Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

VertScopeJeff
Topic Author

Tapatalk Now Available For Airliners.net

Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:33 pm

Hello all

We're pleased to announce that Tapatalk is now available for the Airliners.net forums to improve your experience and reduce the risk of Malware advertisements. Tapatalk is now available and will enable you to one click sign into forums, share photos and files and chat with others.

This feature has long been asked for and we trust that it will be beneficial for you and the community. To get Tapatalk just visit their website www.tapatalk.com and search for Airliners.net.

We hope you make use of this feature and enjoy the enhanced experience it brings to our site.

Here are the direct download links:

Android download link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... vity&hl=en

iPhone download link:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapatal ... 80732?mt=8

If you have any issues please post below and we will look into it.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff M

VertScopeJeff
Topic Author

Re: Tapatalk Now Available For Airliners.net

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:53 pm

BUMP - anybody using and have any feedback?

Jeff M

treetreeseven

Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:07 pm

Interesting, the irritating banners for tapatalk were appearing before 2 days ago IIRC.

Please take the banner off the mobile web site or make it possible to dismiss it permanently. I blocked it with my ad blocker (and submitted it to the "annoyances" easylist for consideration) but not everybody can do that.

VertScopeJeff
Topic Author

Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:23 pm

Hello,

Is this happening in the mobile view or TT and also can you screen shot it and give us the device info/software?

Thanks and in advance,
Jeff M

mercure1

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:55 pm

I have not posted using Tapatalk, but have read the forums. It's a very nice experience. Thank you

LAXintl

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:02 pm

Thanks Jeff. Tapatalk is such a breeze to use and is a good platform to allow unified access to participate in multiple forums

Ref the Tapatalk banner, its not an A.net only thing. I've seen that banner for years and potentially happens on virtually any site one visits that allows Tapatalk posting. Its merely a reminder that Tapatalk is available for that site and encourages user to use Tapatalk for a better experience. I believe ads are served up by partners like Google.

dmmatt
Crew

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:14 pm

treetreeseven wrote:
Interesting, the irritating banners for tapatalk were appearing before 2 days ago IIRC.

I think this is the advert that @treetreeseven is referring to. After clicking to dismiss the ad it should not display again (unless you log out, move to a different device, etc.). If it's showing up all the time we can take a deeper look.

VapourTrails

Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:24 am

VertScopeJeff wrote:

Jeff M

I was using it, as well as the regular site. I found the ads were too instrusive and large, and I was unable to upgrade or block them? Also, there is no edit function or option to add the emoticons? I found I could get confused about which thread was open, that may be just me, but the appearance and usability of it just became all too much, so I deleted the app.

=

VertScopeJeff
Topic Author

Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:04 pm

VapourTrails wrote:
VertScopeJeff wrote:

Jeff M

I was using it, as well as the regular site. I found the ads were too instrusive and large, and I was unable to upgrade or block them? Also, there is no edit function or option to add the emoticons? I found I could get confused about which thread was open, that may be just me, but the appearance and usability of it just became all too much, so I deleted the app.

=

Thanks for the feedback, not all site features can be used on the various mobile views.

TapaTalk is an option for users who did not like the mobile web view.

Jeff M

Glom

Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:13 pm

I really appreciate being able to use Tapatalk. However, I can't seem to login on the app. I have come to the desktop site and found I could login just fine so it isn't my password or anything. Must be something with the app. Has anyone else had these problems?

VapourTrails

Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:21 am

What I find strange is that three or four months after deleting the app, I still get these notifications from Tapatalk via use of the desktop original main site? I have no trace of the app on my device and am sure I logged out prior to deleting it anyway. Just weird.

EDIT: I just checked one of the notifications and it said in fine print at the bottom that because I logged into a Tapatalk forum once, I get email notifications. I checked the settings via a link there and un-ticked everything, about ten boxes. That should fix it. If anyone else finds Tapatalk is still around after you’ve deleted it, then I hope these steps help you too.