Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LPSHobby
Topic Author

Why my Boeing offer US$ 6 billion for EMBRAER was deleted?

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:22 am

what was wrong with this topic? It´s the second time you delete a topic of mine with no explanation

qf789

Re: Why my Boeing offer US$ 6 billion for EMBRAER was deleted?

Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:42 pm

LPSHobby wrote:
what was wrong with this topic? It´s the second time you delete a topic of mine with no explanation

This topic and another one you started were deleted as they only contained a link with none of your own comments which is a violation of the rules. As stated in the rules

As this is a discussion forum, do not post links, news stories or press releases without adding your own comments to them. Our members can get news in many places. It is your comments that will make the post interesting and worth responding to. Please see the forum rule which addresses copyrighted material from other sites and sources.

As for not receiving an explanation, we are waiting on email notifications to work again but that is out of our control and it simply is not practical for us to email every moderator action (deletion, moved thread, locked thread)

KarelXWB

Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:09 pm

Also note that we have an active topic on the same subject: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1381717&start=300#p20107185

Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:10 pm

There are few more cranky people complaining about similar things in this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1384571

I was thinking of replying to that topic, but given another one on the same subject was reportedly removed (I didn't see it), I won't because this newer topic might also be removed as well. That doesn't encourage people to get involved in the forums, let alone posting any detailed replies.

atcsundevil

Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:11 am

cpd wrote:
I was thinking of replying to that topic, but given another one on the same subject was reportedly removed (I didn't see it), I won't because this newer topic might also be removed as well. That doesn't encourage people to get involved in the forums, let alone posting any detailed replies.

The issue is that it annoys many users when someone starts a topic with just a link or a short sentence. It doesn't really add any benefit to the forum when someone does that. It's important that users know that when posting, it is their responsibility to have a basic understanding what's contained in the forum rules. It's actually a condition of maintaining an account. The rules are very clear on this particular subject:

As this is a discussion forum, do not post links, news stories or press releases without adding your own comments to them. Our members can get news in many places. It is your comments that will make the post interesting and worth responding to. Please see the forum rule which addresses copyrighted material from other sites and sources.

Our intent certainly isn't to discourage anyone from posting. Our intent is to ensure the site maintains a certain posting standard from a quality perspective. If users don't understand why a post or thread was deleted, they can always contact us directly to enquire. However, in the case of only posting a link to start a thread, the question would have been answered had there been a basic familiarity with the forum rules.