BN747
Topic Author

Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:54 pm

A letter written a month ago but now being publicly disclosed tells of Mueller contacting AG Barr about misrepresenting the Mueller Report.

Special counsel Robert Mueller wrote to and called Bill Barr to complain about his summary letter: report

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/04/specia ... er-report/

Attorney General Bill Barr was criticized by special counsel Robert Mueller after misleading Americans about the findings of his investigations.

Exactly what many saw when AG Barr issued his first summary only to issue a clarification that his summary was not a summary, but a statement.

Now that this newly disclosed month old letter explains Barr’s dodging and reluctance to appear tomorrow and Thursday because the Mueller response to Barr will be front and center. It will open the door to Barr’s credibility and his pledged loyal to either America or to one man. Both can’t be true.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Aaron747

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Wed May 01, 2019 12:03 am

What a mess - but let’s not play coy about Barr’s ‘reputation’ - this is the same guy who advocated for Iran-Contra pardons.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

BN747
Topic Author

Wed May 01, 2019 12:17 am

What this does is set up a Robert Mueller speaking to the American public via a seat before the Congress.

Which is NOW necessary because of the actions by AG Barr playing role of Obstructionist instead of the Attorney General of the United States.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

NIKV69

Wed May 01, 2019 12:42 am

Bring articles of impeachment and put your money where your mouth is.
"Some people did something" Rep Omar on 9/11

seb146

Wed May 01, 2019 1:16 am

NIKV69 wrote:

Mueller wrote the full and unredacted report. Mueller also says that, knowing what is in the full and unredacted report, that Barr mislead (read: LIED TO) the American people. So, yeah. Plus, the occupant of the White House is doing everything he can to block his finances from being public because, if we ever see them, he will be screwed, to paraphrase his very own conversation with Jeff Sessions.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

WarRI1

Wed May 01, 2019 1:33 am

NIKV69 wrote:

What has that got to do with the facts of the letter, rumps hack misled and covered up the report. ?
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

ltbewr

Wed May 01, 2019 1:40 am

I suspect that Barr will be a no-show at tomorrow's House committee hearings. Barr is involved in a cover up, indeed an illegal act of obstruction to protect Pres. Trump with the infamous '4 page summary'. That as some suggest, for Mueller to do a letter to AG Barr for how Barr wrongly presented in that summary, means that Mueller is very angry at and was insulted by Barr. That contents of Mueller's letter was somehow 'leaked' is intentional to mess with Barr just before his testimony tomorrow was done to protect the real findings of the report, not what Trump wanted twisted to him.

WarRI1

Wed May 01, 2019 1:46 am

ltbewr wrote:
I suspect that Barr will be a no-show at tomorrow's House committee hearings. Barr is involved in a cover up, indeed an illegal act of obstruction to protect Pres. Trump with the infamous '4 page summary'. That as some suggest, for Mueller to do a letter to AG Barr for how Barr wrongly presented in that summary, means that Mueller is very angry at and was insulted by Barr. That contents of Mueller's letter was somehow 'leaked' is intentional to mess with Barr just before his testimony tomorrow was done to protect the real findings of the report, not what Trump wanted twisted to him.

And the Subpoena should be out the same day if he does not appear.

BN747
Topic Author

Wed May 01, 2019 2:05 am

As Lawrence O'Donnell points out, Barr had Mueller's reponse stated for a month. In other words he knew exactly what Mueller thoughts were and went on to publicly state he had no idea what Mueller's point was and had no idea how Mueller felt. He knew what he was doing all along.

BN747

Ken777

Wed May 01, 2019 2:29 am

NIKV69 wrote:

Are you referring to an Impeachment of Barr our Trump? Barr will be fine before long - he got caught lying to Congress sooner than anticipated. if you are referring to Trump then don't rush tings. Discovery is just getting started and Americans (including you) need to see the evidence and can then make a decision on Impeachment.

My personal belief cis that Trump will not be able to remain in office during vigorous Discovery. When sufficient evidence becomes public I believe Trump will first Pardon his kids and then negotiate Pence delivering a pardon in exchange for Pence becoming President. This puts the pardon at the moment of Trump's resignation and, I believe, it will take place in Trump Tower - thus avoiding the Perp Walk across the White House lawn like Nixon endured.

Maybe we should wait to make a decision on impeachment until actual evidence is presented to the public. Evidence might actually move you to be a strong supporter of Impeachment - just like evidence (especially the tapes) was strong enough for Nixon's supporters to change their support,

MikeDrop

Wed May 01, 2019 2:56 am

Ken777 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Are you referring to an Impeachment of Barr our Trump? Barr will be fine before long - he got caught lying to Congress sooner than anticipated. if you are referring to Trump then don't rush tings. Discovery is just getting started and Americans (including you) need to see the evidence and can then make a decision on Impeachment.

My personal belief cis that Trump will not be able to remain in office during vigorous Discovery. When sufficient evidence becomes public I believe Trump will first Pardon his kids and then negotiate Pence delivering a pardon in exchange for Pence becoming President. This puts the pardon at the moment of Trump's resignation and, I believe, it will take place in Trump Tower - thus avoiding the Perp Walk across the White House lawn like Nixon endured.

Maybe we should wait to make a decision on impeachment until actual evidence is presented to the public. Evidence might actually move you to be a strong supporter of Impeachment - just like evidence (especially the tapes) was strong enough for Nixon's supporters to change their support,

This is great, We are back on the "Trump will resign before 2020" bandwagon. Its getting hard to keep up with which talking point we are getting each day. Of course no one is mentioning that Barr released the full report with minimal redactions, so it really doesn't matter at this point. But hey, say Barr is going to jail because Mueller thinks his summary "caused confusion" while Barr was working to release the full report - it certainly provides the rabid left with the red meat they want. In 2 weeks this will be forgotten, just like all of the other dozens and dozens of breathless plots that you all keep accusing Trump of - to no avail.

LOL

Mike Drop

apodino

Wed May 01, 2019 3:15 am

MikeDrop wrote:
Ken777 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

This is great, We are back on the "Trump will resign before 2020" bandwagon. Its getting hard to keep up with which talking point we are getting each day. Of course no one is mentioning that Barr released the full report with minimal redactions, so it really doesn't matter at this point. But hey, say Barr is going to jail because Mueller thinks his summary "caused confusion" while Barr was working to release the full report - it certainly provides the rabid left with the red meat they want. In 2 weeks this will be forgotten, just like all of the other dozens and dozens of breathless plots that you all keep accusing Trump of - to no avail.

LOL

Mike Drop

Regardless, Barr phrased the memo in a way to help trump, and the bizarre press conference was also part of that. He knew that most people who are on Trumps side are not going to read the report, so he did this memo and this press conference to tell Trump Supporters exactly what they wanted to hear. I am glad he is testifying tomorrow and I am not upset that democrats will ask tough questions, and truthfully republicans need to demand more as well.

Honestly, Mueller himself needs to testify as well. I want to hear his thoughts under oath straight from his own mouth on this issue.

Lastly, this episode follows what I believe is a disturbing trend in Washington. That is that these investigations are raising lots of questions and are highlighting issues that need to be addressed, but all of this gets ignored because people are more focused on one person. The Benghazi investigation revealed a lot of issues with what happened over there and highlighted areas of our Embassy security we need to address. This went completely ignored because people were so focused on Hillary Clinton, everything else was ignored that should have been payed attention to, and this is true on both sides. During this case, it is crystal clear that Russia is trying to influence our elections and that we need to take steps to prevent this. But yet no one is talking about it because everyone is focused on Trump so much. These investigations are too political and both sides are more interested in protecting their own party members than on serving the country.

WarRI1

Wed May 01, 2019 3:16 am

MikeDrop wrote:
Ken777 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

LOL

Mike Drop

We are back in the swamp created by you know who. The lies, the legal maneuvers go on every day, all emanating from the tarnished White Abode where there is nothing but deception in the halls. The swamp water is getting deep there by now. Two years into draining the swamp has been a miserable failure. How are the head liars approval numbers doing among all this winning?

einsteinboricua

Wed May 01, 2019 3:20 am

Literally no one:
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

WarRI1

Wed May 01, 2019 3:21 am

apodino wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
Ken777 wrote:

LOL

Mike Drop

Regardless, Barr phrased the memo in a way to help trump, and the bizarre press conference was also part of that. He knew that most people who are on Trumps side are not going to read the report, so he did this memo and this press conference to tell Trump Supporters exactly what they wanted to hear. I am glad he is testifying tomorrow and I am not upset that democrats will ask tough questions, and truthfully republicans need to demand more as well.

Honestly, Mueller himself needs to testify as well. I want to hear his thoughts under oath straight from his own mouth on this issue.

Lastly, this episode follows what I believe is a disturbing trend in Washington. That is that these investigations are raising lots of questions and are highlighting issues that need to be addressed, but all of this gets ignored because people are more focused on one person. The Benghazi investigation revealed a lot of issues with what happened over there and highlighted areas of our Embassy security we need to address. This went completely ignored because people were so focused on Hillary Clinton, everything else was ignored that should have been payed attention to, and this is true on both sides. During this case, it is crystal clear that Russia is trying to influence our elections and that we need to take steps to prevent this. But yet no one is talking about it because everyone is focused on Trump so much. These investigations are too political and both sides are more interested in protecting their own party members than on serving the country.

Without a doubt, muddying the water is a tactic of trump and the Republicans. Every little problem comes up, create something to divert attention. Meanwhile our Democratic Institutions are taking a beating, that is what amazes me, how can the Super Patriots advocate for this man who would be King? :banghead:

MSPNWA

Wed May 01, 2019 5:45 am

The real misleading is from the media. Mueller does not say that Barr's summary was inaccurate.

Wake up, America. When in history has propaganda ever been the correct side to pick?

ltbewr

Wed May 01, 2019 9:05 am

Here is AG Barr's statement in writing he plans to put into the record for his appearance:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... spartandhp
Seems to me his part in the cover up for Trump continues using law hair splitting.

alfa164

Wed May 01, 2019 9:32 am

MSPNWA wrote:
The real misleading is from the media. Mueller does not say that Barr's summary was inaccurate.

While it may be unfair to expect much in the way of reading comprehension from every A.net poster, it would be fair to point out the first sentence of the article:

"Attorney General Bill Barr was criticized by special counsel Robert Mueller after misleading Americans about the findings of his investigations."

And Mueller's own words:

“The summary letter the Department sent to Congress and released to the public late in the afternoon of March 24 did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance of this office’s work and conclusions. There is now public confusion about critical aspects of the results of our investigation. This threatens to undermine a central purpose for which the Department appointed the Special Counsel: to assure full public confidence in the outcome of the investigations.”

I would have to say it certainly looks like Mueller thought it was inaccurate...

:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

atcsundevil

Wed May 01, 2019 11:09 am

Please stick to discussing the topic. This thread isn't about anything other than the story regarding Mueller and Barr.

✈️ atcsundevil

casinterest

Wed May 01, 2019 11:46 am

Mueller's report is done
Barr has misled America.
Rosenstien is resigning,
Sessions has Resigned.

Now Barr will be dismissed, and the only one left to answer for the Russian Interference will be Trump and his Administration.

The Swamp consumes it's own, and has become a cesspool. Time to get rid of the corrupt leaders like Trump.
Where ever you go, there you are.

Magog

Wed May 01, 2019 11:58 am

What a nothing burger. As a Democrat, this faux scandal is actually embarrassing, just like the Russian collusion hoax was embarrassing.

From the Washington Post article:
"After the Attorney General received Special Counsel Mueller’s letter, he called him to discuss it," a Justice Department spokeswoman told the Post Tuesday. "In a cordial and professional conversation, the Special Counsel emphasized that nothing in the Attorney General’s March 24 letter was inaccurate or misleading. But, he expressed frustration over the lack of context and the resulting media coverage regarding the Special Counsel’s obstruction analysis. They then discussed whether additional context from the report would be helpful and could be quickly released. However, the Attorney General ultimately determined that it would not be productive to release the report in piecemeal fashion. The Attorney General and the Special Counsel agreed to get the full report out with necessary redactions as expeditiously as possible."

Let me highlight the most relevant portion:
“the Special Counsel emphasized that nothing in the Attorney General’s March 24 letter was inaccurate or misleading.

Yawn.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAAKJB8

casinterest

Wed May 01, 2019 12:01 pm

Magog wrote:
What a nothing burger. As a Democrat, this faux scandal is actually embarrassing, just like the Russian collusion hoax was embarrassing.

From the Washington Post article:
"After the Attorney General received Special Counsel Mueller’s letter, he called him to discuss it," a Justice Department spokeswoman told the Post Tuesday. "In a cordial and professional conversation, the Special Counsel emphasized that nothing in the Attorney General’s March 24 letter was inaccurate or misleading. But, he expressed frustration over the lack of context and the resulting media coverage regarding the Special Counsel’s obstruction analysis. They then discussed whether additional context from the report would be helpful and could be quickly released. However, the Attorney General ultimately determined that it would not be productive to release the report in piecemeal fashion. The Attorney General and the Special Counsel agreed to get the full report out with necessary redactions as expeditiously as possible."

Let me highlight the most relevant portion:
“the Special Counsel emphasized that nothing in the Attorney General’s March 24 letter was inaccurate or misleading.

Yawn.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAAKJB8

Too bad you can't identify misleading when a dishonorable coward such as Barr lies and omits to protect his lying racist boss. That's the really embarrassing part.

Magog

Wed May 01, 2019 12:11 pm

casinterest wrote:

Too bad you can't identify misleading when a dishonorable coward such as Barr lies and omits to protect his lying racist boss. That's the really embarrassing part.

Let me repeat Mueller’s words:
nothing in the Attorney General’s March 24 letter was inaccurate or misleading.

The irony here is that Mueller was complaining about the out of control media more than anything else.

casinterest

Wed May 01, 2019 12:15 pm

Magog wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Let me repeat Mueller’s words:
nothing in the Attorney General’s March 24 letter was inaccurate or misleading.

The irony here is that Mueller was complaining about the out of control media more than anything else.

Because the lying coward omitted context. He mentioned NOTHING about how the DOJ would not prosecute due to longstanding tradition. He mentioned nothing about how Congress could still investigate. He lied through omission intentionally. Or because he is that STUPID. Take your choice.

Magog

Wed May 01, 2019 1:49 pm

The faux outrage over Barr’s letter follows a well worn pattern. If you're even passingly familiar with how Trump/Russia "bombshell" news cycles have worked for the past three years, you'd know that media pundits melodramatically lose their minds for about 24 hours, then the entire thing fizzles and everybody moves on to the next fake outrage.

MikeDrop

Wed May 01, 2019 1:57 pm

Magog wrote:
The faux outrage over Barr’s letter follows a well worn pattern. If you're even passingly familiar with how Trump/Russia "bombshell" news cycles have worked for the past three years, you'd know that media pundits melodramatically lose their minds for about 24 hours, then the entire thing fizzles and everybody moves on to the next fake outrage.

Conviently manufactured and released the day before Barr’s testimony for maximum impact. Total scam.

Nothing burger.

Mike Drop

Magog

Wed May 01, 2019 2:03 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
Magog wrote:

Conviently manufactured and released the day before Barr’s testimony for maximum impact. Total scam.

Nothing burger.

Mike Drop

What’s sad is that people still fall for these fake bombshells.

casinterest

Wed May 01, 2019 2:48 pm

I think this reads as, "You ,William Barr, are misleading the public"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5fGhnYX4AATVyb.jpg:large

trpmb6

Wed May 01, 2019 3:07 pm

casinterest wrote:

So two things. I don't believe this will change anyone's perception on this matter. Those who were entrenched on the left will stay there, those on the right will stay there. Secondly, the report was released with the assistance of Mueller's team. So, this letter having pre-dated that release, seems moot now as the report is publicly available with the redactions allowed under law.

Notice that Mueller stops short of saying Barr "misled" the American People. Just that his summary did not contain the full context, nature and substance of the report. I think it's fair to say that we all knew this would be the case given that the summary was 4 pages and the report itself nearly 100 times the length.

I think it's fair to criticize Barr for not including statements about existing departmental precedence on not being able to indict a sitting president. But the Mueller report itself does not make mention of that either (if I'm not mistaken). That being said, Barr should have included more context on volume 2 in his summary. Does this mean his summary was inaccurate? No. Did he mislead the American Public? No. After all, he always intended to release the report. So why would he conceal anything he knew would be released anyways?

I suspect we will learn a great deal from the testimonies in the following days. I also want to hear from Mueller.

casinterest

Wed May 01, 2019 3:33 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

So two things. I don't believe this will change anyone's perception on this matter. Those who were entrenched on the left will stay there, those on the right will stay there. Secondly, the report was released with the assistance of Mueller's team. So, this letter having pre-dated that release, seems moot now as the report is publicly available with the redactions allowed under law.

Notice that Mueller stops short of saying Barr "misled" the American People. Just that his summary did not contain the full context, nature and substance of the report. I think it's fair to say that we all knew this would be the case given that the summary was 4 pages and the report itself nearly 100 times the length.

I think it's fair to criticize Barr for not including statements about existing departmental precedence on not being able to indict a sitting president. But the Mueller report itself does not make mention of that either (if I'm not mistaken). That being said, Barr should have included more context on volume 2 in his summary. Does this mean his summary was inaccurate? No. Did he mislead the American Public? No. After all, he always intended to release the report. So why would he conceal anything he knew would be released anyways?

I suspect we will learn a great deal from the testimonies in the following days. I also want to hear from Mueller.

I want to hear from Barr and Mueller as well, but more than that, and more importantly, I want to hear how we are stopping Russia from interfering with the 2020 election. It seems quite obvious that social media, the NRA , Cambridge Analytics, and a multitude of other organizations were open to manipulation from foreign sources/

WarRI1

Wed May 01, 2019 4:20 pm

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-depicted-m ... on-brknews

In a nutshell, the man is a fraud, and obviously like all frauds fears the truth. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence would see it.

seb146

Wed May 01, 2019 5:43 pm

MSPNWA wrote:

Wake up, America. When in history has propaganda ever been the correct side to pick?

"Barr mislead the American people" is accurate. Mueller knows what Barr wrote for his boss and the base is misleading. Again: Mueller knows the entire content of his report. He knows whether Barr mislead We The People or not. Apparently Barr did just that.

Magog

Wed May 01, 2019 6:07 pm

seb146 wrote:
MSPNWA wrote:

"Barr mislead the American people" is accurate. Mueller knows what Barr wrote for his boss and the base is misleading. Again: Mueller knows the entire content of his report. He knows whether Barr mislead We The People or not. Apparently Barr did just that.

I believe Mueller, who said, “the Special Counsel emphasized that nothing in the Attorney General’s March 24 letter was inaccurate or misleading.”

trpmb6

Wed May 01, 2019 6:08 pm

The best analogy I've read so far:"This is like complaining about a movie trailer that came out two weeks before the movie."

sccutler

Wed May 01, 2019 6:26 pm

Mr. Mueller is anything but inarticulate or dull-witted; had he desired to state that Barr was misleading the public, he'd have written just that.

casinterest wrote:

...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

trpmb6

Wed May 01, 2019 7:55 pm

sccutler wrote:
Mr. Mueller is anything but inarticulate or dull-witted; had he desired to state that Barr was misleading the public, he'd have written just that.

casinterest wrote:

Could be that the confusion Mueller was referring to was on the left side of politics rather than the right side of politics :twisted:

casinterest

Wed May 01, 2019 8:13 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
sccutler wrote:

casinterest wrote:

Could be that the confusion Mueller was referring to was on the left side of politics rather than the right side of politics :twisted:

It doesn't get any clearer in politics.

"To assure full public confidence in the outcome of the investigation " That is code for you are misleading people/screwing all of this up.

His allusions to the carefully produced 4 page summary that articulately explained everything and was summarily dropped is what prompted this letter.

Put another way. ....

How many of you write a letter of concern to your coworkers when you think they are doing a good job, raising concern over their statements and then allude to your own work as being much (better) informative?

trpmb6

Wed May 01, 2019 8:25 pm

casinterest wrote:

How many of you write a letter of concern to your coworkers when you think they are doing a good job, raising concern over their statements and then allude to your own work as being much (better) informative?

LOL you clearly have never worked with engineers.

casinterest

Wed May 01, 2019 8:30 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

LOL you clearly have never worked with engineers.

I work with engineers, you don't do it unless you mean it. Also being buddy buddy with them helps. However if you do this on an issue after crap has hit the fan ( say boeing MCAS design team) you will be throwing someone under a bus.

Magog

Wed May 01, 2019 10:29 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
The best analogy I've read so far:"This is like complaining about a movie trailer that came out two weeks before the movie."

That’s quite accurate. The proponents of the Russian collusion hoax are just grasping at straws now. It’s sad.

seb146

Thu May 02, 2019 12:16 am

Magog wrote:
seb146 wrote:
MSPNWA wrote:

I believe Mueller, who said, “the Special Counsel emphasized that nothing in the Attorney General’s March 24 letter was inaccurate or misleading.”

You are saying that Mueller said Barr mislead We The People but Barr did not mislead We The People. Which is it?

Let's also not forget that team MAGA was given information on Hillary during the campaign. Instead of FOLLOWING THE LAW and going to the FBI, they actually accepted that information and used it. Carter was given information on Reagan during the 1980 campaign and FOLLOWED THE LAW and immediately went to the FBI. Gore was given information on GWB in the 2000 campaign and FOLLOWED THE LAW and immediately went to the FBI.

Dieuwer

Thu May 02, 2019 12:24 am

Solution seems easy: Barr withdraws and Mueller writes a brief summary of his findings himself.

LittleFokker

Thu May 02, 2019 12:27 am

Magog wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

That’s quite accurate. The proponents of the Russian collusion hoax are just grasping at straws now. It’s sad.

No, the analogy would be accurate if you saw a trailer for the movie "Brother Bear," but the actual movie shown was "Kill Bill" (movies chosen because my brother made this mistake when he used to be in a projection room for a movie theater. He pissed off a lot of parents that day.). Of course, there's no point in debating conservatives and fake liberals like Magog, because no matter how unpleasant the reality is, they will ignore it and substitute in their own reality.
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

BN747
Topic Author

Thu May 02, 2019 1:16 am

trpmb6 wrote:

No, a better (A.net style) analogy...A380It's like complaining about your $20K BA A380 LHR-LAX, but end up on a BA A320 doing LHR-LCY-DUB-SNN-JEF-YQX on it's way to your destination...addn'l stips are yet be scheduled....

BN747

WarRI1

Thu May 02, 2019 1:43 am

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/0 ... /23720474/

I cannot wait for Mueller to get called before the House. I dearly hope the reputation of honesty. bravery and integrity for Mueller is more accurate than this ass wipe barr. Although barr was called cover up barr years ago, or something close to that. A little snitty, is that a legal term ? ;) ;)

BN747
Topic Author

Thu May 02, 2019 4:01 am

Dis he decide to cancel his appearance before the House (tomorrow) BEFORE or AFTER, Kamala Harris took his scalp?

BN747

apodino

Thu May 02, 2019 4:09 am

The thing that surprises me is not that Barr is refusing to bring charges but the fact that he isn't even trying to hide the fact that he is protecting Trump and almost seems to be going out of his way to make sure that we know he is. I don't understand what he is doing. All he had to do was say that he accepted the findings of the special counsel and determined that Trump should not be prosecuted and left it at that. But he took it a step further by the way he phrased the letter. Personally, I think Mueller should have wrote the summary letter, not Barr. Then that bizarre press conference before the report was released. Again, no need for it, and Mueller was not present suspiciously. Now he has this embarrassing testimony before the Senate today. I cant believe what I am seeing. If I didn't know better it almost looks to me like he is acting this way to look like he is protecting Trump to set him up for a fall down the road. And now we get word he will not testify before Jerold Nadler's committee tomorrow? What the hell is going on here? And when is Mueller going to testify?

I don't believe there was collusion myself, but Barr is acting completely inappropriately. And this fits a nationwide pattern of Law Enforcement agencies (DOJ, States AG, and even District Attorneys) being used for political purposes and not to do their jobs properly. This scares me to death.

trpmb6

Thu May 02, 2019 4:29 am

What frustrates me is this is exactly what Russia wants. They want us to continue bickering amongst ourselves. Meanwhile they are effectively propping up the Maduro regime in Venezuela. There are far more important things going on. The Trump Campaign did not work with the Russians to get elected. Some have said that Ttump only ran to spread his brand. Why would he then contact the Russians to get elected??? Why would he tighten sanctions on them and squeeze them on natural gas exports. It all defies the theme that somehow Trump is Putin's bitch.

Seriously, move on. Tired of it.

seb146

Thu May 02, 2019 5:31 am

trpmb6 wrote:
What frustrates me is this is exactly what Russia wants. They want us to continue bickering amongst ourselves. Meanwhile they are effectively propping up the Maduro regime in Venezuela. There are far more important things going on. The Trump Campaign did not work with the Russians to get elected. Some have said that Ttump only ran to spread his brand. Why would he then contact the Russians to get elected??? Why would he tighten sanctions on them and squeeze them on natural gas exports. It all defies the theme that somehow Trump is Putin's bitch.

So, instead of punishing those on our end who helped and figuring out how to not do this again, we should just walk away and let people get away with crimes?

BN747
Topic Author

Thu May 02, 2019 5:36 am

seb146 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

So, instead of punishing those on our end who helped and figuring out how to not do this again, we should just walk away and let people get away with crimes?

Exactly, and trpmb6 has heard every legitimate offense by this administration 1000X over and continues to bring back the same ol' bogus weak arguments....so why do you putting gas in his tank?

BN747