.

CMHMarc787

Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:21 pm

I'm at the point now where I think CMH should focus more on building up/shoring up domestic service. The lack of genuine west coast service (minus LAX) is something that needs to be addressed for the immediate future (already rumor that Amazon is discounting Columbus area for it's second domestic HQ, with one of the main reasons being the lack of n/s service to major cities - which is one of the criteria listed on their qualifications list).

As it's been said in numerous other posts, AS/VX would be one of the more obvious choices for both Seattle service, as well as for the SF Bay Area. Columbus doesn't need another ULCC, so NX is probably a no go, and I am in agreement that the B6 ship has sailed Also, besides adding west coast, there should also be a concerted effort to increasing service to already existing cities (which of those is an argument for other posts).

Currently, population numbers have Columbus as the largest city in the state, with Franklin County being the largest. Regional numbers still favor Cleveland, but those numbers are quickly changing in Central Ohio's favor. Now, while it's true that Columbus/Central Ohio is continue to grow at a greater rate, vs. Cincinnati and Cleveland, the perception that Columbus is a "second-tier" city in comparison to the other two is something, IMHO, that will continue until it has n/s service throughout the country.

Just my 2 cents...for what it's worth.

cvgComair

Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 am

Ultimate Air Shuttle has been running football fan charters on weekends recently, looks like they are doing really well. They operated 4 flights to GRB last weekend and they now have added flights to BNA/AGC/BKL as well. Too bad these cities can't translate into permanent flights! http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/F ... e72e89f4cc

cvgComair

Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 am

Ultimate Air Shuttle has been running football fan charters on weekends recently, looks like they are doing really well. They operated 4 flights to GRB last weekend and they now have added flights to BNA/AGC/BKL. Too bad these routes cannot translate into regular routes! http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/F ... e72e89f4cc

masseybrown

Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:18 am

cvgComair wrote:
Ultimate Air Shuttle has been running football fan charters on weekends recently, looks like they are doing really well. They operated 4 flights to GRB last weekend and they now have added flights to BNA/AGC/BKL as well. Too bad these cities can't translate into permanent flights! http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/F ... e72e89f4cc

I'm disappointed (I suppose the people at Ultimate are, too) that they haven't been able to expand their system faster.

papatango

Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:21 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
Briancw wrote:

Thanks for posting those, as I was going to pull them up this morning. I figured those minutes being posted (with a summary of the latest new service committee update) would be a pivotal point.

For those who might not have caught on before, the DL strategy is the APC rumor- the person I talked to who has connections believes it's probably DL to AMS, but couldn't confirm it. The "underwhelming" (in her words) announcement is something different and she couldn't disclose what exactly it will be.

What is the timetable announcement for the rumored Delta AMS service?

SkyVoice

Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:52 pm

Finally, there is word about how well Southwest Airlines is doing at CVG, and the word is GOOD! The following link is to the website of WCPO-TV, Cincinnati's ABC affiliate. John Matarese referenced this article during last night's Don't Waste Your Money segment . . .

http://www.wcpo.com/news/insider/southw ... he-horizon
:highfive:

john7165

Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:03 pm

CMHMarc787 wrote:
I'm at the point now where I think CMH should focus more on building up/shoring up domestic service. The lack of genuine west coast service (minus LAX) is something that needs to be addressed for the immediate future (already rumor that Amazon is discounting Columbus area for it's second domestic HQ, with one of the main reasons being the lack of n/s service to major cities - which is one of the criteria listed on their qualifications list).

This is correct. Currently CMH fly's to only half of the top 50 US markets, significantly fewer than all of our regional competitors.

DeltaRules

Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:24 pm

papatango wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:
Briancw wrote:

What is the timetable announcement for the rumored Delta AMS service?

"Imminent" (within the next week or so) was what was suggested to me, but she had no other information as of Wednesday as to when exactly it might be.

DeltaRules

Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:38 pm

The second DL CMH-LGA flight tomorrow will run on an A320, which is the first time I can remember mainline on the route.

flyCMH

Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:53 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
The second DL CMH-LGA flight tomorrow will run on an A320, which is the first time I can remember mainline on the route.

My guess would be to accommodate a possible slight increase in traffic tomorrow as Rutgers fan return to NYC from Columbus after playing the Buckeyes.

cvgComair

Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:56 am

Quick update to AirportRival's earlier post:

They have opened about 3 quick concessions in Concourse A (Forever Heather, Natalie's Candy Jar, and a snack/drinks thing). The Vino and Volo was packed, seems like they should have made it bigger!

Lots of work going on in Concourse B, they reopened Forever Heather, opened a new gift store on the short end of B, and closed the CNBC gifts on the short end of B. Vino and Volo is still open in B. Also, they are doing some construction work on the roof/upper floors by the SkyClub, not sure exactly what they are doing. They also have put up mini Eiffel towers at every gate in Concourse B, plus they have a bunch of Paris decorations at the CDG flight gate.

Concourse C is completely gone :( :

john7165

Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:47 am

flyCMH wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:

My guess would be to accommodate a possible slight increase in traffic tomorrow as Rutgers fan return to NYC from Columbus after playing the Buckeyes.

The game was played at Rutgers.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos