Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

WingsFan
Topic Author

Photography related links

Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:31 pm

Mods,

Is there a photography related section on the site? I remember there used to be an editing guide, acceptance guide, rejection guide, upload queue size explanation on the old site all in one place.

Now I can't seem to find any of this information.Sure, I can probably find those pages using 'search' feature as long as I know what to look for. Can all these guides and rules related to photographers be added on a separate tab in the photo corner? It will be very useful. I would encourage to take it even further. Let popular photographers and screeners contribute and write about different techniques they employ, may be even write about different workflows they use.

Photography feedback forum is invaluable but I bet all new photographers occasional seek random snippets of information about doing mundane tasks that don't require a separate thread in that forum.

airkas1

Re: Photography related links

Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:51 pm

It's all there on the upload page, the text part at the very top of the page. But for reference:

Acceptance guide (a bit outdated I admit): https://www.airliners.net/faq/photo_acceptance_guide/
Upload FAQ: https://www.airliners.net/faq/

The size part is not applicable anymore. The upload page automatically rejects incorrect sizes (it gives an error in those cases). You can find the sizes at the top of the upload page as well. I'm not sure where the editing guide went, I'll try to dig that one up.