Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

greenair727

Re: What's Going In CLE - Part 14

Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:49 pm

SgtBarone wrote:
Greenair727 wrote:
Did the city of Cleveland go through with the $90M or so deal to buy the some private parking lots on Snow Road?

I don't think so. See the below quote from a Plain Dealer article back in July 2015:

"Plans to buy the two lots [Airport Fast Park and Park Place] now appear to have stalled. [Ricky] Smith has said in recent months that the airport still intends to buy the lots, which have a combined 6,100 spaces. But the airport has not sought bonding authority for the purchase, which got city council clearance in October 2013."

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ss ... cleve.html

I couldn't find anything more recent following-up on this.

If that's the case, the airport is certainly LOSING money by having insufficient parking capacity at the airport. Parking is a no-brainer for easy revenue at airports.... I'm glad Ricky Smith has left. I hope Robert Kennedy understands things better and re-builds the long-term garage which the airport sorely needs. It will pay for itself in a few years, and will support continued O&D growth and air service at the airport, which in turn will pay down the existing debt further.

greenair727

Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:52 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
Either way though, CLE will likely see a YUL flight in the near future.

Who would operate this? AC? Pascan? Westjet? Delta?

izbtmnhd

Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:00 pm

flyPIT wrote:
izbtmnhd wrote:
I don't blame the ACAA for trying to attract as much service a possible but the jury is out whether all those flights will survive.

In the case of WOW Air forward bookings exceeded expectations that they increased capacity before the service even began. This additional capacity was beyond what the subsidy required. In the case of Condor they will be doubling capacity next year. Double what their subsidy agreement called for. So I don't see any problem with those two routes not only surviving but being very successful. In fact the only subsidized route from PIT I can see having problems post-subsidy is the QR Cargo route if they don't get some long term shippers lined up.

It's great they expanded beyond what the subsidy was to designed to support but if ACAA pulled the subsidy would these airlines still operate the route? I don't know. Only DL operates a TATL flight from PIT without financial aid anymore.

PIT-YUL isn't really international despite Indy lumping it there. If a route operated by an RJ needs financial aid it probably doesn't have much high yielding O&D to begin with. It almost feels like a bad EAS subsidy. Much like the short life of PD at PIT, I don't think YUL will operate after the subsidy expires. No proof, just a hunch.

izbtmnhd

Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:06 pm

greenair727 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

I don't think CLE-YUL is coming unless the city wants to pay for it. AC wants to route almost all Midwest int'l traffic through YYZ.

If the city is going to pay for North American routes, I'd rather them get AS to start year-round SEA/PDX.

flyPIT

Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:19 pm

izbtmnhd wrote:
PIT-YUL isn't really international despite Indy lumping it there. If a route operated by an RJ needs financial aid it probably doesn't have much high yielding O&D to begin with. It almost feels like a bad EAS subsidy. Much like the short life of PD at PIT, I don't think YUL will operate after the subsidy expires. No proof, just a hunch.

I think a distinction should be made between a route that "needs" financial aid to survive and one that was given financial aid to start operations in a city vs competing cities (a tie breaker of sorts). In the case of the latter the route probably does fine even without the financial support. Airlines have stated they want their subsidized routes to perform well long term without a subsidy and I firmly believe that to be true. In the case of AC's PIT-YUL the subsidy is so small and for marketing only that I believe the route would be fine without it. Int'l connections, business ties with Bombardier and Alcoa, and a great destination in its own right. I don't see why PIT-YUL won't be around long term. Same for CLE-YUL (after it starts). One thing the YUL-PIT route has going for it is hockey. Reportedly Porter's PIT flights were sold out around the Penguins home games. Considering what a hockey crazed city Montreal is I don't see why it would be any different.

SgtBarone

Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:35 pm

izbtmnhd wrote:
greenair727 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

I don't think CLE-YUL is coming unless the city wants to pay for it. AC wants to route almost all Midwest int'l traffic through YYZ.

If the city is going to pay for North American routes, I'd rather them get AS to start year-round SEA/PDX.

Agreed. I would love to see AS begin daily, year-round service to SEA and even just seasonal service to PDX and SAN to start with.

SgtBarone

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:08 pm

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... expressjet

This could be good news for CLE, especially since it's home to crew and maintenance bases for EV and is one of their most served cities.

masseybrown

Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:05 am

flyPIT wrote:
izbtmnhd wrote:
In the case of AC's PIT-YUL the subsidy is so small and for marketing only that I believe the route would be fine without it. Int'l connections, business ties with Bombardier and Alcoa, and a great destination in its own right.

If buying a flight to YUL played any part in recovering the Alcoa headquarters, $50K was a bargain and PIT should have bought 2.

flyPIT

Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:03 am

masseybrown wrote:
If buying a flight to YUL played any part in recovering the Alcoa headquarters, $50K was a bargain and PIT should have bought 2.
Excellent point.

masseybrown

Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:52 am

Numbers for Ultimate at BKL are for the trailing twelve months through Aug 17 17,341 - up 38.4% over 12,533 for the whole year 2016

greenair727

Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:33 am

^Why doesn't Ultimate do a 2 or 3x daily BKL-MDW? Chicago is CLE's #1 city pair---and the service being at BKL would really stand out. Do they not have enough equipment? or more focused on expanding LUK?

Robert1010

Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:38 pm

I think DL should try SEA-CLE-CDG , think it would work ( possibly seasonal) Same with PIT , not sure where the PIT-CDG 757 rotates from, think JFK !

SgtBarone

Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:07 pm

DL 8869 (an A333) carrying the Green Bay Packers is scheduled to land at CLE at 4:11 PM:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL8 ... /KGRB/KCLE

masseybrown

Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:41 pm

greenair727 wrote:
^Why doesn't Ultimate do a 2 or 3x daily BKL-MDW? Chicago is CLE's #1 city pair---and the service being at BKL would really stand out. Do they not have enough equipment? or more focused on expanding LUK?

Ultimate experienced a decline in LUK-MDW traffic after WN began MDW-CVG service and cut back flying from double daily to one flight . I think they are a little more gun-shy about starting BKL-MDW than they were a year ago.

They fly LUK-MDW in the morning and back again in the afternoon. They might try flying LUK-MDW-BKL and back in the afternoon (because of the time zone difference it's easy to time that routing nicely), but they would probably have better luck with a morning BKL-MDW flight. That, however, would require another plane. I don't know what happened to their plans to use Chicago Executive Field instead of Midway. Chicago Executive (not far from Ohare) would give them an exclusive destinations at both ends of the route; but maybe the demand just isn't there.

Another problem for Ultimate is cheap fuel has kept smaller RJs flying; they're not as cheap on the used market as they had been. Added to the fact the Atlanta route isn't doing as well as hoped, it may be a tough time for Ultimate. BKL-LUK really is their only star performer.

greenair727

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:51 pm

^I hope Ultimate isn't basing in its BKL-MDW thoughts on their Cincy experience--For Chicago, CLE is a much bigger market than Cincinnati and WN is ALREADY in the market so Ultimately wouldn't be impacted by a new player. For 2017Q2 Daily pax both directions combined for cleveland-chicago (all airports on both sides): 1280. For Cincinnati-Chicago: 660. The Cincy market is 1/2 of Cleveland's. If its an equipment issue, they would probably make more money overall if the pulled a plane from a LUK-xxx route and operated BKL-MDW 3x or 4x daily roundtrip. They can't do what they did on the CLE-Jersey route (which they called "NYC")--which required at LEAST ONE overnight stay and operated only 3x week.

masseybrown

Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:53 pm

Delta's current version of next summer's schedule doesn't show any new flights for CLE, but it does include bigger planes. No more 50-seaters, all the RJ's are CR9's. All MD-90's to ATL, 3 717's to MSP and 2 717's to DTW. All in, that's a nice capacity increase.

plinth857

Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:43 pm

SgtBarone wrote:
DL 8869 (an A333) carrying the Green Bay Packers is scheduled to land at CLE at 4:11 PM:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL8 ... /KGRB/KCLE

I saw that on Sunday when I landed from DTW. What a nice looking aircraft to see at CLE.

ncflyer

Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:45 pm

I didn't notice this one until recently but AA is flying 2 full big jets to PHL right now, I assume A319 but not sure. Gotta accept our small victories. On the other hand only one big jet to CLT, I'm really surprised about this one during snow season--- I think many people would prefer changing in CLT over ATL.

On another note, http://www.cleveland.com/travel/index.s ... l#comments, for those of you interested in what cities PD readers would like to see served. The travel writer has put up a request for comments on desirable new routes out of CLE.

csizmpl

Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:53 am

AA has been flying 2 - E190's a day CLE to PHL since August. There have been a couple of instances where they've subbed A319's at the last minute.

plinth857

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:20 am

ncflyer wrote:
I didn't notice this one until recently but AA is flying 2 full big jets to PHL right now, I assume A319 but not sure. Gotta accept our small victories. On the other hand only one big jet to CLT, I'm really surprised about this one during snow season--- I think many people would prefer changing in CLT over ATL.

Connections in PHL used to cost an unusually large sum compared to connections elsewhere, in my observations. They have fallen considerably (though still higher), so perhaps this explains some of the upgauging... shuffling some of their capacity.

masseybrown

Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:29 am

CLE is #2 in air cargo export growth according to:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenroberts ... 43947a126a

chrisjake

Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:55 pm

^^^ I wonder if the Amazon fulfillment centers being built in Cleveland will push those numbers higher?

Speaking of Amazon, anyone know what determines their Prime Air 767 destinations?

greenair727

Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:16 pm

Interesting. Are computer chips and cell phones made in Cleveland? And, since we're ranked #2 for growth, does this mean that the Cleveland economy is finally taking off? [aviation pun intended.]

From the article, for reference:
2. Cleveland's Hopkins International Airport's exports have grown $3.64 billion this year.

Civilian aircraft and parts rose 29.01% compared to last year to $4.86 billion.
Computer chips rose 7.21% to $2.42 billion.
Cell phones rose 11.99% to $1.34 billion.
Plasma, other blood "fractions" and vaccines rose 182.8% to $1.18 billion.
Orthopedic appliances rose 7.89% to $1.09 billion.

HPAEAA

Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:00 pm

greenair727 wrote:
Interesting. Are computer chips and cell phones made in Cleveland? And, since we're ranked #2 for growth, does this mean that the Cleveland economy is finally taking off? [aviation pun intended.]

From the article, for reference:
2. Cleveland's Hopkins International Airport's exports have grown $3.64 billion this year.

Civilian aircraft and parts rose 29.01% compared to last year to $4.86 billion.
Computer chips rose 7.21% to $2.42 billion.
Cell phones rose 11.99% to $1.34 billion.
Plasma, other blood "fractions" and vaccines rose 182.8% to $1.18 billion.
Orthopedic appliances rose 7.89% to $1.09 billion.

I'm not sure about full assembly of cell phones, but there are a number of specialized manufacturing companies in NE Ohio which produce computer boards, chips and other parts. I seem to recall something a few years back about one of them providing parts to the China High Speed rail trains that were being built.

VetteDude

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:04 pm

I've gotta say, I was at the airport trying to catch a flight on Wednesday night - during the huge snow storm, and CLE ops were moving along just fine like a well-oiled machine. I think Kennedy has really done wonders at the airport. All of the delays (including mine) seemed to be from inbound flights being delayed. Once on the ground in CLE everything kept moving and deicing ops was working great. I also appreciated all the little Christmas decorations throughout the airport - it's a really nice touch that makes the airport look nicer.

On another note, during my delay I walked through all 3 concourses. Obviously B is good enough especially where Southwest has renovated and C, especially by the banjo, is quite nice, but A, where I haven't even gone down in years, is terrible now. Seriously feels like a different airport - almost like a greyhound station with all the ULCC passengers. Nothing against ULCC's, but they just create a totally different (and IMO unpleasant) atmosphere.

N766UA

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:40 pm

VetteDude wrote:
I've gotta say, I was at the airport trying to catch a flight on Wednesday night - during the huge snow storm, and CLE ops were moving along just fine like a well-oiled machine. I think Kennedy has really done wonders at the airport. All of the delays (including mine) seemed to be from inbound flights being delayed. Once on the ground in CLE everything kept moving and deicing ops was working great. I also appreciated all the little Christmas decorations throughout the airport - it's a really nice touch that makes the airport look nicer.

On another note, during my delay I walked through all 3 concourses. Obviously B is good enough especially where Southwest has renovated and C, especially by the banjo, is quite nice, but A, where I haven't even gone down in years, is terrible now. Seriously feels like a different airport - almost like a greyhound station with all the ULCC passengers. Nothing against ULCC's, but they just create a totally different (and IMO unpleasant) atmosphere.

You’re not wrong. I’ve consistently noticed a marked difference around F9 and NK gates. People are noticably more poorly dressed, loud, and ill-mannered. Multiply that two-fold for an LAS flight.

masseybrown

Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:26 pm

masseybrown wrote:
CLE is #2 in air cargo export growth according to:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenroberts ... 43947a126a

The irony here is, of course, CLE has no dedicated international freight service. While the cargo can check in in the CLE interntional trade zone, it generally gets trucked to other airports. At least CLE now has a story to tell, maybe someone will listen.

greenair727

Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:46 pm

^Is that how its calculated? From my understanding, its not an FTZ element, rather the freight must board an aircraft (cargo [e.g., UPS since we lack big dedicated cargo companies] or in the belly of passenger flight) at Hopkins--and not at BKL or the Port which are part of the same Cleveland FTZ 40--or via truck somewhere. I think it has to board a plane at Hopkins. Otherwise, what makes it "Air Cargo" vs other types which are also measured. That said, i hope the folks at Port Control are using this to get some cargo carriers in Cleveland.....Columbus--Rickenbacher, I think--is kicking CLE's butt in this area.

masseybrown

Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:12 am

^My understanding is that if the cargo is delivered to an airline (within the FTZ) and then trucked by the airline to a POE, it counted as a CLE origination for statistical purposes

I could be wrong, of course. Any freight guys have the answer?

greenair727

Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:34 am

^Hmmmm.. perhaps---yes, any freight folks, please chime in.

On another topic, I just came across this:

"Airmall Cleveland has received a five-year contract to continue to provide support for the retail concessions programme at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. The company will provide design, construction, lease, and management services for all retail and food and beverage stores at all terminals of the airport. Construction work at the airport will commence in January 2019 and continue until 2024."

http://www.airport-technology.com/news/ ... d-avianca/

The article seems to jump around a bit---is the construction referring to CLE or EWR (mentioned later in the article)? If CLE, what exactly is the project?

fun2fly

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:13 pm

UA added a 4th flight to DEN this summer at 5:45AM. It's the most capacity I can remember on the route. 1x E175, 2x 320, 1x 73G.

SgtBarone

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:55 pm

Last week CLE opened their new Snow Removal Equipment Facility. Is this an existing building that they repurposed or a new build? I'm guessing they won't have to house the snow equipment outside of Concourse D anymore.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcuhKH4hoxC/

plinth857

Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:06 pm

fun2fly wrote:
UA added a 4th flight to DEN this summer at 5:45AM. It's the most capacity I can remember on the route. 1x E175, 2x 320, 1x 73G.

Yes, and the E175 sure beats a CRJ-700 for a route of that distance.

ncflyer

Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:40 pm

Small victories. . . . (well I guess two carriers to Iceland was a bigger victory this year). This is what the CLE chat board is amounting to unfortunately. We will take it.

From Eniliria's post looks like DEN is getting some frequency adds this summer, it's nice to be on the receiving end of that. Maybe UA is striking before the seemingly promised service to SLC is announced. Haha I'm not holding my breath over that one. . . .

CLEguy

Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:01 pm

All the baggage screening devices are finally out of the main terminal. Also, the empty ticket counter space (next to AA and between AC and WN) have new (rather cheap looking) counters and big blue plastic signs with the airport logo and Cleveland written on them on the wall behind. Wonder if that's just for aesthetics or if they are actually going to use them for something. Wonder where Wow and Icelandair will operate out of-I'd prefer WN's former ticket counter right next to the Central security checkpoint.

SgtBarone

Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:09 pm

^ Glad to hear they are gone. I was there on Wednesday for my flight to RSW and while the inline baggage system was fully operational, the screening machines were still in the ticketing lobby. This will free up a nice chunk of floor space.

fun2fly

Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:18 pm

SgtBarone wrote:
^ Glad to hear they are gone. I was there on Wednesday for my flight to RSW and while the inline baggage system was fully operational, the screening machines were still in the ticketing lobby. This will free up a nice chunk of floor space.

Back to 2001!!

For WOW and Iceland, if they use A due to customs, I sure hope that CLE fixes part of A up to welcome any visitors.

The snow removal garage is kind of a big deal for CLE ops. I'm surprised more wasn't made of it. I am sure it was mandated due to past snafus, not because Frank wanted it.

masseybrown

Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:45 pm

ncflyer wrote:
Small victories. . . . This is what the CLE chat board is amounting to unfortunately. We will take it.

If the CLE thread has gotten boring lately (and it has), the September numbers may be the reason why. While total domestic boardingsfor CLE continued to rise from 341,763 to 363,380, the results for individual airlines are spottier.

9/17 boardings and L/F 9/16 boardings and L/F

G4 5,279 (70.33%) No service in 2016
F9 53,664 (75.69%) 37,343 (86.83%)
B6 10,774 (85.36%) 11,378 (86.31%)
WN 60,241 (84.80%) 55,879 (85.09%)
NK 28,177 (81.40%) 29,767 (82.54%)

While G4 had no service last year, their boardings drop from 8/17 was huge - 5,279 vs 11,594 in the previous month coupled with a 7% drop in L/F. Of interest, WN's September boardings virtually matched UA mainline boardings (60,241 vs UA's 60,616). For the second straight month, there was no data update for BKL or LUK.

September's numbers may indicate at least a temporary plateau for CLE's growth curve since the summer of '14. It will be interesting to see how the Icelanders do, they may draw some connecting feed from the LCC's.

Jshank83

Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:05 pm

masseybrown wrote:
ncflyer wrote:
Small victories. . . . This is what the CLE chat board is amounting to unfortunately. We will take it.

If the CLE thread has gotten boring lately (and it has), the September numbers may be the reason why. While total domestic boardingsfor CLE continued to rise from 341,763 to 363,380, the results for individual airlines are spottier.

9/17 boardings and L/F 9/16 boardings and L/F

G4 5,279 (70.33%) No service in 2016
F9 53,664 (75.69%) 37,343 (86.83%)
B6 10,774 (85.36%) 11,378 (86.31%)
WN 60,241 (84.80%) 55,879 (85.09%)
NK 28,177 (81.40%) 29,767 (82.54%)

While G4 had no service last year, their boardings drop from 8/17 was huge - 5,279 vs 11,594 in the previous month coupled with a 7% drop in L/F. Of interest, WN's September boardings virtually matched UA mainline boardings (60,241 vs UA's 60,616). For the second straight month, there was no data update for BKL or LUK.

September's numbers may indicate at least a temporary plateau for CLE's growth curve since the summer of '14. It will be interesting to see how the Icelanders do, they may draw some connecting feed from the LCC's.

Lots of airports were far down from normal in September due to the hurricanes. I am guessing the ULCCs had the biggest hit. I would throw September numbers out.

csizmpl

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:10 am

For those that love to see the bare metal AA 'Mad Dogs'/MD-80's they're back on the CLE-DFW mainline run. The MD-80's started on the 15th and at the moment the schedule shows them through November 2018.

jubguy3

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:47 am

For anybody wondering, I can't post the report here but CLE is one of SLC's top unserved markets, behind Pittsburgh, Columbus, and Lihue. I would expect service to CLE from SLC soon.

VetteDude

Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:13 am

Thanks for posting the numbers, Massey. I can't believe how big F9 is now and I'm very happy that WN continues to grow slowly but surely. Any word on how CLE-MKE is doing for them? I've flown it once with pretty light loads in each direction; Hopefully that was a fluke, I'd like it to stick around for good.

greenair727

Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:48 am

jubguy3 wrote:
For anybody wondering, I can't post the report here but CLE is one of SLC's top unserved markets, behind Pittsburgh, Columbus, and Lihue. I would expect service to CLE from SLC soon.

On DL?

jubguy3

Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:32 am

greenair727 wrote:
jubguy3 wrote:

On DL?

I would assume so, SLC is a Delta hub and Southwest doesn't have a significant enough of an operation to fit CLE into its portfolio at SLC. I don't know who else would operate it.

Right now SLC is undergoing a terminal expansion project and the regional jet concourse has been partially demolished to make room for the terminal; remote stand buses are being brought in to help meet capacity (the airport has a design capacity of 12m, currently handles 24m). I think this might be a limiting factor considering that the flight would most likely be on delta connection. Simply put DL has had to put expansion at SLC on hold until the TRP is complete which could prevent them from adding SLC as opposed to putting capacity into MSP for example.

I don't work for DL so I have no idea if or when the flight will commence. This is speculation on my part.

plinth857

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:34 pm

Contract Air Cargo flight 9845 is en route to CLE right now (7:30 AM EST 12/19)... a 727! I would love to see that... haven't seen one in years!

masseybrown

Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:56 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Lots of airports were far down from normal in September due to the hurricanes. I am guessing the ULCCs had the biggest hit. I would throw September numbers out.

Good thought. Using airport data, CLE counts were much higher in October, compared to September (about 816K vs ~730K), a bigger month-over-month increase than typical in other years.

CLEguy

Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:35 am

masseybrown wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

Good thought. Using airport data, CLE counts were much higher in October, compared to September (about 816K vs ~730K), a bigger month-over-month increase than typical in other years.

Maybe I've asked before, but where do you find this level of data?

masseybrown

Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:11 am

CLEguy wrote:
masseybrown wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

The Cleveland sourced data is from the airport's press releases; CLE seems to have stopped regularly updating their "facts and figures" page. The DoT data is from, um, DoT. :smile: The monthly breaks by carrier can be found here:

https://www.transtats.bts.gov/Data_Elements.aspx?Data=1

CLEguy

Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:57 pm

masseybrown wrote:
CLEguy wrote:
masseybrown wrote:

The Cleveland sourced data is from the airport's press releases; CLE seems to have stopped regularly updating their "facts and figures" page. The DoT data is from, um, DoT. :smile: The monthly breaks by carrier can be found here:

https://www.transtats.bts.gov/Data_Elements.aspx?Data=1

Thanks. I also found this site but it only lists the top 5 airlines per airport. Also, I must have missed CLE's news release with the October figures. Thanks again!

https://www.transtats.bts.gov/airports.asp?pn=1

krod031

Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:02 pm

WN Adds Sunday only CLE-MSY service starting 3/11/18, looks to be only for a few weeks.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos