Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LCKip
Topic Author

Airliners access.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:51 am

Since yesterday afternoon/evening access to Anet is difficult. Long response time and often a 504 Gateway Timeout. Only now and then, like now, I can access. Are there technical problems?

qf789

Re: Airliners access.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:10 am

LCKip wrote:
Since yesterday afternoon/evening access to Anet is difficult. Long response time and often a 504 Gateway Timeout. Only now and then, like now, I can access. Are there technical problems?

I have noticed it a couple of times though thought it was my internet provider as that is unreliable here in Australia. I have sent an email to the developers and hopefully they will have an answer soon. Please note they wont be online for a few hours

scbriml

Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:05 am

Been getting it here in the UK for a couple of days. Site just about unusable at times.

LCKip
Topic Author

Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:35 am

qf789 wrote:
LCKip wrote:

I have noticed it a couple of times though thought it was my internet provider as that is unreliable here in Australia. I have sent an email to the developers and hopefully they will have an answer soon. Please note they wont be online for a few hours

I'm relieved I'm not alone. Networks here in the Netherlands are quite reliable. I'll wait for your message.

qf789

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:11 am

LCKip wrote:
qf789 wrote:
LCKip wrote:

I'm relieved I'm not alone. Networks here in the Netherlands are quite reliable. I'll wait for your message.

One thing i forgot to add is that if it happens again can you take a photo of the screenshot. If you cant post it here just email it to moderators@airliners.net and I will ensure its passed on

LCKip
Topic Author

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:51 am

qf789 wrote:
LCKip wrote:
qf789 wrote:

One thing i forgot to add is that if it happens again can you take a photo of the screenshot. If you cant post it here just email it to moderators@airliners.net and I will ensure its passed on

That's a good idea. I make a note of the e-mail address and in case it happens again I sent them a screenshot. Can't make photos. Can you delete my post 'Gateway timeout 504'?

qf789

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:03 am

LCKip wrote:
qf789 wrote:
LCKip wrote:

The developers have looked into it and they say things are ok, however they have said that if there are any issues with the website being slow to let them know. If anyone has any issues let us know so we can pass it on

scbriml

Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:52 pm

qf789 wrote:
The developers have looked into it and they say things are ok, however they have said that if there are any issues with the website being slow to let them know. If anyone has any issues let us know so we can pass it on

So are they saying there was no issue (which doesn't explain how users spread around the globe all saw the same problem) or that the issue has somehow "fixed itself"? :confused:

qf789

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:25 am

scbriml wrote:
qf789 wrote:

So are they saying there was no issue (which doesn't explain how users spread around the globe all saw the same problem) or that the issue has somehow "fixed itself"? :confused:

NO they never said there was no issue, they checked the load balancer and it was working fine. By the time they looked at it could have corrected itself hence why I said that if any more problems come about to let us know

scbriml

Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:54 pm

qf789 wrote:
NO they never said there was no issue, they checked the load balancer and it was working fine. By the time they looked at it could have corrected itself hence why I said that if any more problems come about to let us know

I'm getting it again just now. I have to repeatedly try and load a page or repeatedly click on a link and will finally get the desired response after multiple attempts.

"504 Gateway Time-out
The server didn't respond in time."

qf789

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:07 pm

scbriml wrote:
qf789 wrote:

I'm getting it again just now. I have to repeatedly try and load a page or repeatedly click on a link and will finally get the desired response after multiple attempts.

"504 Gateway Time-out

Ive just sent an email off to the developers to look into

atcsundevil

Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:34 pm

scbriml wrote:
qf789 wrote:

"504 Gateway Time-out

The developer got back to us, and he said there did appear to be a potential issue with one server, which may have caused the 504 error. He believes the issue should be resolved now, but if you have any further issues, please let us know.

scbriml

Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:33 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
scbriml wrote:
qf789 wrote:

"504 Gateway Time-out

The developer got back to us, and he said there did appear to be a potential issue with one server, which may have caused the 504 error. He believes the issue should be resolved now, but if you have any further issues, please let us know.

It does seem to be better now, but this has been happening on and off all week.