stratclub
Topic Author

Re: Dallas DA Takes Heat from Council Members Over New Theft Policy

Thu May 02, 2019 10:23 am

scbriml wrote:
Wow, I didn't realise Hillary is still a thing for republicans. Crazy, huh?

It's not just a perfume...

No not obsessed, just patient. Now that the Trump RussiaGate hoax is over, the AG has determine that Trump was spied on and it needs to be investigated and guess who paid for the fake Steele dossier? With Obama's DOJ and FBI being culpable for crimes regarding SpyGate and Hillary, AG Bar is going to be busy prosecuting the corruption.

Doesn't it bother you that Hillary hid her activities as Secretary of State by keeping an illegal E-Mail server and destroying 33,000 E-Mails she was subpoenaed to turn over to congress and then she was given a pass by Obama's corrupt FBI and DOJ?

afcjets

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Thu May 02, 2019 12:33 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

Surely you know a put on when you see it, sarcasm when you read it and disrespect for the But, but, but, but, but, but cry from the whiners of the right. My goodness ,you guys act like you have a pole stuck up there. Admit it, you guys try to act like Super Patriots, defenders of the Motherland and yet you back a loser, a crook, a liar who has no honor. Do you guys really know what honor is ? This draft dodger is a laughable spectacle when he dons his military regalia. The men who served, and died must be turning over in their graves, including my Hero John McCain. Come on guys, try to act like you really know what honor and respect is. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Trump might be a terrible soldier, but is a great President. He is also a president for all the people and who the people elected, but if you want to only let veterans and military personnel determine our President, while unfair, I would love that, and Trump would win even more in a landslide in 2020.

Let me ask you a question, did you vote for “your hero, John MCCain” in 2008? I sure did. Giving you the benefit of the doubt and your post, I am guessing the chances are still at best 50/50. Or did you vote for the honorable Senator Obama, who until he ran for President, did not wear a flag lapel or would even salute the American flag during our national anthem? (since we’re talking about honor and those who served and died turning over in their graves)

Ah, this again. Riiiight, because saluting the flag and doing symbolic crap takes precedence over living with integrity and taking positive action for community/country. I know several people I would easily describe as incredible Americans, devoting themselves both to spreading our innovations abroad and assisting those in need, and they have never worn a flag on their lapel either.

Most Americans haven’t, but all US Senators do and they do not disrespect the national anthem. Obama weaponized the DOJ and the IRS and has much less integrity and love of country than Trump and Trump beats Obama on almost if not every metric.

MaverickM11

Thu May 02, 2019 3:25 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

Surely you know a put on when you see it, sarcasm when you read it and disrespect for the But, but, but, but, but, but cry from the whiners of the right. My goodness ,you guys act like you have a pole stuck up there. Admit it, you guys try to act like Super Patriots, defenders of the Motherland and yet you back a loser, a crook, a liar who has no honor. Do you guys really know what honor is ? This draft dodger is a laughable spectacle when he dons his military regalia. The men who served, and died must be turning over in their graves, including my Hero John McCain. Come on guys, try to act like you really know what honor and respect is. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Trump might be a terrible soldier, but is a great President. He is also a president for all the people and who the people elected, but if you want to only let veterans and military personnel determine our President, while unfair, I would love that, and Trump would win even more in a landslide in 2020.

Let me ask you a question, did you vote for “your hero, John MCCain” in 2008? I sure did. Giving you the benefit of the doubt and your post, I am guessing the chances are still at best 50/50. Or did you vote for the honorable Senator Obama, who until he ran for President, did not wear a flag lapel or would even salute the American flag during our national anthem? (since we’re talking about honor and those who served and died turning over in their graves)

Ah, this again. Riiiight, because saluting the flag and doing symbolic crap takes precedence over living with integrity and taking positive action for community/country. I know several people I would easily describe as incredible Americans, devoting themselves both to spreading our innovations abroad and assisting those in need, and they have never worn a flag on their lapel either.

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"...lapel pins :roll: Jesus christ...the "thoughts 'n prurrers" of flag fetishists.
E pur si muove -Galileo

afcjets

Thu May 02, 2019 4:23 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"...lapel pins :roll: Jesus christ...the "thoughts 'n prurrers" of flag fetishists.

Why did Senator Obama start to wear one when he decided to run for President?

MaverickM11

Thu May 02, 2019 5:13 pm

afcjets wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

More importantly, who cares?
E pur si muove -Galileo

Aaron747

Fri May 03, 2019 3:09 am

afcjets wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Because a PR lady said to? Whatever the reason, it’s as meaningless as that.

As for the integrity nonsense, I’ll just compare 44 and 45 against my Grandfather’s opinion of what real men do: ‘pay their debts, do honest business, cherish and honor their wife and family’.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

greendot

Sat May 04, 2019 1:49 pm

seb146 wrote:
greendot wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Are you talking about BitBleach?

https://money.cnn.com/2016/08/26/techno ... bleachbit/

A computer security expert said BitBleach is "a fairly amateur tool" and that "[s]omeone trying to cover their tracks would likely pay for and use a much more expensive, specialized data destruction tool."

So, there goes another conspiracy theory down the drain.

BTW, since "both sides do it" I am assuming you MAGA fan boys will raise hell to find out why Mitt Romney bought every last computer that was used during his time at Massachusetts governor and physically destroyed them so no data could be recovered? You all are obsessed with the horrible crimes you all think are being covered up because "both sides do it" so go after Romney too.

It's not an amateur tool. It CAN be used as amateurs to hide things from anyone. It complies with the NSA and DOD requirements on the number of full platter overwrites, making data recovery impossible, even at the quantum level. Besides it doesn't even matter because virtually every hostile country intercepted her classified emails as they were illegally communicated outside government systems of record. The law makes transmission and storage of classified information outside the system of record (government system), regarless of "intent", a federal crime.

Also, remember that CNN is an extension of the Democrat party. Naturally they write articles that make Hillary's poop smell like roses. They have been fake news ever since they greenscreened a fake news report from Baghdad during Gulf War 1, shot rooftop on location, in Georgia.

You are in tinfoil hat territory with talk of CNN green screen and that drivel. I can not take any of the rest of your post seriously.

Actually, CNN is solidly tin foil. Remember that whole Russian collusion fake news conspiracy theory? It turns out that it was all fake Democrat manufactured conspiracy theory perpetuated by CNN and other leftist infotainment companies. All hail Don Lemon and company... the truth as they tell you it is. Time to question everything Maddow, Google, Facebook tell you to think. Mueller stacked his team with 100% Democrat partisan investigators and they STILL had to admit Trump didn't collude. The whole unredacted report is available to Democrat senators and the redacted report is available to you and me in it's entirety because Trump wanted the people to see the whole report.

The original CNN greenscreen videos are out there.

The question is... are you too partisan to left wing politics to accept truth. Can you admit being wrong? Can you think for yourself? Or are you simply a useful instrument of the Democrats?

greendot

Sat May 04, 2019 1:58 pm

stratclub wrote:
scbriml wrote:
Wow, I didn't realise Hillary is still a thing for republicans. Crazy, huh?

It's not just a perfume...

No not obsessed, just patient. Now that the Trump RussiaGate hoax is over, the AG has determine that Trump was spied on and it needs to be investigated and guess who paid for the fake Steele dossier? With Obama's DOJ and FBI being culpable for crimes regarding SpyGate and Hillary, AG Bar is going to be busy prosecuting the corruption.

Doesn't it bother you that Hillary hid her activities as Secretary of State by keeping an illegal E-Mail server and destroying 33,000 E-Mails she was subpoenaed to turn over to congress and then she was given a pass by Obama's corrupt FBI and DOJ?

They're not bothered because the left has no right or wrong... it's "anything to win".

I remember when Democrats under Bill Clinton were solidly against illegal immigration. Now, they want every illegal immigrant because they need voters to win an election.

sccutler

Sat May 04, 2019 3:24 pm

The content of this thread is concentrated, distilled proof that civil discourse can no longer be expected. I’m embarrassed for all of you.

I see more stereotyping and bigoted commentary here, than I could possibly have imagined. I would urge each and all of you to look in the mirror and ask yourself, “is this who I want to be? “ And yes, if you are deploying stereotypes, whether about “liberals,“ or about “rednecks,“ you are, absolutely, a bigot.

—-

Returning (oddly) to the original topic of this thread, I would offer the following.

First and foremost, district attorney Creuzot, having had years on the criminal bench, knows a little something about crime in Dallas County, and I don’t think he comes across these ideas without some careful thought. That said, however, I am gravely disappointed in his decision to implement it as he has chosen, and in particular, to make the announcement that he will not be prosecuting, as a matter of policy, a large portion of crimes. He could easily have accomplished the same purpose with an internal, unpublished policy directed to his deputy district attorney staff, without creating the very real specter of lawlessness which his actual announcement has created. It is a slap in the face to police officers, to small business owners, and indeed, to the affected neighborhoods.

The irony, of course, is that this policy will harm small businesses at the margin in distressed neighborhoods the worst; these businesses are typically owned by people in the neighborhood, have a very small margins, and can scarcely afford to forfeit any amount of profit. There is a great deal of consternation (not without cause) about “food deserts,“ in economically-depressed neighborhoods, because larger food stores cannot profitably operate in crime-ridden neighborhoods. The slack, then, is taken up by smaller, neighborhood businesses.

With his announced non-enforcement policy, district attorney Creuzot has declared open season on small business, and the smaller businesses (which cannot afford to employ full-time security) are going to be forced to substantially raise prices in order to make up the shortfall that will inevitably come from government-sanctioned theft. Inevitably, some will fail, leaving these neighborhoods with even fewer options for shopping for necessities.

As a judge, John Creuzot was solid, thoughtful and fair; it appears his announcement of policy as a DA is mere pandering, vote-buying, and I’m disappointed to see him do it. To be blunt, I thought he was a better man than that.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

greendot

Sat May 04, 2019 3:31 pm

sccutler wrote:
The content of this thread is concentrated, distilled proof that civil discourse can no longer be expected. I’m embarrassed for all of you.

I see more stereotyping and bigoted commentary here, than I could possibly have imagined. I would urge each and all of you to look in the mirror and ask yourself, “is this who I want to be? “ And yes, if you are deploying stereotypes, whether about “liberals,“ or about “rednecks,“ you are, absolutely, a bigot.

—-

Returning (oddly) to the original topic of this thread, I would offer the following.

First and foremost, district attorney Creuzot, having had years on the criminal bench, knows a little something about crime in Dallas County, and I don’t think he comes across these ideas without some careful thought. That said, however, I am gravely disappointed in his decision to implement it as he has chosen, and in particular, to make the announcement that he will not be prosecuting, as a matter of policy, a large portion of crimes. He could easily have accomplished the same purpose with an internal, unpublished policy directed to his deputy district attorney staff, without creating the very real specter of lawlessness which his actual announcement has created. It is a slap in the face to police officers, to small business owners, and indeed, to the affected neighborhoods.

The irony, of course, is that this policy will harm small businesses at the margin in distressed neighborhoods the worst; these businesses are typically owned by people in the neighborhood, have a very small margins, and can scarcely afford to forfeit any amount of profit. There is a great deal of consternation (not without cause) about “food deserts,“ in economically-depressed neighborhoods, because larger food stores cannot profitably operate in crime-ridden neighborhoods. The slack, then, is taken up by smaller, neighborhood businesses.

With his announced non-enforcement policy, district attorney Creuzot has declared open season on small business, and the smaller businesses (which cannot afford to employ full-time security) are going to be forced to substantially raise prices in order to make up the shortfall that will inevitably come from government-sanctioned theft. Inevitably, some will fail, leaving these neighborhoods with even fewer options for shopping for necessities.

As a judge, John Creuzot was solid, thoughtful and fair; it appears his announcement of policy as a DA is mere pandering, vote-buying, and I’m disappointed to see him do it. To be blunt, I thought he was a better man than that.

Free speech is absolutely vital to a constitutional republic. You can try to take the virtuous path to see who can be more moral than the next person, but it is still a form of speech silencing. Calling anyone a bigot is merely a tool used to silence dissent. Words don't hurt people. Silencing people is far more dangerous than words, no matter how much you are offended by them. Please study history.

sccutler

Sat May 04, 2019 4:14 pm

greendot wrote:
sccutler wrote:

—-

Free speech is absolutely vital to a constitutional republic. You can try to take the virtuous path to see who can be more moral than the next person, but it is still a form of speech silencing. Calling anyone a bigot is merely a tool used to silence dissent. Words don't hurt people. Silencing people is far more dangerous than words, no matter how much you are offended by them. Please study history.

This is golden - you cant make this stuff up!

But, I’ll play.

Free speech is absolutely vital! The only question is where your speech resides in the signal to noise ratio. Note well: I called no particular person a “bigot,” but I did observe that I had seen bigoted commentary, and urged people to consider whether they had made bigoted posts. I leave it to each of you to make that call.

The first myth of communication, is that it has occurred.

In my not-inconsiderable experience, I’ve observed that name-calling and stereotyping simply never (as in, not ever) persuades any person to revise their worldview to better align with the name-callers’.

greendot

Sat May 04, 2019 6:17 pm

sccutler wrote:
greendot wrote:
sccutler wrote:

—-

This is golden - you cant make this stuff up!

But, I’ll play.

Free speech is absolutely vital! The only question is where your speech resides in the signal to noise ratio. Note well: I called no particular person a “bigot,” but I did observe that I had seen bigoted commentary, and urged people to consider whether they had made bigoted posts. I leave it to each of you to make that call.

The first myth of communication, is that it has occurred.

In my not-inconsiderable experience, I’ve observed that name-calling and stereotyping simply never (as in, not ever) persuades any person to revise their worldview to better align with the name-callers’.

I don't disagree that name calling and stereotyping is not always nice or even valid, but who are we to decide that? The noise you speak about, when dealing with people, is a diversity in viewpoints. Without that noise, we simply have monoculture groupthink. That's why all speech, no matter how dis-agreeable, should be protected. Speech is not physical violence.

sccutler

Sat May 04, 2019 6:25 pm

All very true.