Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

JohnKrist
Head Support

Re: Issues FAQ

Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:33 pm

Aircellist wrote:
I believed that the login/logout bug was fixed… It isn't.

Nope, and I hope that gets a fix soon, very annoying for all of us

VapourTrails

Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:04 am

The search members looks OK, but can we have an option to search by country as well?

airkas1
Topic Author

Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:31 am

VapourTrails wrote:
The search members looks OK, but can we have an option to search by country as well?

This already exists.
Photos --> Search --> Advanced Search --> Location --> "Country".

VapourTrails

Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:36 am

airkas1 wrote:
VapourTrails wrote:

This already exists.

I meant in the A.net membership area. On the old site you could bring up a list by country, particularly of the functions still working, those online. A membership list by country, other than the photo search engine, is what I meant Sorry if unclear.

airkas1
Topic Author

Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:51 am

VapourTrails wrote:
airkas1 wrote:
VapourTrails wrote:

This already exists.

I meant in the A.net membership area. On the old site you could bring up a list by country, particularly of the functions still working, those online. A membership list by country, other than the photo search engine, is what I meant Sorry if unclear.

Ah, ok. I will add it to the list. I understand that the forum colors aren't ideal, but I would appreciate a smaller font size.
Also, please psot feedback in the official thread.

In addition, main post updated.

vishaljo

Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:22 am

vikkyvik wrote:
vishaljo wrote:
I'd quite appreciate my real name displaying instead of the username, can such an option be enabled so asto allow the poster to choose?

You want your real name appearing in your forum posts?

Yes!

enilria

Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:08 pm

The gray and white is burning my retina and we know is physically unhealthy in the two hours before going to bed. You need an option to change the colors as you wish. In the quote screen it is gray text on white background. That's simply awful.

The quoting system is TERRIBLE compared to before. Instead of going through marking and quoting it keeps moving you back out of the string of text and to the response.

I've seen several instances where the quoting made it appear somebody else posted all the same answers as I did.

The mouseover code definitions are broken, although that created lots of other problems, so I'm not so sad.

The notifications by forum appears to have no way to sign up.

airkas1
Topic Author

Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:29 pm

Main post updated.
The most recent update will now be listed in green, until another update comes.

LandSweetLand

Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:51 am

enilria wrote:
The gray and white is burning my retina and we know is physically unhealthy in the two hours before going to bed. You need an option to change the colors as you wish. In the quote screen it is gray text on white background. That's simply awful.

Trust me, it could be much much worse.

airkas1
Topic Author

Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:03 am

Main post updated!
Newest additions in
green.

scbriml

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:32 am

I have a question about external links to the site. Have these been broken beyond repair?

For example, I subscribe to ATDB and any search for a specific plane returns a number of photos of that plane from a number of potential (rival) sources. I notice that since the upgrade, no pictures from airliners.net are being shown. Is this just because there's currently no way of displaying a thumbnail, or is there another reason?

External links are important for photographers, and I assume, the site generally.

airkas1
Topic Author

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:49 am

scbriml wrote:
I have a question about external links to the site. Have these been broken beyond repair?

For example, I subscribe to ATDB and any search for a specific plane returns a number of photos of that plane from a number of potential (rival) sources. I notice that since the upgrade, no pictures from airliners.net are being shown. Is this just because there's currently no way of displaying a thumbnail, or is there another reason?

External links are important for photographers, and I assume, the site generally.

I don't know, so I will ask. Will get back to you when I have an answer.

mariner

Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:21 am

I don't know if this is a FAQ, but could someone explain to me how upload photos to my Profile?

I managed to do with (unwittingly) with my profile cover photo because there was a clearly marked place to do it, as with the avatar, but I can't find that for just adding photos.

I understood how to do it on the old site because there simple, very clear instructions, even I could follow them, but I feel as if we've been left to sink or swim here, and I'm sinking.

mariner

airkas1
Topic Author

Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:41 am

mariner wrote:
I don't know if this is a FAQ, but could someone explain to me how upload photos to my Profile?

Right now you can't uploaded photos to your profile, other than the avatar and header image. Perhaps we will get this back in the future.

airkas1
Topic Author

Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:22 am

Main post updated.

airkas1
Topic Author

Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:16 pm

Main post updated.

airkas1
Topic Author

Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:17 pm

Main post updated.

EPA001

Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:24 pm

airkas1 wrote:
----------------------------------------------------

[color=#000000]Issues solved:
- Forum posts missing - user totals lower than before migration .

I just checked my profile but I am still missing some 2,300 posts. :cry: So unfortunately at least for my profile that issue is still not solved.

EPA001

Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:29 pm

EPA001 wrote:
airkas1 wrote:
----------------------------------------------------

[color=#000000]Issues solved:
- Forum posts missing - user totals lower than before migration .

I just checked my profile but I am still missing some 2,300 posts. :cry: So unfortunately at least for my profile that issue is still not solved.

Are there more members of this site where this error still is not fixed? :?:

smokeybandit

Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:43 pm

Why does the "remember me" checkbox on the login screen not remember me?

Why, after logging in, am I taken to the home page, not the page I was on (like every other website in the world that requires a login)?

airkas1
Topic Author

Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:39 pm

Guys,

Those issues are know and will be fixed, hopefully soon.
In the mean time, I would like to ask you to please post feedback like that in the original thread, in stead of here.

@EPA, you're the first one that says the post count isn't correct. I'm not sure what to do about that, as the post migrations have been completed (as you read in the main post.

EPA001

Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:56 pm

airkas1 wrote:

@EPA, you're the first one that says the post count isn't correct. I'm not sure what to do about that, as the post migrations have been completed (as you read in the main post.

I don't know either. Maybe you can have that number checked with the persons who have migrated the posts? But it annoys me since it means quite a lot of my post (which in the old layout helped to "earn" me a RR of 41, are just gone.

Maybe the technical guys can edit the post count to the correct value?

Aircellist

Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:01 am

The bell with the activity list that was supposed to bring me to the next unread post has stopped working…

airkas1
Topic Author

Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:28 am

EPA001 wrote:
don't know either. Maybe you can have that number checked with the persons who have migrated the posts? But it annoys me since it means quite a lot of my post (which in the old layout helped to "earn" me a RR of 41, are just gone. Maybe the technical guys can edit the post count to the correct value?

I'll see what I can do. You do know that RR is gone, right?

Aircellist wrote:
The bell with the activity list that was supposed to bring me to the next unread post has stopped working…

That only happens when you get quoted or receive a PM. It works fine for me and hopefully this message will trigger one for you as well.

EPA001

Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:53 pm

airkas1 wrote:
[color=#000000]
I'll see what I can do. You do know that RR is gone, right?

Thanks for your effort in advance. :)

That the RR is gone I know. Which personally I think is sad but that is just what happens with a major renewal of a website. But I will have to live with that, and I can. It is not the end of the world.

Aircellist

Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:19 pm

airkas1 wrote:
Aircellist wrote:

That only happens when you get quoted or receive a PM. It works fine for me and hopefully this message will trigger one for you as well.

Yes, it did. Then, the star in the forum main menu does not work…

bombayduck

Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:20 am

As of yesterday afternoon when I started using an avatar, I seem to be logged in all the time now. Has this issue of logging in every time been resolved?

airkas1
Topic Author

Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:29 am

bombayduck wrote:
Has this issue of logging in every time been resolved?

Not yet unfortunately.

airkas1
Topic Author

Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:07 pm

Main post updated.

More to come later tonight/tomorrow morning. These will also turn green.
Please note that the current green fix is that specific problem and might not necessarily mean the whole login-remember issue yet.

bombayduck

Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:59 am

Ever since Sunday afternoon I am still logged in to the home page of this website.

dutchspotter1

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:30 pm

airkas1 wrote:
- "Can you please fix the way links are connected? Do you realize that with this new design all the links, hyperlinks, etc posted throughout the internet in the past 20 years to photos are now all broken and showing 404?"
Developer reply: "Many have been corrected - some new fixes are rolling out soon. If you identify any url patterns that are not working please provide them after wednesday". NOTE by me: Wednesday was yesterday. Please report any new url patterns that aren't working.

Here you go
Example of the JPEG links to A.net photos on the old website: http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-p ... 347702.jpg
Will these links ever work again?

airkas1
Topic Author

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:16 pm

dutchspotter1 wrote:
airkas1 wrote:
[color=#000000]- "Can you please fix the way links are connected? Do you realize that with this new design all the links, hyperlinks, etc posted throughout the internet in the past 20 years to photos are now all broken and showing 404?"
Developer reply: "Many have been corrected - some new fixes are rolling out soon. If you identify any url patterns that are not working please provide them after wednesday". NOTE by me: Wednesday was yesterday. Please report any new url patterns that aren't working.

Here you go
Example of the JPEG links to A.net photos on the old website: http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-p ... 347702.jpg

Thanks, will add that. And yes, they should become active again.

Erebus

Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:54 am

bombayduck wrote:
As of yesterday afternoon when I started using an avatar, I seem to be logged in all the time now. Has this issue of logging in every time been resolved?

I don't use an avatar and Alzheimer's.net still doesn't "remember me". So, not fixed.

airkas1
Topic Author

Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:16 am

Erebus wrote:
bombayduck wrote:

I don't use an avatar and Alzheimer's.net still doesn't "remember me". So, not fixed.
airkas1 wrote:
Main post updated.

More to come later tonight/tomorrow morning. These will also turn green.
Please note that the current green fix is that specific problem and might not necessarily mean the whole login-remember issue yet.

airkas1
Topic Author

Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:34 am

Main post updated.

SIA6696

Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:55 am

Any update on the return of the copyright bar?

Thanks

airkas1
Topic Author

Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:00 am

SIA6696 wrote:
Any update on the return of the copyright bar?

Below is the quote from the developers, which was given a few days ago already. I know they're working on this, as well as some other important things.

"This is an item that can and will be retroactively applied to the images - it had been previously decided that this functionality was not required as the watermark was better security. The community reaction has shown that we need to reimplement this feature - it will take some time to produce the code to make this happen - once the code is in place images will have it automatically applied (again - this will be retroactive for newly uploaded images)".

scbriml

Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:57 am

airkas1 wrote:
This is an item that can and will be retroactively applied to the images - it had been previously decided that this functionality was not required as the watermark was better security.

This is a good example of where, IMHO, the change has been poorly managed. Why were the photographers not canvassed for our opinion?

Some of us don't use the watermark and rely on the copyright bar. Why were we not consulted about issues like this?

By all means make both the watermark and copyright bar optional, but provide a means for each photographer to set their own personal 'default' and a means to update all their photos in the database.

airkas1
Topic Author

Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:18 pm

scbriml wrote:
This is a good example of where, IMHO, the change has been poorly managed. Why were the photographers not canvassed for our opinion?
Some of us don't use the watermark and rely on the copyright bar. Why were we not consulted about issues like this?
By all means make both the watermark and copyright bar optional, but provide a means for each photographer to set their own personal 'default' and a means to update all their photos in the database.

I agree. I'm not sure who made the decision that the watermark would be enough, but it should've been apparent that the copyright bar had to stay. A watermark is nice, but it doesn't tell anyone who actually took the photo. Í would think the crew objected to this if asked, but again I'm not sure who decided the above.

dutchspotter1

Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:01 pm

airkas1 wrote:
dutchspotter1 wrote:
airkas1 wrote:
[color=#000000]- "Can you please fix the way links are connected? Do you realize that with this new design all the links, hyperlinks, etc posted throughout the internet in the past 20 years to photos are now all broken and showing 404?"

Here you go

Thanks, will add that. And yes, they should become active again.

Thank you, please let us know once that is completed.

airkas1
Topic Author

Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:16 pm

Main post updated.

Aircellist

Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:02 pm

"Users browsing this forum: no registered user and 1 guest"

Depressing. And I am a registered user.

blackbird1

Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:15 pm

Hi all,

link in my profile to my website is still showing the 404 error...

https://www.airliners.net/user/blackbird ... mugmug.com

dutchspotter1

Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:07 am

Not really an issue, but more a wish: on the photo search page, would it be possible to sort photos on photo date in stead of year?

airkas1
Topic Author

Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:18 pm

blackbird1 wrote:
Hi all,
link in my profile to my website is still showing the 404 error...
https://www.airliners.net/user/blackbird ... mugmug.com

Same for me, but it's on the list as low priority (compared to all other things).

dutchspotter1 wrote:
Not really an issue, but more a wish: on the photo search page, would it be possible to sort photos on photo date in stead of year?

Not sure, I will ask.

airkas1
Topic Author

Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:48 pm

Main post updated.

airkas1
Topic Author

Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:07 am

Main post updated.

propellix

Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:56 pm

Where is the photo upload queue gone? Deleted?
Not wanted any longer, so there will be no further discussions about the duration of the process?

airkas1
Topic Author

Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:25 pm

propellix wrote:
Where is the photo upload queue gone? Deleted?
Not wanted any longer, so there will be no further discussions about the duration of the process?

This will return and was not maliciously left out.

airkas1
Topic Author

Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:45 pm

Main post updated.