mariner

Re: Qantas set to announce non-stop PER-LHR flights within days

Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:28 pm

usflyer123 wrote:
i know that LHR-PER market has tremendous size of VFR traffic, but does it also have a large business traffic?

There are very strong business connections between Perth/WA and London, especially in the mining industry.

The humongous BHP/Billiton and the gi-normous Rio Tinto are both Anglo-Australian companies with an umbilical chord to the UK, as well as others.

As importantly, there are many Australians who would prefer an alternative to DXB, no matter how well it works for Qantas. Australia's Jewish community has ;long publicly expressed concern about DXB and I imagine a fair few of them will be pleased to fly to London on the national carrier without transiting through a Muslim country. And there are plenty of Australians (not Jewish) who would prefer that as well.

Qantas is - at last - giving its powerful base an alternative routing to the UK.

mariner
aeternum nauta

Planesmart

Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:35 pm

I wonder who the target market is for these long legs?

A transfer for me is time to stretch the legs, shower, have a good meal, meet friends or acquaintances, make private phone calls, etc.

On an infrequently flown schedule, flying ULH, on a business trip, it would only take one medical or technical diversion to create delays longer than the savings from 10 trips on the same route.

My older aged European domiciled relatives are finding airlines and health insurance companies are becoming very cautious about longer duration flights.

They are finding for longer flights, airlines require mandatory health insurance AND first or business travel.

For the two most recent trips, SQ and EK both insisted on minimum business class travel, and wanted to vet / approve the travel insurance cover.

When EK announced AKL - DXB, my parents decided perhaps one final long distance business class trip would be possible, but couldn't get travel insurance on that leg of the trip at a reasonable cost. Same company happy to insure if they chose shorter hops.

Travel insurers and airlines definitely have some hang-ups transporting the elderly on long distance flights, presumably because the risk (and cost) of medical emergency diversions increases.

Same elderly relatives have no issues flying on shorter intra-European flights, and to USA, at present. But in future....

All of us are aging, and a few specifically on this thread, including me, could find in the not too distant future that global travel isn't quite so straightforward, or as inexpensive.

giapichino

Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:39 pm

Reading this forum I learned that aren't those in couch to make a flight profitable.

With this in mind, if you'd take for a moment the role of the business class passenger (with comfortable lie-flat seat), wouldn't you prefer to continue sleeping or working instead of, in order:
1 putting the seat in upright position
2 being flashed by cabin lights,
3 going through customs and security checks
4 wait the following flight in an uncomfortable chair/environment for enough time to get bored but not enough to try to sleep again
5 repeat # 1 and 2

???

redroo

Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:06 pm

There are a lot this the flight had going for it.

It offers non stop for Perth to London

It offers a faster trip time for Sydney and Melbourne than via Dubai

It offers the business seat instead of the dated Skybed on the A380

It allows for a much better work, way, sleep pattern than Dubai or Asia.

It gives qantas something

DDR

Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:22 pm

For passengers who can afford business class, a nonstop flight would be a no brainer. However, I feel for those people in economy. Also, catering will be interesting on a flight this long. Hopefully, coach passengers will receive large pillows and blankets to help make the flight more enjoyable. But for everyone onboard, it will be important that they get up and move around. Not healthy at all to sit in a seat for that amount of time.

Too bad there is no SST in the future.

scbriml

Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:17 pm

qf002 wrote:
Yes, I would say a 3.1% difference is quite substantial, especially if you are talking about routing flights in the most efficient way possible.

Weather and ATC restrictions could easily add more than that to any flight. Flights very often have to take sub-optimal routes.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

DDR

Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:21 pm

scbriml wrote:
qf002 wrote:
Yes, I would say a 3.1% difference is quite substantial, especially if you are talking about routing flights in the most efficient way possible.

Weather and ATC restrictions could easily add more than that to any flight. Flights very often have to take sub-optimal routes.

Good points. I wonder how much effect headwinds will have on a flight like this. And as you said, even ATC restrictions could play a large part on the success of the route. If this flight is forced to declare frequent fuel emergencies due to holding near LHR, then the whole experiment may be a moot point anyway.

Gemuser

Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:32 pm

LionelHutz wrote:
This is my contention, it should not be an unachievable ask in terms of bums on seats (those EY & QR flights out of PER must already be taking quite a few pax heading to the UK).

Actually that's another point, some [many?] of those UK bound passengers are not bound for the South of England. One of the reasons the ME3 are so strong in the UK is that they fly non stop to the regions, a PER-LHR flight is not going to be attractive to those passengers.

Gemuser

globalcabotage

Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:40 pm

And MEL-DFW & SYD-ORD are in line for the 789. Hope to see it happen!

smi0006

Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:48 pm

I'm confident this will work- data analysis is increasingly sophisticated, I read an article just yesterday how moving to cloud technologies had allowed QF to calculate the ability to fly SYD-DFW in 4hrs vs months previously. Thousands of variables were applied. I'm sure they have done the same with PER-LHR.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/qantas-fly ... ation-aws/

Milesdependent

Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:14 am

Anyone want to take a stab at how the schedule would look? Including how the aircraft will get back to SYD/MEL.

LionelHutz

Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:25 am

Gemuser wrote:
LionelHutz wrote:
This is my contention, it should not be an unachievable ask in terms of bums on seats (those EY & QR flights out of PER must already be taking quite a few pax heading to the UK).

Actually that's another point, some [many?] of those UK bound passengers are not bound for the South of England. One of the reasons the ME3 are so strong in the UK is that they fly non stop to the regions, a PER-LHR flight is not going to be attractive to those passengers.

Gemuser

True. We shall see...

qf789
Crew
Topic Author

Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:18 am

A bit more information on the PER-LHR flights

It is expected that QF CEO will formally announce the route today
It is tipped that the aircraft will fly a domestic sector originating/terminating in MEL, so will fly MEL-PER-LHR-PER-LHR
The gate used at T3/T4 will be converted in a swing gate so it can be used by domestic flights when not in use for international flights

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-to-fly-b ... early-2018
Forum Moderator

9w748capt

Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:28 am

globalcabotage wrote:

Extremely unlikely unless the Trump administration approves the JV. AA/QF would have to reapply for that though.

waoz1

Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:35 am

I have been sitting back and watching the back and forth and the debate
But I think one thing about how successful Perth to London would be has been missed.

I have seen some on the east coast bagging Perth as a option to stop. However you have to think about it in reverse, how tempting do you think tourist from the UK in particular given the option to fly to Australia direct with no stop in the middle east ... id say pretty tempting. Especially if they offer a stop in Perth on to the east coast it would be huge in tourism for the West. Qantas isnt going to do a service that doesnt add up, would be a waste of time and money.

Heres hoping we get a bit more clarity today on what they are going to offer.

Gemuser

Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:02 am

9w748capt wrote:
globalcabotage wrote:

Extremely unlikely unless the Trump administration approves the JV. AA/QF would have to reapply for that though.

Actually IMHO MEL-DFW is quite likely even without the JV, in fact I would have thought it be more likely than PER-LHR [although I might be about to be proved wrong there!]

Gemuser

9w748capt

Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:04 am

Gemuser wrote:
9w748capt wrote:
globalcabotage wrote:

Actually IMHO MEL-DFW is quite likely even without the JV, in fact I would have thought it be more likely than PER-LHR [although I might be about to be proved wrong there!]

Gemuser

You might be right. What'll be interesting to see is if AA maintains their own SYD service. I believe LAX-MEL was also on their radar if the JV had been approved.

redroo

Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:14 am

People like to bag Perth...

angusjt

Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:16 am

I reckon the majority of the pax on the route will be West Aussies, either living in Perth or connecting from interstate, I don't think many people living on the east coast will go through Perth unless it's the cheapest option (which it won't be)

qf789
Crew
Topic Author

Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:45 am

From Perth Airport

Perth Airport and Qantas have reached agreement on the use of Terminal 3 (T3) to facilitate the operation of the non-stop iconic service from Perth to London, on the airline’s new state-of-the-art Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft.

The State government will contribute $14 million towards the infrastructure cost

Qantas has also made an I principle agreement to move all operations to the new terminal on other side of T1 by 31 December 2025

http://www.perthairport.com.au/Home/cor ... -agreement
Forum Moderator

waoz1

Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:48 am

Yes!
Gotta give perth airport some points for not letting this one go

qantas747

Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:53 am

Any word on if JQ and 3K flights would operate out of the consolidated precint? With only one swing gate woud that be enough to facilitate existing SIN and DPS services?

If that was to happen it woukd open up some more capacity over at T1 for other new entrants (ie batik air, maybe a japanese carrier)

redroo

Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:58 am

Yeah! Bring it on!

afterburner

Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:58 am

mariner wrote:
As importantly, there are many Australians who would prefer an alternative to DXB, no matter how well it works for Qantas. Australia's Jewish community has ;long publicly expressed concern about DXB and I imagine a fair few of them will be pleased to fly to London on the national carrier without transiting through a Muslim country. And there are plenty of Australians (not Jewish) who would prefer that as well.

Qantas is - at last - giving its powerful base an alternative routing to the UK.

mariner

Alternative to DXB? SQ via SIN, TG via BKK, or CX via HKG.

qf789
Crew
Topic Author

Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:11 am

As a result of PER-LHR being launched, MEL-DXB-LHR could be axed

Qantas could axe its daily Melbourne-London flights from early 2018, with the long-running route cancelled in favour of a new non-stop Boeing 787 service between Perth and London.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-to-axe-m ... 80-flights
Forum Moderator

angusjt

Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:17 am

qf789 wrote:

Qantas could axe its daily Melbourne-London flights from early 2018, with the long-running route cancelled in favour of a new non-stop Boeing 787 service between Perth and London.

Probably more likely than not, although they will probably make it a terminator service at Dubai and make passengers connect on QF1, or they could route it to FRA rather than LHR

tayser

Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:19 am

qf789 wrote:

2-3 380s that run MEL-DXB-LHR could possibly shifted to start a daily MEL-DFW and 3x weekly MEL-JNB, no? (not enough aircraft (or range in the case of Dallas))?

KruegerFlaps

Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:21 am

Andy33 wrote:
Does anyone know where the LHR slot for this flight would come from?
qf789 wrote:
QF have 2 slot pairs which are currently leased to BA

It has also been suggested that Qantas are planning to discontinue the A380 MEL-LHR service. If true, that would free up a slot for the 787 service.

A Qantas source, speaking with Australian Business Traveller on condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the matter, said Qantas’ plans to pull out of the Melbourne-Dubai-London route were driven by concerns that the debut of the non-stop Boeing 787 service between Perth and London would over-saturate the Kangaroo Route with more seats than passengers.

So good news for Perth might be not so good news for Melbourne.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt Speech, 1783

qf789
Crew
Topic Author

Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:29 am

tayser wrote:
qf789 wrote:

2-3 380s that run MEL-DXB-LHR could possibly shifted to start a daily MEL-DFW and 3x weekly MEL-JNB, no? (not enough aircraft (or range in the case of Dallas))?

If QF do drop QF9/10 to LHR I would expect that the A388's would first be used for SYD-LAX, currently its run 6 weekly by the A380, Tuesdays are with the 744, then other flights to be upgraded. I would say it would be SYD-HKG, MEL-HKG or SYD-SFO
Forum Moderator

log0008

Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:00 am

tayser wrote:
qf789 wrote:

After seat blocking MEL-DFW would be almost the same capacity as a 787.

wj888

Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:04 am

coolian2

Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:04 am

Confirmed via Qantas Facebook
Q300/ATR72-600/737-200/-300/-400/-700/-800/A320/767-200/-300/757-200/777-300ER/
747-200/-300/-400/ER/A340-300/A380-800/MD-83/CRJ-700/-900

Planesmart

Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:15 am

waoz1 wrote:
However you have to think about it in reverse, how tempting do you think tourist from the UK in particular given the option to fly to Australia direct with no stop in the middle east ... id say pretty tempting.

Lets wait for the pricing. Given the price sensitivity of outbound UK holiday makers, and the premium likely to apply, I doubt tourists are the target. But maybe QF is feeling benevolent.

mariner

Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:24 am

afterburner wrote:

I'm confused. They may be an alternative to DXB, but they're not Qantas.

With this new route, Qantas is now providing an alternative route to LHR - on Qantas, all the way.

mariner
aeternum nauta

jrfspa320

Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:26 am

Would have to be a late night departure as I could see the summer temperatures being an issue for day time flights?
Also winter storms may be an issue with the nearest widebody divert being LEA which is an hour and a half from Perth and then would only be a refuel and onto ADL.

qf789
Crew
Topic Author

Re: Qantas announces non-stop PER-LHR flights

Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:28 am

The following article includes video clip of route being announced, AJ says flight will take about 17 hours

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western ... e1969b2647
Forum Moderator

qf789
Crew
Topic Author

Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:34 am

Qantas Press Release

http://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media- ... to-london/

Flights to start in March 2018
QF's flights to AKL & SIN will also operate from T3/T4
Airfare's will go on sale in April 2017
Forum Moderator

smi0006

Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:05 am

qf789 wrote:
Qantas Press Release

http://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media- ... to-london/

Flights to start in March 2018
QF's flights to AKL & SIN will also operate from T3/T4
Airfare's will go on sale in April 2017

Makes sense to me!! Well done by all! Interesting Qantas list this as world third longest flight. And their modelling showes some connections from the east coast and Adelaide.

Makes sense for Perth airport they now can unlock more international capacity in T1 in peak, when they were struggling. With QF agreeing to move in 2025 pushes back their investment timeline a couple of years.

Hope we see a MEL-DFW; MEL-PER-LHR-PER-MEL-DFW-MEL

smi0006

Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:10 am

qf789 wrote:

The article states that Qantas flight will be replaced by EK - isn't EK maxed out for flights? I can't see this occurring.

qf789
Crew
Topic Author

Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:17 am

smi0006 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

The article states that Qantas flight will be replaced by EK - isn't EK maxed out for flights? I can't see this occurring.

No EK isn't maxed out for flights, the UAE-Aus bilateral was for 137 per week but was increased to 151 per week (from 1 Oct 16) between the 4 main gateways being SYD, MEL, BNE and PER
Forum Moderator

jupiter2

Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:22 am

Good to see QF being innovative and trying something new, Will be interesting to see what happens to the existing MEL/DXB/LHR service, whether it's maintained, down sized to a 789, or a terminator to DXB with either a 380 or 789. I can see a 789 operating to DXB and maintaining the connections offered on EK, who I assume would have been kept informed of this development.

If MEL/DFW is started in the future, it will be a 789, no way would they put a 380 on that. Any freed up 380 availability would go on SYD/LAX or SYD/HKG.

smi0006

Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:25 am

qf789 wrote:
smi0006 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

No EK isn't maxed out for flights, the UAE-Aus bilateral was for 137 per week but was increased to 151 per week (from 1 Oct 16) between the 4 main gateways being SYD, MEL, BNE and PER

Ah okay interesting, but if metal neutral why bother? Same connections ex-DXB? Although could allow for SYD-LAX 2 daily 380s? Still only an unofficial rumour.

I wonder if we could see QF increasing AKL to a regular service to connect to LHR? Transit in PER would be easier than LAX for NZ pax.

c933103

Re:

Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:42 am

ahj2000 wrote:
Remember they really only need 230 pax to fill these flights. They aren't sending an A380 over. I'm sure it'll be a "niche" flight but capturing 180 of those Y pax shouldn't be that difficult considering how large the Kangaroo is.

They said premium heavy, so there will likely be less than 180Y on it. If they do it like SQ's A340 flights to US, then they could put 0 Y seat onto the plane.

Edit: Just read the oress release and seems like it won't be as prenium heavy as i expected

LionelHutz

Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:05 am

tayser wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Don't see how it can free up 3 x A388?
SYD-DXB-LHR-DXB-MEL and the return is operated with 5 aircraft isn't it? Flight times are approximately 40+ hours all up, not counting time on the ground, making SYD-DXB-LHR impossible to operate with 2 aircraft. The tight timings required since it went from being operated with 6 aircraft to 5 (while freeing up an aircraft for SYD-DFW) has caused issues.

I see 2 x A388 being freed up, we need to remember there are 744's getting close to retirement. Those A388's will more likely replace the routes they operate, not open new routes.

qf789 wrote:
tayser wrote:
qf789 wrote:

If QF do drop QF9/10 to LHR I would expect that the A388's would first be used for SYD-LAX, currently its run 6 weekly by the A380, Tuesdays are with the 744, then other flights to be upgraded. I would say it would be SYD-HKG, MEL-HKG or SYD-SFO

SYD-LAX would be a good candidate to go solely A388, one aircraft would be most likely used IMO on QF127/128 SYD-HKG which I believe generally operates quite full.
It is actually being operated today by an A388 instead of the usual 744.
I don't know if they could quite fill an A388 on MEL-HKG or SYD-SFO, I think Y on SYD-SFO runs a bit light and would be better suited to a 789.

vhqpa

Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:20 am

I was just playing around with gcmap and interestingly from MEL transiting via PER rather than DXB adds a whopping thirty-four nautical miles to the trip! Yes I know that in reality no flight ever follows the GC route. But it's not that much further than the current QF offering of a DXB transit.

Also if the PER-LHR flight originates in MEL as the Ausbt article suggests I'm looking forward to see what other 787 routes get announced ex MEL. DFW? SFO? HKG? TYO? PVG? PEK?

gcmap url
"There you go ladies and gentleman we're through Mach 1 the speed of sound no bumps no bangs... CONCORDE"

vhtje

Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:22 am

afterburner wrote:
mariner wrote:

mariner

Mariner specifically referred to flying QF. He, of all posters, is well aware of the competition on the Kangaroo route.

mariner wrote:

Note: emphasis is mine.

Count me as of those. I have avoided QF since they moved the LHR flight to DXB, preferring BA, AY and CX instead. I will now look at QF again if it means I can avoid the dreaded DXB.

b747400erf

Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:40 am

What would the best routings look like? I think like El Al avoiding the Middle East and flying over the Red Sea then the Med.

QANTAS747-438

Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:52 am

The Qantas media article states that this will be the third longest flight in the world at 14,498km (9,009mi). But I show AKL-DXB at 14,203, SYD-DFW at 13,804, ATL-JNB at 13,596, etc. Won't this be the longest flight in the world when it starts?
My posts/replies are strictly my opinion and not that of any company, organization, or Southwest Airlines.

qf789
Crew
Topic Author

Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:04 am

QANTAS747-438 wrote:
The Qantas media article states that this will be the third longest flight in the world at 14,498km (9,009mi). But I show AKL-DXB at 14,203, SYD-DFW at 13,804, ATL-JNB at 13,596, etc. Won't this be the longest flight in the world when it starts?

That's correct, by the time this service commences it will be the third longest. AI DEL-SFO (pacific routing) and QR DOH-AKL will be longer

Here's a list of the longest routes as of now and possible future routes

Current longest nonstop passenger flights by distance (nautical miles)

1. Delhi-San Francisco (8,159nm*) operated by Air India with Boeing 777-200LR (*Pacific Ocean routing eastwards from Delhi only)
2. Dubai-Auckland (7,668nm) – operated by Emirates with Boeing 777-200LR (Airbus A380 from October 30)
3. Sydney-Dallas/Fort Worth (7,454nm) – operated by Qantas with Airbus A380
4. San Francisco-Singapore (7,339nm) – operated by United with Boeing 787-9 and Singapore Airlines with Airbus A350-900
5. Atlanta-Johannesburg (7,333nm) – operated by Delta with Boeing 777-200LR
6. Abu Dhabi-Los Angeles (7,291nm) – operated by Etihad with Boeing 777-200LR
7. Dubai-Los Angeles (7,246nm) – operated by Emirates with Airbus A380
8. Jeddah-Los Angeles (7,240nm) – operated by Saudia with Boeing 777-300ER

Planned future routes

1. Singapore-New York (Newark*) (8,285nm)– to be operated by Singapore Airlines with Airbus A350-900ULR. From 2018. (*Airport choice not confirmed)
2. Doha-Auckland (7,848nm) – to be operated by Qatar Airways with Boeing 777-200LR. From February 5 2017.
3. Perth-London (Heathrow*) (7,829nm) – to be operated by Qantas with Boeing 787-9. From 2018. (*Airport choice not confirmed)
4. Singapore-Los Angeles (7,621nm) – to be operated by Singapore Airlines with Airbus A350-900ULR. From 2018

Speculated future routes

1. Sydney-New York (JFK) (8,646nm) – Qantas
2. Sydney-Chicago (ORD) (8,022nm) – Qantas
3. Melbourne-Dallas/Fort Worth (7,814nm) – Qantas
4. Doha-Santiago (7,791nm) – Qatar Airways

http://australianaviation.com.au/2016/1 ... arch-2018/
Forum Moderator

tayser

Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:20 am

vhqpa wrote:
I was just playing around with gcmap and interestingly from MEL transiting via PER rather than DXB adds a whopping thirty-four nautical miles to the trip! Yes I know that in reality no flight ever follows the GC route. But it's not that much further than the current QF offering of a DXB transit.

Also if the PER-LHR flight originates in MEL as the Ausbt article suggests I'm looking forward to see what other 787 routes get announced ex MEL. DFW? SFO? HKG? TYO? PVG? PEK?

gcmap url

Thinking about it a little more: if the plane were to originate in MEL (would apply to any east coast airport really) - if it were to depart from the domestic terminal, I'm thinking it'd be a better experience to get off in Perth and do the passport control there.

There'd only ever be max ~220 people needing to go through this one international gate in Perth's QF domestic terminal: i.e you don't have to join the masses in the international terminal in MEL(or SYD/BNE/ADL if the plane were to originate over here). It's quite normal to check bags in a domestic terminal for an onward international flight, it'd just be a passport control thing outbound in Perth.

Likewise, on the reverse trip, you get off at Perth, do passport control and customs/luggage re-check (again maximum 220 people at any one time at this one gate) then just hop back on as a domestic flight and arrive at the domestic terminal once more - no 'joining the herds' at east coast international terminals.

Although technically possible to do domestic sector between international terminals East Coast / Perth, there'd be less fuss this way, ensuring that wherever the flight originates is full with domestic passengers between the east coast & Perth. That is of course, if the plane does originate over here first.

Anyhow, $0.02.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos