Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

moo
Topic Author

Moments ago...

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:06 pm

So, for the past week or so, most of the forums have been showing all posts as posted "moments ago", regardless of how old they actually are - which means the forums are filled with these posts.

This is showing up across browsers and machines, whether I am logged in or not etc.

Anyone else getting this?

JohnKrist
Head Support

Re: Moments ago...

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:57 pm

Using search you will find several topics on this:
viewtopic.php?

moo
Topic Author

Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:10 pm

JohnKrist wrote:
Using search you will find several topics on this:
viewtopic.php?

Well, firstly your link doesnt work - infact, links to site pages on the forums seem generally to be less than brilliant anyway, but in your case the link goes to a dead page.

Secondly, I did search for "moments ago" and I get nothing recent - there was a situation much earlier in the year where "moments ago" applied to posts up to an hour old, but Im seeing posts that are days old being marked as "moments ago". I can't find the "several topics" on this that you mention.

Thirdly, a manual search of the most recent topics in "Site Related" show nothing related to this either.

So, any chance of any actual *support* on this?

JohnKrist
Head Support

Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:09 pm

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1368503&p=19680797&hilit=Moments#p19680797

I searched for the keyword moments. This is an issue where the forum time settings are off.

moo
Topic Author

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:45 pm

JohnKrist wrote:
https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1368503&p=19680797&hilit=Moments#p19680797

I searched for the keyword moments. This is an issue where the forum time settings are off.

Except that thread doesn't help at all - I have made no changes to my settings and it suddenly started happening, plus that thread is several months old with no resolution whereas you made it sound like it was recently reported.

So why has it suddenly started happening and what's the solution to resolve it? Your "works for me" comment in that thread is appalling.

Any support likely to be provided on this?

JohnKrist
Head Support

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:00 pm

Why is it appaling? I still do not have an issue, since my time format and time stamp is the same as my devices, be it phone, computer or ipad. Not sure what else to say really. We get no emails to support about it, and just a few in here, and as far as I know the time format has solved the issue.

VirginFlyer

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:43 pm

moo wrote:
Except that thread doesn't help at all - I have made no changes to my settings and it suddenly started happening

By any chance has the location where you are changed from daylight saving time to standard time? Or have you yourself shifted into a different time zone further west? Those two things can create the issue you are describing.

I would suggest you go to your user control panel, select the board preferences tab, then scroll down and check the time zone is showing the correct one for you.

V/F