Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

777PHX
Topic Author

Posts Disappearing?

Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:52 pm

Has anyone else noticed posts disappearing? Over the past few weeks, I'll occasionally notice a post of mine that disappears or I'll have notifications for responses to something I've posted, like right now, and when I go to the thread, they're not there. This isn't offensive or inflammatory stuff I'm posting so I highly doubt it's being deleted by a mod.

Anyone have any ideas?

qf789

Re: Posts Disappearing?

Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:56 am

I would suggest you email the moderators, moderators@airliners.net with your user name and the thread/s in question and we will look them up. While your posts may not of violated any rules they could have simply being removed as a reference post, this is where you have quoted another users post has been deleted, as such any other post quoting a deleted post will also be deleted as a reference post

scbriml

Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:37 am

qf789 wrote:
I would suggest you email the moderators, moderators@airliners.net with your user name and the thread/s in question and we will look them up. While your posts may not of violated any rules they could have simply being removed as a reference post, this is where you have quoted another users post has been deleted, as such any other post quoting a deleted post will also be deleted as a reference post

So there's no way for moderators to notify members that their posts have been deleted?

I recently received an email from a moderator sent via the photographer's contact method. I tried replying but received no further communication. Is there really no 'official' way for the crew to contact members?

Has this been the case since the site upgrade?

qf789

Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:22 am

scbriml wrote:
So there's no way for moderators to notify members that their posts have been deleted?

I recently received an email from a moderator sent via the photographer's contact method. I tried replying but received no further communication. Is there really no 'official' way for the crew to contact members?

Has this been the case since the site upgrade?

We are still waiting for admin to set up email notifications. The moderators appreciate that this is frustrating for users and we also share your frustration. While we have access to users contact details it is not as easy as what it was on the old site. Under the old site you could access those details through the forum profile however since the site upgrade those contact details have to be accessed through the users main profile which can be not very user friendly particular if you are on a mobile phone. I will also add that under the old site under the moderating tools you could search a particular user and it would show all the deletions, warnings and bans a particular user has received. Under the new site only bans and warnings are listed now under the users name which is particularly frustrating as we could identify those users violating the same rules much earlier and hence they could be addressed earlier. In this case I felt it was better for the user to contact us rather than us contact them as I was not the moderator who deleted the original post and unfortunately the tools we have do not make it easy to look up without knowing which thread the deletion was in.