Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

CobaltScar
Topic Author

Split civil aviation section

Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:10 pm

I would like to suggest that the forum section "Civil Aviation" be split into two new sections, one for North Americans based airlines and another for all others. I think there are too many non-North American based airlines cluttering the section. I would like to peruse a section focused on only North American based airlines, without having to scroll past the many small euro/asian airlines, and I think there are others who feel the same way.

johns624

Re: Split civil aviation section

Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:03 pm

No, the world does not revolve around the United States. I like reading about the "small" foreign airlines like BA, LH, KL, QF and the rest.

CobaltScar
Topic Author

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:21 am

Well you could , in the non-North American section. I just think the topic is too broad for one section and there is too much movement of threads off the front page, too fast.

johns624

Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:00 am

North American airlines fly to the rest of the world and the world's airlines fly to North America. You can't separate them. Why have to go to another forum just to see what foreign airlines are planning for us?

qf789

Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:16 am

The only sub forum we plan adding is one for political commentary. Splitting forums up into North American carriers versus the rest will not work, we have had others raise sub forums into geographical areas but again it will not work. By splitting civil aviation it will lead to topics being discussed in multiple places, for example if American Airlines decided to announce to fly to Singapore which forum does it stay in as those in Asia will want it in the civil aviation forum and those in the US will want it in the US airlines forum, it will create unnecessary duplication. You also have to take into account currently on the civil aviation forum there are going to be certain parts of the day where a lot of topics are elsewhere in the world due to time zones