Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

AmericaWestQ202
Topic Author

How to upload a photo to thread?

Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:55 pm

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I created my account 2 years ago, but never used it. I totally forgot about this account! This is my first post here by the way. I was wondering how I can include a few photos in a thread? I don't see any options where you can upload a photo to your thread.

Any help is appreciated!

VirginFlyer

Re: How to upload a photo to thread?

Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:40 pm

AmericaWestQ202 wrote:
I was wondering how I can include a few photos in a thread? I don't see any options where you can upload a photo to your thread.

Any help is appreciated!

If you want to insert a photo from the database, you can use the photoid, twoid, and threeid tags - above the posting box, there are buttons to automatically insert them, or you can just type them. You type or paste the photo's ID number inside these tags. So for example:

[photoid]4257791[/photoid]
[twoid]4245753,4245475[/twoid]
[threeid]4245429,4245445,4245319[/threeid]

Gives you:

If you want to post an image hosted elsewhere online, you need to use the img tags, which again can be found above (the icon with the grey rectangle and white mountain peak) or typed in. You paste the URL of the image (which can be found by right-clicking and selecting "copy image address", or if you're on a mobile, by opening the image itself, as opposed to the page it is on, and copying the address). So for example:

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6U17uwWQAA1Fw_?format=jpg&name=large[/img]

Gives you:

If you have an image on your computer or phone, it needs to be uploaded to the internet before it can be included in this way. Photo hosting sites such as Flickr are a good option for this.

Hope this helps!

V/F

VertScopeJeff

Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:39 pm

VirginFlyer wrote:
AmericaWestQ202 wrote:
I was wondering how I can include a few photos in a thread? I don't see any options where you can upload a photo to your thread.

Any help is appreciated!

If you want to insert a photo from the database, you can use the photoid, twoid, and threeid tags - above the posting box, there are buttons to automatically insert them, or you can just type them. You type or paste the photo's ID number inside these tags. So for example:

[photoid]4257791[/photoid]
[twoid]4245753,4245475[/twoid]
[threeid]4245429,4245445,4245319[/threeid]

Gives you:

If you want to post an image hosted elsewhere online, you need to use the img tags, which again can be found above (the icon with the grey rectangle and white mountain peak) or typed in. You paste the URL of the image (which can be found by right-clicking and selecting "copy image address", or if you're on a mobile, by opening the image itself, as opposed to the page it is on, and copying the address). So for example:

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6U17uwWQAA1Fw_?format=jpg&name=large[/img]

Gives you:

If you have an image on your computer or phone, it needs to be uploaded to the internet before it can be included in this way. Photo hosting sites such as Flickr are a good option for this.

Hope this helps!

V/F

Thanks for posting, great tutorial.

Jeff M

AmericaWestQ202
Topic Author

Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:23 pm

Thank you!