Re: Problem with spam advert redirecting on mobile site

Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:30 pm

VertScopeJeff

Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:42 pm

VirginFlyer wrote:
VertScopeJeff wrote:
Ok, going the right direction,

Thanks for the feedback, I will share and see if there are other things we can do.

Jeff M

Pleased to report I still seem to be free of this nuisance in the forums. Less pleased to report its still coming on the homepage and photo pages. It has a new initial URL now:

https://m.ilritj92ic.com/v/W75cqOwl1u0l2YlG/?pub=rubicon&app=28356&dev={{dev}}

It still links to the same w[two characters].daily-sweeptakes.info domain though (NB it is spelled sweeptakes rather thank sweepstakes)

V/F

10-4, I will get these reported to the Ad team on Monday.

Thanks for the work on this and sorry for the delays.

Jeff M

VertScopeJeff

Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:43 pm

I will report the others posted above to.

Thanks guys!

Jeff M

BroadwayLimited

Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:12 am

Site totally unusable on my two ipads. Get a pop-up saying I was selected to win $1000. Been getting this pop-up since yesterday.

In Atlanta if that helps at all, on Comcast.

ZKOXA

Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:46 am

Hiya,
This happens to me all the time as well, on both IPhone 7 Plus running iOS 10.3.2, and IPad Air 2 running iOS 10.3.2. So incredibly frustrating. I came to this forum after it happened again while I was looking through the various forums and saw the link in V/F's signature. I'm also in New Zealand, been happening to me for a few weeks eventually I gave up coming to the website.

ZKOXA

andrewfarmer

Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:09 pm

In case anyone in the Product or Eng team at a.net happens to see this thread, I will also report being a victim of the pop-up redirect. I'm on Android mobile, the ad launched on page load so it was not in response to any click from me.

I don't mind viewing ads, but when they hijack the page and redirect me without my consent, such behavior is unacceptable. Until I can be confidently reassured that the ads on this site are benign, I will now only view this site with an ad blocker.

Please fix the ads experience or you will find more of your viewers switching to ad blockers simply for their own safety.

VertScopeJeff

Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:01 pm

To the three above posts I need the following to report/block the ads:

URL
Device info and software
Geo location - Country, City, Zip

Feel free to PM them to me if you prefer.

Jeff M

bs7899

Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:45 am

I'm still getting this problem but only in mobile data.if I'm using wifi I don't get the pop up.Tried everything I found in different forums to stop this spam but it's not working.

VirginFlyer

Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:37 pm

VirginFlyer wrote:
VertScopeJeff wrote:

Thanks for the feedback, I will share and see if there are other things we can do.

Jeff M

Pleased to report I still seem to be free of this nuisance in the forums. Less pleased to report its still coming on the homepage and photo pages. It has a new initial URL now:

It still links to the same w[two characters].daily-sweeptakes.info domain though (NB it is spelled sweeptakes rather thank sweepstakes)

V/F

Still getting the redirect ads on the homepage and photo pages. The lack of appreciable progress on this is very disappointing. The initial URL causing the redirect has reverted to
https://m.d3r68oj92b.com/v/W75cqOwl1u0l2YlG/?pub=rubicon&app=28398&dev={{dev}}

Still redirecting to the daily-sweeptakes.info URL (note carefully the spelling, it is not sweepstakes but sweeptakes in case that is what you are blocking...)

Jeff can you please provide us with an update on what is being done to resolve this problem?

V/F

VertScopeJeff

Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:25 pm

VirginFlyer wrote:
VirginFlyer wrote:
VertScopeJeff wrote:

Jeff M

V/F

Still getting the redirect ads on the homepage and photo pages. The lack of appreciable progress on this is very disappointing. The initial URL causing the redirect has reverted to

Still redirecting to the daily-sweeptakes.info URL (note carefully the spelling, it is not sweepstakes but sweeptakes in case that is what you are blocking...)

Jeff can you please provide us with an update on what is being done to resolve this problem?

V/F

We are still working on it with 3rd party networks and trying to track it down. Just those links being reported don't seem to help.

We do not have a solid ETA for a fix as the Ad serving business is very vague and kinda beyond our control at this point. We are trying one last workaround today so I will see if that helps over the next 48 hours.

I will fire an email up the chain to see what other options we have. The only suggestion I have for now that might help is a popup blocker or ad blocker.

Jeff M

VirginFlyer

Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:23 am

VertScopeJeff wrote:
VirginFlyer wrote:
VirginFlyer wrote:

V/F

V/F

We are still working on it with 3rd party networks and trying to track it down. Just those links being reported don't seem to help.

We do not have a solid ETA for a fix as the Ad serving business is very vague and kinda beyond our control at this point. We are trying one last workaround today so I will see if that helps over the next 48 hours.

I will fire an email up the chain to see what other options we have. The only suggestion I have for now that might help is a popup blocker or ad blocker.

Jeff M

At some stage during the last 12 hours, the spam advert appears to have stopped affecting the home page and photo pages. Hopefully that's the last we see of that horrid nonsense! Thanks Jeff for finally sorting this out!

V/F

VertScopeJeff

Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:44 pm

VirginFlyer wrote:
VertScopeJeff wrote:
VirginFlyer wrote:

V/F

Jeff M

At some stage during the last 12 hours, the spam advert appears to have stopped affecting the home page and photo pages. Hopefully that's the last we see of that horrid nonsense! Thanks Jeff for finally sorting this out!

V/F

Nice, thanks for reporting back.

We hope to keep it that way.

Jeff M

luftaom

Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:53 pm

I have recently started using an iPhone (4) and got the pop ups described above about this time yesterday whilst using the phone in Greece. I was just about to do a factory reset of the phone (thinking I had acquired a virus/malware) - I was directed to this link via VirginFlyer's signature after reading a post in the Australian Aviation forum.

VirginFlyer

Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:30 am

VertScopeJeff wrote:
VirginFlyer wrote:
VertScopeJeff wrote:

Jeff M

V/F

Jeff M

Ugh, I'm disappointed to say that it is back on the homepage and photo pages :(

V/F

VirginFlyer

Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:04 pm

VirginFlyer wrote:
VertScopeJeff wrote:
VirginFlyer wrote:

V/F

Jeff M

V/F

Still having issues with the home page. Now this wretched ad is doing a more complex series of redirects.

The start point is still
https://m.d3r68oj92b.com/v/W75cqOwl1u0l2YlG/?pub=rubicon&app=28398&dev={{dev}}]/code]

And just now it is doing a new simple redirect to:

[code]http://winnersmobile.trade/?model=iPhone&brand=Apple&browser=Mobile%20Safari&td=track.happinessandloves.com&voluumdata=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&clickid=d9d93cfa-65b2-11e7-97c8-11724922af61&pub_id=370_2e2a9be884e5&_uu=#

Jeff, this has to stop. It is ruining the site for mobile users. Who is your advertising supplier?

V/F

VertScopeJeff

Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:54 pm

VirginFlyer wrote:
VirginFlyer wrote:
VertScopeJeff wrote:

Jeff M

V/F

Still having issues with the home page. Now this wretched ad is doing a more complex series of redirects.

The start point is still
https://m.d3r68oj92b.com/v/W75cqOwl1u0l2YlG/?pub=rubicon&app=28398&dev={{dev}}]/code]

And just now it is doing a new simple redirect to:

[code]http://winnersmobile.trade/?model=iPhone&brand=Apple&browser=Mobile%20Safari&td=track.happinessandloves.com&voluumdata=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&clickid=d9d93cfa-65b2-11e7-97c8-11724922af61&pub_id=370_2e2a9be884e5&_uu=#

Jeff, this has to stop. It is ruining the site for mobile users. Who is your advertising supplier?

V/F

Sorry V/F

I will ping my contact and see what other options we have.

We use a variety of networks so tracking them down in the issues sometimes.

Jeff M

tigerair737

Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:45 pm

This is happening with both my iPod 4th gen and my iPhone 4s. This has been occurring for a good month or so, with the iPhone fully unable to go past the homepage without redirecting.

Location: Kallangur, Queensland, Australia, 4503. (Not my actual location, my location according to Location Services on both devices) (Actual Location: Gympie, Queensland, Australia, 4570)
URL:
For the iPhone: http://wsl.daily-sweeptakes.info/index.html?t=1GI5lYrAz35PNhBZDY1rEVbAB36iY5rr0KJhYKqMc4oow0umC6zCzRbCO5BwIahjBaWql4pzaSQt0uz9NgH4eExXbIQSPLlLTwp7OjiDOLQ%3D&d=auiphone&td=m.d3r68oj92b.com&pub=rubicon&app=28398&dev=%7B%7B%7Bdev%7D%7D%7D&os=ios&isp=Telstra%20Internet&city=Kallangur&brand=Apple&model=iPhone&pub=rubicon&region=QLD&country=AU&browser=Safari&ip=101.179.81.201

For the iPod: http://wyc.daily-sweeptakes.info/index.html?t=1GI5lYrAz35PNhBZDY1rEVbAB36iY5rr0KJhYKqMc4r2qOw1RWsr6GP_zFm8JxC3XWH6uHu2Bhrsax9dwOSImwd5_34gTUDT-RAJ97JOFCM%3D&d=auiphone&td=m.d3r68oj92b.com&pub=rubicon&app=28398&dev=%7B%7B%7Bdev%7D%7D%7D&os=ios&isp=Telstra%20Internet&city=Kallangur&brand=Apple&model=iPod%20Touch&pub=rubicon&region=QLD&country=AU&browser=Safari&ip=101.179.81.201

I'll try to get the images up from my laptop (how do you attach images from your files anyway?)

Regards,
tigerair737

nonrev

Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:58 pm

Happening on every forum page for me too. Same m/o, redirect to iPhone page. Occurrence in Paris on iPhone 6 & 7 and on latest gen iPad. Site unusable as mentioned by others. Disappointed this has gone on for over a month seemingly and no resolution. If your ad providers can't commit to resolving, time to get new ad providers?

tigerair737

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:57 pm

As of this morning, now my iPad Air running iOS 10.3.2 is coming up with the 'Daily Sweepstakes' thing. Will post more information when available.

mercure1

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:29 pm

Unfortunately, this site has really become one that is full of spam.

These random adverts that hijack browser make for a terrible experience and scare me from visiting any longer.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:52 am

Still happening, iPhone, location Sydney, Australia. It always seems to appear on the second advert (the one lower down on the page in among the forum posts).

I've not checked how your adverts are embedded, but perhaps the sandboxed iframe might be the solution.

Some other people have had the same problem and thought about dynamically controlling it:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/292 ... -redirects

JThompson

Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:53 am

This just happened to me as well on my Ipad.

Jeff.

sandyb123

Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:19 pm

This just happened to me this morning too. I hope to goodness we're not to bad old a.net

Sandyb123

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:11 pm

Grrr! I've been peppered with these damned sweepstakes iPhone adverts this morning. Six of them, three of them in a row.

Surely you can put the adverts in a sandboxed iframe so they cannot redirect or run scripts. This is making your site look bad.

The only way I could get here to post this was to disable JavaScript. You do realise how frustrating that is?

If it were my site I would be declaring all out war on the advertising providers.

VertScopeJeff

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:49 pm

tigerair737 wrote:
This is happening with both my iPod 4th gen and my iPhone 4s. This has been occurring for a good month or so, with the iPhone fully unable to go past the homepage without redirecting.

Location: Kallangur, Queensland, Australia, 4503. (Not my actual location, my location according to Location Services on both devices) (Actual Location: Gympie, Queensland, Australia, 4570)
URL:
For the iPhone: http://wsl.daily-sweeptakes.info/index.html?t=1GI5lYrAz35PNhBZDY1rEVbAB36iY5rr0KJhYKqMc4oow0umC6zCzRbCO5BwIahjBaWql4pzaSQt0uz9NgH4eExXbIQSPLlLTwp7OjiDOLQ%3D&d=auiphone&td=m.d3r68oj92b.com&pub=rubicon&app=28398&dev=%7B%7B%7Bdev%7D%7D%7D&os=ios&isp=Telstra%20Internet&city=Kallangur&brand=Apple&model=iPhone&pub=rubicon&region=QLD&country=AU&browser=Safari&ip=101.179.81.201

For the iPod: http://wyc.daily-sweeptakes.info/index.html?t=1GI5lYrAz35PNhBZDY1rEVbAB36iY5rr0KJhYKqMc4r2qOw1RWsr6GP_zFm8JxC3XWH6uHu2Bhrsax9dwOSImwd5_34gTUDT-RAJ97JOFCM%3D&d=auiphone&td=m.d3r68oj92b.com&pub=rubicon&app=28398&dev=%7B%7B%7Bdev%7D%7D%7D&os=ios&isp=Telstra%20Internet&city=Kallangur&brand=Apple&model=iPod%20Touch&pub=rubicon&region=QLD&country=AU&browser=Safari&ip=101.179.81.201

I'll try to get the images up from my laptop (how do you attach images from your files anyway?)

Regards,
tigerair737

@Tigerair

Thanks for the great complete info, these have been reported.

Jeff M

VertScopeJeff

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:51 pm

FYI - To others posting it is happening to you also please provide the info like in the post from tigerair737 above.

We need the links, device info, and geo location. I will then report them

Thanks,
Jeff M

VertScopeJeff

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:53 pm

cpd wrote:
Still happening, iPhone, location Sydney, Australia. It always seems to appear on the second advert (the one lower down on the page in among the forum posts).

I've not checked how your adverts are embedded, but perhaps the sandboxed iframe might be the solution.

Some other people have had the same problem and thought about dynamically controlling it:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/292 ... -redirects

Thanks for the info, reported.

Jeff M

sevenheavy

Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:49 am

I've been getting the same issue for a month or so. Initially only sporadically but now every time, on every page. It's rendered the site totally unusable for me, so I've stopped trying.

iPhone 7 plus, London U.K. Happens when on data (phone) network. Don't believe it happens if I'm on wifi, or on my ipad (which is how I made this post, otherwise impossible!)

nonrev

Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:17 am

I'm sorry I don't have the time to copy links etc. But happening to me on iPhone 6 on 4G location is London. Seems we are reporting these instances & improves for a couple of days, then back to how it was - rinse & repeat.

QF93

Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:37 pm

Hi - I am having exactly the same problem: pop-up appearing which redirects to supposedly winning a new mobile phone. iPhone 7, based in the UK.

VertScopeJeff

Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:23 pm

Heya all,

We might have a possible solution to this, anybody care to try it? I have tested and not getting anything on my iPhone since I have all games and misc apps blocked.

We think it is one of the APPS that you gave permission WITHIN Facebook some (long) time ago, that is injecting these rogue pop-up ads.

We don't know which one exactly but try going to:
Facebook Preferences > Account Preferences > Apps

There might be many old apps and even games that you might not remember adding. It could also be old iOS games that asked for Facebook permissions in the past. (some of these almost 10 years old)

Try deleting them (especially games and apps that you have no clue what they do or did). Keep the ones that are definitely legit.

Our testers had no more popups on neither iPhone nor iPad in the last few days. This also explains why this also happens on brand new iOS (and also Android) devices and other people are not affected by these popups at all. It's not in/on your device. It's within Facebook, a rogue app that is injecting the ads/popups.

Give it a try and let us know if that helps.

Jeff M

VirginFlyer

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:13 pm

VertScopeJeff wrote:
Heya all,

We might have a possible solution to this, anybody care to try it? I have tested and not getting anything on my iPhone since I have all games and misc apps blocked.

We think it is one of the APPS that you gave permission WITHIN Facebook some (long) time ago, that is injecting these rogue pop-up ads.

There might be many old apps and even games that you might not remember adding. It could also be old iOS games that asked for Facebook permissions in the past. (some of these almost 10 years old)

Try deleting them (especially games and apps that you have no clue what they do or did). Keep the ones that are definitely legit.

Our testers had no more popups on neither iPhone nor iPad in the last few days. This also explains why this also happens on brand new iOS (and also Android) devices and other people are not affected by these popups at all. It's not in/on your device. It's within Facebook, a rogue app that is injecting the ads/popups.

Jeff M

Hi Jeff,

Just tried that, leaving only apps that are credible, but the first visit back to airliners.net and it's the same spamtastic nonsense coming. I'm dubious about the explanation because:
  • I seem to only be having this problem when I visit Airliners.net, not other websites.
  • As I indicated in a photo above, if you stop the process when the redirect starts but before it totally takes control of your phone, one of the advertising spaces shows as black with a "wait wheel" in it, leading me to believe it is more likely the issue comes from whatever advert was being served in that space.
  • The issue was resolved on the forum pages by whatever you did when you were trying to fix this last month, indicating to me the fix is something in the hands of Airliners.net, not its users. (I assume you've tried applying everything that was applied to the forums to the main site?)

V/F

VertScopeJeff

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:02 pm

VirginFlyer wrote:
VertScopeJeff wrote:
Heya all,

Jeff M

Hi Jeff,

Just tried that, leaving only apps that are credible, but the first visit back to airliners.net and it's the same spamtastic nonsense coming. I'm dubious about the explanation because:
  • I seem to only be having this problem when I visit Airliners.net, not other websites.
  • As I indicated in a photo above, if you stop the process when the redirect starts but before it totally takes control of your phone, one of the advertising spaces shows as black with a "wait wheel" in it, leading me to believe it is more likely the issue comes from whatever advert was being served in that space.
  • The issue was resolved on the forum pages by whatever you did when you were trying to fix this last month, indicating to me the fix is something in the hands of Airliners.net, not its users. (I assume you've tried applying everything that was applied to the forums to the main site?)

V/F

10-4,

Thanks for the quick feedback.

We are getting this on other sites also and have our Developers and the third party trying to track down the source. It is a redirect somehow feeding these URL's, maybe it's the Russians, lol jk

I have been trying on my iPhone 5s and have not gotten them recently, I will report back and see what else they have for us.

Yes, we have tried blocking and adjusting the settings on the main site like we did to the forums.

Jeff M

Boof

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:14 am

Hi Jeff,

I'm still getting this on the mobile site on the forums. I don't have the Facebook App installed on my iPhone and like Virgin Flyer when I stop loading it would appear to be something buried within the adverts on the website. I'm really getting sick of this to be honest. For reference I've got both an iPhone 6 and a 7 and both are impacted by this spam when browsing the webpage.

Thanks,
Boof

VertScopeJeff

Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:30 pm

Boof wrote:
Hi Jeff,

I'm still getting this on the mobile site on the forums. I don't have the Facebook App installed on my iPhone and like Virgin Flyer when I stop loading it would appear to be something buried within the adverts on the website. I'm really getting sick of this to be honest. For reference I've got both an iPhone 6 and a 7 and both are impacted by this spam when browsing the webpage.

Thanks,
Boof

Understood and I apologize in advance.

If you can still grab the links I will still report them so they can track them if anything changes.

I will report back as a hear more.

Jeff M

mercure1

Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:06 pm

I am not a Facebook user, so while maybe that might be an issue also, its not the root cause of pop ups appearing on my devices while trying to view this website.

VirginFlyer

Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:49 pm

Whatever change has been made in the last ~10 hours, it has resulted in these infuriating adverts reappearing in the forums.

Will you please turn off advertising on the mobile site until this is fixed. Right now it is like you own a shopping mall, and you have leased a shop to someone by your front door who is grabbing people as they enter the mall and sending them somewhere totally different. How long will you allow this hooligan to continue renting a shop?

V/F

VirginFlyer

Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:09 pm

VirginFlyer wrote:
Whatever change has been made in the last ~10 hours, it has resulted in these infuriating adverts reappearing in the forums.

Just further on this, it appears that the offending adverts are no longer displaying in the homepage and photo pages (where they had been lurking nefariously for the past few weeks). They are definitely coming thick and fast in the forums though.

I hope this is a sign you are getting closer to isolating the cause and eradicating it.

V/F

VHOGU

Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:20 pm

http://w9j.daily-sweeptakes.info/index. ... Safari&ip=

How is this still a thing after months? it renders your website unusable. It has redirected me twice just getting into this thread. Please fix asap

sandyb123

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:06 pm

I basically can not use A.net on my phone now. Have totally given up. Everytime I try to access this site on anything other than a desktop it blocks my access and redirects me to the sweepstake page.

As over 50% of internet traffic is now on mobile this must be having some effect on traffic to A.net. Come on guys it's been happening for months!

If we still had premium memberships then this wouldn't be happening at least to First Class members :-(

Sandyb123

VertScopeJeff

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:06 pm

Update:

One of the Ad providers has found some redirects that they should be blocking in the next few days, so hoping that might help once done.

I will pop back in with updates once it goes live.

Jeff M

VertScopeJeff

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:08 pm

sandyb123 wrote:
I basically can not use A.net on my phone now. Have totally given up. Everytime I try to access this site on anything other than a desktop it blocks my access and redirects me to the sweepstake page.

As over 50% of internet traffic is now on mobile this must be having some effect on traffic to A.net. Come on guys it's been happening for months!

If we still had premium memberships then this wouldn't be happening at least to First Class members :-(

Sandyb123

FYI - On other sites having the same issue it is hitting all user groups so unfortunately, that would not help here either.

Jeff M

VirginFlyer

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:47 pm

VirginFlyer wrote:
VirginFlyer wrote:

Just further on this, it appears that the offending adverts are no longer displaying in the homepage and photo pages (where they had been lurking nefariously for the past few weeks). They are definitely coming thick and fast in the forums though.

I hope this is a sign you are getting closer to isolating the cause and eradicating it.

V/F

It appears to have reversed once more, now affecting the home page and photos but not the forums...

V/F

CostaDelSol90

Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:42 am

Hi Jeff,

Have stopped viewing the site entirely over the last few weeks due to this issue. I love this site and content but its getting infuriating being redirected with every iPad or iPhone logon.

I came to check today to see if its resolved and was dissapointed to see its still around.

For what its worth this is the redirect link off iPhone in Sydney.

http://wbd.daily-sweeptakes.info/index. ... 17.202.150

csturdiv

Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:25 am

From the main page, about 30 seconds or more of inactivity, a pop up to wwj.daily-sweepstakes.info was congratulating me as a Google user that my Nexus 6p was selected to test the new iPhone 8. After that, until I rebooted my phone, the forums and site was not accessible for me.

VirginFlyer

Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:55 pm

VirginFlyer wrote:
VirginFlyer wrote:
VirginFlyer wrote:

V/F

It appears to have reversed once more, now affecting the home page and photos but not the forums...

V/F

And now it is once again affecting the forums but apparently not the homepage and photos.

V/F

csturdiv

Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:59 am

Had another redirect to a daily-sweepstakes.info spam site,. But at least I got a DNS error.

csturdiv

Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:06 am

Spoke too soon, got a redirect to http://wa0.daily-sweeptakes.info/index. ... 180.156.80

Why is it so hard to blacklist this spam advertiser? They are taking people away from your site to theirs. It's pretty ridiculous that it's been going on as long as it has.

VirginFlyer

Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:52 am

csturdiv wrote:
Had another redirect to a daily-sweepstakes.info spam site,. But at least I got a DNS error.

Just a note in case anyone isn't copy pasting the links we've shared, it is actually spelled "sweeptakes" rather than "sweepstakes" in the offending URL (no doubt to get around those who automatically block the correct spelling of the word"

V/F

VertScopeJeff

Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:47 pm

csturdiv wrote:
Spoke too soon, got a redirect to http://wa0.daily-sweeptakes.info/index. ... 180.156.80

Why is it so hard to blacklist this spam advertiser? They are taking people away from your site to theirs. It's pretty ridiculous that it's been going on as long as it has.

Thanks for posting. I have submitted this one to be blocked also.

Agreed, that department is working with the third party vendors to get tot he bottom of this. It is happening on other sites also, not just here.

Jeff M