Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Jay124
Topic Author

Help with adding a photo to a post.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:17 pm

Hello I'm trying to figure out how to add a photo to a post.
Jason

airkas1

Re: Help with adding a photo to a post.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:21 pm

Hi Jason,

If you grab the link, put it between the image tags. It should look like this: [ img]**thisisyourlink**[ /img] (without the spaces in the tags).

Jay124
Topic Author

Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:12 pm

Thanks. Does it have to be from a webpage or can I do it from my hard drive?

airkas1

Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:51 pm

It will need to be a photo that is hosted online. For now, direct from your harddrive to the forum is not possible unfortunately.

Emirates77W

Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:45 am

airkas1 wrote:
It will need to be a photo that is hosted online. For now, direct from your harddrive to the forum is not possible unfortunately.

Hi there. Would you recommend any sites where I could upload photos online, so I could add my pictures to a trip report on the airliners.net website? :) If I were to upload them to a site, I would be able to copy the image URL and then be able to post it into my trip report? Am I correct?

Thank you for your help.

KruegerFlaps

Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:08 am

Emirates77W wrote:
airkas1 wrote:

Hi there. Would you recommend any sites where I could upload photos online, so I could add my pictures to a trip report on the airliners.net website? :) If I were to upload them to a site, I would be able to copy the image URL and then be able to post it into my trip report? Am I correct?

Thank you for your help.

There are a number of photohosting sites including Photobucket, Flicker, etc. Be aware that sites that offer free storage often have bandwidth restrictions. They may be generous in the storage provided but if you wish to link photos to Airliners and/or other websites, it is bandwidth that is more important. Once you exceed the free quota a default image will be displayed so you may wish to consider a paid subscription.

Sites like Photobucket allow you to share images by simply copying and pasting a link to the photo into your trip report. You will be able to choose whether the links simply displays the photo or provides a link back to the album as well. The second option isn't necessary but it's up to you.

airkas1

Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:57 am

I use dropbox, which works very well for me.

atsiang

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:10 pm

I'm having difficulty adding pictures to my trip report. I'm using dropbox as suggested but the image doesn't show up. I'm using the [img]my%20link[/img] but this Image shows up. Can anyone help shed some light as to what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

scbriml

Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:12 pm

atsiang wrote:
I'm having difficulty adding pictures to my trip report. I'm using dropbox as suggested but the image doesn't show up. I'm using the [img]my%20link[/img] but this Image shows up. Can anyone help shed some light as to what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

For the img tag to work, the URL must point directly to the image file, not a page address. Can you post the URL you're using for us?

atsiang

Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:31 pm

scbriml wrote:
atsiang wrote:

For the img tag to work, the URL must point directly to the image file, not a page address. Can you post the URL you're using for us?

Thanks for your reply, I finally got it work!