Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Dysko
Topic Author

New version issue when uploading

Fri May 05, 2017 6:56 pm

I was trying to upload a photo of an airplane which does not exist yet in your database, the Magnus eFusion: http://magnusaircraft.com/efusion2/ Only the standard Magnus Fusion exists.

At first I could successfully upload the photo by creating a new "Magnus eFusion" version entry checking the "New entry" box in the "Version" field, aircraft manufacturer field disabled. The only thing I did not insert was the c/n, as I did not know it.

Few moments ago I found the c/n, so I decided to edit the photo in the queue to add it.

And there I started having problems.

When I first submitted the edit, I got an error saying that I left the "Version" field empty. Well, no problem, I'll add it again. Check the "New entry" box and add "Magnus eFusion", as I did when I uploaded the photo the first time. Re-submit edit.

Nope. Another error. The "Version" field was displaying the "This value is already being used" error. Oh right, I created the entry myself few hours ago! Uncheck the "New entry" box and look for "Magnus eFusion". No, that version is not available, only "Magnus Fusion" is. Oh well, I'll delete the photo in the queue and reupload it again.

However that was useless. Even when uploading the photo again, I got the same errors as above. As of now, it is impossible for me to use "Magnus eFusion" as "Version" because it does not accept it as a "New entry", but it also does not allow it to be selected as pre-existing entry.

Thank you very much for your assistance!

airkas1

Re: New version issue when uploading

Fri May 05, 2017 8:10 pm

What's the reg or photo ID?

Edit: Oh, I didn't read as far as that you removed the photo again. It's probably because the editors need to approve all entries that users make through the 'new entry' box. But I just checked and I see the 'Magnus eFusion' available in the dropdown menus.

To used this entry, do the following:
- Aircraft Manufacturer Filter Enabled? --> no
- Generic Type --> type "Magnus Fusion". The entry should appear
- Version --> type "Magnus eFusion". The entry should appear

The rest of the upload form should work as normal. If it still doesn't work, please let me know in this thread. Also, if it's a new registration for the database, you can tick the priority checkbox on the upload page.

Dysko
Topic Author

Re: New version issue when uploading

Sat May 06, 2017 9:08 am

Thank you, now everything worked correctly!

I did not know I could upload it as "Priority", I was still using the "old" prioirty guidelines!