User avatar
LAXintl
Topic Author
Posts: 21696
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:17 pm

Our friends over at Baltia now say they have selected the 767-300ER as their aircraft of choice and signed LOI with Kalitta Air LCC for its lease.

Baltia Signs Letter of Intent to Lease Aircraft
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/baltia-si ... 00813.html

=

Guess reality settled in that the 747-200 was no longer a viable option in 2017.

Lets see if they will manage to be airborne prior to their upcoming 30-year anniversary in 2019!
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
User avatar
enilria
Posts: 7548
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:26 pm

1) does it have engines?
2) oh no, they'll have to do the emergency exit test again. ;)
 
tsnamm
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 3:28 am

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:29 pm

OMG Please make it stop! This is like the worlds longest running joke...
 
User avatar
VirginFlyer
Posts: 4670
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2000 12:27 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:34 pm

Caledonian Wings don't have any L1011s they could give to them? :duck:

V/F
"It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens." - Bahá'u'lláh
 
Kilopond
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:08 am

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:52 pm

enilria wrote:
1) does it have engines?[...]


:bigthumbsup:

They are just a public nuisance, just like any other start-up airline which tries to operate below a certain critical mass. That recently failed Greco-Yugoslavian-Canadian fraud company comes to mind. (I didn't care to remember their name),
 
User avatar
enilria
Posts: 7548
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:05 pm

Kilopond wrote:
enilria wrote:
1) does it have engines?[...]


:bigthumbsup:

They are just a public nuisance, just like any other start-up airline which tries to operate below a certain critical mass. That recently failed Greco-Yugoslavian-Canadian fraud company comes to mind. (I didn't care to remember their name),

I'm surprised the shareholders haven't called for an investigation.
 
flyDTW1992
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:04 am

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:16 pm

As a Kalitta Air employee....I'm speechless on this one. I got nothin'.
Now you're flying smart
 
User avatar
enilria
Posts: 7548
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:18 pm

flyDTW1992 wrote:
As a Kalitta Air employee....I'm speechless on this one. I got nothin'.

Seems like Kalitta makes more money off Baltia than anybody. Kalitta is getting or has gotten 767s, right? Same batch?
 
flyDTW1992
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:04 am

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:27 pm

enilria wrote:
flyDTW1992 wrote:
As a Kalitta Air employee....I'm speechless on this one. I got nothin'.

Seems like Kalitta makes more money off Baltia than anybody. Kalitta is getting or has gotten 767s, right? Same batch?

We have two recently-converted birds in revenue service; more are on the way but we were generally under the impression they'd all be converted and flying freight for us.
Now you're flying smart
 
User avatar
aerorobnz
Posts: 7868
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2001 3:43 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:57 pm

VirginFlyer wrote:
Caledonian Wings don't have any L1011s they could give to them? :duck:

V/F


I'd rather they used a Caravelle JFK-YHZ-YQX-GOH-KEF-EDI-OSL-LED myself...;-)
Flown to 128 Airports in 48 Countries on 81 Operators. Visited 56 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 3487
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:07 pm

Would love to know who the people are that invest and lend money to this company for the last almost 30-years?

Baltia stock value is not even $0.01. Currently $0.0019 !

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/blta
 
802flyguy
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 1:56 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:42 pm

Now they can get to work on the codeshare with California Pacific.
 
ahj2000
Posts: 765
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:34 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:58 pm

Well at least its better tha the BalTIA thing they had planned a while back...a couple weekly 767s to LED/MOW/RIG will be a more respectable way for a 30 year old company to finally kick the bucket.
-Andrés Juánez
 
pilotmanchee
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:45 am

I think this is a great deal for Conie and Kalitta. K4 just purchased 3 767 all in passenger configuration. With the bottleneck of 767 waiting to be converted to cargo use chances are one of these 767 would sit for awhile doing nothing. If Baltia is serious about getting this bird airborne K4 will make it happen happily making money form the wet lease agreement. If Baltia does not get this up in the air with in the next year Kalitta and Conie will take the bird to get converted to cargo. It will be fun to see what happens
 
User avatar
usxguy
Posts: 1194
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:28 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:28 pm

Komrad Klass going to become a reality? As a DOT Part 380 Charter?
xx
 
Jetsouth
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:40 pm

Well, they have been trying for 28 years to get certification, which was denied, and they are starting over again on the process. Probably take them another 28 years at least til finally get their certification. Only parts of this 767 that they are getting that will fly will be the rust chips.
 
flyDTW1992
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:04 am

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:19 am

Connie resigned from the Baltia BOD after a few weeks, and Kalitta is supposedly close to picking up more 767 conversion slots. I'll be surprised if the 767 ever makes it to Baltia.
Now you're flying smart
 
jfkflyer
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:31 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:34 am

what will happen to the 742
INSTAGRAM : @KJFKSPOTTER
 
flyDTW1992
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:04 am

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:38 am

kennedyspotter wrote:
what will happen to the 742

I assume it'll be scrapped in OSC in the coming months.
Now you're flying smart
 
jfkflyer
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:31 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:42 am

flyDTW1992 wrote:
kennedyspotter wrote:
what will happen to the 742

I assume it'll be scrapped in OSC in the coming months.


goddamnit, it is in nearly perfect condition... can it be converted to a freighter...who will buy it?
INSTAGRAM : @KJFKSPOTTER
 
User avatar
Spacepope
Posts: 3472
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 1999 11:10 am

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:54 am

kennedyspotter wrote:
flyDTW1992 wrote:
kennedyspotter wrote:
what will happen to the 742

I assume it'll be scrapped in OSC in the coming months.


goddamnit, it is in nearly perfect condition... can it be converted to a freighter...who will buy it?

Nobody has converted a 744 in nearly a decade, who the hell in their right mind would convert a 742?
The last of the famous international playboys
 
jfkflyer
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:31 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:56 am

Spacepope wrote:
kennedyspotter wrote:
flyDTW1992 wrote:
I assume it'll be scrapped in OSC in the coming months.


goddamnit, it is in nearly perfect condition... can it be converted to a freighter...who will buy it?

Nobody has converted a 744 in nearly a decade, who the hell in their right mind would convert a 742?



who the hell would scrap a 742 that is in mint condition? It's one thing if it was say an old evergreen aircraft at kennedy...
INSTAGRAM : @KJFKSPOTTER
 
User avatar
Spacepope
Posts: 3472
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 1999 11:10 am

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:27 am

kennedyspotter wrote:
Spacepope wrote:
kennedyspotter wrote:

goddamnit, it is in nearly perfect condition... can it be converted to a freighter...who will buy it?

Nobody has converted a 744 in nearly a decade, who the hell in their right mind would convert a 742?



who the hell would scrap a 742 that is in mint condition? It's one thing if it was say an old evergreen aircraft at kennedy...

Just about anyone with half a brain. Or maybe it can join all the other pax 742s plying their trade. Oh wait.
The last of the famous international playboys
 
MaksFly
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:50 am

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:44 am

heh, that pump and dump is at it again.
 
MaksFly
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:50 am

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:09 am

Was just looking at the financials.... I do not see the 747 there..

Do they still have it?
 
blacksoviet
Posts: 751
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:50 am

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:20 am

I believe Baltia has a Pratt & Whitney powered 747-251. Who will buy the engines? If it is in mint condition, the plane should have its fuel system modified and be sold to Transaero. It could also be sold to the Air Force and used for E-4 parts or it could even be converted into a E-4.
 
flyDTW1992
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:04 am

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:14 am

That frame came to K4 with all the other Northwest frames we got after the DL/NW merger, it was old even then, we would've likely used it for parts to sustain the 742 freighters. At the time it was sold from K4 to Baltia, it had 103,000 hours on it, I wouldn't call that mint condition no matter how you slice it. The engines on it are also an older version of the JT9, older than what we have on our last remaining 742, so we can't/won't use them. Our last 742 will be retired shortly anyway, as it has major airframe work coming due, and we have more 744s coming online.

If the Baltia bird has any useful parts, they'll likely be used to sustain our 744 fleet or any of the remaining 747 Classics that come to OSC for contract maintenance.

PS: By comparison, our last active 742 freigher only has 82,000 hours on it, and it only has weeks left before being parked.
Now you're flying smart
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 4185
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:04 am

MaksFly wrote:
Was just looking at the financials.... I do not see the 747 there..

Do they still have it?


Pretty sure they had a nice photoshopped picture of one... Did you find professional photoshopping fees in the financials?

:duck:

Bring on the photoshopped 767.

Can't wait until they get their hands on a photoshopped third-hand 787 for their 457th launch proposal in 20 years, that'll look nice.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
blacksoviet
Posts: 751
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:50 am

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:31 am

flyDTW1992 wrote:
That frame came to K4 with all the other Northwest frames we got after the DL/NW merger, it was old even then, we would've likely used it for parts to sustain the 742 freighters. At the time it was sold from K4 to Baltia, it had 103,000 hours on it, I wouldn't call that mint condition no matter how you slice it. The engines on it are also an older version of the JT9, older than what we have on our last remaining 742, so we can't/won't use them. Our last 742 will be retired shortly anyway, as it has major airframe work coming due, and we have more 744s coming online.

If the Baltia bird has any useful parts, they'll likely be used to sustain our 744 fleet or any of the remaining 747 Classics that come to OSC for contract maintenance.

PS: By comparison, our last active 742 freigher only has 82,000 hours on it, and it only has weeks left before being parked.

Are all the Flight Engineers retiring with the aircraft? This is the end of an era. Maybe you will wet-lease that last 742 to a South American drug lord to replace his jerry-rigged 727. It doesn't have enough hours to be scrapped.

Why did DL retire all the freighters after the merger?
 
harleydriver
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 1:09 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:04 pm

Of course Baltia would want the B742, when they started the certification process they still had the new plane smell!
Department of Redundancy Department
 
Jetsouth
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:23 pm

Even if Baltia gets its certification, does it have a sound business plan? To fly JFK to St. Petersburg, Russia? Is there enough traffic between the two cities? Especially with the recession going on in Russia? Maybe under Trump, things will improve, but Trump will be long out of office by the time this "airline" gets its certification.
 
User avatar
TWA772LR
Posts: 5139
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 am

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:56 pm

Francoflier wrote:
MaksFly wrote:
Was just looking at the financials.... I do not see the 747 there..

Do they still have it?


Pretty sure they had a nice photoshopped picture of one... Did you find professional photoshopping fees in the financials?

:duck:

Bring on the photoshopped 767.

Can't wait until they get their hands on a photoshopped third-hand 787 for their 457th launch proposal in 20 years, that'll look nice.

What an ignorant statement. It will be the A380-900neo since the demand between JFK and LED would have increased and technology would make that jump. They'd also wise up and order 60 Boom jets as their regional fleet. I thought you knew better than that.

I kid I kid! :bigmouth:
Eat 'em up Kats!
 
TNST3B
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:09 am

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:24 pm

blacksoviet wrote:
flyDTW1992 wrote:
That frame came to K4 with all the other Northwest frames we got after the DL/NW merger, it was old even then, we would've likely used it for parts to sustain the 742 freighters. At the time it was sold from K4 to Baltia, it had 103,000 hours on it, I wouldn't call that mint condition no matter how you slice it. The engines on it are also an older version of the JT9, older than what we have on our last remaining 742, so we can't/won't use them. Our last 742 will be retired shortly anyway, as it has major airframe work coming due, and we have more 744s coming online.

If the Baltia bird has any useful parts, they'll likely be used to sustain our 744 fleet or any of the remaining 747 Classics that come to OSC for contract maintenance.

PS: By comparison, our last active 742 freigher only has 82,000 hours on it, and it only has weeks left before being parked.

Are all the Flight Engineers retiring with the aircraft? This is the end of an era. Maybe you will wet-lease that last 742 to a South American drug lord to replace his jerry-rigged 727. It doesn't have enough hours to be scrapped.

Why did DL retire all the freighters after the merger?


I'm begging to think that you are in fact a troll.
 
bennett123
Posts: 7826
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:57 pm

I no more see this flying with a B767 than it did with the B747.
 
User avatar
enilria
Posts: 7548
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:20 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
Francoflier wrote:
MaksFly wrote:
Was just looking at the financials.... I do not see the 747 there..

Do they still have it?


Pretty sure they had a nice photoshopped picture of one... Did you find professional photoshopping fees in the financials?

:duck:

Bring on the photoshopped 767.

Can't wait until they get their hands on a photoshopped third-hand 787 for their 457th launch proposal in 20 years, that'll look nice.

What an ignorant statement. It will be the A380-900neo since the demand between JFK and LED would have increased and technology would make that jump. They'd also wise up and order 60 Boom jets as their regional fleet. I thought you knew better than that.

I kid I kid! :bigmouth:

But in all seriousness, perhaps Baltia needs to restructure because they spent all their money funding wikileaks in order to improve relations with Russia to increase traffic to LED? ;) :D
 
User avatar
TWA772LR
Posts: 5139
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 am

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:23 pm

enilria wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
Francoflier wrote:

Pretty sure they had a nice photoshopped picture of one... Did you find professional photoshopping fees in the financials?

:duck:

Bring on the photoshopped 767.

Can't wait until they get their hands on a photoshopped third-hand 787 for their 457th launch proposal in 20 years, that'll look nice.

What an ignorant statement. It will be the A380-900neo since the demand between JFK and LED would have increased and technology would make that jump. They'd also wise up and order 60 Boom jets as their regional fleet. I thought you knew better than that.

I kid I kid! :bigmouth:

But in all seriousness, perhaps Baltia needs to restructure because they spent all their money funding wikileaks in order to improve relations with Russia to increase traffic to LED? ;) :D

What better way to do that than to seek subsidies from Kim to start FNJ??? :D
Eat 'em up Kats!
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Topic Author
Posts: 21696
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:57 pm

Shareholder update issued today:


Baltia Air Lines Provides First Quarter 2017 Update in a Letter from Its Chairman & President


Dear Fellow Baltia Shareholder:

With my first full quarter as Chairman of the Board and President complete, I would like to provide you with an update on our progress and current status. As we transform our company with the ultimate priority of becoming a fully operational airline by the end of 2017, I can report that we believe the changes we have implemented thus far are positive for our company, and further that we will continue to work diligently toward our stated goal.

Since November 2016, we appointed Mr. George Kelsey of the Kelsey Law Group as General Counsel; Mr. John W. Lampl formerly of British Airways, as VP Corporate Communications; Captain Douglass Chouinard, previously of Swift Air, as Director of Operations; and Mr. James Calabrese, a 30-year aviation industry veteran as Director of Maintenance. In addition to these executives, Mr. Felix Malitsky, an accomplished and well-respected entrepreneur as well as President and Managing Partner of Fortis Lux Financial, joined our Board of Directors. These are talented and experienced professionals who have further augmented our team and will play a key role in the future direction of our company.

In January 2017, we retained Ellenoff Grossman & Schole LLP, a well-respected Manhattan-based law firm, to advise and represent us in several aspects of our business, ranging from securities compliance to financing. Since then, we launched a private, convertible preferred stock offering allowing us to raise capital in order to implement our restructuring efforts. We have also retained the services of a new accounting firm, separate audit preparation firm, and we intend to select an independent auditor to bring Baltia up-to-date and current with all regulatory filings. This process has been prolonged since the financial statements for 2015 and 2016 must be audited. The re-audit of the 2015 financial statements is necessary based on the removal and censuring of our prior auditors. I am confident that once the audit is finalized, Baltia will be on the path to more normalized operations and we can seek reinstatement of the trading of our common stock on the OTCQB Market.

With regard to FAA Air Carrier Certification, on March 29, 2017, our COO, Sheryle Milligan and I met with members from our new FAA Certification Team. Although we have been communicating with them routinely since the Regional Office assigned our project to the Indianapolis Flight Standards District Office (FSDO), this was our first time speaking with them in person as a team. We believe this meeting was advantageous for two reasons: first, it gave us the opportunity to introduce them to our updated vision for our company and our proposed airline operations, and second, the meeting allowed the agency the opportunity to update us on the numerous changes taking place within the FAA.

In particular, recently, the FAA issued new “draft” guidance for Air Carrier Certifications. To ensure our efforts at gaining FAA certification are accomplished using current data, the FSDO Manager obtained authorization to forward the draft to us for use in developing future revisions to our manuals. This will help reduce the possibility of having to recreate documents during this renewed certification project. We are hopeful that this action highlights the agency’s willingness to support our certification efforts moving forward.

Since our December 2016 announcement of our execution of a Letter of Intent to lease a Boeing 767-300ER aircraft, our relationship with Kalitta Air continues to be strong. We are currently collaborating to execute a lease agreement at the appropriate time so as to minimize unnecessary leasing costs and bring the aircraft online once maintenance is complete. In anticipation of flight operations, ten new registration numbers were reserved and purchased by us from the FAA, signaling our intention to augment our fleet to ten airplanes. This coincides with our vision for aggressive fleet and route expansion should we obtain FAA certification.

We have also been working diligently on re-branding our company and our updated service offering. This includes website development and creation of social media platforms, as well as additional marketing collateral for the business. We have forged new strategic relationships with senior management at The Port Authority of NY and NJ, political figures, and business partners here in New York as well as in cities we’ve targeted as potential pairing partners.

All of our company’s expenses and overhead have been assessed and a thorough overhaul of our financing and accounting functions has been instituted. I have implemented a strict code of fiscal discipline across the board, which includes re-negotiation of existing contracts with all vendors and business partners and elimination of unnecessary and or redundant services.

Finally, I look forward to sharing our detailed and comprehensive plan at our upcoming Special Shareholders Meeting to be held on or about Thursday, May 11, 2017 at Stewart International Airport Hangar G, located at 169 NY- 17K, Newburgh, NY 12550. Shareholders as of the record date for such meeting will receive additional details as well as proxy statement information in the coming weeks.

A lot has been accomplished and a lot remains to be completed; however what remains constant is that our team is dedicated, determined and disciplined to get the job done!

As always, thank you for your continued support.

Respectfully,

Anthony D. Koulouris
Chairman of the Board & President
Baltia Air Lines, Inc.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
flyDTW1992
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:04 am

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:34 am

Same S#!%, different day as far as I can tell.
Now you're flying smart
 
ahj2000
Posts: 765
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:34 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:12 am

flyDTW1992 wrote:
Same S#!%, different day as far as I can tell.

Yup
-Andrés Juánez
 
BestWestern
Posts: 7706
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 8:46 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:33 am

So, they've opened a twitter account and met someone from the airport?
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.
 
Phl
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:18 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:59 am

Looks like Baltia as we <didn't get to> know it will be rebranded in the coming weeks/months. Speculation is the new name to be US Global Airways.

In the past few months, they've brought on new talent with some solid industry experience to actually try and take this venture seriously. They're apparently negotiating deals at NY Stewart Intl. Airport because the NY/NJ PA is offering amazing incentives to ignite more air service out of that field (like free landing fees, for one) The special shareholder meeting in Mid May is supposedly going to spell out the vision and give a progress report on the current FAA certification process, new company name, reverse stock split, etc.

The level of optimism on a particular investor web site is over the top. If you try to post one comment that contributes some analysis of the airline and industry in general, one of the 5 moderators deletes it almost immediately. Most of the posts are cheerleaders who are invested deep and speculating the airline to take off and allow them to buy a few vacation homes. I don't blame them. I put some money in too (when the stock was below 1/2 a penny), but if the company tanks my kids will still to go college.

What I see in the 1-3 year outlook is another upstart airline, negotiating deals to start with a fleet of 10 or fewer planes flying from Stewart field to current unserved nonstop destinations to take advantage of the incentives. Since the airport has a nearly 12,000 foot runway, they aren't really limited in terms of destinations so long as the aircraft they use are capable. We only know of a single 767-300 that they've signed a letter of intent. They don't even have possession of it while they work through years of mismanagement and SEC paperwork to sort out.

The coming month or two might provide a clearer picture, but I think we can safely say that Baltia and JFK-LED are probably an old dream of a former company and management.
 
MO11
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:07 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:17 am

What I have never understood: the company has had a DOT certificate on-and-off for over 20 years. Couldn't it wet-lease an airplane to determine if such service was viable? I think it would have saved a bunch of investor money.
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Topic Author
Posts: 21696
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Fri May 05, 2017 4:21 pm

Per SEC filing, Baltia will be known as USGlobal Airways pending shareholder meeting on May 11th.

They also propose a reverse stock split of either 1:25 or 1:50 to boost the price per share allowing for better exchange listing opportunities.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 7004
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Fri May 05, 2017 4:27 pm

MO11 wrote:
What I have never understood: the company has had a DOT certificate on-and-off for over 20 years. Couldn't it wet-lease an airplane to determine if such service was viable? I think it would have saved a bunch of investor money.

That is because this really isn't a real company interested in actually starting service. At this point it is just a scam. Baltia/US Global is just doing the bare minimum to give off the appearance that they are legitimate and avoid a serious investigation into the company.
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Topic Author
Posts: 21696
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Fri May 12, 2017 3:41 pm

Per SEC filing


On May 9, 2017, Baltia Air Lines, Inc. (the “Company”) entered into an Aircraft Lease Agreement (the “Agreement”) with Kalitta Air, LLC (“Kalitta”), pursuant to which the Company will lease a Boeing 767-400ER model aircraft from Kalitta. Such aircraft will be equipped for worldwide geographical operations. The Company will take delivery of the aircraft no later than July 30, 2017 for a term of 24 months unless Kalitta recalls the aircraft for conversion from passenger use to cargo. The parties may also choose to extend the term of the lease. Under the terms of the Agreement, Kalitta is required to provide the Company with all historical records related to the aircraft airframe and engines in order to meet regulatory requirements.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data ... 149_8k.htm

=

So a 764 now !
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
User avatar
jnev3289
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:45 am

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Fri May 12, 2017 4:03 pm

If by some miracle(?) they schedule a flight, who is going to book it just for the novelty? I'd consider it
 
TheGeordielad
Posts: 867
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Fri May 12, 2017 5:17 pm

Is it the Bahrain wing one because I don't see delta and united selling theirs
 
User avatar
NWAROOSTER
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:29 pm

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Sat May 13, 2017 3:20 am

Spacepope wrote:
TheGeordielad wrote:
Is it the Bahrain wing one because I don't see delta and united selling theirs


You missed the real gem there: Apparently Kalitta is launching the B764 P2F conversion program too! Investors really buy this?

How is Kalitta going to convince Delta and/or United to sell their 767-400s? Delta has 21 and United has 16. This is a total of 37 aircraft. :old:
Procrastination Is The Theft Of Time.......
 
User avatar
Spacepope
Posts: 3472
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 1999 11:10 am

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Sat May 13, 2017 3:37 am

NWAROOSTER wrote:
Spacepope wrote:
TheGeordielad wrote:
Is it the Bahrain wing one because I don't see delta and united selling theirs


You missed the real gem there: Apparently Kalitta is launching the B764 P2F conversion program too! Investors really buy this?

How is Kalitta going to convince Delta and/or United to sell their 767-400s? Delta has 21 and United has 16. This is a total of 37 aircraft. :old:

They don't need to. There is another. The E-10 prototype...
The last of the famous international playboys
 
User avatar
CPHFF
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:03 am

Re: Baltia to lease 767-300ER

Sat May 13, 2017 7:24 am

Shouldn't topics concerning Baltia (and Rekkof for that matter) be posted in the "Non Av Forum" by now?
Never underestimate the power of ignorance

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos