Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager
Topic Author

Update - Punch List of Bugs, Errors, Requests

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:52 pm

Hi All

Here is a punch list of issues reported, in progress, or resolved to keep you all in the loop. Thank you all for helping to report issues.

Outstanding Items Not in any specific Order

- Error Server encountered, Error 500, Error 502 when clicking on photos, forum links and upload pages
- Page time outs when trying to load a page in forum, photo or upload page
- Site slow to load pages when not leading to page time outs
- Unable to upload pictures to the site
- Thumbnails broken
- Large images not displaying or loading properly
- Error message received when trying to view Top 24 of last 24 Hours
- Page refreshes required if pages don't load
- Thumbnails broken in Photo Corner
- Thumbnails missing
- Uploaded images not appearing in the database

Please feel free to add by replying with any other issues you encounter. Our developers are working to resolve these issues and we will update with any fixes when we have them. Some of the bugs may no longer be an issue and we will update once we are certain a bug is specifically is fixed, we will remove these from the outstanding list.

Paul and Jeff M

HarryLi
Screener

Re: Update - Punch List of Bugs, Errors, Requests

Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:14 am

Hi Paul,
Is it necessary to include accepted images but did not appear in our DB ?

Regards,
Harry

Runway28L

Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:29 am

I’ll add that some of my photo uploads are somehow being duplicated in my queue. I had a photo accepted two days ago and that image was somehow duplicated and I now just got an unexpected double rejection.

I’ve had to double check and so far I’ve caught a few copies that were unexpectedly sitting in my queue.

United787

Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:48 pm

How do you change your password?
How do you change your profile picture?

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager
Topic Author

Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:19 pm

Hi United 787

You change your password at the following link: https://www.airliners.net/user/account/ ... s/security
You change your profile picture at the following link: https://www.airliners.net/user/account/settings

Regards

Paul

paddesky

Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:20 pm

Hi folks,

Just a quick question,
Why I'm not able to open the site from Iran, seems you banned Iranian IP, pity
I have to use VPNs in order to come and surf the Airliners and believe it or not it's quite difficult with slow connections. Can't you fix this thing plz? It wasn't like this 2 years ago.

Cheers

ChrisLait

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:04 am

Is there a current issue displaying approved photos? I have a number of approved photos that seem to be stuck at “approved pending processing”. They have been stuck at this point for over 4 hours now where they are normally available instantly.

Thanks

airkas1

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:38 am

Yes, same issues as recently. Please don't upload any photos, as chances are they are getting corrupt. We've also halted screening for the time being.

airkas1

Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:48 pm

Things seem to work again, so we're back to screening and uploading photos should work again too.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:32 pm

Obviously on some shots accepted yesterday, the view count is still stuck. But maybe it is being solved, as on shots from today it seems to work. So maybe it takes its time to reindex them.

akirauekawa

Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:15 pm

Hi, the view count on my latest shot (ID:5291177) remains zero. Please check it out.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:16 pm

Same for me 5288229 also stuck ar 191 views the whole day.

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager
Topic Author

Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:58 pm

Hi All

These issues have been resolved and as Kas noted we're screening again. I'll get the developers to check out the view counters for images which remain stuck

Paul

akirauekawa

Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:10 am

PanAm_DC10 wrote:
Hi All

These issues have been resolved and as Kas noted we're screening again. I'll get the developers to check out the view counters for images which remain stuck

Paul

Hi Paul, thanks as always for your and the team's hard work. Right now it seems like the issue is still ongoing, as something is wrong on the view counter not only for my photos but also for some others.

CarbonFibre

Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:57 am

The grammar and spelling on the home page is terrible.

airkas1

Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:04 am

Both fixed. But I'm sure you can understand that we have an international team and these things happen. Surely you're not always 100% perfect with spelling either?

CarbonFibre

Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:23 pm

It still says Carojet.

yeogeo

Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:55 pm

I find that when I try to edit my post there's a 50/50 chance that instead of the edit a duplicate post is produced. I see a lot of dup posts on the site, so I know its not affecting only me. Hasn't anyone brought this up before? I'm tempted to edit this post for an example! Cheers! Okay, the edit worked this time :) oh well - it IS a problem I find.

SATexan

Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:26 am

I posted a new topic on Civil Aviation and it went missing right away! Not a trace...

atcsundevil

Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:38 am

SATexan wrote:
I posted a new topic on Civil Aviation and it went missing right away! Not a trace...

This isn't really the correct thread to raise this issue. This thread is regarding technical fixes with the site. It would have been preferable to either post a new topic in Site Related, or better yet, email us at moderators@airliners.net.

I assume you're referring to this thread? viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1410525&p=20926219#p20926219

Your thread was not deleted or disappeared, it was moved to the Travel Forum. That is the correct forum placement for that thread. You can also find it by viewing your posts from your profile.

SATexan

Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:26 am

atcsundevil wrote:
SATexan wrote:
I assume you're referring to this thread? viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1410525&p=20926219#p20926219

Your thread was not deleted or disappeared, it was moved to the Travel Forum.

Well, I'm sorry, I did not see the thread in my profile. I did not get alerts regarding the responses I got for the same. I also did not get any notification from the mods regarding the thread being moved. Anyways, Now that you've told me where the thread is, consider this matter as closed.

dara88

Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:10 am

Hey guys, didn't know where to post this. The IATA code of Karaj - Payam Airport (KRJ) is incorrect and has to be changed to PYK.
Have a nice day,
Dara

airkas1

Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:18 pm

dara88 wrote:
Hey guys, didn't know where to post this. The IATA code of Karaj - Payam Airport (KRJ) is incorrect and has to be changed to PYK.
Have a nice day,
Dara

I will inform the editors, thanks!
For similar things, you can E-mail editors[at]airliners.net.

Veigar

Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:28 pm

I think this is a good thread for me to ask. I can't seem to change my avatar at all and in the past it has always shifted to random older avatars I had, and now I can't change my avatar at all as it just blocks my access. Anyone know why this is? Thanks.

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager
Topic Author

Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:22 pm

Hi Veigar

Thanks for reporting this and making us aware of it. We'll look into it and try to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Paul

Veigar

Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:12 am

When do you think it'll be fixed? I haven't been faceless since I joined!...

I should actually further explain it. In general, avatar changing for me has been incredibly buggy. For example, it'd take weeks for my new avatar to show up on the forum, and recently when I changed my avatar, it used an even older avatar from ages ago instead of updating to the new one.

However now, after I deleted my previous avatar, it's just completely blocked me off from changing.

1337Delta764

Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:53 am

I actually wanted to change my avatar as well.

VertScopeJeff

Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:21 pm

Noted and we are looking into this.

Standby for updates.

Jeff M

Tiger119

Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:17 pm

There are videos of the moving of the Corendon Boeing 747 (former KLM I believe) all over YouTube. I am just curious as to why they did this? I am not questioning their reasoning, I'm just curious why a company would spend all this energy, money, and other resources to move this beautiful air frame. I did a search on A.net and found a string (I'm sure there are more than one string). Now that I found a string I want to read, several words in the initial post and in the comments that are reversed highlighted yellow that is so bright I am unable to read those particular words. Is there a way that I, as a viewer, am able to tone that yellow down or off completely after I found an existing string? Otherwise, I am spending time trying to figure away around it instead of enjoying reading information off the site.

hOMSaR

Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:30 pm

Tiger119 wrote:
There are videos of the moving of the Corendon Boeing 747 (former KLM I believe) all over YouTube. I am just curious as to why they did this? I am not questioning their reasoning, I'm just curious why a company would spend all this energy, money, and other resources to move this beautiful air frame. I did a search on A.net and found a string (I'm sure there are more than one string). Now that I found a string I want to read, several words in the initial post and in the comments that are reversed highlighted yellow that is so bright I am unable to read those particular words. Is there a way that I, as a viewer, am able to tone that yellow down or off completely after I found an existing string? Otherwise, I am spending time trying to figure away around it instead of enjoying reading information off the site.

When you search for certain words on the site, those words are highlighted. If you look at the URL in your address bar, there should be text at the end that says &hilit=Airbus+A320 (In this case, it is highlighting the terms Airbus and A320). Just delete the &hilit and any text after that in the URL and it should go away.

outbackair

Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:04 am

PanAm_DC10 wrote:
Hi Veigar

Thanks for reporting this and making us aware of it. We'll look into it and try to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Paul

I'm having the same problem. Try to save profile with an avatar and I get the 'you've been blocked' message.

Asturias

Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:42 pm

PanAm_DC10 wrote:
Hi Veigar

Paul

I'm having the exact same problem as well, I get that annoying and unhelpful Cloudflare block when I try to save my profile after uploading a profile picture (jpg of clouds, smaller than 500px)

Runway28L

Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:03 am

The site has been pretty glitchy for me tonight. Posts I’ve seen are still showing up as “unread” and whenever I select “Civil Aviation” to exit a thread I’m in, it instead redirects me to another random thread. I’ve also been getting loading errors and server errors on occasion that say “there are too many connections at once”.

Anyone also having this issue?

c933103

Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:21 am

The
[url][/url]
bbcode cannot handle Unicode characters, please fix it: for example:
[url]https://news.mingpao.com/pns/經濟/article/20190325/s00004/1553453135880/快運鍾國頌-與海航意見分歧-首向外解釋「糾紛」-稱無意撤出快運[/url]

seat64k

Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:27 pm

Problem: New post notification takes me to the wrong post:

Reproduce: New notification on the bell icon. Click bell, click the article.

What's expected: Take me to the first post I haven't yet seen

What actually happens: Instead of taking me to the first post since the last time I viewed the thread, it takes me to some position between the start of the page and the last comment I read. The position appears consistent, but differs from thread to thread

Examples:

1. https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=21242825#p21242825

Clicking the notification for this thread takes me to post #208 instead of #220.

2. https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1411909&view=unread#unread

Clicking the notification for this thread takes me to the top of the page - #51 instead of #75

This has been happening for the last week or two. Sorry it's not terribly specific, at first I just thought maybe the page didn't load properly or maybe I remembered wrong. It only happens on some threads, not all. For example, it hasn't (yet) happened on this one:

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1411835&view=unread#unread

Thanks

Barbro

Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:55 am

Boy, I (still!) miss the statistics page.....

PA110

Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:17 am

So is there any chance we're going to see proper HTML rendering of quotation marks on the home page forum crawl?

blrsea

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:51 pm

Is it by design that clicking on topic links pops up an ads page to some other site? Seeing this pretty regularly on mobile, and also on desktop couple of times. This is pretty annoying, especially for those who had paid membership fee before site became free. Is there any plans to do this only for unsigned users? Many forums show such annoying ads behaviors only for anonymous users and not signed-in users.

Veigar

Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:09 am

Asturias wrote:
PanAm_DC10 wrote:
Hi Veigar

Paul

I'm having the exact same problem as well, I get that annoying and unhelpful Cloudflare block when I try to save my profile after uploading a profile picture (jpg of clouds, smaller than 500px)

Looks like three months have passed and this major major bug still hasn't been fixed.

Asturias

Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:01 pm

Veigar wrote:
Asturias wrote:
PanAm_DC10 wrote:
Hi Veigar

Paul

Looks like three months have passed and this major major bug still hasn't been fixed.

Yes, that is unfortunate. One would think the forum administrators were capable of fixing this bug as soon as possible. It doesn't make the forum look good to let this bug fester for so long.

Btblue

Thu May 02, 2019 8:18 pm

Asturias wrote:
Veigar wrote:
Asturias wrote:

Yes, that is unfortunate. One would think the forum administrators were capable of fixing this bug as soon as possible. It doesn't make the forum look good to let this bug fester for so long.
I've been having this problem for months. I've emailed twice, no reply. A work around is to use the tapatalk app, which I'm using now.

Also my membership length is wrong. I was a first class member back in 2000. Talking of which, I'd happily subscribe to the site in such a way, just like the old days.

Hope you can get this cloud flare issues sorted. Once logging in I cannot access any part of the site at all. For a time I thought I'd been banned.

Cheers.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Ceejay12

Sat May 04, 2019 6:29 pm

When I come onto the site it gives me notifications for ALL posts in ALL Ttopics instead of the few posts I’m subscribed to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

c933103

Sat May 11, 2019 5:07 pm

Bug/Problem/etc:
- Clicking the "Forum" button at https://www.airliners.net/user/account/ ... s/security page lead to an error message["No route found for "GET /{logged in user name}/profile/settings"]
- At https://www.airliners.net/user/c933103/profile , a link to "my website" have been produced even thought no HTTP link was set there
- The personal homepage setting only support http and not support https
- At the FAQ page here: faq.php#f1r6 the description about avatar setting is incorrect.
- At forum user panel, when I tried to change the setting at "My date format:" for the board preference, if I use "Y-m-d H:i:s.v" for the setting there, everything in the forum will be incorrectly displayed as being posted last year.

YRA

Mon May 13, 2019 5:00 pm

On my iPhone, I am getting the annoying page redirect to either the Amazon spinning wheel promo or a google promo (often something saying I’ve won $1,000, etc.) The ads are becoming more and more frequent. Can you please advise?

9MMPD

Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:34 am

It looks like the view counter is stuck.

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager
Topic Author

Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:25 am

Hi

The view counters have been fixed thanks for reporting

Paul

dgimage

Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:44 pm

I am not getting any e mails when images accepted or rejected. Biggest pain is when personal message is mentioned, I can't see it, if not on an email. Example today was a rejection due to info, but the personal message, from the screener, I assume was telling me where I went wrong. Is it an issue with the system, or my settings?? Thanks for any assistance.

airkas1

Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:27 pm

It’s likely on your end, as you’re currently the only user I know of that is experiencing this. I got my E-mails just fine over the past few days.

Is the photo you’re referencing the RAF BAe146?

dgimage

Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:08 pm

No, most recent was OK JFA Beech 400.

airkas1

Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:19 pm

dgimage wrote:
No, most recent was OK JFA Beech 400.

The personal reads: "Aircraft is untitled and should be titled as such. Untitled (Time Air)".
Airline 1 = Untitled
Airline 2 = Time Air