southwest1675

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? Part 2

Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:31 pm

WN is currently using 12 gates. Supposed to get C13 and C14 from AA soon. AA will use C2 full time, and pick up C8 since they finally installed a jetway there.

ADrum23

Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:51 pm

According to the MNAA Facebook page, the interim international arrivals building is almost complete. I thought it wasn't suppose to be done until March.

ADrum23

Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:52 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
WN is currently using 12 gates. Supposed to get C13 and C14 from AA soon. AA will use C2 full time, and pick up C8 since they finally installed a jetway there.

Maybe WN will launch some new routes when they formally pick up C13 and C14, and maybe AA finally launches a mainline flight to ORD when they pick up C8. One can dream, right?

southwest1675

Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:08 am

ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

Maybe WN will launch some new routes when they formally pick up C13 and C14, and maybe AA finally launches a mainline flight to ORD when they pick up C8. One can dream, right?

Why we don't have any mainline to DCA, PHL, and ORD is beyond me. It's actually kinda embarrassing. BNA is one of AA's biggest non hub stations.

ADrum23

Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:57 am

VX started flights to SFO today, too bad it will only be for about two years before AS fully absorbs VX and the route will become an AS route.

I wonder if any new service will be announced at BNA soon? Or any new BNA vision projects for that matter.

Midwestindy

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:00 am

ADrum23 wrote:
VX started flights to SFO today, too bad it will only be for about two years before AS fully absorbs VX and the route will become an AS route.

I wonder if any new service will be announced at BNA soon? Or any new BNA vision projects for that matter.

NK is very likely to be announced soon.............
2017: ATL AMS BCN BWI BOS CDG CLT MDW ORD CVG DFW DAL DAB DEN DTW DXB FLL FCO RSW GNV BDL HNL IAH IND MCI LAS LAX LCY LGW LHR LOS SDF MEM MIA MKE MSP MUC BNA EWR HVN MSY JFK LGA MCO SFB ORY PHX PHL PVD RDU RAP RIC SLC STL CPS PIE SEA TPA DCA IAD ZRH

southwest1675

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:03 am

I think we have one gate open in BNA right now. Don't remember which one, but it's on B Concourse.

southwest1675

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:06 am

AA is now using C2 full time, as well as C8.

ADrum23

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:10 am

Midwestindy wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

NK is very likely to be announced soon.............

How do you know? Are they announcing new cities soon?

ADrum23

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:12 am

southwest1675 wrote:

But still no word on mainline flights to ORD or PHL?

southwest1675

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:14 am

ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

But still no word on mainline flights to ORD or PHL?

Not that I know of.

iFlyDTW

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:09 am

From what I keep hearing, NK is nearing on BNA. I believe a gate is open in the B terminal which would make a lot of sense for NK to use, especially if they want to start with a small operation. As of now, all I think is going to happen is a daily A320 to DTW and a daily A319 to FLL, in the future you could probably start to see more Florida routes, EWR, MSY, DFW, and LAS.
Home of the "Bare Fare" /// Banana Plane Republic

ADrum23

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:30 am

iFlyDTW wrote:
From what I keep hearing, NK is nearing on BNA. I believe a gate is open in the B terminal which would make a lot of sense for NK to use, especially if they want to start with a small operation. As of now, all I think is going to happen is a daily A320 to DTW and a daily A319 to FLL, in the future you could probably start to see more Florida routes, EWR, MSY, DFW, and LAS.

I'm surprised they aren't here already. I hope you're right, it's too bad we will have to wait until December to find out.

iFlyDTW

Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:33 am

ADrum23 wrote:
iFlyDTW wrote:

I'm surprised they aren't here already. I hope you're right, it's too bad we will have to wait until December to find out.
Dont quote me, but thats generally when NK announces new stations, historically.
Home of the "Bare Fare" /// Banana Plane Republic

southwest1675

Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:48 am

We shall see.

ADrum23

Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:49 am

What are the chances we ever see BNA-JFK on JetBlue?

AAvgeek744

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:44 am

ADrum23 wrote:

I'd first ask how are BOS and FLL doing. AA and DL still fly to JFK for TATL feed (or did, DL comes and goes a lot on that route). Either way, AA is ER4's and DL is a CR9. When they came to BNA before with the 3 daily E90s, they did no local advertising. Even today, my guess is many BNA travelers don't know who B6 is.

I agree with other posts. Getting mainline to the northeast and ORD is aggravating. Heck, stick a 319 on a few routes. It seems they want frequency over aircraft size.

My more curious question is will WN open a foreign destination in the Caribbean or Mexico. Once a week to CUN seems insufficient, but I don't know what the market is.

EMBQA

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:02 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Very doubtful as it was BNA-JFK that jetBlue ran when they were here the first time.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

EMBQA

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:22 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Once a week to CUN seems insufficient, but I don't know what the market is.

Most resorts and Travel packages companies book Cancun Sat-Sat, so once a week is fine. I've been to MMUN 10+ times and always fly out Saturday morning and return Saturday afternoon. The non-stops are great and we've done those about 5 times ( and will again this November) ... Aeromexico, Sunwing, Delta and our favorite.. American. CLT was also our favorite routing too. Wheels up at 070 and at the resort by noon...!!
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

AAvgeek744

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:19 pm

EMBQA wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Most resorts and Travel packages companies book Cancun Sat-Sat, so once a week is fine. I've been to MMUN 10+ times and always fly out Saturday morning and return Saturday afternoon. The non-stops are great and we've done those about 5 times ( and will again this November) ... Aeromexico, Sunwing, Delta and our favorite.. American. CLT was also our favorite routing too. Wheels up at 070 and at the resort by noon...!!

I was curious of BNA has the pax for say a BNA-MEX, BNA-SJU type flight. It doesn't appear so.

ADrum23

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:18 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
EMBQA wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

I was curious of BNA has the pax for say a BNA-MEX, BNA-SJU type flight. It doesn't appear so.

Even though they say they want to recruit flights to Latin America as part of the BNA Vision, I doubt there is much demand right now. What is the top Latin American destination from BNA?

ADrum23

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:19 pm

EMBQA wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Very doubtful as it was BNA-JFK that jetBlue ran when they were here the first time.

But that was a decade ago, and considering the lack of mainline service to New York from BNA, I think it could work, though not as a daily flight.

AAvgeek744

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:43 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
EMBQA wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

But that was a decade ago, and considering the lack of mainline service to New York from BNA, I think it could work, though not as a daily flight.

If they started it, less than daily wouldn't make much sense. If they came back it'd still probably be E90s. I don't think they'll try it again. (I thought I'd read they were close to being maxed out at JFK) I know B6 interlines with some carriers TATL, but not sure it would get them traffic. Depending on the area on NYC one is headed, JFK isn't the ideal airport. I find it interesting that of the big 3, UA is the only one with any mainline service, to EWR, considering less than two years ago they didn't do mainline anywhere out of BNA. I don't know if Southwest is keeping AA and DL from upgrading a/c size to LGA.

Cubsrule

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:45 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
EMBQA wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

If the PR economy comes back some and WN grows some at SJU, I don't think BNA-SJU is out of the question. When coming back from SJU on WN, I usually see 10 or 15 bags from SJU on the belt at BNA.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

ADrum23

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:04 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
EMBQA wrote:

If they started it, less than daily wouldn't make much sense. If they came back it'd still probably be E90s. I don't think they'll try it again. (I thought I'd read they were close to being maxed out at JFK) I know B6 interlines with some carriers TATL, but not sure it would get them traffic. Depending on the area on NYC one is headed, JFK isn't the ideal airport. I find it interesting that of the big 3, UA is the only one with any mainline service, to EWR, considering less than two years ago they didn't do mainline anywhere out of BNA. I don't know if Southwest is keeping AA and DL from upgrading a/c size to LGA.

I'd like to see AA either upgauge the two Eagle flights from BNA-JFK to one daily mainline, or upgauge one morning and one evening BNA-LGA flight to mainline. I'm surprised AA doesn't do more mainline out of BNA, in particular, to ORD.

Jshank83

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:30 pm

^They must view frequency in RJs over mainline with less frequency as the better route. I personally don't mind RJs as long as they still have wifi, etc. Especially if I am traveling with someone, then we don't have to sit across the aisle or have someone in a middle seat.

AAvgeek744

Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:34 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

I'd like to see AA either upgauge the two Eagle flights from BNA-JFK to one daily mainline, or upgauge one morning and one evening BNA-LGA flight to mainline. I'm surprised AA doesn't do more mainline out of BNA, in particular, to ORD.

They are using some E75s and CR7s. Not mainline, but beats the CRJ and ER4 they still use, I have a feeling if they upgrade a/c size, the frequency might go down.

ADrum23

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:54 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

They are using some E75s and CR7s. Not mainline, but beats the CRJ and ER4 they still use, I have a feeling if they upgrade a/c size, the frequency might go down.

And would that be a bad thing? I don't think so. That being said, I can see the reasons not to do mainline on the New York routes (both JFK and LGA) and maybe PHL (though with that becoming AA's primary TATL hub, it would be nice if they ran a mainline there as well), but you have 9 flights between ORD and BNA daily and not one of them is mainline? That is absolutely baffling to me. They recently upgauged one of the BNA-MIA flights to a 737, why can't they do that for ORD? Both of their main competitors on that route (UA and WN) run mainlines.

ADrum23

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:55 pm

Any new service announcements for BNA coming anytime soon?

AAvgeek744

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:50 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

And would that be a bad thing? I don't think so. That being said, I can see the reasons not to do mainline on the New York routes (both JFK and LGA) and maybe PHL (though with that becoming AA's primary TATL hub, it would be nice if they ran a mainline there as well), but you have 9 flights between ORD and BNA daily and not one of them is mainline? That is absolutely baffling to me. They recently upgauged one of the BNA-MIA flights to a 737, why can't they do that for ORD? Both of their main competitors on that route (UA and WN) run mainlines.

I guess I just see it a little differently. 50 seaters? No way. However I know they are putting E75s and CR7's into some of those cities. I'd choose a 2x2 seating arrangement over 3x3 anyway. In my mind, the E75 especially, is a comfortable, mainline-like small aircraft. If they introduce CR9's at BNA like DL, I'd be OK with that too.

Midwestindy

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:56 pm

ADrum23 wrote:

NK and maybe DL, WN's next schedule extension is October but there aren't that many no-brainer routes that WN can start from BNA...
2017: ATL AMS BCN BWI BOS CDG CLT MDW ORD CVG DFW DAL DAB DEN DTW DXB FLL FCO RSW GNV BDL HNL IAH IND MCI LAS LAX LCY LGW LHR LOS SDF MEM MIA MKE MSP MUC BNA EWR HVN MSY JFK LGA MCO SFB ORY PHX PHL PVD RDU RAP RIC SLC STL CPS PIE SEA TPA DCA IAD ZRH

ADrum23

Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:10 am

AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

I guess I just see it a little differently. 50 seaters? No way. However I know they are putting E75s and CR7's into some of those cities. I'd choose a 2x2 seating arrangement over 3x3 anyway. In my mind, the E75 especially, is a comfortable, mainline-like small aircraft. If they introduce CR9's at BNA like DL, I'd be OK with that too.

Good point. E75s and CR7's would be good for the BNA-JFK and BNA-PHL routes. However, they still should run a mainline (737 or A319/320) on BNA-ORD (once in the morning and once in the evening). If they did that, I'd be satisfied (I would use it when I travel back to Chicago, as I don't really want to fly UA, or have to fly WN into MDW, and I don't like the regional jets AA uses on BNA-ORD).

ORD is the third largest hub for AA behind DFW and CLT, and gets more traffic from BNA than CLT. Thus, the AA BNA-ORD route deserves mainline service, and I think it will happen eventually (does anyone have any inside info on AA's route planning?).

787fan8

Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:12 am

ADrum23 wrote:

A seasonal BNA-FRA flight from DE wouldn't surprise me
Atlanta is an incredibly cool city - Andrew Lincoln

ADrum23

Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:21 am

787fan8 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

BNA seems like an obvious eventual DE seasonal route (along with RDU). When do they make announcements about new service?

ADrum23

Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:35 am

Free outreach event on October 3rd to discuss upcoming business opportunities for the BNA Vision.

http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07eek3f22ae5517544&llr=jxtty6dab

AAvgeek744

Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:38 am

787fan8 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Could happen. Volkswagen has a large presence in Chattanooga, and sometimes BNA is easier to get to than ATL from there, just don't know how much traffic that generates. I was downtown during Fan Fair (actually a Preds playoff game same night). I heard a few people speaking German. I'm still holding out for our NRT flight to feed the Nissan, other related traffic.

stl07

Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:39 am

Midwestindy wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

NK and maybe DL, WN's next schedule extension is October but there aren't that many no-brainer routes that WN can start from BNA...

How do you know about NK? Where else are they expanding?
I will fly WN when they have the ability to give me a seat: something even NK can do.

AAvgeek744

Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:43 am

ADrum23 wrote:

WN has 14 gates (or should soon). I think they'll do PDX sooner or later. Probably up frequency on some routes. Nashville is in the running for the 2nd Amazon HQ despite many residents don't want it. If by chance it lands there, I'd expect a second AS flight, and WN going year-round. It's mentioned there is only one empty gate at the terminal pre-expansion. NK might try and grab it.

ADrum23

Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:18 am

AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

WN has 14 gates (or should soon). I think they'll do PDX sooner or later. Probably up frequency on some routes. Nashville is in the running for the 2nd Amazon HQ despite many residents don't want it. If by chance it lands there, I'd expect a second AS flight, and WN going year-round. It's mentioned there is only one empty gate at the terminal pre-expansion. NK might try and grab it.

I wonder if WN could make year-round BNA-PDX work if they routed some of the traffic from the east/southeast wanting to go to PDX through BNA. The only city that has WN service to PDX east of the Mississippi is BWI, and that is only seasonal. Since BNA seems to be a connecting point for WN, could they make BNA-PDX work with routing other traffic through BNA?

I still expect AS will ultimately be the one to launch this route though.

ADrum23

Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:21 am

ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

I wonder if WN could make year-round BNA-PDX work if they routed some of the traffic from the east/southeast wanting to go to PDX through BNA. The only city that has WN service to PDX east of the Mississippi is BWI, and that is only seasonal. Since BNA seems to be a connecting point for WN, could they make BNA-PDX work with routing other traffic through BNA?

I stand corrected. MDW also has PDX service on WN and they are east of the Mississippi. Shoot. Well, so much for that idea......

AAvgeek744

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:42 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

I stand corrected. MDW also has PDX service on WN and they are east of the Mississippi. Shoot. Well, so much for that idea......

IMO, Alaska is still outlining it's strategy for the VX merger. They'll have transcon flights from SEA, PDX, SFO, LAX, SAN. (not sure about SJC). That gives them a lot of choices to expand on. If BNA were a little closer to PDX, I could see AS putting an E75 on it. If WN goes year-round on the SEA flight, they might go into PDX. I think WN is around 100 departures a day now (or will be when previously announced routes open). With 14 gates, they have options for quite a few more flights.

Cubsrule

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:46 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

STL doesn't meet your "east of the Mississippi" criterion, but it handles many of the same connecting flows. WN does have a 738 on PDX-STL, though, so there is some potential to shift traffic to BNA.

ADrum23

Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:34 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

IMO, Alaska is still outlining it's strategy for the VX merger. They'll have transcon flights from SEA, PDX, SFO, LAX, SAN. (not sure about SJC). That gives them a lot of choices to expand on. If BNA were a little closer to PDX, I could see AS putting an E75 on it. If WN goes year-round on the SEA flight, they might go into PDX. I think WN is around 100 departures a day now (or will be when previously announced routes open). With 14 gates, they have options for quite a few more flights.

I do think we are getting close to the "max out" point at BNA, the point where WN won't add any new destinations because they wouldn't be worth flying them out of BNA.

There are only four more routes (excluding BNA-PDX) I could see from BNA on WN.

1. BNA-ATL
2. BNA-IND
3. BNA-OMA
4. BNA-OKC

That's it. I don't think they'll ever launch service to the California airports such as SJC, SFO, SMF, ONT, etc. How much more will WN realistically expand at BNA (considering it is smack dab in the middle between ATL and STL)?

SunsetLimited

Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:41 pm

I'd really like to see ULCC service on MSY-BNA to shake up the market a bit. The WN nonstop flights are jam packed, and if you book relatively close in, you're looking at $600 roundtrip, easily. I hope NK sets up shop in BNA soon and adds a daily nonstop.
Spread hope like fire.

Cubsrule

Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:35 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

I do think we are getting close to the "max out" point at BNA, the point where WN won't add any new destinations because they wouldn't be worth flying them out of BNA.

1. BNA-ATL
2. BNA-IND
3. BNA-OMA
4. BNA-OKC

That's it. I don't think they'll ever launch service to the California airports such as SJC, SFO, SMF, ONT, etc. How much more will WN realistically expand at BNA (considering it is smack dab in the middle between ATL and STL)?

How do BNA-OMA/OKC make more sense than BNA-SJC?

ADrum23

Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:46 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

1. BNA-ATL
2. BNA-IND
3. BNA-OMA
4. BNA-OKC

They are new destinations that haven't been served. SJC is fairly close to OAK and SFO, which are already served quite well out of BNA. Do you honestly think WN will launch BNA-SJC at some point?

Cubsrule

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:37 am

ADrum23 wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

1. BNA-ATL
2. BNA-IND
3. BNA-OMA
4. BNA-OKC

They are new destinations that haven't been served. SJC is fairly close to OAK and SFO, which are already served quite well out of BNA. Do you honestly think WN will launch BNA-SJC at some point?

It's more likely than BNA-OMA. OKC and OMA are small, stagnant stations. SJC is growing right now, and as Nashville's tech stature increases, the link makes more sense.

ADrum23

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:57 am

Cubsrule wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

It's more likely than BNA-OMA. OKC and OMA are small, stagnant stations. SJC is growing right now, and as Nashville's tech stature increases, the link makes more sense.

I guess, but SFO is only 40 minutes away. Could WN make it profitable enough?

southwest1675

Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:07 am

ADrum23 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

1. BNA-ATL
2. BNA-IND
3. BNA-OMA
4. BNA-OKC

PDEW data doesn't show bad numbers for SJC or SMF from BNA.

Cubsrule

Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:41 am

ADrum23 wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

I guess, but SFO is only 40 minutes away. Could WN make it profitable enough?

OAK and SFO seem to coexist just fine.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos