uta999
Topic Author

Heathrow - target for climate change protesters

Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:34 pm

Apparently these clowns are to target LHR tomorrow.

https://news.sky.com/story/live-three-c ... m-11696964
Your computer just got better

fcogafa

Re: Heathrow - target for climate change protesters

Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:43 pm

Not the point I know, but it was really nice walking around the sights of London this week with no traffic on the roads!

atcsundevil

Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:36 pm

Because this thread is very likely to turn into an off topic debate, the thread will be moved to Non Aviation.

✈️ atcsundevil

JannEejit

Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:55 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
Because this thread is very likely to turn into an off topic debate, the thread will be moved to Non Aviation.

✈️ atcsundevil

Yes but why delete the off topic posts as well ?

Deltabravo1123

Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:58 pm

I'm sure others will disagree with me, but even despite the interruption of air travel that this may cause, I support these efforts 100%. Global warming is entirely a real and authentic threat to every living creature on this entire planet. Although, it does suck that we need to conduct such protests just in order to get the understanding and awareness that is needed. Something needs to be done about this issue, otherwise all of us who are living in 50 years will only then have a much greater bout of stress to deal with.

Magog

Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:10 pm

Agreed. We need to do more. Much more.

stratclub

Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:36 pm

Deltabravo1123 wrote:
I'm sure others will disagree with me, but even despite the interruption of air travel that this may cause, I support these efforts 100%. Global warming is entirely a real and authentic threat to every living creature on this entire planet. Although, it does suck that we need to conduct such protests just in order to get the understanding and awareness that is needed. Something needs to be done about this issue, otherwise all of us who are living in 50 years will only then have a much greater bout of stress to deal with.

Wrong. the alarmists use to call it global cooling in the 1970's and then global warming later and because that was proven to be untrue by actual scientific data, now it is called climate change which is one of the biggest political hoaxes ever. I guess now the alarmist are saying we need to cut fossil fuel use within 12 years or face irreparable damage to the planet. in the last 30 years, non of the dire predictions by these nut job alarmist has come true. Climate change is one of the biggest political frauds perpetuated against the world population. They want us to spend trillions of dollars for a problem that does not exist.

Something that should actually be addressed is pollution which is an actual problem.

TSS

Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:39 pm

uta999 wrote:
Apparently these clowns are to target LHR tomorrow.

https://news.sky.com/story/live-three-c ... m-11696964

The way they're all bundled up in jackets and balaclavas while the police walk by in shirt sleeves, you'd think they were in favor of global warming, not against it.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

Deltabravo1123

Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:39 pm

stratclub wrote:
Deltabravo1123 wrote:

Wrong. the alarmists use to call it global cooling in the 1970's and then global warming later and because that was proven to be untrue by actual scientific data, now it is called climate change which is one of the biggest political hoaxes ever. I guess now the alarmist are saying we need to cut fossil fuel use within 12 years or face irreparable damage to the planet. in the last 30 years, non of the dire predictions by these nut job alarmist has come true. Climate change is one of the biggest political frauds perpetuated against the world population. They want us to spend trillions of dollars for a problem that does not exist.

Something that should actually be addressed is pollution which is an actual problem.

I actually shouldn't have used the phrase global warming - as in the title, climate change is the threat. Although I don't agree with everything you said, I will side with you in that politicians can exaggerate very greatly when discussing the topic. But either way, even if it isn't as bad as they make it seem, taking measures to use renewable and clean energy is much better for the planet, our resources, and our health in the long run. If we can make small efforts here and there over a couple of decades, we can minimize or completely eliminate issues that could arise if we don't confront this issue at all.

stratclub

Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:57 am

Seriously, we need to combat the climate change narrative. On planet earth, climate change has been happening since the planet has formed. Something of vital importance is that no one has actually and accurately documented mans involvement in it. Bottom line. None of the doomsday predictions that have been put forth in the last 30 years have proven to be true.

What are you suppose to believe if you have been continually lied to? Global cooling/global warming/ climate change hysteria have all been lies pushed on us in the last 30 years to the benefit of slimy politicians like Al Gore.

Aesma

Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:56 am

I'll side with 99,99% of the scientific community over people involved in the fossil fuel industry, thanks.

Are you denying that corals are dying due to higher sea temperatures ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

LAX772LR

Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:04 am

I don't deny climate change: it's happening, it's human-influenced, and it's going to seriously alter the world we know... to the detriment of many species, eventually including our own.

That's all scientific fact.

What is NOT.... is this notion that humans somehow have the ability to "stop" climate change. That ain't happening folks.
This planet has never had the same climate for any geologically-significant period of time, and it never will.

No amount of protests, or dollars sent to ridiculous ripoffs like "carbon credits," is going to change that.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't be better stewards of our environment, and do what we can to reduce pollutants and greenhouse gases. But we're only delaying the inevitable.

Take your flight and enjoy it.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

Dutchy

Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:18 am

stratclub wrote:
Something of vital importance is that no one has actually and accurately documented mans involvement in it..

Except for climate scientist you mean, but what do they know that an amateur like you couldn't find out yourself. I mean the golden standard of science has been reached, but I guess that your standards are much higher than scientist, just to protect your life style. It is like a toddler, put something before his eyes and he thinks he is invisible because he can't see you. No use to argue this point anymore, just move on. Just except the science or go live in the woods somewhere because you don't believe in science and shouldn't use any technology based on it. Either way the planet will be helped.

If we actually listen to the first report of the club of Rome in 1972, we didn't have to move in a more drastic way, but here we are and the longer we wait, the more drastic measures we need to take.

Don't agree on the method of this protest, but yes, aviation and international shipping are exempt from the Paris agreement, they need to be brought in line with this. There is no other way.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!