Andre3K
Topic Author
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 10:11 pm

Do the mods take everything personally?

Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:08 am

If I state a FACT about the moderation here, and get a harsh response even though I don't , #1. Know who all the mods are #2 Care who the mods are in the least bit, does that mean some are taking things personally? I mean there has to be at least 20 mods here, why do I always have issues with the same ones even though I have never singles anyone out?
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Posts: 2639
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Do the mods take everything personally?

Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:25 am

There are only about a half dozen mods who regularly review reported posts, so no, there aren't that many of us.

You won't get a "harsh response" if you provide your comments/criticism in the right place. Discussing moderation in a topic outside of the Site Related Forum is off-topic, plain and simple.

If you have constructive comments, we're happy to hear them, but blind criticism and accusing us of things without evidence or description is pretty pointless. If you're upset about a deletion, then ask us about it, and you'll receive an answer, as was explained to you. We won't discuss it in an open forum for privacy reasons.

I can't speak for the other mods, but no, I don't take anything personally here, but I appreciate the concern.
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Do the mods take everything personally?

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:30 am

atcsundevil wrote:
We won't discuss it in an open forum for privacy reasons


:lol:

How convenient.
Stay curious
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Posts: 2639
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Do the mods take everything personally?

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:35 am

CCGPV wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:
We won't discuss it in an open forum for privacy reasons


:lol:

How convenient.

This is a longstanding policy. Most users appreciate the fact that we respect user privacy, which is why we won't discuss issues with individual users in an open setting. I'm not sure why that would be funny or convenient.
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Do the mods take everything personally?

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:00 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:
We won't discuss it in an open forum for privacy reasons


:lol:

How convenient.

This is a longstanding policy. Most users appreciate the fact that we respect user privacy, which is why we won't discuss issues with individual users in an open setting. I'm not sure why that would be funny or convenient.


Because the flippant and dismissive responses never see the light of day.

The user did start a public thread about it. I think that's a pretty good indication they are OK with discussing this issue publicly.

Also, why is there no actual privacy or safety on the site with lack of a secure login? What's protecting our data from being stolen? Isn't that standard practice on just about every website in 2018?
Stay curious
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Posts: 2639
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Do the mods take everything personally?

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:47 pm

CCGPV wrote:
Because the flippant and dismissive responses never see the light of day.

Not exactly sure what this means, but okay.

CCGPV wrote:
The user did start a public thread about it. I think that's a pretty good indication they are OK with discussing this issue publicly.

That's fine. It doesn't change our policy though. I'm happy to discuss any action I take with the applicable user, but it needs to be in a private format. I apply that same standard to every user in every situation, and I believe most moderators operate in the same manner.

CCGPV wrote:
Also, why is there no actual privacy or safety on the site with lack of a secure login? What's protecting our data from being stolen? Isn't that standard practice on just about every website in 2018?

I don't run the website, nor do I work for the website, so you're asking the wrong person. We have our policies, and VerticalScope does their own thing. You'll have to take that up with them.
 
artofzen
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:38 am

Re: Do the mods take everything personally?

Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:10 pm

I'm curious to know why mods don't say 'Hi' when responding, they just mention a persons name, instead of 'Hi John' just 'John', comes off as unfriendly, it's an av-fan site not a workplace.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FAST Enterprise [Crawler] and 3 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos