StuckinCMHland

Re: What's Going In CLE - Part 14

Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:02 pm

VetteDude wrote:
Regarding Akron and Cleveland working together, I've actually thought quite a bit about a region-wide airport, and my conclusion is that even if leaders wanted to, and could get the capital too, it still isn't a good project. There isn't much area to put a greenfield airport in between the cities, except maybe Richfield. The Coliseum back in the day tried to merge the Akron and Cleveland regions, and didn't really work. 77 would become an even bigger pain than it is. And, worst of all, it would actually inconvenience more people than the current situation of having 2 airports. A greenfield airport between the cities would inconvenience Canton travelers (furthur away than CAK), and it would really inconvenience downtown and west side travelers. The only people would would benefit are us east siders who could hop on 271. Plus, even with CAK dying off and cut to the bone, there are still people who will defend it until their final breath (especially on Cleveland.com).

If we really wanted a radical idea, I'd be in favor of tearing down the I-X center and building a modern O+D focused terminal there, kind of like what MSY is doing. The city would never go for that though, it would require a huge relocation of all the support buildings south of the current terminal, plus it would move the terminal even further away from the rental cars.

A and B aren't going to last forever, and C and D are undoubtedly our best concourses, so my wish is the city would bite the bullet, build the C-D connector parallel to the terminal exit road (would add a few more mainline capable gates), then move the ULCCs to D, widen C dramatically to both (1) increase seating in the waiting areas and (2) add moving walkways to get to the banjo quickly since it is apparent United will be staying there in perpetuity, then do whatever with vacant A. The backside of D (hardstands) is useless without a hub, so I'm sure renovations could add some mainline gates. It's a shame that building is rotting away right now; our newest concourse sitting abandoned. What a mess...

What a great post, and you are absolutely right. CAK is a good airport to fly out of, and A and B and CLE is somewhat akin to walking through a medieval castle. That D concourse will not last long it is not used, but is there anyone in Cuyahoga County local government that has any vision of the future, or even cares about CLE?

lakeeffect

Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:59 am

masseybrown wrote:
8.42 million pax for 2016, up almost 4%, according to:
http://www.cleveland.com/travel/index.s ... iver_index

The final number is kind of disappointing after such a hot start early in the year. Capacity increases slowed, as did traffic growth in the second half. The region probably needs to see increased per capita income to sustain the growth since the traffic is now so heavily O&D.

I figured the last two months of the year would show the growth halting as capacity stagnated. With that said Allegiant starts CLE service next week, F9 adds many new destinations in April, NK begins daily MSY, and WN consolidates CAK operations at CLE in June. That should fuel passenger growth again in 2017.

Robert1010

Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:30 pm

lakeeffect wrote:
masseybrown wrote:
8.42 million pax for 2016, up almost 4%, according to:
http://www.cleveland.com/travel/index.s ... iver_index

The final number is kind of disappointing after such a hot start early in the year. Capacity increases slowed, as did traffic growth in the second half. The region probably needs to see increased per capita income to sustain the growth since the traffic is now so heavily O&D.

I figured the last two months of the year would show the growth halting as capacity stagnated. With that said Allegiant starts CLE service next week, F9 adds many new destinations in April, NK begins daily MSY, and WN consolidates CAK operations at CLE in June. That should fuel passenger growth again in 2017.

I wonder if any other airlines will follow? I can see Delta or maybe AA moving to CLE ,I would think if one more airline indeed does..........the rest will eventually follow!

masseybrown

Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:43 pm

lakeeffect wrote:
That [recent service addition announcements] should fuel passenger growth again in 2017.

We've probably already heard about most of what's new for this year (about 10 dailies?), which aggregate to about 1500 seats a day, or maybe 270,000 seats annualized (the flights averaging ~180 days of operation). This isn't bad, I guess, given all the comments about limiting capacity growth in the Q4 earnings conf. calls; but it's not going to get the airport over 9 million without higher average load factors.

Different topic: I wonder if AA's additional flight to MIA is all cruise traffic or if it includes Cleveland Clinic business. In my experience, the road from FLL to the hospital in Weston is a nightmare and probably worse at peak times of day than driving the extra 10-15 miles from MIA.

chrisjake

Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:25 pm

^^^
The legacy carriers won't leave CAK. There will always be a market at CAK for their RJ's to feed their hubs. The leisure carriers are another story. I actually wonder how long Spirit will stay in CAK.

lakeeffect

Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:37 pm

chrisjake wrote:
^^^
The legacy carriers won't leave CAK. There will always be a market at CAK for their RJ's to feed their hubs. The leisure carriers are another story. I actually wonder how long Spirit will stay in CAK.

It looks like Spirit is already trimming CAK flights from Enilria's OAG thread.

Fares at CAK have been quite low ever since Airtran came in a couple decades ago and really developed service at the airport. The legacies were forced to price match which in turn stimulated demand. With Allegiant stopping service at CAK in a few days and the final WN flight to ATL in June, the legacies will no longer have to match the fares that FL/WN set in the market. This will certainly make the legacy airline CAK flights more profitable as fares will rise. The question is whether consumers are willing to pay more than they had in the past to use CAK? That will determine the type of legacy service at CAK in the coming years.

Does anyone know if Allegiant will have a dedicated gate(s) at CLE? It looks like on peak days there are up to 6 Allegiant departures from CLE, with some days having only 1 departure.

ncflyer

Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:08 pm

Get ready for a giant sucking sound Europe bound passengers to Pittsburgh. For what the fares have dropped to out of PIT, including the nonstop Delta to Paris----- I'll gladly drive a couple hours for my leisure trips. Thank you WOW. . . . .

joeman

Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:19 am

ncflyer wrote:
Get ready for a giant sucking sound Europe bound passengers to Pittsburgh. For what the fares have dropped to out of PIT, including the nonstop Delta to Paris----- I'll gladly drive a couple hours for my leisure trips. Thank you WOW. . . . .

Yes, that'll help our a.netter friends with -0- knowledge of the region to argue CLE can't support a TATL.

Robert1010

Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:56 am

ncflyer wrote:

I also have a trip on WOW scheduled out of PIT in October! Price is too good!

cle757

Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:07 am

I don't see CLE ever getting any international ops other than the token Cancun and some Caribbean cities. The city never really supported Continental prior to the merger when they operated LHR and CDG. CO wanted them to improve the customs facility and it never happened. I know that the ultimate demise of the CLE hub was due primarily to the proximity of EWR/ORD and IAD but the city of Cleveland didn't do United any favors either. I think the only chance of Cleveland is for the airport to be demolished completely and re-built ground up and maybe you can get a Jetblue or Frontier to start a real hub, even the remote possibility of BA or LH service.
Cleveland the best location in the Nation

chrisjake

Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:21 pm

Allegiant started service from CLE yesterday. Was their any fanfare? Lakeeffect asked this question a few posts above, but I'll ask again - do they have a dedicated gate?

masseybrown

Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:39 pm

IIRC one of Susan Glaser's articles said Allegiant would use one of the "common-use" gates in Concourse A.

mbm3

Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:00 pm

greenair727 wrote:
^re MEX, about 10 yrs ago, AM received USDOT authority on CLE-MEX, but never utilized it.

As I recall, it was understood that AM applied for this routing to enable paid repositioning flights in order to serve the CLE-CUN Apple Vacations charter flights.
Let Me Tell You, Landing A 772ER Is Harder Than It Looks!

toltommy

Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:22 pm

lakeeffect wrote:
the legacies will no longer have to match the fares that FL/WN set in the market. This will certainly make the legacy airline CAK flights more profitable as fares will rise. The question is whether consumers are willing to pay more than they had in the past to use CAK?

This percepetion that WN is cheap, or even a low-fare carrier is nothing more than a myth these days. That being said, if your theory is correct, we should already be seeing Delta cutting back from mainline to all regional service at CAK, and fares should be rising. CAK is a low cost airport in terms of cost to operate there. Low overhead, and no mainline employees (it's a DGS station). i haven't heard anyone talking about rising airfares at CAK, NK is holding them in check. DL needs mainline to stay there or there take a hit on RASM.
A300/A310/A319/A320/A321/A332/A333/707/712/727/732/733/734/735/738/739/752/753/762/763/764/772/DC8/DC9-10/30/40/50/MD81/83/87/88/90/L1011-/250/500/CRJ200/440/700/900/EMB135/140/145/170/175/190/328Jet/F70/SF3/BE1/J31

chrisjake

Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:23 pm

mbm3 wrote:
greenair727 wrote:
^re MEX, about 10 yrs ago, AM received USDOT authority on CLE-MEX, but never utilized it.

As I recall, it was understood that AM applied for this routing to enable paid repositioning flights in order to serve the CLE-CUN Apple Vacations charter flights.

And I believe they did utilize it. I remember seeing AeroMexico 73G's landing at CLE. It was always after dark, like after 2100 or so.

lakeeffect

Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:37 pm

toltommy wrote:
lakeeffect wrote:
the legacies will no longer have to match the fares that FL/WN set in the market. This will certainly make the legacy airline CAK flights more profitable as fares will rise. The question is whether consumers are willing to pay more than they had in the past to use CAK?

This percepetion that WN is cheap, or even a low-fare carrier is nothing more than a myth these days. That being said, if your theory is correct, we should already be seeing Delta cutting back from mainline to all regional service at CAK, and fares should be rising. CAK is a low cost airport in terms of cost to operate there. Low overhead, and no mainline employees (it's a DGS station). i haven't heard anyone talking about rising airfares at CAK, NK is holding them in check. DL needs mainline to stay there or there take a hit on RASM.

I would say that "cheap" is a relative term, but Southwest most definitely set the fares at CAK. Take a look at what happened to CAK-LGA/BOS/DCA/DEN/MCO fares when Southwest left (fares are 2nd quarter):

City 2015 2016
LGA $130 $215
BOS $128 $173
DCA $101 $173
DEN $206 $243
MCO$159 $182

Fares to these top O&D markets went up significantly when WN vacated these markets in 2016.

masseybrown

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:21 am

DoT reported Ultimate's November load factor at BKL as being the second best since service began: 66.25% for departures and 66.92% for arrivals.

CLEguy

Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:41 pm

masseybrown wrote:
IIRC one of Susan Glaser's articles said Allegiant would use one of the "common-use" gates in Concourse A.

This is correct. Allegiant is using the same ticket counter that charters use, and has been generally using A11, a common-use gate.

CLEguy

Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:03 pm

Also found out today that they use A9 as an extra gate when they have 2 aircraft operating at the same time and they've been assigned baggage carousel #5 (I've never seen it in regular operation ever!). Counter staff said that loads have been pretty good in their first week of service at CLE.

greenair727

Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:33 am

Did Ultimate kill their BKL-MMU route? Was supposed to start in January and it used to be on their website with information about it, including ground service to New York. Now, the website has no mention of BKL-MMU, but instead says BKL-Atlanta "(Beginning 3/20/17)". And for "New York City" (MMU), it no longer says "Beginning....." and in fact no longer appears at all.

MMU was only 3x/week which is not good for a business traveler. At least the Atlanta route is M-F (5x/weekly). But I'd much rather have "NYC" even if it is Morristown than Atlanta..... Any insights? Is the route killed off for now?

AirportRival

Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:31 am

greenair727 wrote:
Did Ultimate kill their BKL-MMU route? Was supposed to start in January and it used to be on their website with information about it, including ground service to New York. Now, the website has no mention of BKL-MMU, but instead says BKL-Atlanta "(Beginning 3/20/17)". And for "New York City" (MMU), it no longer says "Beginning....." and in fact no longer appears at all.

MMU was only 3x/week which is not good for a business traveler. At least the Atlanta route is M-F (5x/weekly). But I'd much rather have "NYC" even if it is Morristown than Atlanta..... Any insights? Is the route killed off for now?

Their website now only shows two destinations from BKL (LUK & PDK) so it looks like they did remove MMU from BKL. Maybe they are waiting for another aircraft to show up or maybe the route just wasn't performing as good as they thought it would. Either way, the route looks to have been removed.
A319, A320, A321, B1900F, B737-300, B737-400, B737-400F, B737-700, B737-800, B757-200, B757-200F, B767-200F, B767-300F, CRJ-200, CRJ-700, ERJ-145, E-170, E-175, MD-80, SD3-60F

masseybrown

Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:59 pm

Good news: CLE wins "comeback kid" award.

http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/ ... ellence-in

Weird news: Instead of AA, Chick-Fil-A has appeared in gate C5, selling bagged products. If AA still plans on moving, it probably won't be in the first quarter.

swacle

Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:06 am

masseybrown wrote:
Good news: CLE wins "comeback kid" award.

http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/ ... ellence-in

Weird news: Instead of AA, Chick-Fil-A has appeared in gate C5, selling bagged products. If AA still plans on moving, it probably won't be in the first quarter.

Actually jet bridge was installed on C2 on Wednesday so they have started the process. I have heard June-ish for the move now, but nothing firm.
Aircraft Flown: SF3 DH8 DH4 328 ERJ CRJ CR7 CR9 E70 E75 D9S M80 712 72S 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 739ER 752 318 319 32

cvgComair

Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:07 pm

AirportRival wrote:
greenair727 wrote:

Their website now only shows two destinations from BKL (LUK & PDK) so it looks like they did remove MMU from BKL. Maybe they are waiting for another aircraft to show up or maybe the route just wasn't performing as good as they thought it would. Either way, the route looks to have been removed.

The route last operated on Wednesday and its been removed from all of UE's marketing material/reservation system, so I think its gone for good. LUK-MMU passenger numbers have been decreasing for quite a while, I was surprised that they even went for BKL-MMU. I have heard that the distance MMU downtown makes the service less attractive when there are many flights a day to NYC at CVG and CLE. I know they had plans to start LUK-TEB, I feel like LUK/BKL-TEB would do better since TEB is closer to the city. It's removed from the pdf schedule as well, and I believe the flight filled the time on the days LUK-MMU was not 2x/day, so probably not a loss of an aircraft. Makes me wonder if LUK-MMU will go 2x/day, every day. It seems odd to leave an aircraft at MMU all day.
Next: CVG-IAH, Delta Connection CRJ-700 (GoJet Airlines)
A319/320/332, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340

masseybrown

Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:46 pm

swacle wrote:
Actually a jet bridge was installed on C2 on Wednesday so they have started the process. I have heard June-ish for the move now, but nothing firm.

If an AA bridge is being hung on C2, that's good news. Adding C2 means they are keeping 6 gates, which allows room for some expansion. Acquiring only 5 gates, as was previously reported, would effectively cap their operations at the current level with flights already operating to 5 of their 6 hubs. 6 gates plus the occasional use of C8 allows for growth.

Has JetBlue given up using C4? Maybe C6 is a more roomy and forgiving ramp.

chrisjake

Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:15 pm

....in other news.....

I saw that Ernest Angley's 747SP, Star Triple Seven, made an appearance this morning. It landed around 0600 and was still at customs at 0715. I'm assuming CAK was its next stop.

greenair727

Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:42 pm

cvgComair wrote:
AirportRival wrote:
greenair727 wrote:

The route last operated on Wednesday and its been removed from all of UE's marketing material/reservation system, so I think its gone for good. LUK-MMU passenger numbers have been decreasing for quite a while, I was surprised that they even went for BKL-MMU. I have heard that the distance MMU downtown makes the service less attractive when there are many flights a day to NYC at CVG and CLE. I know they had plans to start LUK-TEB, I feel like LUK/BKL-TEB would do better since TEB is closer to the city. It's removed from the pdf schedule as well, and I believe the flight filled the time on the days LUK-MMU was not 2x/day, so probably not a loss of an aircraft. Makes me wonder if LUK-MMU will go 2x/day, every day. It seems odd to leave an aircraft at MMU all day.

It must have done exceptionally bad to kill it off so quickly. But I'm not surprised. I would love to see a BKL-NYC flight and have pushed for it where I can. But, I'd rather fly Hopkins-LGA, than BKL-MMU. MMU is really way too far out. TEB is the only 'acceptable' non-commercial airport for NYC. I know UE was hoping to capture that central Jersey market--but even then -- their schedule didn't allow for a fly-in, fly-out approach---as persons from both ends of the route were forced to overnight it. And being only 3x a week---an over night after the 3rd weekday would mean waiting 4 days for a return flight----not very business friendly at all--in fact, worse than Frontier!

masseybrown

Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:58 pm

The airport posted December monthly numbers, a decline of almost 6% from the previous month and the prior year. Not a great trend they're setting.

greenair727

Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:49 pm

massey--you referring to BKL or CLE?

CLEguy

Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:56 am

greenair727 wrote:
massey--you referring to BKL or CLE?

CLE. Check out the airport's website for the data: http://www.clevelandairport.com/company/history

Let's see what January 2017 brings, before Allegiant's impact is felt starting mid-February.

toltommy

Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:32 am

lakeeffect wrote:
Take a look at what happened to CAK-LGA/BOS/DCA/DEN/MCO fares when Southwest left (fares are 2nd quarter):

City 2015 2016
LGA $130 $215
BOS $128 $173
DCA $101 $173
DEN $206 $243
MCO$159 $182

Fares to these top O&D markets went up significantly when WN vacated these markets in 2016.

Yes and no. WN had no choicecbut to throw a ton of capacity on the routes inherited from FL. 717s were replaced with 738s in many case. That forced WN to sacrifice yield to get butts in seats.
A300/A310/A319/A320/A321/A332/A333/707/712/727/732/733/734/735/738/739/752/753/762/763/764/772/DC8/DC9-10/30/40/50/MD81/83/87/88/90/L1011-/250/500/CRJ200/440/700/900/EMB135/140/145/170/175/190/328Jet/F70/SF3/BE1/J31

greenair727

Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:25 pm

Constant Aviation purchased an MRO/FBO at Orlando-Stanford (FSB) giving it its first paint facility. According to the release, Constant already has 500 planes in Florida.

http://www.constantaviation.com/media/n ... quisition/

masseybrown

Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:05 pm

Speaking of Ricci companies: FlexJet, with no announcement, is now calling Cleveland (KCGF) its operational as well as financial home. They announced results for 2016 (in a private-company, non-specific way) and will take 55 new aircraft in 2017. Selling out *all* the Gulfstream hours must be good for the bottom line.

http://www.flexjet.com/press/flexjet-an ... year-year/

Factoid: Kenn Ricci was Bill Clinton's pilot during the 1992 campaign. I bet he has some stories to tell.

masseybrown

Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:54 pm

Musical gates continues in CLE ... It was posted elsewhere that UA has given up C10 and C14, confining themselves to the banjo end only. Isn't C14 a 'widebody' gate? Hmm ... Or am I spending too much time thinking about this?

Robert1010

Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:07 pm

masseybrown wrote:
Musical gates continues in CLE ... It was posted elsewhere that UA has given up C10 and C14, confining themselves to the banjo end only. Isn't C14 a 'widebody' gate? Hmm ... Or am I spending too much time thinking about this?

C14 is not and never was a widebody gate ,C9 was !

Robert1010

Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:08 pm

masseybrown wrote:

C14 is not and never was a widebody gate ,C9 was ! Unless they did some reconfiguration
Sorry couldn't figure out how to delete post, still kinda new !:(
Last edited by Robert1010 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robert1010

Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:08 pm

masseybrown wrote:

C14 is not and never was a widebody gate ,C9 was ! Unless they did some reconfiguration

masseybrown

Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:36 pm

May's AA schedule shows an E175 on DCA-CLE. From the pax point of view, not only is this a much better plane, but it also avoids the use of the dreaded DCA Gate 35X, home of the 50-seaters, Dashes, and slow, crowded buses that are either too hot or too cold..

CLEguy

Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:17 am

masseybrown wrote:
Instead of AA, Chick-Fil-A has appeared in gate C5, selling bagged products. If AA still plans on moving, it probably won't be in the first quarter.

Just heard today that AA should be relocated to Concourse C by July 1 at the latest. The location(s) of TSA Pre-Check are also under reconsideration with the expected surge of passengers in C.

masseybrown

Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:17 pm

CLE posted January numbers - down 1.2% from last year. Warm weather keeping the Florida/Carib numbers lower than usual? (I had no trouble getting last minute Fla tix out of DCA in February.)

Robert1010

Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:27 pm

Anyone know when the CLE - MBJ flts start ?

greenair727

Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:56 pm

^who flies that route?

Jshank83

Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:27 pm

greenair727 wrote:
^who flies that route?

Swift Air through Vacation express. It is only in vacation packages. I think it is Saturday only.

fun2fly

Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:50 pm

CLEguy wrote:
masseybrown wrote:
Instead of AA, Chick-Fil-A has appeared in gate C5, selling bagged products. If AA still plans on moving, it probably won't be in the first quarter.

Just heard today that AA should be relocated to Concourse C by July 1 at the latest. The location(s) of TSA Pre-Check are also under reconsideration with the expected surge of passengers in C.

Several contractors are in the process of being awarded packages so I know it's moving along, just longer than expected.

There was some construction today in the C terminal. One area blocked off and a new "temporary" Brew Kettle bar popped up. Not sure what it was for.I just get sad when I see that great D concourse sitting there.

Landing today in the serious wind, several planes had a few attempted landings to see it more than others. We were lucky and had a great first landing.

swacle

Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:39 pm

fun2fly wrote:
CLEguy wrote:
masseybrown wrote:

Several contractors are in the process of being awarded packages so I know it's moving along, just longer than expected.

There was some construction today in the C terminal. One area blocked off and a new "temporary" Brew Kettle bar popped up. Not sure what it was for.I just get sad when I see that great D concourse sitting there.

Landing today in the serious wind, several planes had a few attempted landings to see it more than others. We were lucky and had a great first landing.

That was the site of Paninis, it is being remodeled into a Bar Symon to open in April.
Aircraft Flown: SF3 DH8 DH4 328 ERJ CRJ CR7 CR9 E70 E75 D9S M80 712 72S 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 739ER 752 318 319 32

masseybrown

Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:16 pm

I have been marveling at the success of JetBlue in CLE. Their L/F for November was 89.4%. More surprising, the loads have been building steadily since summer.

I'm looking forward to seeing traffic numbers for CLE-BOS. I think some of the increase must be attributable to GE moving their headquarters to Boston. Under the new GE organization Nela Park is more important than it used to be, when they reported to the appliance people in Louisville.

flight152

Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:20 pm

masseybrown wrote:
I have been marveling at the success of JetBlue in CLE. Their L/F for November was 89.4%. More surprising, the loads have been building steadily since summer.

I'm looking forward to seeing traffic numbers for CLE-BOS. I think some of the increase must be attributable to GE moving their headquarters to Boston. Under the new GE organization Nela Park is more important than it used to be, when they reported to the appliance people in Louisville.

United is increasing back to four flights in June I believe.

CLEguy

Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:22 am

Robert1010 wrote:
Anyone know when the CLE - MBJ flts start ?

Sunwing and Swift Air will operate the following flights on behalf of Vacation Express:

* Once-a-week flights to Montego Bay, Jamaica begin Saturday, May 27 and run through July 1. Flights to Jamaica depart on Saturdays; flights back to Cleveland are on Fridays.

* Flights to Freeport, Bahamas, run intermittently between July 3 and August 2.

* Weekly Punta Cana flights will run May 15 through July 31.

greenair727

Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:15 am

^I just flew CLE-BOS-CLE. Took B6 there in a spacious (relatively) E190, and returned in a cramped UA EMB145....(and I think the B6 segment was cheaper than the UA one).

greenair727

Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:49 am

^Before de-hubbing, I was loyal to UA--and would have taken them over other airlines. Now, I strictly choose flights based on fare and/or times, as there's no reason to give any favor to UA. So, my point in the above post (which I wasn't able to edit), is, with an inferior product and a city who feels screwed by UA, United really has to up its game if it wants to win on this route.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos