Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Account possibly compromised?

Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:52 pm

I just noticed this thread posted:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1377901

It appears to have been posted under my account, although I did not post this thread.

EDIT: I just changed my password, however, if my account was compromised, is there any way to forcefully log out the user who previously compromised my account?

mikegigs

Re: Account possibly compromised?

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:04 pm

Hi 1337Delta764, I am the one who originally posted this thread under my account. I have no clue how it switched to yours. If you look in some of the replies, I was quoted as the topic author. I too am curious as to how this happened! Glad you noticed too.

atcsundevil

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:40 pm

mikegigs wrote:
Hi 1337Delta764, I am the one who originally posted this thread under my account. I have no clue how it switched to yours. If you look in some of the replies, I was quoted as the topic author. I too am curious as to how this happened! Glad you noticed too.
1337Delta764 wrote:
I just noticed this thread posted:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1377901

It appears to have been posted under my account, although I did not post this thread.

EDIT: I just changed my password, however, if my account was compromised, is there any way to forcefully log out the user who previously compromised my account?

Nothing has been compromised, it's just a glitch of some kind. It's happened with one other user that I'm aware of. It's a known issue, so I believe they're working on it. In the mean time, if it occurs again, just let us know. We can change it manually, as I've done with the thread in question. Just report the post and we'll handle it.

mikegigs

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:50 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
Nothing has been compromised, it's just a glitch of some kind. It's happened with one other user that I'm aware of. It's a known issue, so I believe they're working on it. In the mean time, if it occurs again, just let us know. We can change it manually, as I've done with the thread in question. Just report the post and we'll handle it.

Thank you!!

speedbored

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:55 pm

I've seen this 4 times now - when it happens, the timestamp on the opening post appears to be later than the timestamp on the first reply and, as things are organised by time, the first reply gets shown as the first post and the thread gets attributed to that user in the forum lists. I just assumed it was a server with an incorrect system time.

atcsundevil

Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:11 pm

speedbored wrote:
I've seen this 4 times now - when it happens, the timestamp on the opening post appears to be later than the timestamp on the first reply and, as things are organised by time, the first reply gets shown as the first post and the thread gets attributed to that user in the forum lists. I just assumed it was a server with an incorrect system time.

That's a different issue that seems to have come up around the same time. What these users are talking about is that a post is displaying as someone else. mikegigs posted a thread that for some reason displayed as 1337Delta764.

The issue you're referring to is a sequencing issue. For some reason in a few instances, a reply is being displayed before the OP. It might be some kind of time zone setting issue, but I'm no expert.

In any event, the developer is aware of both issues, so hopefully it will be fixed soon.