Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

TryToFlySomeday
Topic Author

Should I create a Pakistan Aviation Thread, or would it be useless?

Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:09 pm

I noticed there wasn't one here, and I'm guessing I know why (Pakistan will always be dominated by the ME3 due to the incompetence of PK and safety issues in Pakistan), but I thought I'd create a thread anyways just in case something happens to PK and the whole scene changes. Cause you know, why not?

But then I want to ask you guys - would anyone be interested in that or not?

I personally see Pakistan as an interesting case as PK tried to make a comeback in 2016.

I think some of their plans included premiere service from all 3 major cities in Pakistan (ISB, LHE, KHI) to LHR (of which only ISB and LHE got premiere and only for like a few months), and also new services to LEJ (as part of a continuing flight to JFK), 787 flights to YYZ were considered I think at one point, and BCN (which was the only legacy Hildenbrand left behind).

Jshank83

Re: Should I create a Pakistan Aviation Thread, or would it be useless?

Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:11 pm

looks like you just started one. :lol:

PerfectGriffin

Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:27 pm

You can try, wouldn't hurt to start one.

Why did PIA end their premier service?

panam330

Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:28 pm

You created a thread about creating a thread? Should've just created the thread. :dopey:

Flightsimboy

Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:31 pm

Whatever happened to the 787 deal? Could we see a comeback of other carriers?

DLHAM

Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:50 pm

Doesn't cost anything to start one. What happened to the announced service by PK via LEJ to NYC?

Flightsimboy

Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:16 pm

The threaf title needs to say "Pakistan Aviation thread" :)

ChrisFallon77

Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:25 pm

Pakistan is a beautiful country with a great aviation history! I am particularly fond of their 772 in the retro livery!

qf789

Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:03 pm

TryToFlySomeday wrote:
I noticed there wasn't one here, and I'm guessing I know why (Pakistan will always be dominated by the ME3 due to the incompetence of PK and safety issues in Pakistan), but I thought I'd create a thread anyways just in case something happens to PK and the whole scene changes. Cause you know, why not?

But then I want to ask you guys - would anyone be interested in that or not?

I personally see Pakistan as an interesting case as PK tried to make a comeback in 2016.

I think some of their plans included premiere service from all 3 major cities in Pakistan (ISB, LHE, KHI) to LHR (of which only ISB and LHE got premiere and only for like a few months), and also new services to LEJ (as part of a continuing flight to JFK), 787 flights to YYZ were considered I think at one point, and BCN (which was the only legacy Hildenbrand left behind).

By all means start a country thread for Pakistan Aviation. As you have asked the question about whether anyone would be interested and also that's what is in the title of the thread I have moved this to Site Related sub forum. I suggest that you just start a new thread with the title "Pakistan Aviation Thread 2017". We suggest that it be kept on a yearly basis at the moment, of course if the thread become very active the moderators will consider changing it to a monthly thread. In your opening post make sure you put up a few things for discussion to get the thread going. If you have any other questions in regards to starting the thread you can either email the moderators or you can pm myself directly

TheLion

Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:52 pm

I support the notion. Mods perhaps you should amend the title to that suggested above and put this thread back into the main civil forum. Seems like it'd have support.

TryToFlySomeday
Topic Author

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:50 pm

PerfectGriffin wrote:
You can try, wouldn't hurt to start one.

Why did PIA end their premier service?

The planes were wetleased from SriLankan, premier lease was over and Pakistan could not afford to keep their premier order so they ended it.

TryToFlySomeday
Topic Author

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:50 pm

TheLion wrote:
I support the notion. Mods perhaps you should amend the title to that suggested above and put this thread back into the main civil forum. Seems like it'd have support.

I concur!

TryToFlySomeday
Topic Author

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:53 pm

DLHAM wrote:
Doesn't cost anything to start one. What happened to the announced service by PK via LEJ to NYC?

That plan was supposed to happen because of Bernd Hildenbrand's ties with working with German national airline Lufthansa - after Hildenbrand was fired for a scandal involving selling an A310 to a pro Israel movie, PIA cancelled plans to do ISB-LEJ, and consequently LEJ-JFK.

Probably for the best, cause the flight likely wouldve replaced JFK-LHE-MAN-JFK (in which the JFK-Pakistan leg is nonstop)

TryToFlySomeday
Topic Author

Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:00 pm

New thread is here, can the mods lock this or merge this with the new thread?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1374045

NichCage

Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:05 pm

Why can't PIA operate direct Pakistan-USA flights? They stop in MAN but what purpose does it serve?

At least Pakistan is allowed flights to the USA. Countries like Lebanon aren't allowed to have flights to the USA, with Lebanon being affect with a lot less violent than Pakistan. Even Turkey and Egypt have had more attacks than Lebanon in the past. Why can't Lebanon have flights to the USA? It makes no sense compared to other countries that do which have way more violence.

TryToFlySomeday
Topic Author

Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:18 am

NichCage wrote:
Why can't PIA operate direct Pakistan-USA flights? They stop in MAN but what purpose does it serve?

At least Pakistan is allowed flights to the USA. Countries like Lebanon aren't allowed to have flights to the USA, with Lebanon being affect with a lot less violent than Pakistan. Even Turkey and Egypt have had more attacks than Lebanon in the past. Why can't Lebanon have flights to the USA? It makes no sense compared to other countries that do which have way more violence.

They're allowed to offer flights from USA to Pakistan nonstop - they were initially planning on operating the flight nonstop in 2006 (JFK-LHE-JFK), but the Bush administration blocked them from doing so both ways - only allowing nonstop in one direction (from USA to Pakistan).

The other direction is through MAN because they have 5th freedom rights there, but they choose to operate nonstop back to Pakistan. So the flight goes JFK-LHE-MAN-JFK.

Shift future comments here please:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1374045