Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Barbro
Topic Author

Data integrity no longer a value?

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:55 pm

Hi

Lately (...over the last two yrs or so...) I've noticed that info on photo subject is often incorrect or not as good as could be expected.
Just popped up with a photo of SAAB 340 ES-LSE that was marked down as HA-LWL c/n 4726 or something... Just a couple of days ago noticed a Ryanair B737-8AS, almost ten pics were marked as "Boeing 737-800", but the FIRST pic of the plane had the exact model "Boeing 737-8AS".
Every uploader gets it wrong every now and then, but it used to be the screener who would ask for a correction.

Is data integrity no longer a value at A.net?

Mika B

airkas1

Re: Data integrity no longer a value?

Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:42 pm

Hi Mika,

I see the issue with ES-LSE. I find a TK Boeing 737. Lately we've been experiencing a bug during screening, where photos and info suddenly get mixed up. Unfortunately we haven't been able to find the bug yet. I've submitted a correction for that particular photo now.

As for the "-800 vs. -8AS" example, please read this thread first: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1353727. So depending on which Ryanair registration you viewed, those 10 are correct and the first photo has the wrong info.

Data integrity is very important and I spend a good amount of my 'A.net dedicated' time correcting info for example. If you see someonething that's incorrect, please alert the editors via E-mail or submit a correction yourself.