Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

wagz
Topic Author

Photos opening in New Tab

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:27 pm

Anyone prefer the old functionality of the site that when clicking a photo thumbnail it opened in a new tab? That's been a big annoyance of mine since the new site debuted. Its a small gripe, but with pages loading slower on the new site, after I'm done viewing a photo I have to click my browser's back button and it reloads the entire page over again. Its especially annoying since the option for photo size STILL doesn't work and they automatically load in medium, requiring me to click "Large". When I'm done I have to click back through two pages now to get back where I was (and wait for them to load). The old "View Medium" or "View Large" text links with the thumbnails would help here.

I know there may be bigger fish to fry but I thought I'd see what popular consensus is, what with the classic home page design coming back now. I find myself hardly looking at photos on the site anymore since the system feels so clunky now.

airkas1

Re: Photos opening in New Tab

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:40 pm

This fix went live yesterday. If you go to your MAIN profile (not forum profile), you will find the option to enable this feature t the bottom of the page. In the same profile, you can also enable to view the photos in large size by default.

wagz
Topic Author

Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:24 pm

Thanks.

Although I see the "open in new tab or window" only applies to photo search results. Is this coming to any hyperlink site wide?

airkas1

Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:44 pm

The option below that (for forum links) works as well I think.

wagz
Topic Author

Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:09 pm

There is no other option below, except for organizing search results in a single column. The only one for opening hyperlinks in a new window says in parenthesis next to it that its for photo search results only. Perhaps something that is only available to crew members only right now?

JohnKrist
Head Support

Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:37 pm

wagz wrote:
There is no other option below, except for organizing search results in a single column. The only one for opening hyperlinks in a new window says in parenthesis next to it that its for photo search results only. Perhaps something that is only available to crew members only right now?

I think it will be for links as well, but currently only applies to photos. The site we see is the same you see, only some crew options differs, but no difference in general functionality.