Midwestindy

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? Part 2

Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:33 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Isn't that only for the summer though? According to this, it will be 3x week year round (presumably that means during the winter months).

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2017/09/06/delta-indianapolis-paris/

DL initially said they would run at least 3x weekly during winter, but then they opened up booking at 5x weekly during winter.

That link is from Sep 6th, DL announced frequencies on Sep 21st. If you go on DL's website you will see IND-CDG moves from daily to 5x weekly around September 9th.

Gotcha. I was gonna say, 3x a week seems too little.

Well, I stand corrected then, IND will have more frequency to CDG than BNA will to LHR during the winter months.

Not a big deal honestly, if there is enough demand after the flight starts, they will add the fifth day back. Here's to hoping both become daily year-round.

Yeah it really isn't a big deal, for all I know DL could draw IND-CDG down to 3x weekly. Either way, I hope other carriers decide to hop in the TATL market from BNA and IND, but as you said we will wait and see...
2017: ATL AMS BCN BWI BOS CDG CLT MDW ORD CVG DFW DAL DAB DEN DTW DXB FLL FCO RSW GNV BDL HNL IAH IND MCI LAS LAX LCY LGW LHR LOS SDF MEM MIA MKE MSP MUC BNA EWR HVN MSY JFK LGA MCO SFB ORY PHX PHL PVD RDU RAP RIC SLC STL CPS PIE SEA TPA DCA IAD ZRH

gsg013

Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:23 am

evank516 wrote:
Welp, my sister just moved to Nashville, guess I need to start following this thread. Though getting to BNA from NYC is mediocre at this point IMO. No mainline except WN from LGA. I wonder if B6 will ever restart JFK-BNA?

I just moved to Nashville from New York City. I know you probably don't include EWR as an NYC airport but UA flies mainline to BNA. Not saying that is that great I am a DL loyalist and try to avoid UA if at all possible. I usually fly from BNA on DL to LGA. The flight going east is usually great and not bad on a CR-9 or CR-7 usually about 1 hr 45 min Wheels up to wheels down.

Sometimes I come back to Nashville from EWR and connect in DTW or ATL. obviously not always ideal but I find its better than the UA nonstop

evank516

Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:13 pm

gsg013 wrote:
evank516 wrote:
Welp, my sister just moved to Nashville, guess I need to start following this thread. Though getting to BNA from NYC is mediocre at this point IMO. No mainline except WN from LGA. I wonder if B6 will ever restart JFK-BNA?

I just moved to Nashville from New York City. I know you probably don't include EWR as an NYC airport but UA flies mainline to BNA. Not saying that is that great I am a DL loyalist and try to avoid UA if at all possible. I usually fly from BNA on DL to LGA. The flight going east is usually great and not bad on a CR-9 or CR-7 usually about 1 hr 45 min Wheels up to wheels down.

Sometimes I come back to Nashville from EWR and connect in DTW or ATL. obviously not always ideal but I find its better than the UA nonstop

I do and I don't. I include it as an NYC Airport for technical reasons, however I'm in Western Nassau County on Long Island so it's basically out of reach for me. So while it is within reach for some areas of NYC, it's not within reach for me.

ADrum23

Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:51 pm

Well, I see AA is upgauging one of the afternoon/evening BNA-ORD eagle flights to an E75 starting February 15th.

Still wish they'd do a mainline, but it's a step in the right direction.

gsg013

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:55 am

It's funny I remember the first time I was on an E-170 and I thought it was such an improvement as I had been used to regional jets being the ERJ-145 size jet. However now I frequently fly the E-170/175 as well as the the CR-700/900 too and from Nashville.

Although the E-170 family has a definite advantage having a taller and wider cabin, I cannot pinpoint why I often feel more motion sickness on the E-170 family. Now when given the choice flying to or from nashville I usually chose the CR-700/900.

Does anyone know if the CR is pressurized to a lower cabin altitude?

AAvgeek744

Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:35 am

ADrum23 wrote:
Well, I see AA is upgauging one of the afternoon/evening BNA-ORD eagle flights to an E75 starting February 15th.

The E75 and CR7 are probably going to be as big as BNA-ORD gets. Based on enrila's OAG postings, AA does 8-9 BNA-ORD flights depending on time of year. I'd rather see the 76 seaters than the 145s, but I doubt it'll get much bigger. If they ever did a mainline, it would be likely, IMO a 319. Frequency over aircraft size, whether people like it or not.

ADrum23

Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:24 am

AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

The E75 and CR7 are probably going to be as big as BNA-ORD gets. Based on enrila's OAG postings, AA does 8-9 BNA-ORD flights depending on time of year. I'd rather see the 76 seaters than the 145s, but I doubt it'll get much bigger. If they ever did a mainline, it would be likely, IMO a 319. Frequency over aircraft size, whether people like it or not.

Still don’t see why they can’t put at least a A319 on this route, that would be the perfect plane for it. 737 would be better, but an A319 once in the morning and once in the evening would do. They’d be better off with less frequency and more capacity on this route, the sooner they realize that, the better.

AAvgeek744

Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:00 am

ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Still don’t see why they can’t put at least a A319 on this route, that would be the perfect plane for it. 737 would be better, but an A319 once in the morning and once in the evening would do. They’d be better off with less frequency and more capacity on this route, the sooner they realize that, the better.

I have to say I don't get your obsession with American putting a mainline jet between BNA-ORD. The connections at ORD are less than at DFW or CLT (i.e. more destinations are available fro the the latter than ORD). I think they know what they are doing. If you want a mainline jet to Chicago, take WN to Midway. For a flight that is roughly an hour and a half block time, its not a big deal. You can complain all you like, but it's a battle you aren't likely to win unless all carriers suddenly decide to ditch RJ's, which we know ain't gonna happen.

AAvgeek744

Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:01 am

ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

I have to say I don't get your obsession with American putting a mainline jet between BNA-ORD. The connections at ORD are less than at DFW or CLT (i.e. more destinations are available fro the the latter than ORD). I think they know what they are doing. If you want a mainline jet to Chicago, take WN to Midway. For a flight that is roughly an hour and a half to two hours block time, its not a big deal. You can complain all you like, but it's a battle you aren't likely to win unless all carriers suddenly decide to ditch RJ's, which we know ain't gonna happen.

ADrum23

Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:17 am

AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

I have to say I don't get your obsession with American putting a mainline jet between BNA-ORD. The connections at ORD are less than at DFW or CLT (i.e. more destinations are available from the the latter than ORD). I think they know what they are doing. If you want a mainline jet to Chicago, take WN to Midway. For a flight that is roughly an hour and a half block time, its not a big deal. You can complain all you like, but it's a battle you aren't likely to win unless all carriers suddenly decide to ditch RJ's, which we know ain't gonna happen.

I am just saying it because the other options are WN to Midway (which I have already explained is not convenient for most Chicago suburbs) and UA, which I am avoiding at all costs right now (my family and I always have issues when flying them). If WN flew into ORD or UA wasn't so crappy, I honestly wouldn't even be discussing this.

The lack of AA mainline to ORD is certainly not the end of the world, but it nonetheless is a big head-scratcher (especially in light of their decision to upgauge the morning BNA-MIA flight to mainline) considering their main competitors run 737s/A319s and they may in the future face a competitor (NK) that would run a A320 on the route.

AAvgeek744

Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:15 am

ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

I have to say I don't get your obsession with American putting a mainline jet between BNA-ORD. The connections at ORD are less than at DFW or CLT (i.e. more destinations are available from the the latter than ORD). I think they know what they are doing. If you want a mainline jet to Chicago, take WN to Midway. For a flight that is roughly an hour and a half block time, its not a big deal. You can complain all you like, but it's a battle you aren't likely to win unless all carriers suddenly decide to ditch RJ's, which we know ain't gonna happen.

I am just saying it because the other options are WN to Midway (which I have already explained is not convenient for most Chicago suburbs) and UA, which I am avoiding at all costs right now (my family and I always have issues when flying them). If WN flew into ORD or UA wasn't so crappy, I honestly wouldn't even be discussing this.

The lack of AA mainline to ORD is certainly not the end of the world, but it nonetheless is a big head-scratcher (especially in light of their decision to upgauge the morning BNA-MIA flight to mainline) considering their main competitors run 737s/A319s and they may in the future face a competitor (NK) that would run a A320 on the route.

Regardless, there's not likely to be anything happening which you want for a while. I think this horse has been beaten to death several times over.

ADrum23

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:14 pm

Delta had one of their 747's at BNA today for some reason. Pretty awesome.

https://twitter.com/Fly_Nashville/status/928319816326352896

Also, since NK announced CMH today and it is speculated that the second city will be MKE, it looks like BNA won't be getting NK this year. I have a feeling something maybe going on with the MNAA that is deeper than the firing of Rob Wigington. It is incredibly odd that no new domestic service announcements have been made for 2018 yet, when most of its similar sized peers (AUS, MSY, STL, IND, RDU, etc) have had announcements.

southwest1675

Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:04 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
Delta had one of their 747's at BNA today for some reason. Pretty awesome.

https://twitter.com/Fly_Nashville/status/928319816326352896

Also, since NK announced CMH today and it is speculated that the second city will be MKE, it looks like BNA won't be getting NK this year. I have a feeling something maybe going on with the MNAA that is deeper than the firing of Rob Wigington. It is incredibly odd that no new domestic service announcements have been made for 2018 yet, when most of its similar sized peers (AUS, MSY, STL, IND, RDU, etc) have had announcements.

I agree and it's frustrating.

flymco753

Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:56 pm

I was looking over the PDEW tables and I wanted to point it out on here that from PDEW in Q1 2017 between Detroit-Nashville is the 13th largest market. This is significant because aside from your big cities, Florida and sun city flights, Nashville is the largest medium sized market for Q1. It went down to 14th in Q2 but almost 800 passengers each day went between BNA and DTW. I really believe that this puts a seal on guaranteeing when NK enters BNA, DTW will most certainly be a starting route if not added shortly after. I'm eager to see what happens in Q3 when BNA flights were over selling every day, I fly up to DTW than down to BNA normally but not this summer.
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...

ADrum23

Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:09 pm

flymco753 wrote:
I was looking over the PDEW tables and I wanted to point it out on here that from PDEW in Q1 2017 between Detroit-Nashville is the 13th largest market. This is significant because aside from your big cities, Florida and sun city flights, Nashville is the largest medium sized market for Q1. It went down to 14th in Q2 but almost 800 passengers each day went between BNA and DTW. I really believe that this puts a seal on guaranteeing when NK enters BNA, DTW will most certainly be a starting route if not added shortly after. I'm eager to see what happens in Q3 when BNA flights were over selling every day, I fly up to DTW than down to BNA normally but not this summer.

Interesting. However, NK likely won't be entering until 2019 at the soonest since it is being speculated that MKE is the other new station they are announcing this year. I wonder if NK want's to wait for the new Concourse D gates to be built, but idk why they need more than one or two gates.

BNA is really lacking in ULCC service (no G4 unlike most of its similar-sized peers and minimal F9 presence), I don't know what NK is waiting for.........

flymco753

Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:23 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

Interesting. However, NK likely won't be entering until 2019 at the soonest since it is being speculated that MKE is the other new station they are announcing this year. I wonder if NK want's to wait for the new Concourse D gates to be built, but idk why they need more than one or two gates.

BNA is really lacking in ULCC service (no G4 unlike most of its similar-sized peers and minimal F9 presence), I don't know what NK is waiting for.........
I'm still rooting on BNA for 2018, it's hard because the plans appear to be expanding into AirTran markets too, in that case BNA has a small resume but in terms of opportunity for NK, I think they have way more opportunity with BNA than MKE. Perhaps they'll announce BNA for a Spring 2018 start since they generally do announcements in January/February. We'll see, of all the places NK could add DTW, DFW, and FLL are the most likely for the first expansion.
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...

ADrum23

Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:52 pm

flymco753 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

I'm still rooting on BNA for 2018, it's hard because the plans appear to be expanding into AirTran markets too, in that case BNA has a small resume but in terms of opportunity for NK, I think they have way more opportunity with BNA than MKE. Perhaps they'll announce BNA for a Spring 2018 start since they generally do announcements in January/February. We'll see, of all the places NK could add DTW, DFW, and FLL are the most likely for the first expansion.

MKE would be a bit of a head-scratcher for me, considering G4 is already there and it is fairly close to ORD (and to a lesser extent, MSP). Not saying it couldn't work in MKE, but there are more worthy cities first.

At BNA on the other had, they'd have the ULCC market almost to themselves (aside from some token F9 presence). Unlike its similar-sized southern/midwestern peers (RDU, AUS, IND, MSY, STL and even CVG, CMH, CLE, MCI, etc), G4 is nowhere to be found in the Nashville market (STL is served by G4 via Mid-America airport in Bellevue), so the market is ripe for a new ULCC. BNA makes the most sense IMO for NK expansion, but whether they come here or not this year remains to be seen.

AAvgeek744

Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:40 pm

flymco753 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

Somewhere in this thread, someone said there was one empty gate at BNA. I suspect construction of BNA Vision will take some out of service for awhile. There will be some shuffling but I can see NK opening small, to DTW, DFW, and FLL. I don't expect G4 anytime soon, if ever.

southwest1675

Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:53 pm

Does BNA even have ticket counter space? I figure BA is gonna use some of AA's space. They could get rid of Wright Travel and have NK or G4 take it's place.

Cubsrule

Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:13 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
Does BNA even have ticket counter space? I figure BA is gonna use some of AA's space. They could get rid of Wright Travel and have NK or G4 take it's place.

There’s some on the north end, and DL and UA probably both have more than they need. AA and WN seem about right.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

ADrum23

Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:19 pm

southwest1675 wrote:

They are at or near maxed out (it's been awhile since I've been inside, I won't be going back in until February), but according to the business opportunities page, the bid for the Concourse D/Terminal Wings (the ticketing/baggage claim expansion) is due next Thursday with construction scheduled to begin in January, so additional space should be coming soon. This will apparently be the first major portion of BNA Vision implemented.

https://www.flynashville.com/business-opportunities/opportunities/Pages/RFP-for-CONCOURSE-D-AND-TERMINAL-WINGS-CIP-1803.aspx

ADrum23

Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:28 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Somewhere in this thread, someone said there was one empty gate at BNA. I suspect construction of BNA Vision will take some out of service for awhile. There will be some shuffling but I can see NK opening small, to DTW, DFW, and FLL. I don't expect G4 anytime soon, if ever.

I only see two gates (one on Concourse B and another on C) at the most being taken out when the permanent IAB begins construction, which will start late 2019/early 2020. So if that empty gate is still there, NK shouldn't have a problem with starting a small operation next year. As I mentioned above, the first major portion of BNA Vision that will be constructed is the new Concourse D, which should begin construction next year and be ready no later than early 2020.

As far as G4, I wonder if the reason they won't come into Nashville is because of their MEM and TYS operations, and they consider those to adequately serve Nashville customers (despite that both are about a 3 hour drive from BNA). I do find it a bit odd that G4 serves almost all of BNA's similar-sized peers, but not BNA itself.

antoniemey

Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:09 am

Cubsrule wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

There’s some on the north end, and DL and UA probably both have more than they need. AA and WN seem about right.

AA and DL are the most spread out as compared to amount of passengers serviced. DL could easily give up half their counter and not even notice (they've already given up the breakroom behind what used to be NW's space to Prospect.

United COULD easily drop a couple of counter positions, but there's no corresponding back room space to go with that.

As far as Wright Travel, I'm actually rather surprised they haven't been kicked down to the baggage or rental car level yet.

ADrum23 wrote:
However, when I flew UA regional on BNA-ORD, they lost my bag, the flight was delayed, we had to board outside and the service was subpar at best. Never doing that again.

How long ago was that? Since the new jetbridges have been installed UA no longer does ground level boarding anywhere at BNA.
Make something Idiot-proof, and the Universe will make a more inept idiot.

ADrum23

Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:25 am

antoniemey wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
However, when I flew UA regional on BNA-ORD, they lost my bag, the flight was delayed, we had to board outside and the service was subpar at best. Never doing that again.

How long ago was that? Since the new jetbridges have been installed UA no longer does ground level boarding anywhere at BNA.

July of 2014, a little over 3.5 years ago.

antoniemey

Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:45 am

ADrum23 wrote:
antoniemey wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

July of 2014, a little over 3.5 years ago.

So above wing was still half subCO mainline employees and 99% of the flights were on E145s. Things have changed drastically since then.
Make something Idiot-proof, and the Universe will make a more inept idiot.

gsg013

Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:08 pm

What was the DL 747 doing here at BNA? also saw that Kingdom of Bahrain sent their VIP 747-400ER to BNA not really sure what it is was thinking possibly a royal visit to Vanderbilt medical center?

71Zulu

Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:43 pm

gsg013 wrote:
What was the DL 747 doing here at BNA?

Bengals @ Titans

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Clickable links only please!

Cubsrule

Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:08 pm

71Zulu wrote:
gsg013 wrote:

Bengals @ Titans

Nope. Bungles are on a 333. DL 8867
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

71Zulu

Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:16 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
71Zulu wrote:
gsg013 wrote:

Bengals @ Titans

Nope. Bungles are on a 333. DL 8867
Oops ok then, not sure. :D

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Clickable links only please!

ADrum23

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:24 am

I see someone on the Nashville airport Wikipedia page trying to put in the historical passenger traffic by year from 2000 onward in a table under the statistics section, but they only have the data from 2013-2016. I want to help, but I can’t find the data. Where can I find the historic passenger traffic by calander year data for BNA?

AAvgeek744

Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:50 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
I see someone on the Nashville airport Wikipedia page trying to put in the historical passenger traffic by year from 2000 onward in a table under the statistics section, but they only have the data from 2013-2016. I want to help, but I can’t find the data. Where can I find the historic passenger traffic by calander year data for BNA?

There is this. The older reports seem to break down by airlines, some of the later do not. Lots of drop down menus to navigate, but it might help.

https://www.flynashville.com/about/Pages/airport-data.aspx

ADrum23

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:46 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

There is this. The older reports seem to break down by airlines, some of the later do not. Lots of drop down menus to navigate, but it might help.

Thank you! Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to show the total pax numbers by calendar year, only the FY pax numbers. Therefore, it may not be suitable for Wikipedia.

southwest1675

Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:39 am

I definitely think management issues at BNA these past few months played a role on why BNA hasn't seen much love this past year (besides BA). I wonder who's gonna replace Wigington.

https://patch.com/tennessee/nashville/s ... sick-leave

ADrum23

Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:53 am

southwest1675 wrote:
I definitely think management issues at BNA these past few months played a role on why BNA hasn't seen much love this past year (besides BA). I wonder who's gonna replace Wigington.

Agreed, even though it's really only been the time since the BA announcement that BNA has not had any major announcements, there were a fair amount earlier this year.

As far as the controversy with Rob Wigington, this has been an issue for some time apparently. There was a consultants report released way back in January of 2016 that alleged a culture of corruption at BNA (under Wigington's leadership) and called for reforms, so it's not like this was all of a sudden. y.

MNAA was completely right to fire Wigington (he should have been out after the consultants report was released), but it really is a shame. At a time when the Nashville area is booming and the airport is seeing record growth (as well as beginning BNA Vision), we don't need this distraction. I hope they can straighten things out soon, get a new, more transparent CEO and get the leadership back to a healthy state. Then maybe we will see some new service/destinations added.

One other thing, a friend of mine contacted MNAA almost two weeks ago asking if BNA is pursuing a flight to Portland (as well as if Spirit is coming to town) and he has not received a response as of today. This is yet another sign something is going on. Did Trudy Carson leave with Wigington?

AAvgeek744

Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:23 am

ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Thank you! Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to show the total pax numbers by calendar year, only the FY pax numbers. Therefore, it may not be suitable for Wikipedia.

I've discovered the BNA website has lots of hard to find data. The link I posted earlier was frustrating since it seemed to be less informative as you went from 2003 until 2016.

southwest1675

Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:44 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

Agreed, even though it's really only been the time since the BA announcement that BNA has not had any major announcements, there were a fair amount earlier this year.

As far as the controversy with Rob Wigington, this has been an issue for some time apparently. There was a consultants report released way back in January of 2016 that alleged a culture of corruption at BNA (under Wigington's leadership) and called for reforms, so it's not like this was all of a sudden. y.

MNAA was completely right to fire Wigington (he should have been out after the consultants report was released), but it really is a shame. At a time when the Nashville area is booming and the airport is seeing record growth (as well as beginning BNA Vision), we don't need this distraction. I hope they can straighten things out soon, get a new, more transparent CEO and get the leadership back to a healthy state. Then maybe we will see some new service/destinations added.

One other thing, a friend of mine contacted MNAA almost two weeks ago asking if BNA is pursuing a flight to Portland (as well as if Spirit is coming to town) and he has not received a response as of today. This is yet another sign something is going on. Did Trudy Carson leave with Wigington?

I'm not sure if Trudy left. If I remember correctly, I think she came to BNA with him though. If that's the case, that could definitely be the main reason why we aren't seeing any new routes. It's also odd that your friend never was contacted back. When I spent time nagging BNA on getting flights to Europe, I'd get responses within 24-48 hours. Sometimes I'd get a response the same day. Also, I remember that report said something stating the BA was gonna pull the trigger on BNA back in 2015, but the MNAA did something really stupid, and BA went with SJC instead.

ADrum23

Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:22 am

southwest1675 wrote:
Also, I remember that report said something stating the BA was gonna pull the trigger on BNA back in 2015, but the MNAA did something really stupid, and BA went with SJC instead.

I heard a similar story, but what exactly was the stupid thing done? The news coverage this year didn't mention anything about the botched 2015 attempt, and seemed to imply that BA never really seriously considered BNA until this past year.

southwest1675

Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:27 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
Also, I remember that report said something stating the BA was gonna pull the trigger on BNA back in 2015, but the MNAA did something really stupid, and BA went with SJC instead.

I heard a similar story, but what exactly was the stupid thing done? The news coverage this year didn't mention anything about the botched 2015 attempt, and seemed to imply that BA never really seriously considered BNA until this past year.

Nobody will ever know, but they did do something that swayed them away from Nashville.

southwest1675

Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:32 pm

Looks like MNAA has hired new leadership http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2 ... 866044001/

AAvgeek744

Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:45 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
Looks like MNAA has hired new leadership http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2 ... 866044001/

Hopefully they will get the ship righted. It would be a shame to see Nashville miss out on more new service given the insane growth currently happening.

Lexy

Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:14 pm

Well, there will likely be two DL gates out of service and three AA gates out of service for the expansion. Not 100% sure, but if the design is to be believed, that's what appears to be happening. C2, C3, and C5 will be gone.

AA has added an ERJ-190 mainline turn to PHL and CLT to the mix now replacing two YX flights.
Nashville, Tennessee KBNA

ADrum23

Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:53 pm

Lexy wrote:
Well, there will likely be two DL gates out of service and three AA gates out of service for the expansion. Not 100% sure, but if the design is to be believed, that's what appears to be happening. C2, C3, and C5 will be gone.

AA has added an ERJ-190 mainline turn to PHL and CLT to the mix now replacing two YX flights.

Will they be out of service permanently or temporarily? If I understand that correctly, they will add 12 new gates (six on the new Concourse D and six on the new IAB that can also be used for domestic when FIS is not needed), while taking away 5, thus leaving BNA with a net gain of only 7 gates.......

It seems the AA E190 is only until the first weekend in March unfortunately, according to the AA booking website.

And since you work at the airport, what is going on as far as new service announcements? Will there be any anytime soon, or is there too much turmoil right now?

ADrum23

Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:53 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

Hopefully they will get the ship righted. It would be a shame to see Nashville miss out on more new service given the insane growth currently happening.

Is that all, or are there still more key vacancies?

Lexy

Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:26 am

ADrum23 wrote:
Lexy wrote:

Will they be out of service permanently or temporarily? If I understand that correctly, they will add 12 new gates (six on the new Concourse D and six on the new IAB that can also be used for domestic when FIS is not needed), while taking away 5, thus leaving BNA with a net gain of only 7 gates.......

It seems the AA E190 is only until the first weekend in March unfortunately, according to the AA booking website.

And since you work at the airport, what is going on as far as new service announcements? Will there be any anytime soon, or is there too much turmoil right now?

No news on new service. The 190 may stick around longer than March, time will tell. Remember, AA is deemphasizing JFK for international connections going forward. And the gates will be gone permanently according to the plans. They will be "replaced", so to speak, by the new FIS gates that two of which are widebody capable. As for D, that's likely going to be Southwest when they are finished, but that's just a guess. I'd look for a controlled ramp to come back once that new concourse is done though.

As for the airport itself, I don't hear much about their leadership honestly. We still get info from them regarding de-icing and other amenities at the terminal. Nothing worth mentioning here really. They tend to keep to themselves and all of us at the airlines do our thing.
Nashville, Tennessee KBNA

flymco753

Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:32 am

Still "woo-ing" Spirit to do BNA. I thought there was a gate at the end of B that is open....

ADrum23

Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:38 am

flymco753 wrote:
Still "woo-ing" Spirit to do BNA. I thought there was a gate at the end of B that is open....

Well, that will probably be filled when they rid of some of the other gates as Lexy mentioned. Though the main terminal/permanent IAB construction won't begin in earnest until late 2019/early 2020, so perhaps there is still some hope.

flymco753

Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:44 am

ADrum23 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

Well, that will probably be filled when they rid of some of the other gates as Lexy mentioned. Though the main terminal/permanent IAB construction won't begin in earnest until late 2019/early 2020, so perhaps there is still some hope.
Needless to say, if I were ever to choose Spirit as my employer for routes, you bet I'd be eyeballing BNA, it's my personal crown joule.

ADrum23

Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:46 am

Lexy wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
Lexy wrote:

No news on new service. The 190 may stick around longer than March, time will tell. Remember, AA is deemphasizing JFK for international connections going forward. And the gates will be gone permanently according to the plans. They will be "replaced", so to speak, by the new FIS gates that two of which are widebody capable. As for D, that's likely going to be Southwest when they are finished, but that's just a guess. I'd look for a controlled ramp to come back once that new concourse is done though.

As for the airport itself, I don't hear much about their leadership honestly. We still get info from them regarding de-icing and other amenities at the terminal. Nothing worth mentioning here really. They tend to keep to themselves and all of us at the airlines do our thing.

As of right now, the E190 only lasts through Saturday March 3rd. After that, it's all E75's on AA BNA-PHL.

I don't think WN will get all the new D gates (unless they give up some of their existing gates to move into Concourse D). Concourse D should be for other airlines that may want to set up shop (such as NK, G4, Sun Country, etc). Still though, given the gate shortage and the fact that the current plans won't add many new ones, I am surprised they dropped plans to expand Concourse A.

southwest1675

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:57 am

This airport will be completely different in a good 5 years. I would love for WN to give BNA some more flights in the following years. This could easily be a crew base for them. However, it is rumored that STL or FLL will be the next crew base for Southwest. Airport will be a nightmare when it's getting expanded, but when it's done, should be pretty damn snazzy.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos