Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

unrave
Topic Author

What is the policy on banning abusive users?

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:33 am

A particular user who is usually active on Indian aviation related threads has been repeatedly flouting the rules regarding personal attacks. In fact his only mode of argument seems to be resorting to name calling and insulting. I have reported several offending posts of this user, directed at me as well as other users, and the mods have been prompt in removing them, but he seems to continue unchecked.

Do we have a policy of banning users after x number of rule violations?

qf789

Re: What is the policy on banning abusive users?

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:47 am

unrave wrote:
A particular user who is usually active on Indian aviation related threads has been repeatedly flouting the rules regarding personal attacks. In fact his only mode of argument seems to be resorting to name calling and insulting. I have reported several offending posts of this user, directed at me as well as other users, and the mods have been prompt in removing them, but he seems to continue unchecked.

Do we have a policy of banning users after x number of rule violations?

There is a process before we ban a user. This normally involves at first deleting posts and if it happens several times the user will be contacted and told of the rules broken and not to do it again. If it is repeated a warning is normally issued. If the user still is violating the rules after that a ban in issued on the users accounts. Bans normally start at around 3 days though that depends on the violation. If a user is seen breaking the same rule after they have been banned they may receive another ban, normally in most cases the ban will be doubled the previous ban. Having said that another consideration is that we must take each rule violation in regards to some rules such as personal attacks on a case by case basis as you can not have one ruling for everything. When we ban someone we use that as a last resort, if we can try and address the issue beforehand we will. I am aware of who you are referring to and that user is being monitored by the mods but as mentioned we have to follow the process first.