Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

southwest1675

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? Part 2

Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:58 am

AA is losing C13 and C14. They'll pick up C8, and start using C2 full time. Southwest is picking up C13 and C14. I hope this means some more additions at BNA from WN.

Jshank83

Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:21 am

What is the gate situation in Nashville? My fiancé lived there for 18 months recently so I flew in and out a fair amount but always was on WN and never did any exploring. She has since moved back to where I live. Do they have open gates or are they full? What is the expansion situation, if any? I tried to look on the site but it didn't say who had what gates, like some airport websites say. If I remember correctly, it seemed like some of the gates in C at the bend weren't in use but I can't really remember.

southwest1675

Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:37 am

Jshank83 wrote:
What is the gate situation in Nashville? My fiancé lived there for 18 months recently so I flew in and out a fair amount but always was on WN and never did any exploring. She has since moved back to where I live. Do they have open gates or are they full? What is the expansion situation, if any? I tried to look on the site but it didn't say who had what gates, like some airport websites say. If I remember correctly, it seemed like some of the gates in C at the bend weren't in use but I can't really remember.

Every gate is occupied except B11 now. Every gate also has a jetway. AA for some reason decided to leave C13 and C14 so WN came in and picked them up. They'll be in use by Southwest soon.

flymco753

Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:33 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

Every gate is occupied except B11 now. Every gate also has a jetway. AA for some reason decided to leave C13 and C14 so WN came in and picked them up. They'll be in use by Southwest soon.
B11 could be calling NK's name, that seems like the niche that could easily be filled at BNA. DTW would be definite, FLL would be good for connections, MCO would be good for leisure, DFW or IAH wouldn't be too bad for connections to Mexico and parts of the Western Caribbean. NK could do some interesting things with BNA, but if I had to make an educated guess it would start with 1x daily DTW (32S), 1x daily DFW (319) and 1x daily FLL (319). Maybe add an MCO 320 to that.

Jshank83

Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:47 pm

Are there any common use gates or is B11 it? Expansion plans? How soon could they have more gates? If B11 is all, they don't have much wiggle room. It seems like AA is one of the only airlines at BNA that I haven't seen expanding lately. Maybe they are pulling back some if they are cutting gates?

Cubsrule

Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:57 am

Jshank83 wrote:
Are there any common use gates or is B11 it? Expansion plans? How soon could they have more gates? If B11 is all, they don't have much wiggle room. It seems like AA is one of the only airlines at BNA that I haven't seen expanding lately. Maybe they are pulling back some if they are cutting gates?

I suspect (though I have not seen anything official) that A2 will be back to common use once the temporary IAB Is done because UA will shift back to something closer to their historical footprint. Keep in mind, too, that many of the common use gates see 3 flights per day or fewer, so there is space.

southwest1675

Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:46 am

Cubsrule wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

I suspect (though I have not seen anything official) that A2 will be back to common use once the temporary IAB Is done because UA will shift back to something closer to their historical footprint. Keep in mind, too, that many of the common use gates see 3 flights per day or fewer, so there is space.

C2 is also common use but will used permanently by AA since they're leaving C13 and C14 to Southwest. They'll also be operating out of C8 too. That gate didn't have a jetway for close to 20 years.

southwest1675

Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:27 pm

http://fox17.com/news/local/holiday-tra ... ng-airport

"We'll have some bigger news in September that relates to the expansion project." Interim IAB opens in Spring 2018. I do know BA has typically announced new US destinations around that time frame. I wonder if that quote has anything to do with gaining nonstop service across the pond.

Cubsrule

Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:31 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

C2 is also common use but will used permanently by AA since they're leaving C13 and C14 to Southwest. They'll also be operating out of C8 too. That gate didn't have a jetway for close to 20 years.

As of Tuesday, AA was still using C13. Are you certain this information is correct?

Jshank83

Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:28 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

As of Tuesday, AA was still using C13. Are you certain this information is correct?

As if today AA shows up as using C13 and C14 still. Maybe someone knows the timeline on IF they are leaving them?

southwest1675

Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:14 pm

I don't know the timeline, I'm thinking by the end of the summer. AA is gonna move into C8, and WN is getting 13 and 14 sometime in the near future.

flymco753

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:19 pm

RE: DTW, I am flying into BNA next Friday from DTW on the 7am DL flight and for an A320 so far it's 90% full, and those are all of the seats on the map that show assigned already excluding basic economy. I've been observing that this flight has been super full even oversold lately. This flight leaves too early for most connections so granted the flight might have a few connections but it's mostly O&D. Returning, I've seen that the 4 and 6pm departures from BNA are most popular for O&D. I've made a forecast and by 2020 the DTW/BNA city pair will reach over 1000 PDEW using past data and predictions due to the fullness of the current flights by the current airlines. I'm sure NK would get in on the deal, the thing is, where would they turn that plane at BNA?

Assuming NK uses an A320 (sharklets), it would arrive at BNA around say 8:55am from DTW, would it turn to DFW? IAH? MCO? FLL? BWI? ORD? than fly back to depart around 6:30/7-ish back to DTW.

DfwAussie

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:35 pm

flymco753 wrote:
RE: DTW, I am flying into BNA next Friday from DTW on the 7am DL flight and for an A320 so far it's 90% full, and those are all of the seats on the map that show assigned already excluding basic economy. I've been observing that this flight has been super full even oversold lately. This flight leaves too early for most connections so granted the flight might have a few connections but it's mostly O&D. Returning, I've seen that the 4 and 6pm departures from BNA are most popular for O&D. I've made a forecast and by 2020 the DTW/BNA city pair will reach over 1000 PDEW using past data and predictions due to the fullness of the current flights by the current airlines. I'm sure NK would get in on the deal, the thing is, where would they turn that plane at BNA?

Assuming NK uses an A320 (sharklets), it would arrive at BNA around say 8:55am from DTW, would it turn to DFW? IAH? MCO? FLL? BWI? ORD? than fly back to depart around 6:30/7-ish back to DTW.

IF Spirit came to BNA, I could see a flight to DFW. Maybe a Florida city, and perhaps DTW. On just about any route they fly, there are going to have at least two carriers to compete with (WN and all the rest). I have no idea if F9's model is working here. I would also be curious to see if B6 is working. I just don't fly to the destinations they serve.

flymco753

Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:09 pm

I have good news for BNA bad news for me, all flights direct from DTW-BNA tomorrow are either 100% full or oversold, so my A320 in the morning isn't happening so I'll be connecting via ATL, but I've observed for a while now that these flights have been leaving very full, so not only will PDEW continue to grow, another airline could take advantage of that, *hint NK.

flymco753

Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:25 pm

Question for anyone that might know and sorry if this is irrelevant to the thread, but where can I get ACI trading cards for BNA at the airport? ATL has them at the main help desk near security, does BNA have an information stand that carries them?

ADrum23

Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:01 pm

Nashville airport breaks passenger record by over 1 million.

http://wkrn.com/2017/07/24/nashville-airport-breaks-passenger-record-by-over-1-million/

At the rate they are going, they may break 20 million within a decade as opposed to the 2035 timeline they set.

AAvgeek744

Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:42 pm

flymco753 wrote:
I have good news for BNA bad news for me, all flights direct from DTW-BNA tomorrow are either 100% full or oversold, so my A320 in the morning isn't happening so I'll be connecting via ATL, but I've observed for a while now that these flights have been leaving very full, so not only will PDEW continue to grow, another airline could take advantage of that, *hint NK.

Are they flying anything smaller than a CR9 on that route now? I've noticed it's getting some mainline love recently.

southwest1675

Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:28 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

Are they flying anything smaller than a CR9 on that route now? I've noticed it's getting some mainline love recently.

It's mostly mainline. You'll see a CRJ do it every once in a while.

southwest1675

Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:29 pm

flymco753 wrote:
Question for anyone that might know and sorry if this is irrelevant to the thread, but where can I get ACI trading cards for BNA at the airport? ATL has them at the main help desk near security, does BNA have an information stand that carries them?

Check in the Info Center in Bag Claim, I think I've seen some Flying Aces Volunteers carrying them around.

flymco753

Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:00 am

southwest1675 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

They fly CRJ's daily between the cities, it varies from a -700 to a -900. Soon there will be 2 CRJ's, again varying from -700 to -900 on the pair. I don't think DL or WN will really respond to NK when they add DTW, NK could realistically fly a 321 and DL would at most fly a few 737's and a few 717's maybe an A321 and call it a day, while keeping frequency at 6x in the summer and 5x in the winter.

flymco753

Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:00 am

southwest1675 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

Check in the Info Center in Bag Claim, I think I've seen some Flying Aces Volunteers carrying them around.
Unfortunately, I've left empty handed.

southwest1675

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:29 am

flymco753 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

I do have one.

southwest1675

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:30 am

flymco753 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

They fly CRJ's daily between the cities, it varies from a -700 to a -900. Soon there will be 2 CRJ's, again varying from -700 to -900 on the pair. I don't think DL or WN will really respond to NK when they add DTW, NK could realistically fly a 321 and DL would at most fly a few 737's and a few 717's maybe an A321 and call it a day, while keeping frequency at 6x in the summer and 5x in the winter.

It's really just a matter of time before NK adds BNA.

flymco753

Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:34 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

I do have one.
I appreciate the info, I'll be back in a month or 2 to visit and get the trading card.

flymco753

Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:39 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

No doubt, like my statement above I really think NK could do an A321 on BNA-DTW in the summer, the thing that will have to be figured out is the timing of the flights, DTW-BNA will have to be in the morning and the return flight would have to be at some point after 4, hypothetically they could do a 9:45am departure from DTW and a 7pm departure from BNA, the plane could turn to FLL, MCO, DFW or IAH and return back.

AAvgeek744

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:23 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
I don't know the timeline, I'm thinking by the end of the summer. AA is gonna move into C8, and WN is getting 13 and 14 sometime in the near future.

Are the two C gates mentioned (13 and 14) the ones that had jet bridges removed for a period of time? I though I read WN was going to wind up with 12 gates once the shuffle is done.

AAvgeek744

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:27 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

I would agree. DFW and DTW seem like no-brainers. Not sure which on FLL or MCO. Both have WN and one other carrier. I know MCO on F9 isn't daily. Not sure if DL still does the Saturday CR9 flight.

southwest1675

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:51 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

Are the two C gates mentioned (13 and 14) the ones that had jet bridges removed for a period of time? I though I read WN was going to wind up with 12 gates once the shuffle is done.

Yeah C Concourse was missing some jetways. Now they're all occupied.

AAvgeek744

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:45 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

Yeah C Concourse was missing some jetways. Now they're all occupied.

Thanks for the FYI.

ADrum23

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:12 pm

I wonder which portion of the "BNA Vision" project will be implemented next?

Personally, I think they should get going on the Concourse A/Permanent IAB and the expansion/renovation of the lobby/baggage/ticketing areas. Those are the most imminent needs right now IMO.

southwest1675

Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:54 am

ADrum23 wrote:

Personally, I think they should get going on the Concourse A/Permanent IAB and the expansion/renovation of the lobby/baggage/ticketing areas. Those are the most imminent needs right now IMO.

That's what I believe will happen.

Ramprat212

Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:05 am

ADrum23 wrote:

Yeah I think they will start the expansion of the lobby and ticketing area's next, however with the money they are putting up for the temporary IAB area I don't think they will start the concourse A renovation for awhile.

ADrum23

Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:45 pm

Ramprat212 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Yeah I think they will start the expansion of the lobby and ticketing area's next, however with the money they are putting up for the temporary IAB area I don't think they will start the concourse A renovation for awhile.

How much money are they putting up for the temporary IAB? Is it really going to be that nice? If they want to get going on recruiting at TPAC flight (one of their stated goals), they will need to build the permanent IAB with the 5-6 gates they are planning on having before any TPAC flight comes to BNA.

I guess the Concourse D project could get going, since it is an inactive concourse and it wouldn't cause any disruption to the current operations. But the Lobby/Ticketing/Security areas needs to be the top priority IMO.

southwest1675

Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:31 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
Ramprat212 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

How much money are they putting up for the temporary IAB? Is it really going to be that nice? If they want to get going on recruiting at TPAC flight (one of their stated goals), they will need to build the permanent IAB with the 5-6 gates they are planning on having before any TPAC flight comes to BNA.

I guess the Concourse D project could get going, since it is an inactive concourse and it wouldn't cause any disruption to the current operations. But the Lobby/Ticketing/Security areas needs to be the top priority IMO.

The temp IAB's main goal is to at least get one TPAC flight. Probably that London link.

joeljack

Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:52 pm

What are the 5-10 largest domestic O/D airport in the US without nonstop service to Nashville? Is OMA one of them? In last 3 years, WN has added 6 new nonstop destinations from OMA. With Nashville growing like crazy and no nonstop on this route, I wonder if this is a plausible new WN route in next 1-2 years? At only 613 miles, it is sort of a sweet spot in flight length for WN....too long to drive, and not too long where it uses too much fuel.

jbpdx

Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:38 pm

No nonstops Nashville-Portland.

southwest1675

Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:40 pm

joeljack wrote:
What are the 5-10 largest domestic O/D airport in the US without nonstop service to Nashville? Is OMA one of them? In last 3 years, WN has added 6 new nonstop destinations from OMA. With Nashville growing like crazy and no nonstop on this route, I wonder if this is a plausible new WN route in next 1-2 years? At only 613 miles, it is sort of a sweet spot in flight length for WN....too long to drive, and not too long where it uses too much fuel.

This is a route I can see being added. PDEW data shows a flight would work.

southwest1675

Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:41 pm

jbpdx wrote:

Just waiting for Alaska or Southwest to start it.

jbpdx

Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:15 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
jbpdx wrote:

But Southwest seems to be constricting in PDX, except to California. They're dropping ABQ and cutting HOU. And Alaska can't do it all from Portland, unfortunately.

jplatts

Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:47 pm

jbpdx wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
jbpdx wrote:

But Southwest seems to be constricting in PDX, except to California. They're dropping ABQ and cutting HOU. And Alaska can't do it all from Portland, unfortunately.

Southwest still has nonstop flights from PDX to LAS, PHX, DEN, DAL, MCI, STL, and MDW, even though Southwest will be reducing PDX-PHX to 3 daily nonstops and PDX-MDW to 2 daily nonstops starting on August 15th.

ADrum23

Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:11 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
Ramprat212 wrote:

The temp IAB's main goal is to at least get one TPAC flight. Probably that London link.

TPAC means trans-pacific, London is TATL. One of their stated goals is to land a direct flight to Tokyo eventually, and that won't happen until they build the permanent IAB. The interim facility may get BNA by enough to land BA to LHR (long overdue) and maybe DL to CDG or CON to FRA, but they'll need to build better facilities for TPAC flights. Since it will take a lot longer to recruit TPAC flights, the sooner they start construction on the permanent Concourse A/IAB building, the better.

ADrum23

Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:23 pm

jplatts wrote:
jbpdx wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

Southwest still has nonstop flights from PDX to LAS, PHX, DEN, DAL, MCI, STL, and MDW, even though Southwest will be reducing PDX-PHX to 3 daily nonstops and PDX-MDW to 2 daily nonstops starting on August 15th.

It is only a matter of time before WN or AS starts BNA-PDX. That seems to be the last major west coast city that Nashville does not have a direct flight to. I read somewhere that a nonstop to PDX is a top priority for BNA.

I also think WN will eventually upgrade the seasonal BNA-SEA flight to year round (frankly, I am surprised it has not happened already, considering DL and AS already have year round service from BNA-SEA).

After they land Portland though, I wonder what other domestic destinations BNA will try to land? Or will they shift the majority of their attention to International flights?

Last thought, I am surprised AA has not increased service from BNA to compete with DL and UA. I wonder if we will see new AA service soon (perhaps BNA-PHX, BNA-MIA?).

Jshank83

Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:43 pm

ADrum23 wrote:

Last thought, I am surprised AA has not increased service from BNA to compete with DL and UA. I wonder if we will see new AA service soon (perhaps BNA-PHX, BNA-MIA?).

AA already flies from BNA-MIA. They are upgrading one of the 3 daily flights to mainline on August 22.

southwest1675

Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:33 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
jplatts wrote:
jbpdx wrote:

It is only a matter of time before WN or AS starts BNA-PDX. That seems to be the last major west coast city that Nashville does not have a direct flight to. I read somewhere that a nonstop to PDX is a top priority for BNA.

I also think WN will eventually upgrade the seasonal BNA-SEA flight to year round (frankly, I am surprised it has not happened already, considering DL and AS already have year round service from BNA-SEA).

After they land Portland though, I wonder what other domestic destinations BNA will try to land? Or will they shift the majority of their attention to International flights?

Reason why AA hasn't added PHX, is because those LAX flights do so well, they figure a PHX flight would jeopardize it for the west coast connections apparently. I don't see why they couldn't do it though.

southwest1675

Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:38 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
jplatts wrote:
jbpdx wrote:

After PDX, I'd like to see ABQ.

jbpdx

Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:09 am

ADrum23 wrote:

It is only a matter of time before WN or AS starts BNA-PDX.

I wouldn't hold my breath for WN or AS.

AAvgeek744

Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:51 am

southwest1675 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
jplatts wrote:

After PDX, I'd like to see ABQ.

I could have sworn a few years ago WN was looking at BNA-ABQ, apparently not. It would make sense. I can't decide between AS and WN on the PDX flight.

Midwestindy

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:01 am

AAvgeek744 wrote:

I could have sworn a few years ago WN was looking at BNA-ABQ, apparently not. It would make sense. I can't decide between AS and WN on the PDX flight.

AS seems more likely, at least to me. Looking at AS they have said they wanted to open up 30 new routes in the next 6 months, and PDX is supposedly going to be a large portion of that expansion, so it wouldn't shock me to see BNA-PDX on AS. WN on the other hand hasn't made any similar claims about expanding out of PDX, so that's why I see AS over WN. However, that is just my opinion, and I wouldn't be shocked if WN added PDX-BNA before AS...

ADrum23

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:40 am

Jshank83 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

AA already flies from BNA-MIA. They are upgrading one of the 3 daily flights to mainline on August 22.

Interesting. I see that on the website (it actually starts August 23), but do you have a source where they announced that? And will it be seasonal or year round?

I always thought AA should have more mainline service out of BNA. I'd like to see them run a daily mainline between BNA and ORD as well, and BNA-LGA too (thought that probably wouldn't happen until the LaGuardia reconstruction is finished sometime next decade).

ADrum23

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:46 am

Midwestindy wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

AS seems more likely, at least to me. Looking at AS they have said they wanted to open up 30 new routes in the next 6 months, and PDX is supposedly going to be a large portion of that expansion, so it wouldn't shock me to see BNA-PDX on AS. WN on the other hand hasn't made any similar claims about expanding out of PDX, so that's why I see AS over WN. However, that is just my opinion, and I wouldn't be shocked if WN added PDX-BNA before AS...

I agree. Any future BNA-PDX flight (and IND-PDX for that matter, I could see that happening pretty soon as well) will likely start with AS. I was only suggesting Southwest since BNA is a focus city for them, and they tend to get the new routes before other airlines do (at BNA, that is).

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos