cofannyc
Topic Author

New Weekly OAG Thread? Europe?

Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:25 pm

Hi all,

Like many of you, I have been enjoying enilria's Weekly OAG Thread. I was thinking of creating a version for another region and wanted to see if people would be interested.

It will take me a little bit of time to get up to speed so I was thinking about rolling out a European version like this:

1. Intra-Europe comparing this week's schedule to last week's
2. All flights to/from Europe comparing this week's schedule to last week's
3. Finally, getting to....all flights to/from Europe comparing this week to last week and last year

Let me know if there is interest for this and I'll start working on producing the first version.

Thanks!

User001

Re: New Weekly OAG Thread? Europe?

Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:46 pm

I would certainly enjoy such a thread if it is possible for you to do. I would expect it will take a lot of compiling but would certainly be interesting.

Bobloblaw

Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:06 pm

Trans Atlantic would be great.

VS4ever

Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:18 pm

I think the file extraction and manipulation could be huge, given the number of routes, airlines etc. But given the information that comes out of the US version, I think many would enjoy a European version to see what's going on there. I know i would..
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

tphuang

Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:20 pm

I would love to see that too.

Socrates17

Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:27 pm

I think that's a terrific idea. I lack anything approaching the self-discipline or technical skills to do it myself, but if you (or anyone else) is game I'll be a regular reader.
You Can't Take the Sky from Me

cofannyc
Topic Author

Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:29 pm

VS4ever wrote:
I think the file extraction and manipulation could be huge, given the number of routes, airlines etc. But given the information that comes out of the US version, I think many would enjoy a European version to see what's going on there. I know i would..

Yeah I think there's definitely a data issue in terms of size, which is why I'm thinking of rolling it out slowly and building up from intra-Europe to see what the size and time requirements might be. Given the responses so far, I'm going to start working on it the next few weeks as a trial for data integrity, work flow, and time commitment with a target of December for the first live thread.

VS4ever

Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:55 pm

cofannyc wrote:
VS4ever wrote:

Yeah I think there's definitely a data issue in terms of size, which is why I'm thinking of rolling it out slowly and building up from intra-Europe to see what the size and time requirements might be. Given the responses so far, I'm going to start working on it the next few weeks as a trial for data integrity, work flow, and time commitment with a target of December for the first live thread.

if you want someone to bounce ideas off or formats, DM me and would be happy to help.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.