Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

readytotaxi
Topic Author

Aviation republic.com

Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:16 pm

Am I allowed to refer to this site or does it break rule 1.k? is it considered a competitor.

vcruvinel
Support

Re: Aviation republic.com

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:22 pm

readytotaxi wrote:
Am I allowed to refer to this site or does it break rule 1.k? is it considered a competitor.

It's all depens from the content and intention. See:

k. Links to Competing Sites
1. Do not post links or references to other sites which compete directly with or seek to diminish the mission of Airliners.net.

Also see..

b. Use of Links to External Sites

1. You may post links to mainstream websites that are of relevance to a discussion. However, gratuitous, unmerited, and/or repeated linking of images or text hosted on websites other than Airliners.net is not permitted. External links should be accompanied by your own comments (see Section 1i – Low Quality Posts).
2. Do not post links or references to external websites for forum readers to obtain your own text that could have been posted within the thread itself. This includes links to personal blogs and social networking sites. If they are your own words or images, we ask that you post them here.
3. Use of your own blog or website as a means of self-promotion is not permitted without prior Moderator approval.

If not included in this terms, you can post, no problem.

Best Regards,

Vinicius Cruvinel

atcsundevil

Re: Aviation republic.com

Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:08 am

readytotaxi wrote:

I wouldn't generally see a problem with it. At a quick glance, some of the stories look a bit tabloid-y to me, so at the very least, you may get some snarky comments if you post some of that. I wouldn't really call it a "reputable" source because it appears to primarily be opinion pieces, but there's a place for things like that on this forum. Just use your discretion and post things that you think would make for a productive discussion. Some users seem to create threads merely as fodder, so as long as you're posting something from that site that would actually be of interest to users here, then that's okay by me.

The "competitor" rule mainly refers to other online forums which directly compete for our users' attention. If someone were to link to a thread on FlyerTalk, for example, it could tangibly hurt our forum if someone found their site to be more interesting than ours. News sites aren't competitors because we aren't a news site, even though some users seem to treat it as such. Our other concern with regard to this subject is users linking to their own websites or blogs. It's unacceptable to us, and indeed to most users, that someone would use this site for their own personal gain. As long as you're not affiliated with the site you're linking to, then it isn't an issue.