Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

VirginFlyer
Topic Author

Bug with Report Post Feature

Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:35 pm

When you use the report post feature to report a post to the moderators, it gives you two options after you make the report:

This post has been successfully reported.

Return to the topic last visited

Return to the forum last visited

It used to be that those links worked as advertised (the first took you back to the thread, the second took you back to the forum index). If you didn't make a selection, it took you back to the thread. However at some stage in the past couple of months it seems to have changed; both links now result in the same behaviour of going back to the forum index, and if you don't make a selection you get taken to the forum index. Could this please be looked into? It makes it frustrating to report posts in the middle of long threads without losing your place.

V/F

VirginFlyer
Topic Author

Re: Bug with Report Post Feature

Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:15 pm

Can I check has this bug report been noted by anyone please?

V/F

atcsundevil

Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:50 am

VirginFlyer wrote:
Can I check has this bug report been noted by anyone please?

V/F

I'm fairly sure this is on our list, but I'll double check. We've had the same issue for quite some time with our Moderator tools. We're sometimes routed back to the index page when the link is supposed to take us back to the thread. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon, but in the mean time, I might suggest that you open a new tab or window to use the report post feature. That way, you can close the tab and go back to where you left off. It's an extra unnecessary step, but it's what I've done for the past few months.

hOMSaR

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:51 am

What I noticed is that the URL for a given thread is .....&t=xxxxxxxxx, and if you want to link to a specific post, the url is &t=xxxxxxxx#pyyyyyyyy (so, thread number, and post number). However, the bug with the report post feature is that when you click to return to the topic you were just reading, it shortcuts you to ......&t=yyyyyyyy#pyyyyyyyy. In other words, it is putting the post number where the thread number should be, and since the server can't find a thread with that number, it just takes you to the main page of the forum.