User avatar
BawliBooch
Topic Author
Posts: 1320
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:24 am

Threads taken down without notice

Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:34 am

Would like to draw the attention of the moderators and members to some threads being taken down without notice.

I had started a thread on Indigo A320NEO's facing multiple instances of engine shutdowns and smoke in cabins. There were FOUR such incidents in Dec 2018 alone. Is this not a serious issue that merits a discussion on an Aviation forum?


If members are being abusive, making personal attacks and breaking forum rules, then action should be taken against those members. Why take down the threads? Isnt that going to encourage these members?

Request a response from the moderators.
Mr.Kapoor's favorite poodle!
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Posts: 3121
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Threads taken down without notice

Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:08 am

BawliBooch wrote:
Would like to draw the attention of the moderators and members to some threads being taken down without notice.

I had started a thread on Indigo A320NEO's facing multiple instances of engine shutdowns and smoke in cabins. There were FOUR such incidents in Dec 2018 alone. Is this not a serious issue that merits a discussion on an Aviation forum?


If members are being abusive, making personal attacks and breaking forum rules, then action should be taken against those members. Why take down the threads? Isnt that going to encourage these members?

Request a response from the moderators.

There have been no threads started by you in the Civil Aviation Forum that have been deleted in the past six weeks. It is possible that your posts were merged into existing discussions. If you're searching your own posts, it's possible that it's not displaying; we've had intermittent issues with that in the past few months. User posts sometimes aren't coming up in searches, but it doesn't mean anything was deleted.

In any event, the onus isn't on us to contact you about thread or post deletions. It's your responsibility to contact us to ask about deletions. We don't have an automated notification system (despite our repeated requests), and we don't have time to contact every user for every deletion. You can contact us at moderators@airliners.net any time one of your posts or threads are removed. However, it appears that in this case, nothing you're describing was removed by us.

We don't delete entire threads because of exchanges of personal attacks. We remove the offending posts, and lock the thread if necessary. Threads themselves are only removed if they are in violation of forum rules, but we never punish the OP for offensive replies to their thread.
 
User avatar
BawliBooch
Topic Author
Posts: 1320
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:24 am

Re: Threads taken down without notice

Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:17 am

Thank you for the response @atcsundevil.
Mr.Kapoor's favorite poodle!
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 1342
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Threads taken down without notice

Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:55 pm

???? There's been a ton of disappearing threads lately. Is there a new mod or something? It's getting bizarre. I also saw the above mentioned thread, which disappeared.
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Posts: 3121
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Threads taken down without notice

Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:59 pm

Jouhou wrote:
???? There's been a ton of disappearing threads lately. Is there a new mod or something? It's getting bizarre. I also saw the above mentioned thread, which disappeared.

We aren't deleting threads. We're starting to notice some strange things going on with the site on our end, so it could be related. The newest mod has been around for a close to 18 months, so no newbies. I suspect we're having site glitches, but it's hard to pinpoint exactly what's happening.
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 1342
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Threads taken down without notice

Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:19 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
???? There's been a ton of disappearing threads lately. Is there a new mod or something? It's getting bizarre. I also saw the above mentioned thread, which disappeared.

We aren't deleting threads. We're starting to notice some strange things going on with the site on our end, so it could be related. The newest mod has been around for a close to 18 months, so no newbies. I suspect we're having site glitches, but it's hard to pinpoint exactly what's happening.


Ok, Its only been happening for the past 1-3 weeks so I guess it isn't a new mod. I'm not sure if you've noticed, there are people acting deeply suspicious of mods having a political agenda which I didn't think seemed right since I don't believe you guys are even all from the same country. If you see rage-posts around here about that, this is the root cause of people having those suspicions.

It happens more with threads with strong emotions, it could be a glitch involving the deletion of individual posts resulting in the entire thread disappearing.
 
User avatar
SQ22
Moderator
Posts: 979
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am

Re: Threads taken down without notice

Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:13 pm

Jouhou wrote:
???? There's been a ton of disappearing threads lately. Is there a new mod or something? It's getting bizarre. I also saw the above mentioned thread, which disappeared.


I have deleted one thread today because the initital post was violating forum rules. You have posted in this thread, so I guess this is the one you are referring to. As mentioned above there are some glitches and it seems not everything is being displayed as normal. Developers have already been contacted.

Please note that we are not discussing the reason in public but with the topic author only.
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Posts: 3121
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Threads taken down without notice

Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:50 pm

SQ22 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
???? There's been a ton of disappearing threads lately. Is there a new mod or something? It's getting bizarre. I also saw the above mentioned thread, which disappeared.


I have deleted one thread today because the initital post was violating forum rules. You have posted in this thread, so I guess this is the one you are referring to. As mentioned above there are some glitches and it seems not everything is being displayed as normal. Developers have already been contacted.

My mistake — I hadn't realized anything had been removed today.

Jouhou wrote:
I'm not sure if you've noticed, there are people acting deeply suspicious of mods having a political agenda which I didn't think seemed right since I don't believe you guys are even all from the same country. If you see rage-posts around here about that, this is the root cause of people having those suspicions.

It happens more with threads with strong emotions, it could be a glitch involving the deletion of individual posts resulting in the entire thread disappearing.

We've had accusations against us for probably as long as this site has existed. I've been accused of being biased for conservatives, liberals, Airbus, Boeing, America, being anti-American. I've been accused of over moderating and not moderating enough. At some point, if I'm being accused of being biased for conflicting things, I guess it works out in the end, right?

We're all from different countries, different political leanings, different backgrounds; however, we all love aviation and we care about this site. Because of that, we all take our roles here seriously. We volunteer our time to help make this site a place for positive discussion, and we're all careful not to let our own personal opinions interfere. I can't say that bias has never played a factor, that's just the nature of human interaction, but we're cognizant of our actions and try our best to judge things irrespective of our own feelings.

Some people will refuse to ever believe that we make this effort and would rather believe in conspiracy theories, but that's their prerogative. It isn't reality.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos