Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

intotheair
Topic Author

Long Signatures

Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:45 pm

Is there any way some users' signatures could be edited so that they don't expand the page? Look in this thread:

viewtopic.php?p=19382267#p19382267

It makes for a really bad experience, whether it's on my 15 inch MacBook Pro with a Chrome window already almost full screen, or on my iPhone. I think it's also affecting some of the links on those pages. I can't click the quote button on some posts at the bottom. In their defense, I don't think the users doing it even realize it. Simply putting spaces in between each aircraft type prevents this from happening.

Is there anything that can be done?

VirginFlyer

Re: Long Signatures

Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:48 pm

I posted a thread about this a few months back (along with a work-around), but never got a response from the crew.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1349479

V/F

atcsundevil

Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:50 pm

intotheair wrote:
Is there any way some users' signatures could be edited so that they don't expand the page? Look in this thread:

viewtopic.php?p=19382267#p19382267

It makes for a really bad experience, whether it's on my 15 inch MacBook Pro with a Chrome window already almost full screen, or on my iPhone. I think it's also affecting some of the links on those pages. I can't click the quote button on some posts at the bottom. In their defense, I don't think the users doing it even realize it. Simply putting spaces in between each aircraft type prevents this from happening.

Is there anything that can be done?
VirginFlyer wrote:
I posted a thread about this a few months back (along with a work-around), but never got a response from the crew.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1349479

V/F

We don't have a way to edit a user's signature line or any other personal information. That is done on purpose to protect the rights of users. When we notice signature lines that are offensive, annoying, or lack proper formatting, we take action to the best of our abilities. This includes contacting the user or issuing a warning/ban. Once things are fully transitioned to our new developers, we can look into some sort of auto formatting to prevent page format issues, but until then, all we can do is request users edit their signatures for the sake of the community. Most I have contacted have complied. If you notice a user with an offensive or annoying signature line, please use the Report Post feature, and we will handle it accordingly.

✈️ atcsundevil

VirginFlyer

Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:55 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
If you notice a user with an offensive or annoying signature line, please use the Report Post feature, and we will handle it accordingly.

Thank you. Wilco.

V/F