Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

spencer32
Topic Author

Sub-forums in Civil Aviation forum?

Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:32 pm

Just a suggestion... how about splitting the Civil Aviation forum into sub forums that relate to specific geographic locations? Much as I love the site it's a bit US airline heavy and I have to trawl through a lot of DL/UA/AA (but mainly DL) stuff to get to the things relevant to my part of the world. I know there are threads about Irish aviation etc, but it's a bit of a pain trying to find them at times when the majority of subjects (at least that's what it seems like to me) relate to the minutiae of US airlines.
OK, I know I'll get shot down in flames over this, I know the majority of users are from the US but maybe a 'Civil Aviation - rest of the world' sub forum might raise a bit more interest for those of us outside the States.

TheFlyingDisk

Re: Sub-forums in Civil Aviation forum?

Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:53 am

I concur. Just do it like how PPRuNe segregate content based on geographical location.

dtw2hyd

Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:48 pm

Or create two master threads for each airline, like EK good and EK bad (or) AI good and AI bad. Fanboys and opponents can express their opinions in the appropriate thread without conflict.

CanadaFair

Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:06 am

pprune has airline specific topics, wonder why no one started them here, its like everyone seems to want to make headline news even if its trivial by starting new threads when all can be included in a single one with mods making sure no one tries to do an unnecessary breaking news story outside of it, at pprune even the most important news event is moved to the specific airline or airport topic if posted outside of it.