Whatsaptudo
Topic Author
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:54 am

Paid Membership

Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:12 am

I have been reading this forum for what seems like 20 years. It was great. A great source of info for an aviation insider, and just a whole lot of fun reading contributions from well informed professionals with much greater knowledge than myself. I only signed up a membership once it was FREE, however that wasn't my intention. I intended to pay my $10 year to add my knowledge to this forum as there seemed to be am increasing number of ridiculously over reactive and downright goofy posts. I now understand why this website is now so bad. FREE membership. I used to visit this site multiple times a day. I now come here a couple of times a week. Stop the free membership now, you're advertisers will thank you. I can't stomach it anymore.

Regards
 
CriticalPoint
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: Paid Membership

Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:17 am

Agree.......please, please, please make this a pay forum again! It really saddens me to see what this website has become. It's political opinion based babbling.

I used to read almost every thread now I can't even get through most without running across some rediculous non fact based posts.

I can do my part to add to the knowledge but I only joined recently to try and cut the garbage.
 
User avatar
VapourTrails
Posts: 2846
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2001 9:30 pm

Re: Paid Membership

Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:48 am

Whatsaptudo wrote:
I now understand why this website is now so bad. FREE membership.


CriticalPoint wrote:
Agree..please, please, please make this a pay forum again!


I agree, overall, it did seem to have more content value and depth when it was a paid site.

I've definitely noticed the trend since the upgrade nearly a year ago, when paid memberships were dropped.

I am not saying free membership is bad, I joined in 2001 when it was free, and when I returned in 2014 it was paid. I do think the site had improved post-paid membership requirements. Just seemed more thought and topic focus and less garbage on here.
 
enzedder
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:32 pm

Re: Paid Membership

Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:17 am

kia ora

i totally agree. the expertise has gone. it used to be a great site but now its almost painful to read some comments and posts in here.

so long

enzedder
 
crownvic
Posts: 1950
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:16 pm

Re: Paid Membership

Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:28 am

Don't you think this is true of any forum anymore? Most have lost their way and social media seems to have a grip on everything now. Sorry, but at this point in the game, I think paid memberships would chase away a good chunk of the smaller crowds that forums now attract. Changing times...
 
ITB
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:50 am

Re: Paid Membership

Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:53 am

Whatsaptudo wrote:
I have been reading this forum for what seems like 20 years. ... I now understand why this website is now so bad. FREE membership.

What exactly is the problem? I, too, have been a reader of this forum for several years, and I see little change at all. I'm not sure returning to a paid membership format will change things for the better. Some people will drop out, of course, but will member behavior and content improve? I think not.
 
User avatar
JohnKrist
Crew
Posts: 1760
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:54 pm

Re: Paid Membership

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:55 am

I suppose that all those who complain about the new members have made 100% high quality posts since the day they joined?
Because I too believe that the forum will be better with posts like "I changed 2 127648´s on a R-2800CB" instead of "Does SAS fly to Copenhagen?"
Airliners.net Crew-Head Support
5D Mark III, 7D, 17-40 F4 L, 70-200 F2.8 L IS II, 50mm 1.4, EF 1.4x II, EF 2x III, SPEEDLITE 600EX-RT
 
11725Flyer
Posts: 785
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 4:51 pm

Re: Paid Membership

Sun May 07, 2017 9:09 pm

ITB wrote:
Whatsaptudo wrote:
I have been reading this forum for what seems like 20 years. ... I now understand why this website is now so bad. FREE membership.

What exactly is the problem? I, too, have been a reader of this forum for several years, and I see little change at all. I'm not sure returning to a paid membership format will change things for the better. Some people will drop out, of course, but will member behavior and content improve? I think not.


Hop on over to the Detroit tread. You'll see the problem there. And, I disagree, I do think it will improve.
 
User avatar
fortytwoeyes
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:56 pm

Re: Paid Membership

Tue May 09, 2017 6:42 pm

Whatsaptudo wrote:
Stop the free membership now, you're advertisers will thank you.


Yes, because the one thing advertisers just LOVE is reducing the number of visitors.
 
User avatar
VertScopeJeff
Crew
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:37 pm

Re: Paid Membership

Tue May 09, 2017 9:05 pm

Heya all,

Input noted, however many other things are the priority right now until features and functions are restored.

Jeff m
 
User avatar
ual747den
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:29 pm

Re: Paid Membership

Fri May 19, 2017 5:08 pm

I agree, I went from having Anet up on my computer at all times to maybe checking it out once a week. I get tired of seeing a kid who likes airplanes arguing with someone who has been working in the industry for all their life. I am amazed when I read about how someone has inside information into this or that and it is a sure thing when I actually know the truth because I am directly involved with the situation! It seems like before I used to wonder how the information was able to "already" find its way to Anet but now the information is so bad that I just wonder if people sit at home making up random things then post it as fact. There are times where I want to jump into the conversation and call someone out when they are posting something that is just completely false but I refrain and just close the page!
/// UNITED AIRLINES

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos