DLSANMan

Re: What's happening lately at SAN?

Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:35 pm

So Alaska is saying 30 new markets in 2018. Other than the recently announced list, I feel there may be an opportunity for AS to invest in SAN versus LAX. Just my thoughts.
SAN RDU
SAN DCA (gov't approval of course)
SAN PTY - good position and need for SAN and new ground for AS
increased BOS to 2x
SAN SBA or SBP (Horizon pilot shortage resolved)
SAN ORF
SAN CLT/PHL for cnx to AA European markets.
I don't have access to the numbers but maybe someone else could throw it out there or has some additional thoughts?

hawaiian717

Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:46 am

SANAV8R wrote:
I'm sure JL probably carries a number of SAN originating passengers flying to get to places like NAS Atsugi or MCAS Iwakuni or even Guam, although any official travel would be done by the contract carrier (which in GSA for SANNRT/SANTYO FY17 is AA)

The contract carrier has the option to include codeshare flights at their discretion, and the AA SAN-TYO market is listed on the GSA site as having nonstop service, which means they're offering the JL flight. As an aside, AA also has the SAN-LON contract and it's also listed as nonstop, meaning they're offering the BA flight. A codeshare flight booked with a US carrier's flight number and ticket stock but operated by a foreign carrier is considered to be considered the same as flying a US carrier for purposes of compliance with the Fly America Act.

Delta has the SAN-MNL contract for both FY17 and FY18, so those passengers aren't on the JL flight.

gollumSD

Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:40 am

SAN to PTY on AS would be a great addition and I think their would be sufficient demand.
"Not all those who wander are lost"

Yahnih

Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:42 pm

http://www.10news.com/news/san-diegos-l ... oss-runway

San Diego airport may finally be getting a connecting transit center! This is good news and probably what everyone has been waiting for in San Diego and for tourists.

Even though the airport has improved its services of drop off/pick up since dual roadway was built for T2, I did feel there was a lack of public transit connection to make it a truly efficient transportation hub for the city. It's like San Diego will be following in the footsteps of its much bigger sister LAX in terms of public transportation connection. Moving it to the north side will also give many passengers direct access to all the rental car facilities.

SAN is on a roll... I'm still hoping for new flights to be announced. I was on a standby flight to San Diego with Delta a few days ago, found out a good number of passengers were also headed to San Diego! So please if Korean Air is reading these threads.. there is demand! Because of the strong military presence (which is what I found out why so many were headed to SAN) plus locals from both SAN & Korea.

SANFan
Topic Author

Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:08 pm

hawaiian717 wrote:
The contract carrier has the option to include codeshare flights at their discretion, and the AA SAN-TYO market is listed on the GSA site as having nonstop service, which means they're offering the JL flight. As an aside, AA also has the SAN-LON contract and it's also listed as nonstop, meaning they're offering the BA flight. A codeshare flight booked with a US carrier's flight number and ticket stock but operated by a foreign carrier is considered to be considered the same as flying a US carrier for purposes of compliance with the Fly America Act.

Delta has the SAN-MNL contract for both FY17 and FY18, so those passengers aren't on the JL flight.

Interesting info, thanks HA'. This, to me, just emphasizes that SAN-MNL on PR remains a huge longshot; until some sort of rumors surface that PR is looking at the market, for whatever their reason, I'm putting this idea back in the back of the file cabinet of possible future intercontinental routes from Lindbergh. ..

gollumSD wrote:
SAN to PTY on AS would be a great addition and I think their would be sufficient demand.

The problem is we need connection opportunities to the rest of Latin America. At a minimum, we would need a carrier with an extensive network in Central and South America, plus, I'm sure an alliance member-carrier would be the goal of SDIA, especially since it's unlikely there would be more than 1 route out of SAN to that part of the world. (Not enough traffic.)

I personally would love to see AAG fly to PTY from here but unfortunately, I think Copa -- a member of the Star Alliance -- would make much more sense.

In other news, it appears that Speedbird will revert to a 4-class T7 again next summer. If the current trend continues, it seems we will see the 744 for the winter schedule -- Oct thru March -- and the 777 between March and October! That really seems backward to me but there are many factors to be considered by BA's network planning, and 6 months of a 747 is certainly better than none!

And after all, if the T7 doesn't offer enough capacity for the peak summer months, BA could always add some frequency via an additional flight! With the new FIS facilities, a 2nd Speedbird on a few days of the week would be very possible!!! (And they could finally offer an earlier SAN-departure, which they seem to want to do!)

There are still a few pending route announcements worth waiting for: Thomas Cook hasn't yet announced additional routes from MAN to the U.S. -- SAN is thought to be on the very short list for that consideration -- and we are WAY overdue for some route announcements from our friends at AAG. I expect something will come out of Seattle HQ any day now, and I would be very surprised if there were not multiple new flights disclosed involving SAN!

Stay tuned everyone!

bb

flyoregon

Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:23 pm

This isn't necessarily SAN news, but rumor has it an announcement will be made in the next few days regarding Cal Jet by Elite Airways will be starting flights out of Carlsbad with destinations in California, Nevada, and Arizona using the CRJ-200/700.

www.caljetelite.com
https://www.carlsbad.org/business-direc ... -airlines/
https://www.facebook.com/caljetelite/

A few thoughts on this:

The advantage Elite Airways has compared to every other attempt is that they're established, they have airplanes, and they operating authority. They have an office in Thousand Oaks, California, so it's not a completely separate operation from their PWM HQ. I could see flights from CLD to OAK/SJC, LAS, and PHX/AZA in the beginning with a more extensive west coast route network IF they're smart about the growth and execute it wisely.

The troubles I see smaller airlines get into lately is that they grow too fast, take on a huge amount of debt plus responsibility, and then fall into trouble i.e. PenAir this week. If Elite can keep it a 2-3 airplane operation letting the routes mature on a smart schedule, I think they'll do decent. At the very least, there won't be false promises like we've seen with California Pacific.

SANFan
Topic Author

Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:49 pm

flyoregon wrote:
This isn't necessarily SAN news, but rumor has it an announcement will be made in the next few days regarding Cal Jet by Elite Airways will be starting flights out of Carlsbad with destinations in California, Nevada, and Arizona using the CRJ-200/700.

The advantage Elite Airways has compared to every other attempt is that they're established, they have airplanes, and they operating authority. They have an office in Thousand Oaks, California, so it's not a completely separate operation from their PWM HQ. I could see flights from CLD to OAK/SJC, LAS, and PHX/AZA in the beginning with a more extensive west coast route network IF they're smart about the growth and execute it wisely.

The troubles I see smaller airlines get into lately is that they grow too fast, take on a huge amount of debt plus responsibility, and then fall into trouble i.e. PenAir this week. If Elite can keep it a 2-3 airplane operation letting the routes mature on a smart schedule, I think they'll do decent. At the very least, there won't be false promises like we've seen with California Pacific.

This battle of air service at CLD has sure gone on for years and years. If done right, it sure seems that such service should be successful! Maybe Elite can actually be the one!

Yeah, we went thru the SeaPort disappearance in early 2016 and that sort of eventuality is all too common these days. I will be hoping to actually see the first Elite flight lift off the runway in Carlsbad sometime soon!
Yahnih wrote:
http://www.10news.com/news/san-diegos-lindbergh-field-could-get-transit-center-across-runway

San Diego airport may finally be getting a connecting transit center! This is good news and probably what everyone has been waiting for in San Diego and for tourists.

Even though the airport has improved its services of drop off/pick up since dual roadway was built for T2, I did feel there was a lack of public transit connection to make it a truly efficient transportation hub for the city. It's like San Diego will be following in the footsteps of its much bigger sister LAX in terms of public transportation connection. Moving it to the north side will also give many passengers direct access to all the rental car facilities.

SAN is on a roll... I'm still hoping for new flights to be announced. I was on a standby flight to San Diego with Delta a few days ago, found out a good number of passengers were also headed to San Diego! So please if Korean Air is reading these threads.. there is demand! Because of the strong military presence (which is what I found out why so many were headed to SAN) plus locals from both SAN & Korea.

Right on with all of the above, Yahnih! I'd bet that KE is well aware of the traffic to SAN and they will hopefully move into the market sooner rather than later!

I don't know if anyone else noticed the article (yesterday?) in the U-T about the SAN cruise industry but it was encouraging. Things are again growing, with the number of cruises per year, as well as the number of pax boarding cruises here, increasing, slowly but steadily. As this segment of travelers increases, it can't help but result in positive growth over at Lindbergh Field! (This is the sort of thing that cx such as Thomas Cook and Edelweiss look at to develop and sell cruise packages sold in Europe!)

Anyone remember Zoom a few years ago? Cruises were a big part of the appeal of San Diego to them. With our incredible physical layout -- of the city and the bay -- where downtown, the cruise ship terminal, and the airport are all within about 2-3 miles (and all are actually visible from each of the other venues) makes this an amazing destination! And I believe this is all being recognized big time by world travelers, and the companies that help them travel!

bb

Yahnih

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:36 am

I agree. San Diego is booming.. with the new Seaport San Diego coming and a slurry of new hotels, including the rebirth of an Intercontinental coming back to SD! I sense in less than a decade San Diego will have several international flights with quite a few tourist packages as you have stated.

I do remember Zoom being only $400-500 tickets to London! That was insane for the time.

----
Also for the Latin/South America flights.. given that we've been seeing a strong OW trend with BA and JL, I also wouldn't doubt that LATAM is on one of the prospective carriers.

SANMAN66

Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:03 am

SANFan wrote:
Things are again growing, with the number of cruises per year, as well as the number of pax boarding cruises here, increasing, slowly but steadily.
bb

I was just going to mention the cruise industry here in SD, I remember back in 2008 when the
cruise ship industry fell off drastically, due to Mexico's troubles, and the economy. Now it seems
as if it has bounced back, including Disney Cruise Lines which now has San Diego on it's itinerary.
Now if Thomas Cook could tap into the cruise ship market, and get those cruise-bound passengers
on those ships! (funny,I had said the same thing about Zoom in 2008!) I'll bet Edelweiss is already
tapped into the cruise-ship industry here, it may be just a matter of time before Thomas Cook shows
up! I have good vibes about Edelweiss.
Last edited by SANMAN66 on Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSA Gives you a lift!

SANMAN66

Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:13 am

Yahnih wrote:
http://www.10news.com/news/san-diegos-lindbergh-field-could-get-transit-center-across-runway

One reason I'll bet that they want to put a transit center on the north side is that once the new parking
garage is finished in front of T2, there would be more traffic on Harbor Dr. So putting a transit center
on the North side would alleviate some of the Harbor Dr. traffic. (the garage is starting to look nice,I
took a drive along Harbor several weeks ago and saw it.)
PSA Gives you a lift!

SANMAN66

Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:21 am

SANFan wrote:
This battle of air service at CLD has sure gone on for years and years. If done right, it sure seems that such service should be successful! Maybe Elite can actually be the one!
bb

I wish Elite a lot of luck! I hope they stick around. I'm also holding out hope that AS will start serving
CLD with Horizon Q400s, maybe it isn't too far-fetched, I guess if AS gets any bigger in SAN, maybe they
might start up flights there in the future.
PSA Gives you a lift!

Yahnih

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:06 pm

Can AS operate out of Brown field? I feel it's such a wasted and unutilized space. I know there are some renovations going on right now to make it a premier private jet airport. I know the issue is the Otay mountains, but I feel those are issues for larger jets. As shouldn't have a problem at Brown Field. They are 737 capable.

AntonioMartin

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:26 pm

kgaiflyer wrote:
>BA flying the Queen here daily since late March. Will it stay or what WILL the service end up being, starting this fall?

Baffled by this one. Can you explain more fully (. . . and I'm a frequent SAN visitor :( ).

:lol: Exactly what I thought! Queen Elizabeth must've been enjoying San DIego and/or Tijuana quite a bit lately is what came to mind!

Thought it also crossed my mind that maybe the op was talking about the B747 or A380... :bigthumbsup:

SANAV8R

Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:42 pm

So I am curious about this rail link, I'm assuming that it will link the Middletown Station with the terminal, but would it be to the south east (like through the current roadway that the buses travel to the rental car center) or the north west (through the inlet at the end of the runway)? I figure it will terminate at Middletown but stop at the Rental Car Center, the Economy lot, Terminal 2 parking, Terminal 2, Terminal 1 (but planning for any future reconstruction) and the employee and cell phone lots. (Maybe even eventually become a fully form of a elevated railway/monorail and expand down Harbor Drive to link the Cruise Ship and Santa Fe Depot).
Would it look something like this?
(I also feel that additional parking or a bus station could be built on Midway on the old Post Office grounds)

Yahnih wrote:
Can AS operate out of Brown field? I feel it's such a wasted and unutilized space. I know there are some renovations going on right now to make it a premier private jet airport. I know the issue is the Otay mountains, but I feel those are issues for larger jets. As shouldn't have a problem at Brown Field. They are 737 capable.

I doubt it. I see it becoming a cargo port or maybe a commuter destination before a mainline carrier like AS moving in. The residents to the west of the airport would fight any expansion of commercial service and the private air community as well. The only real markets they might find are people in Chula Vista/South Bay who don't want to fight traffic to SAN or people crossing the border or CBX who want to connect to a domestic US flight without going to SAN.

SANFan
Topic Author

Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:32 pm

Yahnih wrote:
... for the Latin/South America flights.. given that we've been seeing a strong OW trend with BA and JL, I also wouldn't doubt that LATAM is one of the prospective carriers.

Sure, the OneWorld connection to LATAM is very logical for SAN. But the route structure, IMO, is not as good for our situation -- again thinking that since there isn't a whole lot of pax traffic from SAN to Latin America, we will probably have to be satisfied with a single carrier. If that's the case, it seems that a Central American hub, such as Copa offers in Panama City, would offer more single-carrier choices to both Central and South America. Connections from SAN, over PTY, on Copa, appear to include Guatemala, Costa Rica, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile, Brazil, Argentina, plus the Caribbean, etc. Obviously Panama is also served!

LATAM, I believe, would bypass all of Central America with perhaps Bogota being the best hub for them to connect to SAN.

And don't forget that with LH's arrival next March, the Star Alliance will finally be represented internationally here. (And of course Copa belongs to Star Alliance.) And I continue to think we'll be hearing from SkyTeam pretty soon as well, to Europe as well as, hopefully -- as you, Yahnih, mention, Asia! (With things that are happening, and being discussed, it wouldn't be a huge surprise to me if DL themselves could possibly end up flying intercontinentally from Lindbergh Field -- either east, or west, or even both... (Lindy', you out there?!)

Personally, I'd much rather see KLM and Korean become part of the SAN-family, but DL has certainly made PDX work for decades now. But, as a result, foreign flag cx pretty much avoided PDX in the process, until recently as we've seen a couple of 2nd tier cx start serving The Rose City. The A.netters in PDX really seem to want to see the likes of BA, JL or ANA or KE but who knows when that might happen?

Finally, It's great that OneWorld has had San Diego pretty much to itself for several years now -- BA started in June 2011, JL in Dec 2012 -- yet also a bit surprising is that it has taken so long to start to see the other alliances finally learning of the existence of SAN! But I do truly believe that LH is just the beginning! I think all those beautiful new FIS-capable swing gates in T2W will be seeing a LOT of use as soon as they're ready to go to work in less than a year now!!

bb

Yahnih

Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:24 pm

@SANAV8ER I forgot where I saw the image.. but I think it's supposed to wrap the east side of the airport rather than the west (closer to laurel st)

Yahnih

Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:34 pm

@SANFAN I was always curious on why Delta chose PDX considering SEA is right there.

As much as I love Delta, I would prefer seeing a foreign flag livery add to its colorful display to SAN.

Also, SAN is officially a non-hub for any airline right now which is what makes SAN so competitive that it makes it hard for anyone to guess what carrier would come next or expand greatly.

I wonder, does SAN really have that much yield factor for Europe with the addition of two A343 LH and Edelweiss plus a high capacity BA. Are there in stats that SDIA ever released on tourists coming from that region.

If not KLM, I suspect AF with their 787s! I think either or...my big bets are on a SkyTeam carrier (Asian or European). Like u said, LH might have rustled up the leaves of OW in SAN..won't take long for SkyTeam to notice.

SANMAN66

Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:35 pm

Yahnih wrote:
As shouldn't have a problem at Brown Field. They are 737 capable.

Actually Brown Field is Concorde capable! They brought one in when they were having
Air-Space-America in 1988 at Brown Field.
PSA Gives you a lift!

SANMAN66

Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:43 pm

SANAV8R wrote:
So I am curious about this rail link, I'm assuming that it will link the Middletown Station with the terminal, but would it be to the south east (like through the current roadway that the buses travel to the rental car center) or the north west (through the inlet at the end of the runway)? I figure it will terminate at Middletown but stop at the Rental Car Center, the Economy lot, Terminal 2 parking, Terminal 2, Terminal 1 (but planning for any future reconstruction) and the employee and cell phone lots. (Maybe even eventually become a fully form of a elevated railway/monorail and expand down Harbor Drive to link the Cruise Ship and Santa Fe Depot).
(I also feel that additional parking or a bus station could be built on Midway on the old Post Office grounds)

Is that a trolley extension, or a whole new type of rail link?
PSA Gives you a lift!

SANMAN66

Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:53 pm

Yahnih wrote:

If not KLM, I suspect AF with their 787s!

AF better hurry and send one of those 787s our way before Norwegian starts up a
SAN-CDG flight! Norwegian is expanding fast and I have a feeling SAN is on their radar!
PSA Gives you a lift!

SANMAN66

Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:06 pm

I've been wondering about Icelandair. I was wondering if they may have considered
SAN in the past or future? I know they have range-capable 767s in their fleet, (In the past.
they seemed to be deeply in love with 757s), now they have 767s, and 737MAX planes
in their fleet. Does the 737MAX have the range?
PSA Gives you a lift!

717atOGG

Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:20 pm

SANMAN66 wrote:
I've been wondering about Icelandair. I was wondering if they may have considered
SAN in the past or future? I know they have range-capable 767s in their fleet, (In the past.
they seemed to be deeply in love with 757s), now they have 767s, and 737MAX planes
in their fleet. Does the 737MAX have the range?

If FI starts SAN-KEF, which is unlikely, it'd be with a 767-300ER. The longest flight on the 757-200 is PDX-KEF, and it can't fly SAN-KEF due to range. I don't know what FI will use the 737 MAX for, but it definitely won't be SAN. The MAX can only reliably reach as far as ORD reliably from KEF, and SAN is over 1000 miles longer. Unfortunately, I don't think Icelandair is considering SAN because they tried SFO unsuccessfully in the past, and if they make a return to California, SFO or LAX are the likely candidates. Norwegian or Air France are more likely to fly to SAN.
SEA, BWI, HNL, OGG, PHX, IAD, LIH; 717, 73G, 738, 739, A332; AS, HA, WN, UA

SANAV8R

Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:37 am

SANMAN66 wrote:
SANAV8R wrote:

Is that a trolley extension, or a whole new type of rail link?

Its just my idea of what I think the new link is going to look like but I assume it would end up being an Airtrain-like system rather than an entire Trolley line. It's funny the Union Tribune has put multiple articles stating that there's no plans for trolley links to the airport even as recently as a few months ago but then KGTV just put an article out this week that SANDAG wants to build a transit center that connects MTS/Trolley/Coaster/HSR and will comment on it next week after a meeting. With a major extension to the Blue Line trolley opening to the northwest portion of San Diego (La Jolla/UTC/University City) there'll be an upsurge in riders and having a potential airport link will help.

jbpdx

Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:54 am

SANFan wrote:
The A.netters in PDX really seem to want to see the likes of BA, JL or ANA or KE...

You can keep (flush) BA, JL will eventually replace DL to Tokyo, and CX to Hong Kong is probable for PDX. Norwegian will get Paris.

SANFan
Topic Author

Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:41 am

jbpdx wrote:
SANFan wrote:
The A.netters in PDX really seem to want to see the likes of BA, JL or ANA or KE...

You can keep (flush) BA, JL will eventually replace DL to Tokyo, and CX to Hong Kong is probable for PDX. Norwegian will get Paris.

Jb', you know what I mean. PDX has, for the most part, seen DL as THE intercontinental cx of the airport for years now; it of course started due to the DL hub established there years ago. LH tried the market from FRA but gave it up. Recently, PDX is seeing new foreign cx, which is great.

SAN has seen a very different type of int'l history - and much shorter. It's always been foreign flag cx for us. Perhaps some day we'll see one of the US3 such as DL jump into intercontinental travel from here, as in PDX.

And btw, maybe you don't like BA but all one has to do is read any one of the MANY "Which US city will BA start next?" threads and plenty of your fellow-Portlanders will quickly chime in with "PDX is a sure bet for BA"!

717atOGG wrote:
SANMAN66 wrote:
I've been wondering about Icelandair. I was wondering if they may have considered SAN in the past or future? I know they have range-capable 767s in their fleet, (In the past. they seemed to be deeply in love with 757s), now they have 767s, and 737MAX planes in their fleet. Does the 737MAX have the range?

If FI starts SAN-KEF, which is unlikely, it'd be with a 767-300ER. The longest flight on the 757-200 is PDX-KEF, and it can't fly SAN-KEF due to range. I don't know what FI will use the 737 MAX for, but it definitely won't be SAN. The MAX can only reliably reach as far as ORD reliably from KEF, and SAN is over 1000 miles longer. Unfortunately, I don't think Icelandair is considering SAN because they tried SFO unsuccessfully in the past, and if they make a return to California, SFO or LAX are the likely candidates. Norwegian or Air France are more likely to fly to SAN.

Is it just me or does FI really just like to serve the northern latitudes of the U.S. (I believe MCO is the only exception.) Maybe they're afraid of heat -- don't want to thaw out! Or maybe it's fleet restrictions?

Anyway, I've never really expected Icelandic to land in SAN. I certainly wouldn't object but I would be surprised.

And I personally would rather see KLM call at SAN than AF (or DL) but I wouldn't mind any of them. In any case, I really would like to see SkyTeam start building a presence in San Diego. DL has always had a high profile in our city and would make a great foundation for more alliance cx. (Much like AA and OneWorld have accomplished at Lindbergh Field!)

bb

axiom

Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:44 am

^FI are starting TPA next month, too.

I think the range of the 757 defines FI's ops to North America. PDX, TPA, MCO are their longest routes, giving you a sense of the profile of destinations they can serve. Strategy is largely focused on connecting US O&D to Europe, but also taking local passengers from KEF to their choice destinations -- hence the occassional sunny spots, like MCO and TPA.

jbpdx

Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:33 pm

SANFan wrote:
jbpdx wrote:
SANFan wrote:

Jb', you know what I mean. PDX has, for the most part, seen DL as THE intercontinental cx of the airport for years now; it of course started due to the DL hub established there years ago. LH tried the market from FRA but gave it up. Recently, PDX is seeing new foreign cx, which is great.

SAN has seen a very different type of int'l history - and much shorter. It's always been foreign flag cx for us. Perhaps some day we'll see one of the US3 such as DL jump into intercontinental travel from here, as in PDX.

And btw, maybe you don't like BA but all one has to do is read any one of the MANY "Which US city will BA start next?" threads and plenty of your fellow-Portlanders will quickly chime in with "PDX is a sure bet for BA"!

717atOGG wrote:
SANMAN66 wrote:
I've been wondering about Icelandair. I was wondering if they may have considered SAN in the past or future? I know they have range-capable 767s in their fleet, (In the past. they seemed to be deeply in love with 757s), now they have 767s, and 737MAX planes in their fleet. Does the 737MAX have the range?

Is it just me or does FI really just like to serve the northern latitudes of the U.S. (I believe MCO is the only exception.) Maybe they're afraid of heat -- don't want to thaw out! Or maybe it's fleet restrictions?

Anyway, I've never really expected Icelandic to land in SAN. I certainly wouldn't object but I would be surprised.

And I personally would rather see KLM call at SAN than AF (or DL) but I wouldn't mind any of them. In any case, I really would like to see SkyTeam start building a presence in San Diego. DL has always had a high profile in our city and would make a great foundation for more alliance cx. (Much like AA and OneWorld have accomplished at Lindbergh Field!)

bb

With the negative press BA has received lately, I think people in Portland are OK with DL to LHR as long as they increase frequency. (Friday flight went out 94% full.)

As for the Asia hub, DL inherited that from Northwest then dismantled it and moved it to SEA. And LH cancelled FRA during the Great Recession, so no surprise there.

I think Asia from PDX will shift to Asian airlines--teaming up with AS to help fill planes--relatively quickly; DL will keep the high-price European market. (DL no longer gets flow to/from Asia from AS.) CX is running five 747s a week out of PDX to HKG, so some adjusting of cargo could lead to a 2-3x/week combo route to HKG.

PDX is in a tricky position for intercontinental flights having its dominant airline totally continental oriented.

Yahnih

Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:29 am

Just flew in from Korea into San Diego Monday.. (technically with stopover in SFO). Just wanted to note that the 6pm primetime between Edelweiss, Condor, & BA seems just so congested on the fight for gate 20/21. BA had to sit on the runway (right behind Condor) as did Condor until WK pushed back (which seemed to be delayed). It looked as if they were going to gate Condor at 25 because of the wait. To me those flights seem so time sensitive on gating.

Does anyone know if there are any other current international gates? Was is possible that's Condor can gate at 25? I had to leave so I couldn't see what actually happened and the flight stats didn't detail which gate either on the SAN website.

Those new gates for next year can't come any sooner. It's actually quite a sight to see three large wide bodies all next to each other from inside the terminal. It kind of puts how small (yet beautiful) terminals are compared to other airports. From SFO, the united terminal was just filled with 748s, 744s, & 77W in all directions from all the star alliance characters.

SANFan
Topic Author

Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:08 pm

Yahnih wrote:
Just flew in from Korea into San Diego Monday.. (technically with stopover in SFO). Just wanted to note that the 6pm primetime between Edelweiss, Condor, & BA seems just so congested on the fight for gate 20/21. BA had to sit on the runway (right behind Condor) as did Condor until WK pushed back (which seemed to be delayed). It looked as if they were going to gate Condor at 25 because of the wait. To me those flights seem so time sensitive on gating.

Does anyone know if there are any other current international gates? Was is possible that's Condor can gate at 25? I had to leave so I couldn't see what actually happened and the flight stats didn't detail which gate either on the SAN website.

Thanx for sharing your Monday adventure Yahnih. Monday promised to be THE day to watch out for as the skeds all align for the Perfect Storm conditions. There must be lots of pulled hair from the ops team for SDIA by 11pm on Mondays this summer! Even if every flight is right on time, things can get interesting.

The 3rd FIS-capable gate at SAN is #22. There might have been an AS or NK Mexico arrival parked there -- although AS purposefully altered their Cabo schedule so their 5:23pm arrival doesn't operate on Mondays this summer, in order to help relieve congestion. The size and positioning of the 3 gates doesn't permit 3 wide-bodies simultaneously, and even more importantly, since the gates are not swing-gates, even if they could fill all 3 gates with wide-bodies, they can't unload an arrival and load a departing flight at the same time.

It must truly be a nightmare on most Mondays! Comparably, next June should be a dream-come-true for SDIA when the FIS is relocated!

We still haven't heard any announcement from MT as to their possible start-up of MAN-SAN next summer. I wonder if they might be dragging their feet on that after the mess that their Condor service has had this summer -- wanting to make darned sure that next year MT would not have to suffer a repeat of the headaches of DE this year!

I kind of think that once it is known for sure that the new FIS facilities WILL be operational, on time, we might hear some announcements about more new intercontinental cx/routes to SAN perhaps for summer of 2018, or certainly for 2019!

BTW, I've noticed something kind of interesting (to me anyway) about AAG's late fall and winter scheduling at SAN. I put on my Sherlock hat and figured out -- I think -- what's happening. With their November 5 schedule, AAG will have 8 departures from SAN between 6:15am and 7:05am: OGG, KOA, MEX, EWR, PDX, SMF, SJC and SEA. (Pretty impressive me thinks!) Since they only have 7 gates, I wondered where the 8th flight would depart from?

It appears as though F9 is dropping their 6:30-ish am flight to DEN sometime in the next month or two so apparently AS has swooped in and sucked up gate 12 for their use in the early morning. So starting on Nov 9, once the MEX flight has started (on 11/6) and the KOA flight ops (3x weekly), the T1W rotunda will have ALL 8 gates filled with nothing but 'Chesters' until ~6:15am! All 737s and EMJs! I hope someone somehow can get some pix of that -- it would be some sweet marketing/publicity for AAG and SAN! Did somebody mention "Focus City"?

It also seems to me like AAG's move to T2E can't some soon enough!

bb

panamair

Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:32 pm

I posted this on the AA Europe/PHL/JFK thread, but it looks like both AA and DL will be increasing JFK-SAN nonstops next peak summer. AA will be adding a third daily roundtrip (leaving JFK early morning 7am, leaving SAN mid-day) while DL will be adding a fourth daily (mid morning from JFK arriving SAN in the afternoon, and a late afternoon from SAN arriving JFK before midnight). I believe this is the most nonstops either one has ever had in this market.

All of AA's flights will be 738s, while DL will be using 3x 757s and 1x 738.

amadorE175

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:18 am

panamair wrote:
ll of AA's flights will be 738s, while DL will be using 3x 757s and 1x 738.

It's nice to have a few more options on flight times to JFK. I wonder if Delta would ever upgrade the service to Delta One since Jetblue just started Mint flights to SAN. If they wanted to I suppose they could have problems sourcing enough aircraft with lie-flats to do it. I don't know from where else on their network they'd pull them from.

redrooster3

Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:52 am

amadorE175 wrote:
panamair wrote:
ll of AA's flights will be 738s, while DL will be using 3x 757s and 1x 738.

It's nice to have a few more options on flight times to JFK. I wonder if Delta would ever upgrade the service to Delta One since Jetblue just started Mint flights to SAN. If they wanted to I suppose they could have problems sourcing enough aircraft with lie-flats to do it. I don't know from where else on their network they'd pull them from.

DL currently operates DL403 with Flatbeds, AKA Delta One. Once in a blue moon, its up-gauged from a 757 to a 763. UA will offer flat beds on this Daytime EWR flight 1150 starting October 29th.

Some interesting new news coming to us is SAN is due for a complete runway overhaul. A arrival curfew will be implemented starting November 15th from Midnight to 5 AM.
Marry one of us, and you'll fly for free!

SANFan
Topic Author

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:41 am

panamair wrote:
I posed this on the AA Europe/PHL/JFK thread, but it looks like both AA and DL will be increasing JFK-SAN nonstops next peak summer. AA will be adding a third daily roundtrip (leaving JFK early morning 7am, leaving SAN mid-day) while DL will be adding a fourth daily (mid morning from JFK arriving SAN in the afternoon, and a late afternoon from SAN arriving JFK before midnight). I believe this is the most nonstops either one has ever had in this market.

Great news!

I do remember that AA has done 3 r/t in the past, maybe for a couple of summers - SAN departures were ~7am, ~1pm, and a redeye.; I don't recall DL ever doing more than 3 r/t (with these same approx. times.)

I have a an educated theory as why the increase in capacity in this market: competition. I wouldn't be surprised if there will be another player in the market in 2018. There have been 'suggestions' that our friends at AAG will be adding SAN-JFK service soon. It might be thru the Virgin unit, or perhaps a 737 but the move to JFK T7 (I think it is) will allow an increase in service by AAG and SAN is on the list!

bb

tphuang

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:17 pm

Not going to happen. AS/VX doesn't have the slots unless they decide to cut back on one of JFK-SFO/LAX. And even then, they are most likely going to try to fortify JFK-SEA route where Delta dominates right now with better product, frequency and corporate contracts. And now, AA/DL is both adding frequency and B6 is adding mint. JFK-SEA is turning into another BOS-SFO. BOS-SEA also has a premium war going where mint is undercutting AS and DL is signficantly undercutting both B6/AS. NYC-SAN is not close to being on top of AS priority.

Also, Delta flat bed is not the same as Delta One. JFK-SEA is not delta one, but most of the flights now have lie flats.

btw, mint is starting off really well on JFK-SAN and they will likely move to 3x sometimes next year also to compete with AA/DL's added flight. It's getting into a crowded market. In other markets, mint flights have hurt AA and AS/VX more than other competitors. I think AA's added flight will be short lived.

amadorE175

Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:29 pm

If it started on VX metal that'd be a first for VX to fly out from SAN to someplace that wasn't SFO. Looking at AS, I'm surprised to see they only fly SEA-JFK once daily against 5x DL, 2x AA, and 2x B6. AS is starting PDX-JFK rather than adding another SEA-JFK flight in November. In light of that, maybe a SAN-JFK flight (conditional on slots) isn't so out of the question.

SANFan
Topic Author

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:24 pm

tphuang wrote:
Not going to happen. AS/VX doesn't have the slots unless they decide to cut back on one of JFK-SFO/LAX. And even then, they are most likely going to try to fortify JFK-SEA route where Delta dominates right now with better product, frequency and corporate contracts. And now, AA/DL is both adding frequency and B6 is adding mint. JFK-SEA is turning into another BOS-SFO. BOS-SEA also has a premium war going where mint is undercutting AS and DL is signficantly undercutting both B6/AS. NYC-SAN is not close to being on top of AS priority.

btw, mint is starting off really well on JFK-SAN and they will likely move to 3x sometimes next year also to compete with AA/DL's added flight. It's getting into a crowded market. In other markets, mint flights have hurt AA and AS/VX more than other competitors. I think AA's added flight will be short lived.

You're a lot more positive that it's NOT going to happen than I am that it WILL happen. I wouldn't be so sure if I were you.

Both the PDX and SEA departures to JFK are redeyes, with New York's return departures in the morning, back to the w/c. I don't believe slots are involved at these times and IMO there's no reason AAG wouldn't schedule a SAN-JFK-SAN exactly the same way. (It would also help alleviate RON overcrowding at SAN, just like it does at PDX and SEA!)

I totally disagree with your statement about AS' top priorities: I think SAN is most definitely a top priority for AAG, including a flight to Kennedy. I will be very surprised if we don't see a r/t in 2018 and I repeat that I think AAG's expected entry in the SAN-JFK market is THE main reason for added capacity by DL, AA and perhaps even B6 next year!

amadorE175 wrote:
If it started on VX metal that'd be a first for VX to fly out from SAN to someplace that wasn't SFO. Looking at AS, I'm surprised to see they only fly SEA-JFK once daily against 5x DL, 2x AA, and 2x B6. AS is starting PDX-JFK rather than adding another SEA-JFK flight in November. In light of that, maybe a SAN-JFK flight (conditional on slots) isn't so out of the question.

I really don't think AS has the gate space (in SEA), slots (at JFK), equipment, or desire to compete one-on-one with DL or AA. As per the announcements and comments made by Air Group management recently, their priority right now is the west coast (including their hubs and focus cities in CA) and I continue to interpret that as they would rather have a few flights from several cities (to Kennedy, for example) than a whole bunch of flights from just SEA and SFO. That, in fact, is why PDX-JFK was added rather than another SEA-JFK flight, and I think that thought process will continue with SAN and possibly SJC seeing flights to JFK as well.

And I agree with you amador': as Virgin begins to fade away, it would be great to see one of their flights depart from SAN heading anywhere besides SFO, wouldn't it! Maybe we'll actually see that happen!

bb

tphuang

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:30 pm

My understanding is that JFK sea does use a slot and so does JFK pdx (which it got from the flight vx used to fly to Fll). Vx also has a flight to Las Vegas which I think as will cancel once mint gets in there since mint has killed vx in all the recent markets and as has no real attachment to this route.

Once that happens, as will most likely protect one of the most critical corporate markets out of Seattle which is its NYC route. Remember it has 3 daily flights to ewr and has only had one slot at JFK for sea thus far. I don't see how you can say it's home market is not the most important one for as. Especially with delta breathing down its neck. A lot of as mvp members would be outraged if that was the case.

Aa is adding a daily flight because it got extra slot from canceling European flights out of JFK. Delta is adding daily flight in response to aa. And b6 will also do it in response to the other 2. Aa also added daily flight to sea and Phoenix and delta has also responded in it's Seattle hub. None of which has anything to do with as and San.

Also if you consider ewr to also be part of New York market, it begs the question why does as have to fly to JFK out of San?

And another question is that since mint has basically set a ceiling on how high as can sell its first class ticket on NYC to San market. And there are only so many people willing to pay 550 to 1000 on this route, how many people would be around to pay for as first class cabin. If there isn't many left once delta and b6 fill its lie flat cabins, can as survive with most of its first class cabin on free upgrades?

Yahnih

Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:26 am

Sorry for being a noob... what is AAG if it's not AA??

kelvin933

Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:29 am

Yahnih wrote:

Air Alaska Group
“Nations have no permanent friends or allies, they only have permanent interests.”

SANFan
Topic Author

Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:55 pm

kelvin933 wrote:
Yahnih wrote:

Air Alaska Group

Technically, it's The Alaska Air Group... That's made up of AS + the QX unit (including OO a/c) + now, the VX unit. Sorry but I like to use AAG instead of AS because of all the EMJs now in operation and they are not really 'AS'. Just me being me.

I'm the noob, not you, Yahnih!

bb

SANFan
Topic Author

Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:41 pm

SAN's pax stats for July just came out and I thought I'd share some of the numbers.

Total pax for July 2017: 2,152,663, up 11.1% y-o-y.

Total pax year-to-date: 12,551,969, up 5.3 over 2016.

Total Int'l pax for July 2017: 101,342, up 13.4% y-o-y.

Int'l pax year-to-date are up 11.6%. Pax using FIS upon arrival at SAN now account for 1.8% of total SAN traffic. (This important number has been steadily increasing all year!)

Interestingly, June pax traffic was up 11.8% and the raw number of pax was also over 2M! According to the stats I've collected over the years, June 2017 was the first month ever that SAN recorded over 2M pax; and July 2017 is the second month to do so! Do I detect a trend here?

There are other interesting numbers and trends but I'll stop here. I'll finish by saying that SAN should certainly see over 21M pax at the end of 2017! Wow!

For anyone interested, the raw data from the SDIA folks can be found at this link: http://www.san.org/DesktopModules/Bring ... &TabId=403

bb

Midwestindy

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:31 pm

Don't know if this is old news, but I heard that SAN ground ops is being staffed 24 hours now to support redeye flights on WN...

SANFan
Topic Author

Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:04 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
Don't know if this is old news, but I heard that SAN ground ops is being staffed 24 hours now to support redeye flights on WN...

I hadn't heard that but it makes sense. WN does not yet offer true e/b redeye service but they are sure offering more and more evening departures here in SAN. With their gate gridlock situation getting closer and closer, redeyes certainly wouldn't hurt in helping to spread flights out more. (And they also help get some of SAN's many RONs eliminated by sending some airplanes out of town for the night.)

Next subject, Midwest'. You reported over on another thread concerning WN's Schedule Extension tomorrow:

reply 219 (Midwestindy): "According to someone who spoke with OAK mechanics about the ETOPS awards yesterday, he said 8 each going to SMF and SJC and then 20 (or may have been 24) going to SAN." (8/27/17)

That seems like very exciting news concerning SAN, WN and Hawaii; would you agree?

The timing is apparently unknown but it seems that WN is going to be flying west to Hawaii sometime in the next year or two, and it's sure starting to look like our little corner of the country might play a role in such service! Redeyes certainly would play a roll in Hawaii service -- especially for HI-west coast flights maximizing connecting opportunities. For example, I could see WN offering a late evening departure from each island they serve in Hawaii (probably 4) with an early morning arrival in SAN, and being able to connect pax to most of the 32 different cities currently served nonstop from SAN!

Just curious what you think. Exciting stuff IMO!

bb

Midwestindy

Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:35 pm

SANFan wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

I hadn't heard that but it makes sense. WN does not yet offer true e/b redeye service but they are sure offering more and more evening departures here in SAN. With their gate gridlock situation getting closer and closer, redeyes certainly wouldn't hurt in helping to spread flights out more. (And they also help get some of SAN's many RONs eliminated by sending some airplanes out of town for the night.)

Next subject, Midwest'. You reported over on another thread concerning WN's Schedule Extension tomorrow:

reply 219 (Midwestindy): "According to someone who spoke with OAK mechanics about the ETOPS awards yesterday, he said 8 each going to SMF and SJC and then 20 (or may have been 24) going to SAN." (8/27/17)

That seems like very exciting news concerning SAN, WN and Hawaii; would you agree?

The timing is apparently unknown but it seems that WN is going to be flying west to Hawaii sometime in the next year or two, and it's sure starting to look like our little corner of the country might play a role in such service! Redeyes certainly would play a roll in Hawaii service -- especially for HI-west coast flights maximizing connecting opportunities. For example, I could see WN offering a late evening departure from each island they serve in Hawaii (probably 4) with an early morning arrival in SAN, and being able to connect pax to most of the 32 different cities currently served nonstop from SAN!

Just curious what you think. Exciting stuff IMO!

bb

I personally very interested in how AS is going to respond to all this potential growth from WN at SAN...

With regards to WN and Hawaii though, it looks like SAN should get a piece of the action (although I don't know how big that piece will be...).

I am also hoping that this extension will mean WN starts SAN-IND a little earlier next year...

Looks like some exciting things to come...

SANFan
Topic Author

Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:49 am

Midwestindy wrote:
I am personally very interested in how AS is going to respond to all this potential growth from WN at SAN...

WN - 32, AS - 29. (TL # nonstop destinations from SAN as of today, August 27.) I'd say AAG is holding their own at SDIA against a very formidable competitor! I also believe they will continue to fight for a healthy share of SAN, as well as market share all over CA! We'll see what WN does in SAN tomorrow, and then wait to see AAG's next route announcement event!

As I've posted elsewhere, I expect that tomorrow SAN will mostly see some WN capacity/frequency increases in markets that AAG recently started or announced; this has been the pattern in the past, by both cx. Perhaps 1 or even 2 new markets for WN but no more than that. In 2017, WN began about 6 new routes at SAN, and AAG did about the same. WN needs to show some luv elsewhere in their network, after all!

Besides the schedule extension, I'm now wondering if there will be any major WN announcements about near-term future events? Hmmm...

Midwestindy wrote:
With regards to WN and Hawaii though, it looks like SAN should get a piece of the action (although I don't know how big that piece will be...)

Nice to think about. I'm still hoping to learn more about those ETOPS awards/bids that were announced the other day. Those ought to tell us something...

Midwestindy wrote:
I am also hoping that this extension will mean WN starts SAN-IND a little earlier next year..

I have a feeling you and I will both be disappointed about this tomorrow. Every week that WN doesn't fly SAN-IND is a week wasted by AAG if they don't jump onto that route themselves. That timer starts this Labor Day, when WN seasonally ends the route. Same thing goes for GEG, and, without the timer, ORF, ELP, etc. (Eventually just about all of these seasonal routes should end up year-round. It's just a matter of when their fleet situation will allow it to happen.)

bb

Midwestindy

Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:12 pm

For those early risers on the West Coast WN added nonstops from San Diego to Puerto Vallarta, El Paso, and Newark

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/bus ... story.html

SANFan
Topic Author

Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:42 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
For those early risers on the West Coast WN added nonstops from San Diego to Puerto Vallarta, El Paso, and Newark

Very impressive to see the U-T getting these announcements right when they were released!

EWR is of course a return of the 'seasonal' service started this summer by WN; sounds like it will be a permanent route from next April on.

ELP is a surprise; I expected someone to start this route as G4's service is, well G4 service. (I'm not even sure if it's still operating or has been axed or dropped seasonally; the U-T says the route is unserved.) WN dropped the route in Nov of 2013 when they were culling many of their shorter routes. The route remained unserved until G4 started it in May but down to 2016, twice weekly service.

The service will apparently be Sunday only and year-round. I imagine it won't stay that way for long but who knows anymore.

PVR is an AAG route and WN will serve it Sat & Sun only (to AS's 3x weekly most of the year Sat only for certain slow periods.) Nice to see another int'l flight/route from WN. Also of interest is that this route is beginning, like ELP, in March, before this new schedule extension's start date.

It's also mentioned that AUS and DAL both see increased service; coincidentally, both these routes have been recently announced by AS -- and AUS by F9... No surprise there but SAN-AUS is sure going to see plenty of seats next year!

BTW, looks like WN will be offering about 113 daily flights next April! I'll have to check my records but I believe that's a record high! This announcement also brings WN to about 34 destinations from SAN!

bb

SANMAN66

Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:48 pm

SDIA should consider adding a few FIS capable gates down at T-1, so
AS and WN can battle it out with the Mexico flights at T-1 without causing major
congestion with the overseas flights. Unless the new FIS gates can handle the
congestion. WN adding PVR is definitely aimed at AS, there's a battle for Mexico
coming, and I don't think they would want all those little 737s mixed in with the 787s,
A340s,and 747 at the FIS gates!
PSA Gives you a lift!

WN732

Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:28 pm

SANFan wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Very impressive to see the U-T getting these announcements right when they were released!

EWR is of course a return of the 'seasonal' service started this summer by WN; sounds like it will be a permanent route from next April on.

ELP is a surprise; I expected someone to start this route as G4's service is, well G4 service. (I'm not even sure if it's still operating or has been axed or dropped seasonally; the U-T says the route is unserved.) WN dropped the route in Nov of 2013 when they were culling many of their shorter routes. The route remained unserved until G4 started it in May but down to 2016, twice weekly service.

The service will apparently be Sunday only and year-round. I imagine it won't stay that way for long but who knows anymore.

PVR is an AAG route and WN will serve it Sat & Sun only (to AS's 3x weekly most of the year Sat only for certain slow periods.) Nice to see another int'l flight/route from WN. Also of interest is that this route is beginning, like ELP, in March, before this new schedule extension's start date.

It's also mentioned that AUS and DAL both see increased service; coincidentally, both these routes have been recently announced by AS -- and AUS by F9... No surprise there but SAN-AUS is sure going to see plenty of seats next year!

BTW, looks like WN will be offering about 113 daily flights next April! I'll have to check my records but I believe that's a record high! This announcement also brings WN to about 34 destinations from SAN!

bb

I'm so glad to see ELP. I hope it goes daily soon.

SANFan
Topic Author

Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:30 am

WN732 wrote:
I'm so glad to see ELP. I hope it goes daily soon.

I'm firmly believing someone will, and my money's on AS!

BTW, I finally got a chance to look up Allegiant's schedules and SAN-ELP is discontinued between Sep 3 and Sep 28, then on Jan 2, 2018, it quits operating until early April. WHEN the flight op's, it is mainly twice weekly. If the route sees primarily business, military, and border patrol folks, plus some O&D and vacationers, IMO, G4 just doesn't cut it.

So it would seem to me that either AS or WN could serve the market regularly, permanently, and while maybe not daily, certainly more than twice weekly. (In 2016, DOT stats show a PDEW of roughly 60, which is why I keep calling for AAG and their EMJ to serve the route!)

Now that we've heard from WN and their schedule extension, I am even more anxious to see what AAG is going to do next!

bb

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos