Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Andre3K
Topic Author

Do the mods take everything personally?

Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:08 am

If I state a FACT about the moderation here, and get a harsh response even though I don't , #1. Know who all the mods are #2 Care who the mods are in the least bit, does that mean some are taking things personally? I mean there has to be at least 20 mods here, why do I always have issues with the same ones even though I have never singles anyone out?

atcsundevil

Re: Do the mods take everything personally?

Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:25 am

There are only about a half dozen mods who regularly review reported posts, so no, there aren't that many of us.

You won't get a "harsh response" if you provide your comments/criticism in the right place. Discussing moderation in a topic outside of the Site Related Forum is off-topic, plain and simple.

If you have constructive comments, we're happy to hear them, but blind criticism and accusing us of things without evidence or description is pretty pointless. If you're upset about a deletion, then ask us about it, and you'll receive an answer, as was explained to you. We won't discuss it in an open forum for privacy reasons.

I can't speak for the other mods, but no, I don't take anything personally here, but I appreciate the concern.

CCGPV

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:30 am

atcsundevil wrote:
We won't discuss it in an open forum for privacy reasons

:lol:

How convenient.

atcsundevil

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:35 am

CCGPV wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:

How convenient.

This is a longstanding policy. Most users appreciate the fact that we respect user privacy, which is why we won't discuss issues with individual users in an open setting. I'm not sure why that would be funny or convenient.

CCGPV

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:00 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:

How convenient.

This is a longstanding policy. Most users appreciate the fact that we respect user privacy, which is why we won't discuss issues with individual users in an open setting. I'm not sure why that would be funny or convenient.

Because the flippant and dismissive responses never see the light of day.

The user did start a public thread about it. I think that's a pretty good indication they are OK with discussing this issue publicly.

Also, why is there no actual privacy or safety on the site with lack of a secure login? What's protecting our data from being stolen? Isn't that standard practice on just about every website in 2018?

atcsundevil

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:47 pm

CCGPV wrote:
Because the flippant and dismissive responses never see the light of day.

Not exactly sure what this means, but okay.

CCGPV wrote:
The user did start a public thread about it. I think that's a pretty good indication they are OK with discussing this issue publicly.

That's fine. It doesn't change our policy though. I'm happy to discuss any action I take with the applicable user, but it needs to be in a private format. I apply that same standard to every user in every situation, and I believe most moderators operate in the same manner.

CCGPV wrote:
Also, why is there no actual privacy or safety on the site with lack of a secure login? What's protecting our data from being stolen? Isn't that standard practice on just about every website in 2018?

I don't run the website, nor do I work for the website, so you're asking the wrong person. We have our policies, and VerticalScope does their own thing. You'll have to take that up with them.

artofzen

Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:10 pm

I'm curious to know why mods don't say 'Hi' when responding, they just mention a persons name, instead of 'Hi John' just 'John', comes off as unfriendly, it's an av-fan site not a workplace.