Airstud
Topic Author

Ads that move (i.e., give migraines)

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:32 am

I don't mind that the site displays ads; however I just spent 10 mins trying to tolerate this ad from Express (a store whose wares I rather enjoy actually) that had a lot of motion. Four or five items are displayed vertically, then sliiiiide to the right while a new selection of four or five items sliiiiiiides in, then they sliiiiiiide to the left and a new selection sliiiiiiides in...

OK, they want to show a lot of stuff, but can't the ad just repaint every few seconds, without sliiiiiiiiding a large chunk of the screen around? This happens at both the left and the right side of the screen and consarn it man IT'S GIVING ME MIGRAINES!!!!!!
Pancakes are delicious.

ChrisKen

Re: Ads that move (i.e., give migraines)

Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:00 am

They are easily blocked if need be.
I don't mind a couple per page max but any more than that is usually is taking the p*&^. (I'd never click on an ad anyway).
Add on the fact that ads are now a very common way to inject malware/virus/annoyanceware onto your system and you end up with the reasons why I routinely block all them.