tomaheath
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:58 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:50 am

Thanks for the info! I'm heading to PHX in November hoping to check this out. That 2015 article is the one that I was reading.
 
allegiantflyer
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:41 pm

Hope everyone had a great summer! Although we will be see summer temps well into October.

I was wanting to discuss growth at PHX for the smaller guys(i.e not WN & AA). Currently I expect much of the growth in this category to come from F9. However DL has a sizable operation here, they are the largest smaller guy. And I could see them expanding possibly to BOS and going mainline to SEA, any thoughts on this?

I do not expect growth from UA considering they aren't the p2p type, and they already serve all hubs.

If B6 wanted to expand out west, do you think they could bode well with a bigger PHX operation? I know we have discussed previously that PHX is built to be a focus city for a companies the size of B6 and AS. I could also see them expand in SLC, which I think would actually work better.

In the mean time the sleeping monster that hasn't awoke for the small guys at PHX(in terms of expansion) is AS service to cali, the 175's are built for this.
 
chrisair
Posts: 1900
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2000 11:32 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:59 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
Right, but Silverbell is just an adjacent facility, so that shouldn't play a factor unless you really overshoot MZJ. It's way past where you'd drive in for the airport from what I recall, and they've got their own perimeter fence separate from the airfield as well as a large guard shack that's pretty clearly labeled.


Actually, it's on the same road into the airport. It's just north of the flight line. You do really have to overshoot the airport part of MZJ though to end up there.

The thing I'd love to see is that three runway helicopter training facility over by the CAP canal.

allegiantflyer wrote:
In the mean time the sleeping monster that hasn't awoke for the small guys at PHX(in terms of expansion) is AS service to cali, the 175's are built for this.


I saw something buried in that Alaska/SF Giants announcement that said they'd be starting 2x daily "seasonal" SFO-PHX flights, most likely during spring training. How kind of them.

I honestly doubt you'll see any meaningful Alaska expansion down here until they figure out their pilot situation at QX. Why add SFO flights when they only have one Portland flight most of the year? They've been stagnant or even cutting flights down here ever since I moved to Arizona in 2002. Never thought I'd say this, but flying Tucson-Portland is easier on AS than PHX-PDX.
 
User avatar
1337Delta764
Posts: 5246
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:02 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:11 pm

allegiantflyer wrote:

I do not expect growth from UA considering they aren't the p2p type, and they already serve all hubs.


.


It was reported in July that AZA is in talks with UA Express with potentially starting flights to DEN. I wonder if talks are still ongoing.
Yes, I wear Fairy Tale Pink IZOD shirts. I am a real man.
 
allegiantflyer
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:39 pm

 
User avatar
treebeard787
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:03 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:03 am

allegiantflyer wrote:


I believe that is the charter flight for the Dallas Cowboys, they are playing the Cardinals tomorrow night.
Allons-y!
 
Spotter787
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:31 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:21 pm

Was anyone here at the meeting Robert Isom spoke at today? Did he say anything new or just confirm what we've already heard?

This is the link to an article but you need a subscription to read it.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/new ... -wide.html
 
910A
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:11 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:39 pm

In another thread, about Hawaiian, it stated the 767-300's will be completely out of the fleet by the end of next year. It will be interesting to see if its the 332 or the 321 that will replace the 767. My guess is the 332.
 
alasizon
Posts: 1087
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:16 pm

910A wrote:
In another thread, about Hawaiian, it stated the 767-300's will be completely out of the fleet by the end of next year. It will be interesting to see if its the 332 or the 321 that will replace the 767. My guess is the 332.


Can't imagine it won't be the 332. The 321 would be a capacity reduction without adding another flight and its pushing the performance envelope.
Manager on Duty & Tower Planner
 
910A
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:11 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:30 pm

alasizon wrote:
910A wrote:
In another thread, about Hawaiian, it stated the 767-300's will be completely out of the fleet by the end of next year. It will be interesting to see if its the 332 or the 321 that will replace the 767. My guess is the 332.


Can't imagine it won't be the 332. The 321 would be a capacity reduction without adding another flight and its pushing the performance envelope.


I was thinking along the same lines..now the question would be, is AA going to stick with their two 757 flights, or find something more competitive in product? Guess we will know in the next year or so.
 
User avatar
treebeard787
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:03 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:35 pm

910A wrote:
alasizon wrote:
910A wrote:
In another thread, about Hawaiian, it stated the 767-300's will be completely out of the fleet by the end of next year. It will be interesting to see if its the 332 or the 321 that will replace the 767. My guess is the 332.


Can't imagine it won't be the 332. The 321 would be a capacity reduction without adding another flight and its pushing the performance envelope.


I was thinking along the same lines..now the question would be, is AA going to stick with their two 757 flights, or find something more competitive in product? Guess we will know in the next year or so.


If I recall correctly, AA is planning on using the A330-300 on the PHX-HNL route, can't recall the starting date off hand now.
Allons-y!
 
wn676
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:33 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:45 pm

treebeard787 wrote:
910A wrote:
alasizon wrote:

Can't imagine it won't be the 332. The 321 would be a capacity reduction without adding another flight and its pushing the performance envelope.


I was thinking along the same lines..now the question would be, is AA going to stick with their two 757 flights, or find something more competitive in product? Guess we will know in the next year or so.


If I recall correctly, AA is planning on using the A330-300 on the PHX-HNL route, can't recall the starting date off hand now.


December 15th. It’s currently loaded to end on April 1st.
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.
 
alasizon
Posts: 1087
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:33 pm

wn676 wrote:
treebeard787 wrote:
910A wrote:

I was thinking along the same lines..now the question would be, is AA going to stick with their two 757 flights, or find something more competitive in product? Guess we will know in the next year or so.


If I recall correctly, AA is planning on using the A330-300 on the PHX-HNL route, can't recall the starting date off hand now.


December 15th. It’s currently loaded to end on April 1st.


I can't imagine they won't keep the WB on the schedule past that. My guess is that its just about finding WB capacity. AA's 333 plus the 3rd flight on the 757 would still leave enough room for HA with their 332.
Manager on Duty & Tower Planner
 
cm642
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:16 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:57 pm

Spotter787 wrote:
Was anyone here at the meeting Robert Isom spoke at today? Did he say anything new or just confirm what we've already heard?

This is the link to an article but you need a subscription to read it.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/new ... -wide.html



Are you able to post the article or summarize it, or do you not have a subscription? Yahoo's brief little description said this "will help bring more international flights to Sky Harbor, Isom told Phoenix City..."
 
wn676
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:33 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:34 pm

alasizon wrote:
wn676 wrote:
treebeard787 wrote:

If I recall correctly, AA is planning on using the A330-300 on the PHX-HNL route, can't recall the starting date off hand now.


December 15th. It’s currently loaded to end on April 1st.


I can't imagine they won't keep the WB on the schedule past that. My guess is that its just about finding WB capacity. AA's 333 plus the 3rd flight on the 757 would still leave enough room for HA with their 332.


It would make sense that it ends after the big spring break rush and right before the first round of seasonal TATL routes launches. But if AA was already factoring in the withdrawal of the A333s when they built the initial Summer ‘18 schedule, there could be considerable slack in the fleet.
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.
 
cm642
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:16 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:51 am

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2017/10/04/robot-pilots-privatized-air-traffic-control-wide.html

I'm just wondering as to what type of international routes Isom could be talking about and if he indeed is serious about this or is just blowing air, they've done it to us before.
 
allegiantflyer
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:58 am

What are the chances of B6 starting PHX-FLL?
 
Spotter787
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:31 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:18 am

cm642 wrote:
Spotter787 wrote:
Was anyone here at the meeting Robert Isom spoke at today? Did he say anything new or just confirm what we've already heard?

This is the link to an article but you need a subscription to read it.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/new ... -wide.html



Are you able to post the article or summarize it, or do you not have a subscription? Yahoo's brief little description said this "will help bring more international flights to Sky Harbor, Isom told Phoenix City..."



I don't have a subscription so I was wondering if anyone on the board had attended the meeting and could post the details for the rest of us. If I come across more info I will post it here.
 
cm642
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:16 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:25 pm

Spotter787 wrote:
cm642 wrote:
Spotter787 wrote:
Was anyone here at the meeting Robert Isom spoke at today? Did he say anything new or just confirm what we've already heard?

This is the link to an article but you need a subscription to read it.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/new ... -wide.html



Are you able to post the article or summarize it, or do you not have a subscription? Yahoo's brief little description said this "will help bring more international flights to Sky Harbor, Isom told Phoenix City..."



I don't have a subscription so I was wondering if anyone on the board had attended the meeting and could post the details for the rest of us. If I come across more info I will post it here.


Hopefully someone on here has some info, seems very interesting at least.
 
cathay747
Posts: 667
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:47 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:05 pm

alasizon wrote:
910A wrote:
In another thread, about Hawaiian, it stated the 767-300's will be completely out of the fleet by the end of next year. It will be interesting to see if its the 332 or the 321 that will replace the 767. My guess is the 332.


Can't imagine it won't be the 332. The 321 would be a capacity reduction without adding another flight and its pushing the performance envelope.


My thinking too...fingers crossed we get 332 love here. I posted in that other thread saying that IF they downgauged us to the 321 I would imagine they'd add a 2nd frequency, which in itself would be nice, but...would MUCH rather have that 332...and the lie-flat product up front to get more bang-for-the-buck in terms of experience given HA's higher mileage redemption rate for a F-class "saver" aware compared to AA's. I'm thinking that given the announced timings of deliveries (321s) and retirements (763s), and HA's announced intentions for the 321, our chances of getting the 332 is looking pretty good/logical. And yeah...the performance of the 321 here for westbound to HNL does seem a stretch given what I've read about the type.
Try a Little VC-10derness
 
cathay747
Posts: 667
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:47 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:11 pm

AA retired two 757's to GYR on Friday...I know because I caught one totally by chance flying right over our house in Avondale (very low, seemed maybe about 1500ft.) on approach to GYR...after a VERY long ferry from...PHX! Looked it up on Flight Aware and found that besides the one I caught (at around 1145) there was another one 2 hours earlier, also ferried from Sky Harbor. They both came in the evening before, one from CLT & one from PHL. Was very nice seeing it...now hope some widebody will do the same over our house someday! Somebody's A320 came by on Thurs. but don't know who's, and was further away...didn't buzz us like the AA 757 LOL!
Try a Little VC-10derness
 
4holer
Posts: 2749
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2002 1:47 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:05 pm

Saw a United 789 flying in yesterday evening. FR24 told me it was in from LAX. I'm guessing it was the Dodgers charter? I was not aware they were using a new Dreamliner as a sports charter.
Unless my assumption is incorrect?
Ghosts appear and fade away.....................
 
User avatar
treebeard787
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:03 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:10 pm

4holer wrote:
Saw a United 789 flying in yesterday evening. FR24 told me it was in from LAX. I'm guessing it was the Dodgers charter? I was not aware they were using a new Dreamliner as a sports charter.
Unless my assumption is incorrect?


That was the likely the Dodgers. In addition to the 787, an AA 763, and DL 752 also flew in from LAX yesterday. AA was likely the DBacks charter.
Allons-y!
 
910A
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:11 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:21 am

treebeard787 wrote:
4holer wrote:
Saw a United 789 flying in yesterday evening. FR24 told me it was in from LAX. I'm guessing it was the Dodgers charter? I was not aware they were using a new Dreamliner as a sports charter.
Unless my assumption is incorrect?


That was the likely the Dodgers. In addition to the 787, an AA 763, and DL 752 also flew in from LAX yesterday. AA was likely the DBacks charter.


Bingo, we have a winner, the 787 was the Dodgers, and the 763 was the D-Backs (there was a photo of it departing LAX on Facebook) and the 757 was the NBA charter for Lakers. The Cardinals took Atlas 747 to PHL and came back on a 767.

The use of the Dreamliner (N26966) for the Dodgers made sense as it was scheduled to sit around LAX all day after arriving from SYD. Short roundtrip to PHX and back in time to fly R/T to LAX/DEN before going back to MEL.
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Posts: 2129
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:40 am

IIRC, the 787 is the most abundant widebody type UA operates at LAX, and with several having downtime between flights, it only makes sense they'd use this aircraft for a short hop over to PHX. Most 763 and all 764s are on the east coast, so ferrying one transcon for a 55 minute charter would be crazy. The 787 arguably shows off their best and newest in the fleet anyway (77W besides, but that would be massive overkill for a baseball team).
 
KRIC777
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2002 6:25 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:46 am

alasizon wrote:
910A wrote:
In another thread, about Hawaiian, it stated the 767-300's will be completely out of the fleet by the end of next year. It will be interesting to see if its the 332 or the 321 that will replace the 767. My guess is the 332.


Can't imagine it won't be the 332. The 321 would be a capacity reduction without adding another flight and its pushing the performance envelope.


I don't know how Hawaiian does on the PHX-HNL route, but I have had to travel to HNL for work twice this year, and wanted to fly Hawaiian. Both times, the Sunday flights on the 767s have had very few seats left, even two months in advance. So it does seem like the 330 would be a better replacement than the 321.
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Posts: 2129
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:17 pm

I'm not even sure if the A321neo has the legs for HNL-PHX. I thought something was posted here that seemed to indicate AA was hoping to run the A321neo, but had doubts about its ability to make the trip without penalties. I'm sure Hawaiian will replace it with the A332, as they've never had a problem filling the 763.
 
wn676
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:33 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:22 am

atcsundevil wrote:
I'm not even sure if the A321neo has the legs for HNL-PHX. I thought something was posted here that seemed to indicate AA was hoping to run the A321neo, but had doubts about its ability to make the trip without penalties. I'm sure Hawaiian will replace it with the A332, as they've never had a problem filling the 763.


Network at AA is actually pretty confident about the NEO’s abilities, and they would obviously have better data at their disposal to be making that call. But I think some of the skeptism remains here with a few of us here who have experience with the CEOs. I’ll be eagerly awaiting their service introduction to see how they really perform in that role.

I think it’s a toss up on what HA will ultimately settle on for a 767 replacement in PHX. If they do go with the NEO I would expect them to add a second flight, though I’m not sure what value could be gained in expanding their schedule offering by adding a later departure since they are primarily focused on PHX-originating passengers; their schedule right now works great (in my experience) for that traffic. But as AA’s traffic mix start to balance out between local and connecting, I wonder if HA has seen any effect in their bookings and/or revenue. Luckily for HA, adding a second flight and possibly matching AA’s mid-morning schedule to HNL does not require a long sit in on the island side.

Then again, there could be a lot of potential for them to start a flight to someplace like OGG, which would be really interesting. Does anyone have an idea of how much of HA’s PHX-originating pax end up doing an inter-island transfer in HNL?

Either way, it will be great to see competing widebody service in that market in a couple of months. Hopefully whatever AA is looking for with this “test” as they’ve termed it will work out in PHX’s favor.
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.
 
cathay747
Posts: 667
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:47 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:03 pm

wn676 wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:
I'm not even sure if the A321neo has the legs for HNL-PHX. I thought something was posted here that seemed to indicate AA was hoping to run the A321neo, but had doubts about its ability to make the trip without penalties. I'm sure Hawaiian will replace it with the A332, as they've never had a problem filling the 763.


Network at AA is actually pretty confident about the NEO’s abilities, and they would obviously have better data at their disposal to be making that call. But I think some of the skeptism remains here with a few of us here who have experience with the CEOs. I’ll be eagerly awaiting their service introduction to see how they really perform in that role.

I think it’s a toss up on what HA will ultimately settle on for a 767 replacement in PHX. If they do go with the NEO I would expect them to add a second flight, though I’m not sure what value could be gained in expanding their schedule offering by adding a later departure since they are primarily focused on PHX-originating passengers; their schedule right now works great (in my experience) for that traffic. But as AA’s traffic mix start to balance out between local and connecting, I wonder if HA has seen any effect in their bookings and/or revenue. Luckily for HA, adding a second flight and possibly matching AA’s mid-morning schedule to HNL does not require a long sit in on the island side.

Then again, there could be a lot of potential for them to start a flight to someplace like OGG, which would be really interesting. Does anyone have an idea of how much of HA’s PHX-originating pax end up doing an inter-island transfer in HNL?

Either way, it will be great to see competing widebody service in that market in a couple of months. Hopefully whatever AA is looking for with this “test” as they’ve termed it will work out in PHX’s favor.


I've wondered myself how much of HA's traffic connex @ HNL to outer islands. Wouldn't it be something IF they did replace the 763 with the 332 AND ALSO launched a OGG nonstop with the 321 at some point? (again, presuming the 321neo will have the legs for it)
Try a Little VC-10derness
 
alasizon
Posts: 1087
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:49 am

cathay747 wrote:

I've wondered myself how much of HA's traffic connex @ HNL to outer islands. Wouldn't it be something IF they did replace the 763 with the 332 AND ALSO launched a OGG nonstop with the 321 at some point? (again, presuming the 321neo will have the legs for it)


I'm really not sure what the approach would be on OGG with the NEO. Without another gate, it gets complicated timing wise.
Manager on Duty & Tower Planner
 
910A
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:11 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:30 am

Does anyone know when the Cardinals will be leaving to LHR after this Sunday's game. I'm guessing a VS 346 will probably provide the transportation.
 
cathay747
Posts: 667
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:47 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:11 pm

alasizon wrote:
cathay747 wrote:

I've wondered myself how much of HA's traffic connex @ HNL to outer islands. Wouldn't it be something IF they did replace the 763 with the 332 AND ALSO launched a OGG nonstop with the 321 at some point? (again, presuming the 321neo will have the legs for it)


I'm really not sure what the approach would be on OGG with the NEO. Without another gate, it gets complicated timing wise.


I seem to remember that there were one or two vacant gates when I was waiting to board HA035 to HNL...adjacent in fact if memory serves.
Try a Little VC-10derness
 
User avatar
treebeard787
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:03 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:10 pm

cathay747 wrote:
alasizon wrote:
cathay747 wrote:

I've wondered myself how much of HA's traffic connex @ HNL to outer islands. Wouldn't it be something IF they did replace the 763 with the 332 AND ALSO launched a OGG nonstop with the 321 at some point? (again, presuming the 321neo will have the legs for it)


I'm really not sure what the approach would be on OGG with the NEO. Without another gate, it gets complicated timing wise.


I seem to remember that there were one or two vacant gates when I was waiting to board HA035 to HNL...adjacent in fact if memory serves.


Gates 25 and 26, used by F9, and B6, but they aren't used that heavily. B6 only has two red-eyes a day out of 26.
Allons-y!
 
alasizon
Posts: 1087
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:04 am

treebeard787 wrote:
cathay747 wrote:
alasizon wrote:

I'm really not sure what the approach would be on OGG with the NEO. Without another gate, it gets complicated timing wise.


I seem to remember that there were one or two vacant gates when I was waiting to board HA035 to HNL...adjacent in fact if memory serves.


Gates 25 and 26, used by F9, and B6, but they aren't used that heavily. B6 only has two red-eyes a day out of 26.


I don't think the departure to OGG would be the issue, rather its the arrival. B6 would be at 26 and F9 has 2 RONs almost every night (sometimes 3), plus DLs usual RONs and any overflow. Plus there is a rumor that SY doesn't have a gate in the new T3S allocated to them so its possible they would want to get in on 25/26 as well which could make it hard to use an early arrival from OGG that could have towed off prior to F9's RON at 25.
Manager on Duty & Tower Planner
 
allegiantflyer
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:27 am

With the opening of the Compass crew base, does this potentially mean Delta has some plans for PHX? maybe not "big" plans but an addition of just 5 daily flights and an additional destination I would consider interesting news.

I see potentially PHX-BOS/RDU
 
hz747300
Posts: 2085
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:38 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:16 am

910A wrote:
Does anyone know when the Cardinals will be leaving to LHR after this Sunday's game. I'm guessing a VS 346 will probably provide the transportation.


Listening to the radio after the game, it seems they are leaving Monday at 3pm.

Anyone know who's providing the transport? Atlas 747 again?
Keep on truckin'...
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Posts: 2129
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:31 am

allegiantflyer wrote:
With the opening of the Compass crew base, does this potentially mean Delta has some plans for PHX? maybe not "big" plans but an addition of just 5 daily flights and an additional destination I would consider interesting news.

I see potentially PHX-BOS/RDU

From what I'm told, this wasn't their purpose for moving the crew base to PHX. They were going to close MSP either way, because they've shifted all of their ops west. They already had a large number of commuters from PHX, so that helped make their decision. Potential expansion by DL had crossed my mind when they initially made the announcement, but at least for now it seems that wasn't the intent.
 
cathay747
Posts: 667
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:47 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:47 pm

alasizon wrote:
treebeard787 wrote:
cathay747 wrote:

I seem to remember that there were one or two vacant gates when I was waiting to board HA035 to HNL...adjacent in fact if memory serves.


Gates 25 and 26, used by F9, and B6, but they aren't used that heavily. B6 only has two red-eyes a day out of 26.


I don't think the departure to OGG would be the issue, rather its the arrival. B6 would be at 26 and F9 has 2 RONs almost every night (sometimes 3), plus DLs usual RONs and any overflow. Plus there is a rumor that SY doesn't have a gate in the new T3S allocated to them so its possible they would want to get in on 25/26 as well which could make it hard to use an early arrival from OGG that could have towed off prior to F9's RON at 25.


Hmmmm...then it sounds as if even if they did OGG as a traditional red-eye getting in here at 0-dark-30, that would even be a problem.
Try a Little VC-10derness
 
910A
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:11 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:52 pm

hz747300 wrote:
910A wrote:
Does anyone know when the Cardinals will be leaving to LHR after this Sunday's game. I'm guessing a VS 346 will probably provide the transportation.


Listening to the radio after the game, it seems they are leaving Monday at 3pm.

Anyone know who's providing the transport? Atlas 747 again?


It's a Virgin 346...Due to arrive in PHX at 1:38pm as VS944.
 
hz747300
Posts: 2085
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:38 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:03 pm

910A wrote:
hz747300 wrote:
910A wrote:
Does anyone know when the Cardinals will be leaving to LHR after this Sunday's game. I'm guessing a VS 346 will probably provide the transportation.


Listening to the radio after the game, it seems they are leaving Monday at 3pm.

Anyone know who's providing the transport? Atlas 747 again?


It's a Virgin 346...Due to arrive in PHX at 1:38pm as VS944.


I'm not in PHX, if anyone can snag some photos it would be delightful. Thank you!
Keep on truckin'...
 
travaz
Posts: 446
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 1:03 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:58 pm

Virgin A-340 arrived at 1:52. Scheduled out at 5:05 Local time.
 
User avatar
kearnet
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2001 11:56 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:35 am

So driving through the airport I've noticed they've started tearing up the grass and cutting trees on the west side.

I assume this is for the GTC and/or Sky Train Extension. However, from reading the docs that were posted a few months ago, I didn't think any actual work was going to begin until 2018 at the earliest.

I'm curious if anyone knows if this is indeed the start of one of those projects, a different project, or simply using time to prep and get ready?
DC-9-30 US|MD-80 US/AA|737-200 US|737-300 US/WN|737-400 US|737-700 WN|737-800 FJ/QF|F-100 US|F-28 US|Dash-8 200 US| CRJ-200 US|757-200 US/AA|767-200 DL|777-300ER EK|A319-100 US|A320-200 B6|A330-200 FJ|A380-800 EK|ATR-72 AA|B-1900D US
 
wn676
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:33 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:44 am

kearnet wrote:
So driving through the airport I've noticed they've started tearing up the grass and cutting trees on the west side.

I assume this is for the GTC and/or Sky Train Extension. However, from reading the docs that were posted a few months ago, I didn't think any actual work was going to begin until 2018 at the earliest.

I'm curious if anyone knows if this is indeed the start of one of those projects, a different project, or simply using time to prep and get ready?


This is actually part of a landscaping project unrelated to the Sky Train or the West GTC.
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.
 
skyharborshome
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:19 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:37 pm

Looks like Delta pushed the A333 to December 21. Just booked it for Christmas travel. Excited to have another widebody in PHX.
Fly CHD!
 
skyharborshome
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:19 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:36 pm

When do they plan to start/finish the Sky Train to RCC?
Fly CHD!
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Posts: 2129
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:59 pm

skyharborshome wrote:
When do they plan to start/finish the Sky Train to RCC?

The original completion date for Phase II from T3/T2 to the CONRAC was 2020. If they haven't started yet (I don't live there anymore, so I don't know), then it certainly won't be completed by then. Considering the scale of ongoing projects right now — the T3 renovation and the construction of the S1 pier in T4 — they've got their hands full. They may not be able to take on another construction project until T3 is closer to completion.
 
MO11
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:07 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:56 pm

skyharborshome wrote:
When do they plan to start/finish the Sky Train to RCC?


Start next year. Open 2Q2022.
 
alasizon
Posts: 1087
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:03 am

Officially open for sale, AA is adding an early morning PHX-PDX flight on a Mesa CR9 effective 15FEB.
Manager on Duty & Tower Planner
 
wn676
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:33 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:32 am

alasizon wrote:
Officially open for sale, AA is adding an early morning PHX-PDX flight on a Mesa CR9 effective 15FEB.


Glad they decided to bring back that departure, albeit on a CR9.
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.
 
wn676
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:33 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread 2017

Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:51 am

It’s good to see AA filling out the west coast schedule again. OAK is back to 4x in February, and it appears that the SFO and SEA baseline schedules will be back up to 5x sometime before then. BOI is up to 4x daily on some days with 3 regional and 1 mainline.

Lots of other little treats in the February schedule too. Mainline is back on ABQ and FAT, BOS sees 5x daily which I believe is unheard out outside of the summer schedule, and 321s are headed to GEG.
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos