Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Whatsaptudo
Topic Author

Paid Membership

Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:12 am

I have been reading this forum for what seems like 20 years. It was great. A great source of info for an aviation insider, and just a whole lot of fun reading contributions from well informed professionals with much greater knowledge than myself. I only signed up a membership once it was FREE, however that wasn't my intention. I intended to pay my $10 year to add my knowledge to this forum as there seemed to be am increasing number of ridiculously over reactive and downright goofy posts. I now understand why this website is now so bad. FREE membership. I used to visit this site multiple times a day. I now come here a couple of times a week. Stop the free membership now, you're advertisers will thank you. I can't stomach it anymore.

Regards

CriticalPoint

Re: Paid Membership

Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:17 am

Agree.......please, please, please make this a pay forum again! It really saddens me to see what this website has become. It's political opinion based babbling.

I used to read almost every thread now I can't even get through most without running across some rediculous non fact based posts.

I can do my part to add to the knowledge but I only joined recently to try and cut the garbage.

VapourTrails

Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:48 am

Whatsaptudo wrote:
I now understand why this website is now so bad. FREE membership.

CriticalPoint wrote:
Agree..please, please, please make this a pay forum again!

I agree, overall, it did seem to have more content value and depth when it was a paid site.

I've definitely noticed the trend since the upgrade nearly a year ago, when paid memberships were dropped.

I am not saying free membership is bad, I joined in 2001 when it was free, and when I returned in 2014 it was paid. I do think the site had improved post-paid membership requirements. Just seemed more thought and topic focus and less garbage on here.

enzedder

Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:17 am

kia ora

i totally agree. the expertise has gone. it used to be a great site but now its almost painful to read some comments and posts in here.

so long

enzedder

crownvic

Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:28 am

Don't you think this is true of any forum anymore? Most have lost their way and social media seems to have a grip on everything now. Sorry, but at this point in the game, I think paid memberships would chase away a good chunk of the smaller crowds that forums now attract. Changing times...

ITB

Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:53 am

Whatsaptudo wrote:
I have been reading this forum for what seems like 20 years. ... I now understand why this website is now so bad. FREE membership.

What exactly is the problem? I, too, have been a reader of this forum for several years, and I see little change at all. I'm not sure returning to a paid membership format will change things for the better. Some people will drop out, of course, but will member behavior and content improve? I think not.

JohnKrist
Head Support

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:55 am

I suppose that all those who complain about the new members have made 100% high quality posts since the day they joined?
Because I too believe that the forum will be better with posts like "I changed 2 127648´s on a R-2800CB" instead of "Does SAS fly to Copenhagen?"

11725Flyer

Sun May 07, 2017 9:09 pm

ITB wrote:
Whatsaptudo wrote:
I have been reading this forum for what seems like 20 years. ... I now understand why this website is now so bad. FREE membership.

What exactly is the problem? I, too, have been a reader of this forum for several years, and I see little change at all. I'm not sure returning to a paid membership format will change things for the better. Some people will drop out, of course, but will member behavior and content improve? I think not.

Hop on over to the Detroit tread. You'll see the problem there. And, I disagree, I do think it will improve.

fortytwoeyes

Tue May 09, 2017 6:42 pm

Whatsaptudo wrote:
Stop the free membership now, you're advertisers will thank you.

Yes, because the one thing advertisers just LOVE is reducing the number of visitors.

VertScopeJeff

Tue May 09, 2017 9:05 pm

Heya all,

Input noted, however many other things are the priority right now until features and functions are restored.

Jeff m

ual747den

Fri May 19, 2017 5:08 pm

I agree, I went from having Anet up on my computer at all times to maybe checking it out once a week. I get tired of seeing a kid who likes airplanes arguing with someone who has been working in the industry for all their life. I am amazed when I read about how someone has inside information into this or that and it is a sure thing when I actually know the truth because I am directly involved with the situation! It seems like before I used to wonder how the information was able to "already" find its way to Anet but now the information is so bad that I just wonder if people sit at home making up random things then post it as fact. There are times where I want to jump into the conversation and call someone out when they are posting something that is just completely false but I refrain and just close the page!