Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

canyonblue17
Topic Author

Is the editing que getting backed up?

Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:23 am

Just noticed that the photo editing que has reached a roughly 10-day backup. That is the longest backup I have seen in quite a long time. The reason this surprises me is that the average number of photos submitted each day has dropped dramatically in the past year - in large part due to losing some of our top photographers after the site update. The average used to be around 1000 photos submitted per day. Now I see days with 400. With so many fewer photos submitted, I was wondering why the wait has actually gotten longer? I know the editors are volunteers, and I absolutely appreciate all the time they commit to this work - but what's up?

Barbro

Re: Is the editing que getting backed up?

Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:26 am

Is the number of screeners still the same as a year ago...?

airkas1

Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:26 am

Sorry to nitpick, but gotta clear some stuff up:
- It's not an editing queue, it's the screening queue.
- The editors are not the ones who screen the photos.

And yes, I noticed yesterday that the queue has gone up quite a bit since the last time I checked (just got back from a 2,5-week holiday). It always fluctuates a bit throughout the year, and I'm sure it will go down again in some time. It's always a matter of finding balance regarding the screening speed, but I agree the queue needs to go down.

Barbro wrote:
Is the number of screeners still the same as a year ago...?

On paper, yes (more or less).
But in reality, a number of screeners listed on the about page haven't screened since the site migration and/or don't screen a lot in general. This due to whatever reasons (keep in mind, they can just be busy in their daily life).

canyonblue17
Topic Author

Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:25 pm

Just a quick note - and again I appreciate everything the screeners do for us - but I have never seen a 12-day backup in the que.

Moose135

Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:39 am

canyonblue17 wrote:
Just a quick note - and again I appreciate everything the screeners do for us - but I have never seen a 12-day backup in the que.

Your profile says you joined A.net in 2008, and you've never seen a 12-day backup? It was regularly 2+ weeks back in the day.

canyonblue17
Topic Author

Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:50 am

And by back in the day you mean almost a decade ago. And that was when there were twice as many submissions per day as there is now.

spompert

Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:13 pm

Hello, I have an appeal waiting for a couple of days now. I can see it was forwarded for second opinion. Normally it takes no more than 3 days to wait. Can be the HS are busy ofcourse so I don`t want to be impolite, but I had one time it was "forgotten" somewhere in a queue so just to be sure I would like to make a note about it. Photo ID is 4254235. Thank you and regards

airkas1

Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:30 pm

spompert wrote:
Photo ID is 4254235

It has been reviewed by 2/4 HS. So it's not lost/forgotten and will be screened when the other HS have time to process appeals.

spompert

Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:20 pm

airkas1 wrote:
spompert wrote:
Photo ID is 4254235

It has been reviewed by 2/4 HS. So it's not lost/forgotten and will be screened when the other HS have time to process appeals.

Thanks for clarifying!