Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

WingsFan
Topic Author

I won $2mil thanks to my photo..said the email

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:48 pm

I saw an email sent to me using 'contact photographer' function of the photo page indicating a lucrative deal. I figured finally someone who really appreciated my superior photography skills has found me. With a great enthusiasm I opened that email to find the following message.

Attention FirstName LastName,

A visitor has sent you a message using the photographer
contact form on Airliners.net.

Email: danirybacki@gmail.com

Subject: Re:Inquiry

I am Daniel Rybacki,I am the only son of Chief James Rybacki. My father was a very wealthy gold and cocoa merchant who based in Accra and Abidjan respectively, I am their only son.

Before the death of my father in a private hospital in my country, he called me secretly told me that he deposited the sum of $15,000,000(Fifteen million)united states dollars)in one of the Prime Security company in CÔTE D'IVOIRE , My late afther further told me that he used my name as the next of kin in depositing the money.
I should invest the fund into a lucrative investments, such as real estate,stock market investment or hotels.
1) To help me stand as my foreign partner who will recieve the money in his bank account i will give you the whole details and the bank contact information.
I am willing to offer you 15% of the total sum as a mode of compensation for your effort after the successful transfer of these fund to your country.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photo ID: #4469515
Airline: Untitled
Aircraft: Ryan Navion B
REG: N5308K
MSN: NAV-4-2208B
Taken: July 16, 2017
Views: 117
Link: https://www.airliners.net/photo/Untitled ... -B/4469515
File: https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/air ... 71097fbb1b

Needless to say, I do not appreciate being used a money mule. I am heartbroken it is not a fan willing to pay be millions for my photos who contacted me, but just an unfortunate son of a deceased tribal chief.

What can be done to prevent any other princes from offering me money?

qf789

Re: I won $2mil thanks to my photo..said the email

Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:12 am

WingsFan wrote:
I saw an email sent to me using 'contact photographer' function of the photo page indicating a lucrative deal. I figured finally someone who really appreciated my superior photography skills has found me. With a great enthusiasm I opened that email to find the following message.

Attention FirstName LastName,

A visitor has sent you a message using the photographer
contact form on Airliners.net.

Email: danirybacki@gmail.com

Subject: Re:Inquiry

I am Daniel Rybacki,I am the only son of Chief James Rybacki. My father was a very wealthy gold and cocoa merchant who based in Accra and Abidjan respectively, I am their only son.

Before the death of my father in a private hospital in my country, he called me secretly told me that he deposited the sum of $15,000,000(Fifteen million)united states dollars)in one of the Prime Security company in CÔTE D'IVOIRE , My late afther further told me that he used my name as the next of kin in depositing the money.
I should invest the fund into a lucrative investments, such as real estate,stock market investment or hotels.
1) To help me stand as my foreign partner who will recieve the money in his bank account i will give you the whole details and the bank contact information.
I am willing to offer you 15% of the total sum as a mode of compensation for your effort after the successful transfer of these fund to your country.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photo ID: #4469515
Airline: Untitled
Aircraft: Ryan Navion B
REG: N5308K
MSN: NAV-4-2208B
Taken: July 16, 2017
Views: 117
Link: https://www.airliners.net/photo/Untitled ... -B/4469515
File: https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/air ... 71097fbb1b

Needless to say, I do not appreciate being used a money mule. I am heartbroken it is not a fan willing to pay be millions for my photos who contacted me, but just an unfortunate son of a deceased tribal chief.

What can be done to prevent any other princes from offering me money?

Could you please forward the original enquiry on to us either at moderators@airliners.net or you can pm me directly so when can take the appropriate action. Is there also a user name attached to this on the contact form as the only way to contact a photographer is to be a user on the site

JohnKrist
Head Support

Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:58 am

You do not have to be a user for the contact photographer function, PM you need to be. Only way to block this is by disabling the option in your settings, but that blocks legitimate requests as well

WingsFan
Topic Author

Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:24 pm

JohnKrist wrote:
You do not have to be a user for the contact photographer function, PM you need to be. Only way to block this is by disabling the option in your settings, but that blocks legitimate requests as well

That's correct. Anyone can send an email using 'contact photographer' function on the photo page. I do not expect any system to block all spam at all times, however this is a totally obscure photo typically hiding deep in the database. It would be too inefficient to manually spam people this way by filling out forms. I would think they may be running a script to capitalize on that function because the form has no check to verify a real human. Would a simple CAPTCHA check on the contact form stop such spam ?

BTW, as per Brendan's suggestion , I have forwarded the original email to the moderators email address.

qf789

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:17 pm

WingsFan wrote:
JohnKrist wrote:

That's correct. Anyone can send an email using 'contact photographer' function on the photo page. I do not expect any system to block all spam at all times, however this is a totally obscure photo typically hiding deep in the database. It would be too inefficient to manually spam people this way by filling out forms. I would think they may be running a script to capitalize on that function because the form has no check to verify a real human. Would a simple CAPTCHA check on the contact form stop such spam ?

BTW, as per Brendan's suggestion , I have forwarded the original email to the moderators email address.

We have received your email, so we are looking into this further