uta999
Topic Author
Posts: 653
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:10 am

Heathrow - target for climate change protesters

Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:34 pm

Apparently these clowns are to target LHR tomorrow.

https://news.sky.com/story/live-three-c ... m-11696964
Your computer just got better
 
fcogafa
Posts: 1137
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 4:37 pm

Re: Heathrow - target for climate change protesters

Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:43 pm

Not the point I know, but it was really nice walking around the sights of London this week with no traffic on the roads!
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Posts: 3412
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Heathrow - target for climate change protesters

Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:36 pm

Because this thread is very likely to turn into an off topic debate, the thread will be moved to Non Aviation.

✈️ atcsundevil
 
User avatar
JannEejit
Posts: 1249
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:04 pm

Re: Heathrow - target for climate change protesters

Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:55 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
Because this thread is very likely to turn into an off topic debate, the thread will be moved to Non Aviation.

✈️ atcsundevil

Yes but why delete the off topic posts as well ?
 
Deltabravo1123
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:32 am

Re: Heathrow - target for climate change protesters

Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:58 pm

I'm sure others will disagree with me, but even despite the interruption of air travel that this may cause, I support these efforts 100%. Global warming is entirely a real and authentic threat to every living creature on this entire planet. Although, it does suck that we need to conduct such protests just in order to get the understanding and awareness that is needed. Something needs to be done about this issue, otherwise all of us who are living in 50 years will only then have a much greater bout of stress to deal with.
 
Magog
Posts: 599
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 am

Re: Heathrow - target for climate change protesters

Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:10 pm

Agreed. We need to do more. Much more.
 
stratclub
Posts: 1157
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Heathrow - target for climate change protesters

Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:36 pm

Deltabravo1123 wrote:
I'm sure others will disagree with me, but even despite the interruption of air travel that this may cause, I support these efforts 100%. Global warming is entirely a real and authentic threat to every living creature on this entire planet. Although, it does suck that we need to conduct such protests just in order to get the understanding and awareness that is needed. Something needs to be done about this issue, otherwise all of us who are living in 50 years will only then have a much greater bout of stress to deal with.

Wrong. the alarmists use to call it global cooling in the 1970's and then global warming later and because that was proven to be untrue by actual scientific data, now it is called climate change which is one of the biggest political hoaxes ever. I guess now the alarmist are saying we need to cut fossil fuel use within 12 years or face irreparable damage to the planet. in the last 30 years, non of the dire predictions by these nut job alarmist has come true. Climate change is one of the biggest political frauds perpetuated against the world population. They want us to spend trillions of dollars for a problem that does not exist.

Something that should actually be addressed is pollution which is an actual problem.
 
User avatar
TSS
Posts: 3026
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:52 pm

Re: Heathrow - target for climate change protesters

Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:39 pm

uta999 wrote:
Apparently these clowns are to target LHR tomorrow.

https://news.sky.com/story/live-three-c ... m-11696964

The way they're all bundled up in jackets and balaclavas while the police walk by in shirt sleeves, you'd think they were in favor of global warming, not against it.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!
 
Deltabravo1123
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:32 am

Re: Heathrow - target for climate change protesters

Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:39 pm

stratclub wrote:
Deltabravo1123 wrote:
I'm sure others will disagree with me, but even despite the interruption of air travel that this may cause, I support these efforts 100%. Global warming is entirely a real and authentic threat to every living creature on this entire planet. Although, it does suck that we need to conduct such protests just in order to get the understanding and awareness that is needed. Something needs to be done about this issue, otherwise all of us who are living in 50 years will only then have a much greater bout of stress to deal with.

Wrong. the alarmists use to call it global cooling in the 1970's and then global warming later and because that was proven to be untrue by actual scientific data, now it is called climate change which is one of the biggest political hoaxes ever. I guess now the alarmist are saying we need to cut fossil fuel use within 12 years or face irreparable damage to the planet. in the last 30 years, non of the dire predictions by these nut job alarmist has come true. Climate change is one of the biggest political frauds perpetuated against the world population. They want us to spend trillions of dollars for a problem that does not exist.

Something that should actually be addressed is pollution which is an actual problem.


I actually shouldn't have used the phrase global warming - as in the title, climate change is the threat. Although I don't agree with everything you said, I will side with you in that politicians can exaggerate very greatly when discussing the topic. But either way, even if it isn't as bad as they make it seem, taking measures to use renewable and clean energy is much better for the planet, our resources, and our health in the long run. If we can make small efforts here and there over a couple of decades, we can minimize or completely eliminate issues that could arise if we don't confront this issue at all.
 
stratclub
Posts: 1157
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Heathrow - target for climate change protesters

Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:57 am

Seriously, we need to combat the climate change narrative. On planet earth, climate change has been happening since the planet has formed. Something of vital importance is that no one has actually and accurately documented mans involvement in it. Bottom line. None of the doomsday predictions that have been put forth in the last 30 years have proven to be true.

What are you suppose to believe if you have been continually lied to? Global cooling/global warming/ climate change hysteria have all been lies pushed on us in the last 30 years to the benefit of slimy politicians like Al Gore.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 11228
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Heathrow - target for climate change protesters

Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:56 am

I'll side with 99,99% of the scientific community over people involved in the fossil fuel industry, thanks.

Are you denying that corals are dying due to higher sea temperatures ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
User avatar
LAX772LR
Posts: 11963
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: Heathrow - target for climate change protesters

Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:04 am

I don't deny climate change: it's happening, it's human-influenced, and it's going to seriously alter the world we know... to the detriment of many species, eventually including our own.

That's all scientific fact.

What is NOT.... is this notion that humans somehow have the ability to "stop" climate change. That ain't happening folks.
This planet has never had the same climate for any geologically-significant period of time, and it never will.

No amount of protests, or dollars sent to ridiculous ripoffs like "carbon credits," is going to change that.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't be better stewards of our environment, and do what we can to reduce pollutants and greenhouse gases. But we're only delaying the inevitable.

Take your flight and enjoy it.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 8572
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Heathrow - target for climate change protesters

Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:18 am

stratclub wrote:
Something of vital importance is that no one has actually and accurately documented mans involvement in it..


Except for climate scientist you mean, but what do they know that an amateur like you couldn't find out yourself. I mean the golden standard of science has been reached, but I guess that your standards are much higher than scientist, just to protect your life style. It is like a toddler, put something before his eyes and he thinks he is invisible because he can't see you. No use to argue this point anymore, just move on. Just except the science or go live in the woods somewhere because you don't believe in science and shouldn't use any technology based on it. Either way the planet will be helped.

If we actually listen to the first report of the club of Rome in 1972, we didn't have to move in a more drastic way, but here we are and the longer we wait, the more drastic measures we need to take.

Don't agree on the method of this protest, but yes, aviation and international shipping are exempt from the Paris agreement, they need to be brought in line with this. There is no other way.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aaron747, Oliver2020 and 44 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos