• 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 11
 
audidudi
Posts: 1067
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:49 am

azncsa4qf744er wrote:
How come the 4th and 5th B77Ws have different registration numbers compared to the first three aircraft?

That's simply because N2334U-N2335U are already assigned to other aircraft, as are N2336U-N2340U.

The next 11 aircraft will be registered as follows:
N59034
N2135U
N2136U
N2737U
N2138U
N2639U
N2140U
N2341U
N2142U
N2243U
N2644U
 
User avatar
iahcsr
Posts: 3904
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 1999 2:59 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:48 am

azncsa4qf744er wrote:
How come the 4th and 5th B77W have different registration number compared to the first three aircrafts?

The original plan was to register the 77Ws in the CO format of Nxx031-044. Then just before the first was delivered it was decided to change to N2x31U-2x44U. As luck would have it no N2x34U is available til some later time this year. So the original reg of N59034 must remain until its free to become N2534U.
N2135U and all the others are a done deal.
Working Hard, Flying Right Friendly....
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 2281
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:44 am

739:
N73445 exited INT 2771 17Mar with slimlines/split scimitars

752:
N14120 sked to exit RFD 2770/20Mar with scimitars
N26123 entered RFD 2804/20Mar for scimitars

772:
N791UA exited XMN 2801/19Mar
sites.google.com/site/unitedfleetsite/
 
FSDan
Posts: 1177
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:46 pm

LAXintl wrote:
Some additional clarity on 744 draw down announced.

Fleet will operate 8 remaining routes by May, with planned end dates as follows;

SFO-NRT - early June
SFO-TPE - late July
SFO-PEK - early September
SFO-FRA#1 - early October
SFO-PVG - early October
SFO-FRA#2 - late October
SFO-LHR - late October
SFO-ICN - late October


I wonder if this gives us a glimpse of what the 77W delivery schedule may slip to because of the Polaris seat delays... If all 77Ws were to be on property by June as initially intended, this would be an incredibly slow roll back of the 744 fleet.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
User avatar
iahcsr
Posts: 3904
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 1999 2:59 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:15 pm

FSDan wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
Some additional clarity on 744 draw down announced.

Fleet will operate 8 remaining routes by May, with planned end dates as follows;

SFO-NRT - early June
SFO-TPE - late July
SFO-PEK - early September
SFO-FRA#1 - early October
SFO-PVG - early October
SFO-FRA#2 - late October
SFO-LHR - late October
SFO-ICN - late October


I wonder if this gives us a glimpse of what the 77W delivery schedule may slip to because of the Polaris seat delays... If all 77Ws were to be on property by June as initially intended, this would be an incredibly slow roll back of the 744 fleet.

There are three 77Ws 'Ready for Delivery' at PAE. Meaning they are seat ready as well. At least one is definitely waiting on seats, another is 'preflight prep' and may or may not be short seats. Two more are FAL. How all this will sort out will provide ample fodder for discussion here I'm sure. :chat:
Working Hard, Flying Right Friendly....
 
fun2fly
Posts: 1007
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:44 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:22 pm

So, if the units are complete at PAE with seats, why isn't UA 'forced' to pick them up as it's affecting Boeing's receivables? Millions of $ here. Do you think there was a we need them by June (or pick any month) by UA and Boeing said that we have open slots in Q1 so we'll build them and you take them when you need them to keep the production line at top efficiency?
 
User avatar
iahcsr
Posts: 3904
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 1999 2:59 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:42 pm

fun2fly wrote:
So, if the units are complete at PAE with seats, why isn't UA 'forced' to pick them up as it's affecting Boeing's receivables? Millions of $ here. Do you think there was a we need them by June (or pick any month) by UA and Boeing said that we have open slots in Q1 so we'll build them and you take them when you need them to keep the production line at top efficiency?


Exactly. The delivery dates would've been agreed on at some point in advance, B would've also prioritized the work schedule on the flightline to match for each customer's timeline. The seat matter was known in advance so adjustments made to accommodate.... to a point. Apparently seats delays are longer than expected :o I would think/hope at least one of those 'Ready' frames will be picked up in the next day or two.
Working Hard, Flying Right Friendly....
 
redrooster3
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:35 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:31 pm

Per NOC, N642UA is scheduled to leave XMN on the 2nd of April, however, its just showing as a 'Maintenance Exit' maybe it still in the old configuration? Think it has Polaris?
Marry one of us, and you'll fly for free!
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 1607
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:58 am

redrooster3 wrote:
Per NOC, N642UA is scheduled to leave XMN on the 2nd of April, however, its just showing as a 'Maintenance Exit' maybe it still in the old configuration? Think it has Polaris?

Also N641UA (763ER, 3-class) is on its way to HKG via HNL (UA 2829, 21 March + UA 2830, 22 March)
 
CONTACREW
Posts: 779
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:10 am

redrooster3 wrote:
Per NOC, N642UA is scheduled to leave XMN on the 2nd of April, however, its just showing as a 'Maintenance Exit' maybe it still in the old configuration? Think it has Polaris?




MX visit. The Polaris conversions for the 767s is up in the air at the moment.
Flight Attendants prepare doors for departure, cross check verify straps standby for all call
 
codc10
Posts: 1875
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2000 7:18 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:35 am

I'm sure UA would have loved to commence Polaris retrofits this quickly, but seeing how much difficulty Zodiac is having with meeting delivery commitments for the 77W fleet, it would seem the ship is slowly pulling out of port on the 767 mods.
 
United1
Posts: 3061
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:21 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:37 am

That and I think the 763 retrofit is on hold until UA completes its widebody fleet review. Not much need for Polaris to be installed if the older 763s are gone in a few years.
I know the voices in my head aren't real but sometimes their ideas are just awesome!!!
 
len90
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:03 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:50 am

Which gates at EWR Terminal C are 77W gates? Is it basically all the 772 gates?
Len90
 
AA737-823
Posts: 5024
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2000 11:10 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:57 am

United1 wrote:
That and I think the 763 retrofit is on hold until UA completes its widebody fleet review. Not much need for Polaris to be installed if the older 763s are gone in a few years.


Especially when we consider that the 763 biz cabin is configured in a perfectly-acceptable 2-2-2p layout. That compares QUITE favorably to the 777/747's ridiculous-from-the-get-go 2-4-2 biz cabin.
 
CONTACREW
Posts: 779
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:25 am

len90 wrote:
Which gates at EWR Terminal C are 77W gates? Is it basically all the 772 gates?


Off the top of my head

90, 102, 108, 110, 121, 123. Not sure about 71, 74, 75, 98, 125,135, 136.
Flight Attendants prepare doors for departure, cross check verify straps standby for all call
 
User avatar
iahcsr
Posts: 3904
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 1999 2:59 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:29 am

len90 wrote:
Which gates at EWR Terminal C are 77W gates? Is it basically all the 772 gates?

So far all 77Ws have used only C108 or C110 at EWR. At IAH I only know for certain C7, C14 and D gates for 77W.
ORD only B16 so far.
Working Hard, Flying Right Friendly....
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 1607
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:38 am

AA737-823 wrote:
United1 wrote:
Especially when we consider that the 763 biz cabin is configured in a perfectly-acceptable 2-2-2p layout.

However, there is a fleet commonality issue plaguing the 763 fleet with 14 of them still in the 3-class configuration and its mostly the oldest frames in the fleet. They were supposed to go 2-class but that was stopped when Polaris was announced as it was planned that these 14 frames would be the first to get Polaris. UA has done an OK job running this sub fleet but its not ideal when considering (a) cross fleeting needs within the 763 fleet and (b) the fact that UA wishes to rid itself of F product.

If UA decides to retire these 14 frames within say the next 5 years and forgo going Polaris, I doubt they will change them to 2-class set up so UA will need to manage multiple layouts to its 763 fleet including offering F product for another say 5 years.
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 2281
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:42 am

That would be a 2-1-2 layout on the 764 and converted 763s.

772:
N217UA entered XMN 2802/19Mar
N798UA sked to enter VCV paint 2791/22Mar
sites.google.com/site/unitedfleetsite/
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 2281
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:53 am

Since there should be a lot of 763 forward/backward facing business seats around, it looks like UA could take out the 2 F rows of F and add 2 rows of BF. That would remove 6 F seats and add 12BF seats.

One would guess the 772s could have 8 F seats removed and replaced by 16 BF seats. Possibility of an extra section of 4 middle seats for a total of 20 could be added. Unless 744 or 763 seats can be used, it might have to wait for the 772 until some are converted to Polaris.

Once the 744s are gone, it would be pretty easy to complete this mod to remove F systemwidey. I know it would take STCs on the 763 and 772 fleets, but if F is becoming harder to market, doubling BF seats may be a short term winner until Polaris is installed.

763:
N641UA sked to enter HKG 2830/22Mar, presume maint visit
sites.google.com/site/unitedfleetsite/
 
User avatar
jetblastdubai
Posts: 1606
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:23 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:08 am

iahcsr wrote:
So far all 77Ws have used only C108 or C110 at EWR.


The inaugural 77W flight to SFO went out of C123. Day 2 was also scheduled out of C123 as that's the gate we returned to (same day) and the boarding gate display showed the 77W SFO flight again.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading". - Thomas Jefferson
 
CONTACREW
Posts: 779
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:15 am

iahcsr wrote:
len90 wrote:
Which gates at EWR Terminal C are 77W gates? Is it basically all the 772 gates?

So far all 77Ws have used only C108 or C110 at EWR. At IAH I only know for certain C7, C14 and D gates for 77W.
ORD only B16 so far.


121 & 123 as well. 123 was reconfigured with a dual jetbridge.
Flight Attendants prepare doors for departure, cross check verify straps standby for all call
 
fun2fly
Posts: 1007
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:44 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:40 am

United1 wrote:
That and I think the 763 retrofit is on hold until UA completes its widebody fleet review. Not much need for Polaris to be installed if the older 763s are gone in a few years.


From a Capex and fleet commonality perspective, putting the used pmCO seats on the 767's is the right thing to do especially if only around for a few years (5?). MoM factors into this also. The new seats should go on 78J, 77W and then the dates pmUA 772.
 
User avatar
iahcsr
Posts: 3904
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 1999 2:59 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:01 pm

jetblastdubai wrote:
iahcsr wrote:
So far all 77Ws have used only C108 or C110 at EWR.


The inaugural 77W flight to SFO went out of C123. Day 2 was also scheduled out of C123 as that's the gate we returned to (same day) and the boarding gate display showed the 77W SFO flight again.

I did a quick look at FlightAware history and all I saw recently was 108/110. The others, being FIS gates, understandably would be avoided If possible for domestic operations.
Working Hard, Flying Right Friendly....
 
User avatar
CALTECH
Posts: 2880
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 4:21 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:42 pm

codc10 wrote:
CALTECH wrote:
Had #103 the other day, remember coach had slimline leather seats installed, Believe the front was still Diamond seats were still up front. Interior items get replaced if broken. Believe #103 also had the new carpet and galley floors.


New seats entirely, or just covers on the old (believe BE Spectrum?) seats?


They are just covers...
UNITED Would Be Nice
 
User avatar
iahcsr
Posts: 3904
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 1999 2:59 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:24 pm

77W
N59034 UA finally taking delivery of fourth. UA2686 PAESFO 23Mar. (Not that they needed it sooner anyway) This will be re registered later this year when N2534U becomes available.
35 is waiting on Polaris seats, but 36 & 37 are ready whenever. 38 just had B1. 39 is fresh off FAL.
Working Hard, Flying Right Friendly....
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 2281
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:13 pm

73G:
N12754 exited INT 2799//23Mar with slimlines/new F seats

738:
N11206 exited INT 2796/22Mar with slimlines/scoimitars

Wondering if INT is being scaled back. Only 2 units there at this point.
sites.google.com/site/unitedfleetsite/
 
codc10
Posts: 1875
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2000 7:18 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:55 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
73G:
N12754 exited INT 2799//23Mar with slimlines/new F seats

738:
N11206 exited INT 2796/22Mar with slimlines/scoimitars

Wondering if INT is being scaled back. Only 2 units there at this point.


How many more units need slimlines/scimitars? Has the new F seat program started on the non-Copa 737s yet?

Seems like the scimitar mods are mostly done, and aside from the 73G fleet, there are only a dozen or so stretch 737s that haven't been 'slimmed'. Maybe the mod program is winding down.
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 2281
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:32 am

All 4 Copa units are slimlined and have new F.
We are getting close, but hope UA doesn't slow down on the final lap. I just haven't seen fewer than 4-6 737NGs in INT for a while, just 2 today and one already has been completed. Maybe some more units will enter tonight or tomorrow.

I count 307 of 325 737NGs with scimitars and 35 of 40 73G and only about 25 738/9 needing slimlines.
sites.google.com/site/unitedfleetsite/
 
AA737-823
Posts: 5024
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2000 11:10 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:32 am

codc10 wrote:

How many more units need slimlines/scimitars?


According to the fleet website, only ONE 73G has been modded with 78 Y slimlines- the four Copa birds were delivered that way.
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 2281
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:35 am

Well, a Twitter follower linked this story saying INT MRO is closing. according to the Winston-Salem Journal. They did a ton of work on the 737NG fleet for UA. At least the 737NG fleet mods are near completion.

AA737-823:
I don't believe the Copa units were delivered with slimlines. They've been in the fleet since 2015 - the last one departed INT yesterday with new F seats and virtually sure they had slimlines installed.
sites.google.com/site/unitedfleetsite/
 
User avatar
iahcsr
Posts: 3904
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 1999 2:59 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:59 am

AA737-823 wrote:
codc10 wrote:

How many more units need slimlines/scimitars?


According to the fleet website, only ONE 73G has been modded with 78 Y slimlines- the four Copa birds were delivered that way.

I can state unequivocally that the ex-Copa 73Gs did NOT have slimlines until the program commenced some weeks ago. All were the standard 12/106. As of today they, Ships 0751-4, as well as 0718, are now slimlined 12/114 configuration.
It is possible the four had the actual slimline model seats installed but in the standard arrangement. In my job I am concerned wth the number of seats, not the make/model. :crazy:
Working Hard, Flying Right Friendly....
 
UAinAUS
Topic Author
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:11 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:35 am

I can 100% state that the 4 ex-Copa 73Gs were delivered/inducted with the standard seats and were slimlined along with in-seat power installation and new F seats over the past few weeks. UA.com still not updated but all 4 ex-Copa birds also have power in F/E+.
 
boefan
Posts: 877
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 6:33 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:03 am

iahcsr wrote:
77W
N59034 UA finally taking delivery of fourth. UA2686 PAESFO 23Mar. (Not that they needed it sooner anyway) This will be re registered later this year when N2534U becomes available.
35 is waiting on Polaris seats, but 36 & 37 are ready whenever. 38 just had B1. 39 is fresh off FAL.


36 is scheduled for delivery today 24/3/2017 and 37 will follow shortly after . 35 , 38 , 39 will have to wait at least a month for seats .
 
VC10er
Posts: 2540
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:25 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:54 pm

AA737-823 wrote:
intotheair wrote:
cosyr wrote:

I was shocked that UA was bragging about their Zodiak seats at the exact time that AA was breaking their contract, because Zodiak couldn't deliver. I selfishly hoped that UA was paying top dollar and diverting Zodiak's resources away from AA, but it appears that when it sounds like a duck and looks like a duck...Zodiak is just not functioning properly. If UA changes manufacturers, I think Zodiak might be finished. Their reputation certainly will take a damaging blow. If UA sticks with them, hopefully the "extra resources" Munoz is talking about could be their saving grace.


Not only that, but UA seemed pretty confident because they were dealing with Zodiak UK, whereas AA went through Zodiak US. That was supposed to be all the difference.


Well, it should indeed be the difference. Zodiac US is not Zodiac at all, but actually the company formerly known as WEBER. And they've been troublesome for a long time.
Zodiac elsewhere is a different story.
And it's not unreasonable to think that, given the rapid fire succession of United's 77W deliveries, it isn't economical for Zodiac to ramp up production speed for merely 14 planes worth of seats, and then fire the people they hired to do that extra work scope.


WOW, is it possible that since United had the seat custom designed for them that they can take the blueprints and go to another manufacturer to either augment or replace Zodiac who is letting UNITED down?
The world is missing love, let's use our flights to spread it!
 
User avatar
iahcsr
Posts: 3904
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 1999 2:59 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:39 am

boefan wrote:
iahcsr wrote:
77W
N59034 UA finally taking delivery of fourth. UA2686 PAESFO 23Mar. (Not that they needed it sooner anyway) This will be re registered later this year when N2534U becomes available.
35 is waiting on Polaris seats, but 36 & 37 are ready whenever. 38 just had B1. 39 is fresh off FAL.


36 is scheduled for delivery today 24/3/2017 and 37 will follow shortly after . 35 , 38 , 39 will have to wait at least a month for seats .


FlightAware doesn't show any activity for 36 or 37 today, however UA's employee news update specifically states now having delivery of six 77Ws. Either things got delayed for some reason or UA did fork over the :dollarsign: and got the keys today but didn't fly 'em out.
Working Hard, Flying Right Friendly....
 
boefan
Posts: 877
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 6:33 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:26 am

iahcsr wrote:
boefan wrote:
iahcsr wrote:
77W
N59034 UA finally taking delivery of fourth. UA2686 PAESFO 23Mar. (Not that they needed it sooner anyway) This will be re registered later this year when N2534U becomes available.
35 is waiting on Polaris seats, but 36 & 37 are ready whenever. 38 just had B1. 39 is fresh off FAL.


36 is scheduled for delivery today 24/3/2017 and 37 will follow shortly after . 35 , 38 , 39 will have to wait at least a month for seats .


FlightAware doesn't show any activity for 36 or 37 today, however UA's employee news update specifically states now having delivery of six 77Ws. Either things got delayed for some reason or UA did fork over the :dollarsign: and got the keys today but didn't fly 'em out.


I never said they will take them home today :D The now own the frames with delivery flights due in the next 10 days
 
User avatar
iahcsr
Posts: 3904
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 1999 2:59 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:51 am

boefan wrote:
iahcsr wrote:
boefan wrote:

36 is scheduled for delivery today 24/3/2017 and 37 will follow shortly after . 35 , 38 , 39 will have to wait at least a month for seats .


FlightAware doesn't show any activity for 36 or 37 today, however UA's employee news update specifically states now having delivery of six 77Ws. Either things got delayed for some reason or UA did fork over the :dollarsign: and got the keys today but didn't fly 'em out.


I never said they will take them home today :D The now own the frames with delivery flights due in the next 10 days

They took the 'or' option :wave: Not surprising given SFO wouldn't have open bays for three simultaneous inductions much less room to park them until the work on 34 is done.
BTW it looks to be N2332U (aka 2132 or just 32 :) ) will be op the inaugural UA 869 SFOHKG on 25th.
Working Hard, Flying Right Friendly....
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 21085
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:57 am

Next 77W route is SFO-NRT. Was announced in bulletin this week.

Suppose should be loaded in GDS either this weekend or next.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
AA737-823
Posts: 5024
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2000 11:10 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:33 am

calpsafltskeds wrote:
Well, a Twitter follower linked this story saying INT MRO is closing. according to the Winston-Salem Journal. They did a ton of work on the 737NG fleet for UA. At least the 737NG fleet mods are near completion.

AA737-823:
I don't believe the Copa units were delivered with slimlines. They've been in the fleet since 2015 - the last one departed INT yesterday with new F seats and virtually sure they had slimlines installed.



Well, when I perused your website, I saw them grouped together at the bottom, and I assumed they'd been delivered that way!

My focus in my post was more that, contrary to some previous post, very very few 73G's have been slimmed.
 
fun2fly
Posts: 1007
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:44 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:46 am

LAXintl wrote:
Next 77W route is SFO-NRT. Was announced in bulletin this week.

Suppose should be loaded in GDS either this weekend or next.


What's the start date?
 
CONTACREW
Posts: 779
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:15 pm

fun2fly wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
Next 77W route is SFO-NRT. Was announced in bulletin this week.

Suppose should be loaded in GDS either this weekend or next.


What's the start date?


May 24.
Flight Attendants prepare doors for departure, cross check verify straps standby for all call
 
User avatar
CALTECH
Posts: 2880
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 4:21 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:16 pm

Don't know if it's been posted yet, but see 4 more 737-800s coming, 0539-0542.
UNITED Would Be Nice
 
cruiseshipcrew
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:30 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:09 am

I see that one of the 77Ws has been put into short term storage at Boeing waiting for seats. With the Polaris seats running behind schedule it was said there is a chance the 747 might stick around a little longer than October. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
Road Warrior
 
codc10
Posts: 1875
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2000 7:18 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:00 pm

cruiseshipcrew wrote:
I see that one of the 77Ws has been put into short term storage at Boeing waiting for seats. With the Polaris seats running behind schedule it was said there is a chance the 747 might stick around a little longer than October. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.


I don't think the seat delays will impact the October retirement of the 747 fleet. The deliveries would have to all but cease for 4-5 months for that to be realistic.
 
User avatar
iahcsr
Posts: 3904
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 1999 2:59 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:05 pm

codc10 wrote:
cruiseshipcrew wrote:
I see that one of the 77Ws has been put into short term storage at Boeing waiting for seats. With the Polaris seats running behind schedule it was said there is a chance the 747 might stick around a little longer than October. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.


I don't think the seat delays will impact the October retirement of the 747 fleet. The deliveries would have to all but cease for 4-5 months for that to be realistic.

Supposedly three frames will be waiting on seats. Two more are on FAL at this time. They may not have to wait.
Working Hard, Flying Right Friendly....
 
User avatar
iahcsr
Posts: 3904
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 1999 2:59 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:10 pm

CALTECH wrote:
Don't know if it's been posted yet, but see 4 more 737-800s coming, 0539-0542.

It was mentioned sometime around the delivery of 0538.... is there a time frame for these last bunch yet?
Working Hard, Flying Right Friendly....
 
Boeing12345
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:13 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:02 pm

It was mentioned sometime around the delivery of 0538.... is there a time frame for these last bunch yet?

2 in August and 2 in September.
 
SFOtoORD
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:26 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:27 pm

CALTECH wrote:
Don't know if it's been posted yet, but see 4 more 737-800s coming, 0539-0542.


How many new build 738s is that in the last year or so? 10?

When was the last new build 738 prior to these recent adds?
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 2281
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:56 pm

738 deliveries:
7 in 2016, all with Space bins
4 sked in late 2017

744:
N181UA enterd XMN 2773/26Mar
sites.google.com/site/unitedfleetsite/
 
User avatar
iahcsr
Posts: 3904
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 1999 2:59 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2017

Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:37 am

77W
N2138U had a C1 today. 35U has not had a C1 as it's waiting on Polaris seats. This suggests 38U is fully Porlaris-fied. :confused: :white:
Working Hard, Flying Right Friendly....
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 11

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos