Topic Author

Quiz - Please bring it back!!!

Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:34 pm

Really nice job on the new site.

But PLEASE bring back the quiz!!!!!

EYKD

Re: Quiz - Please bring it back!!!

Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:15 pm

If the job was to ruin and demolish the site, that job was done perfectly.

I also regret the quizes are no longer on the site. As an aircraft interiors professional I used to tease my brain by solving the interors quizes.

flyer1225

Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:15 pm

I've never actually heard of quizzes on A.net before...so I can't really grieve over their disappearance. Can someone give me a description of what they were for?

Yflyer

Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:18 pm

It was an aircraft identification quiz. You'd be shown random pictures from airliners.net had to identify the aircraft from a list of possible choices. It probably wasn't the most popular part of the site; I'm guessing a lot of people didn't even know it existed, but I did find it a fun way to kill some time when I was bored while also honing my planespotting skills.

longhauler

Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:20 pm

EYKD wrote:
I also regret the quizes are no longer on the site. As an aircraft interiors professional I used to tease my brain by solving the interors quizes.

I agree.

It was the aircraft interior quiz that truly proved to my friends that I was a true airline geek. From just a picture, or a part of a picture, I could identify the aircraft, and usually the airline.

Of course, for wide body Airbuses, all bets were off!

jetmatt777

Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:24 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I remember using the quizzes many years ago. They were one of my favorite features 11 years ago before I decided to get a membership with posting abilities.

I don't know for sure if it will return, but your feedback is noted and will be forwarded to Demand Media. If enough people push for its return, it may come back!

Matt B.
Airliners.net Support / Customer Service

pede

Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:24 pm

Yes, I miss it very much! Even my wife, who never took an interest in planes before, loves it! :)

TonyJackman

Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:43 pm

I really enjoyed the quiz, I hope it comes back soon :)

snokng

Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:13 pm

Any movement on bring the quiz back, airliners.net?

DWing13

Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:03 pm

I implore the administrators to bring back the quiz! It was the best way to explore the immense database of images on the site. I was always finding something new and engaging in every quiz.

To my fellow users, I beg you to reply to this post in support for the quiz. Tell your friends, tell your neighbors, and (most importantly) tell all the fellow users you know to help us bring back this great part of the website that has been lost!

airkas1

Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:12 am

Hi guys,

I liked the quiz a lot too, as it was ncie to be able to test my knowledge during the boring hours at work. I agree it would be ncie for it to return, but right now it's low priority as you can imagine. I'll let you know when there are plans for the quiz to return.

jfcolmenares

Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:05 pm

I support the idea of bringing it back. It was awesome to test oneself on these.

foxmike21

Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:32 pm

I would also like to register that I miss the aircraft recognition quiz, a lot! Please, bring it back! It was perfect for testing aircraft identification skills.

oiltrader0

Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:58 pm

I have used the quiz for many years to learn all these tiny differences between various aircraft versions and then impress friends with my knowledge. Please, bring it back! It was a great learning tool for aircraft recognition.

Revelation

Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:25 pm

Wow, I never ran into the quiz feature on the old site, but it seems it will be a long time (if ever) till we get back a lot of the small things that made a.net unique.

On the other hand, I think the new https://airliners.net page looks pretty nice.

d4ka

Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:18 pm

I want the Quiz back,
thanks

2122M

Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:33 pm

PLEASE BRING THE QUIZ BACK!!!! I work for an aviation brokerage and am responsible for training incoming brokers. The A.Net Quiz was one of my primary training tools and I miss it! Would love to have it back if at all possible.

abegg

Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:55 am

I've been content just to browse the pictures here until now, but I'd like to use my first post to also request this feature return. It was so much fun!

proald

Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:36 pm

Please bring the quiz back.Why deleted?

Silverad04

Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:18 pm

We used to use this a lot at MKC for training purposes, mostly the business aircraft quiz. It was fun to have bets with friends on how many you could get right out of 100.

JansOlo

Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:47 pm

IT'S MY QUIZ AND I WANT IT NOW!! 877-QUIZ-NOW.....you all know the song!

hOMSaR

Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:13 pm

Anyone else find it odd that there are an awful lot of posters with just one post, posting in this thread?

ZeeZoo

Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:45 pm

Any update on this?

smitty777
Topic Author

Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:42 pm

Based on all the feedback that no-one really knew about it, I'll bet it would have been more popular if it were more accessible. I think the only way I found it was by typing "aircraft quiz" into google. It was an invaluable tool for learning aircraft identification.

Please bring it back!!!!

VertScopeJeff

Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:51 pm

LOL - maybe we will see what can be resurrected and what can't be.

Jeff M

canyonblue17

Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:19 am

Please bring the quiz back. For AvGeeks it was a true test of nerdiness!!

smitty777
Topic Author

Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:41 pm

VertScopeJeff wrote:

Jeff M

Thanks Jeff!! You guys are the best!

Blankman

Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:58 pm

Please bring back the quiz! I always loved it! I am an aircraft engineer and it was always fun to test myself.

akdunhoff

Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:15 pm

I agree, please bring back the picture quiz!!! It was one of the biggest reasons for registering with this website. I enjoyed taking quizzes on military aircraft and seeing aircraft from "days gone bye."

BAForever

Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:09 pm

Likewise, please bring it back! It was one of the best features of the site.

And whilst I am here.... I have to say I use A-net far less frequently than I used to in the past. All those changes last year make it far less useable IMO.

Sad...

jakubz

Fri May 05, 2017 7:06 pm

I never knew about this, but it sounds like something I'd be up for using. So I'll add my voice to the chorus.

(Please) Bring back the quiz!

SBartfast

Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:15 am

hOMSaR wrote:
Anyone else find it odd that there are an awful lot of posters with just one post, posting in this thread?

I've been a long time user of this feature and just created an account to add my request to the list.
This quiz was the single most common reason I ever visited Airliner.net and I had been wondering why I hadn't been able to find it lately. I see now that it is because it simply wasn't there to be found. Most disappointing. For me, regardless of the other improvements, I would gladly take the old format back if it meant being able to use the quiz again. As I said it pretty much was my reason for ever coming here in the first place.

If this quiz is not going to be introduced again would anyone be able to suggest another site with a similar such quiz? I have been searching but can't find anything.

Cheers,
Slarti.

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:50 pm

Hi All

We're looking to bring the quiz back sometime over the coming months in response to your feedback. If anyone would like to offer suggestions as to how they would like to see the quiz please feel free to let us know what features you would like to see or if you just want the old quiz back the way it was. Again this won't happen immediately but it will happen so this is your chance to refine the quiz to be better or the same.

Thanks for your feedback

Paul

abegg

Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:27 am

Great news! I liked it the way it was, but maybe it could also include "Hard Mode" where it's not a simple multiple choice, and you have to pick from ALL of the aircraft types that this site recognises!

stanak

Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:54 pm

in the meantime, you can try mine ;)
http://stanakshot.free.fr/quizz/quizindex.php

stanak

Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:43 am

some improvements and corrections and especially new photos in progress from a trip to Thailand

FedEx747

Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:16 pm

PanAm_DC10 wrote:
Hi All

We're looking to bring the quiz back sometime over the coming months in response to your feedback. If anyone would like to offer suggestions as to how they would like to see the quiz please feel free to let us know what features you would like to see or if you just want the old quiz back the way it was. Again this won't happen immediately but it will happen so this is your chance to refine the quiz to be better or the same.

Thanks for your feedback

Paul

Thank you very much! Please do bring it back!

foxmike21

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:53 pm

I am glad that Airliners is planning to return with the Quiz. Great news!!
But I must say that stanak's quiz is just as nice, if not better! Just added it to my favorite's sites!

Cheers!

PatrickZ80

Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:57 pm

stanak wrote:
in the meantime, you can try mine ;)
http://stanakshot.free.fr/quizz/quizindex.php

I've tried, but they're all military. Military aircraft just never bothered me, give me some commercial airliners and I can do this for hours. But all of those military types, how am I supposed to know them? With more luck than wisedom I managed to get 8 out of 10 correct, but it could just as well have been 2 out of 10.

However, the idea is nice. I didn't know something like this existed on the old Airliners.net site, but it would be nice to have it.

defconxzero

Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:13 pm

PanAm_DC10 wrote:
Hi All

Thanks for your feedback

Paul

I also registered specifically to comment that I also used airliners.net exclusively for the quiz feature. I was following this and was hoping to see the quiz reappear by now and am disappointing it is not. If the delay is due to trying to change it... if its quicker to bring back the original quiz then just do that, it was fine how it was.
Thank you!

Mi26

Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:56 am

Hi
The return of the quiz will a major highlight of the transformation from the old site to the new, and that saw the Administrators and Site Owners appear to completely misread loyal members of the Airliners.net Community.
Thanks

defconxzero

Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:22 am

VertScopeJeff wrote:

Jeff M

Any update on this?

VertScopeJeff

Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:58 pm

No updated as of right now on Quiz nor MyAviation.

Jeff M

dutchspotter1

Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:51 pm

Any other updates on any of the many outstanding issues? It would be a good thing if the users/contributors/photographers were updated more frequently about the progress of the website development. The new website redesign has now been online for a few years, yet there are still many things that need to be fixed/improved and it feels like this is given very little priority by the website owners/management. The https implementation is about the only new thing we (I mean the average user/photographer) got to see for months.

The website redesign was a good start but there is so much more that can be done. The quiz is just one of those things. And since you are the General Manager here, I don't think I need to tell you about new/better features --> more visitors --> more add income --> bigger end of year bonus for you ;-).

VertScopeJeff

Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:13 pm

Heya guys,

The team is working on fixes daily behind the scenes and we do still have a punch list of features that we hope to roll out over time.

Unfortunately, we have been buried with GCP/SSL rollouts and fixes so they have been slower than expected.

Jeff M

dutchspotter1

Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:59 pm

VertScopeJeff wrote:
Heya guys,

The team is working on fixes daily behind the scenes and we do still have a punch list of features that we hope to roll out over time.

Unfortunately, we have been buried with GCP/SSL rollouts and fixes so they have been slower than expected.

Jeff M

So please tell us, what can we expect next?

dutchspotter1

Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:42 am

Jeff, any news on this?

defconxzero

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:10 am

Yes, Any news on this? It would be great to use a basic quiz right about now... Thanks

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager

Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:52 am

Hi

No update as of yet sorry it's still on the list of things to do

Paul

defconxzero

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:27 pm

PanAm_DC10 wrote:
Hi

No update as of yet sorry it's still on the list of things to do

Paul

whats the word?
I wouldn't mind even having to pay to use a quiz....