NoTime
Topic Author
Posts: 556
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:21 am

Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:56 pm

Award-winning journalist Ted Koppel says President Trump is “not mistaken” when it comes to many complaints about modern journalism.

The famous ABC reporter recently sat down for an hourlong discussion at Carnegie Endowment for International Peace in Washington, D.C., when he lamented of “Resistance” reporting and editorial choices by major newspapers.

...

“I turned to my wife [in 2016], and I said The Times is absolutely committed to making sure that this guy does not get elected,” Mr. Koppel said. “So his perception that the establishment press is out to get him doesn’t mean that great journalism is not being done. It is. But the notion that most of us look upon Donald Trump as being an absolute fiasco, he’s not mistaken in that perception, and he’s not mistaken when so many of the liberal media, for example, described themselves as belonging to the Resistance.”

“What does that mean? That’s not said by people who consider themselves reporters, objective reporters of facts,” the journalist continued.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... -about-li/


I'm sure some of you will claim that journalists should be part of the "resistance," but I would expect nothing else from ideologues. And I wouldn't be surprised if ol' Ted "clarifies" his comments after his liberal betters have a chance to speak with him.

But, it's an interesting moment of truthfulness - however fleeting.

Don't get me wrong. Trump is an arrogant horse's ass. But his claims about media bias are spot on.
Last edited by NoTime on Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8360
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:59 pm

Too scared to post the link ?
the Media bias is torwards the truth. Would you expect Trump to get boy scout treatment with the way he treats others ?
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
seb146
Posts: 19821
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:06 am

Every day for how many years we had to hear about Hillary's emails and how there was so much incriminating evidence in her emails and any day not Obama will suspend the Constitution and take away everyone's guns. But, yeah, let's feel sorry for the misogynist, racist, bad businessman being branded as a misogynist, racist and bad businessman.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
emperortk
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:01 pm

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:40 am

How would citizens be able to hold their democratically elected representatives accountable without the media reporting on what those representatives do? If you wield public power in a democracy, you should expect some adversarial scrutiny. If you are a charlatan with no political experience, poor judgment, few talents, a penchant for appealing to people's most crass and vile instincts and you surround yourself with corrupt elites eager to feed from the public trough, you have to expect some unfavorable reporting.

If you suck at your job and someone (customers, coworkers, boss, etc) tells you that you suck, it's not necessarily proof they are biased. It might just be the case that you suck at your job.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 12553
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:49 am

casinterest wrote:
Too scared to post the link ?
the Media bias is torwards the truth. Would you expect Trump to get boy scout treatment with the way he treats others ?


I see the link and Koppel is correct. Personally it's gratifying to see the media melt down and expose themselves for what they are. While at the same time losing law suits that are sure to come with more of their propaganda that they do no due diligence in an attempt to smear and sway minds.

Grab the popcorn 2020 will be some ride.
"Some people did something" Rep Omar on 9/11
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8360
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:53 am

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Too scared to post the link ?
the Media bias is torwards the truth. Would you expect Trump to get boy scout treatment with the way he treats others ?


I see the link and Koppel is correct. Personally it's gratifying to see the media melt down and expose themselves for what they are. While at the same time losing law suits that are sure to come with more of their propaganda that they do no due diligence in an attempt to smear and sway minds.

Grab the popcorn 2020 will be some ride.


They can't lose lawsuits based on the first amendment. 50 years ago, we didn't have such a publicly lying and racist president. If you stand for Honor and integrity, then you cannot stand for the President. I think the news media has it right, and I think the GOP is selling out to Hell to get a slice of cake.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
seb146
Posts: 19821
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:04 am

NIKV69 wrote:
I see the link and Koppel is correct. Personally it's gratifying to see the media melt down and expose themselves for what they are.


Opposition?

While at the same time losing law suits that are sure to come with more of their propaganda that they do no due diligence in an attempt to smear and sway minds.


Again: the opposition and showing the leader for who they really are.

When the media reports "the president said X today and here are reasons to disagree" that's fine. But to simply say "here are more rage tweets, threats, and more hookers" and have citizens freaking out because of "continued attacks on the president", I don't get it.

What law suits, BTW?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
1836Sam
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:35 am

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:04 am

Let's see . . .

OP thinks media is biased.

OP admits Trump is an arrogant horse's a*s.

By all indications he's a sleazeball and a career criminal. Undeniable he surrounds himself with the same.

Maybe that explains the media coverage?

Don't forget how anti-Clinton the Times has been over the years.
 
1836Sam
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:35 am

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:07 am

NIKV69 wrote:
While at the same time losing law suits that are sure to come with more of their propaganda that they do no due diligence in an attempt to smear and sway minds.


:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yeah, and Devin Nunes is going to win his lawsuit against Twitter.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 2962
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:34 am

casinterest wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Too scared to post the link ?
the Media bias is torwards the truth. Would you expect Trump to get boy scout treatment with the way he treats others ?


I see the link and Koppel is correct. Personally it's gratifying to see the media melt down and expose themselves for what they are. While at the same time losing law suits that are sure to come with more of their propaganda that they do no due diligence in an attempt to smear and sway minds.

Grab the popcorn 2020 will be some ride.


They can't lose lawsuits based on the first amendment. 50 years ago, we didn't have such a publicly lying and racist president. If you stand for Honor and integrity, then you cannot stand for the President. I think the news media has it right, and I think the GOP is selling out to Hell to get a slice of cake.



Do you really believe that about presidents in the past? If so, have read any history? Try reading about Woodrow Wilson as a racist; FDR promising to keep us out of Europe’s war; Nixon was elected 50 years ago; try on “if you like your insurance, you can keep it”.

GF
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 7212
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:19 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
try on “if you like your insurance, you can keep it”.

Is it bias when the media reports that current occupant of the Oval Office insisted that "Mexico will pay for the wall" and now throws a fit because Congress won't fund a wall he said we'd never foot the bill for? Or should it be swept under the rug because he doesn't like it?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
seb146
Posts: 19821
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:27 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Do you really believe that about presidents in the past? If so, have read any history? Try reading about Woodrow Wilson as a racist; FDR promising to keep us out of Europe’s war; Nixon was elected 50 years ago; try on “if you like your insurance, you can keep it”.

GF


Both sides do it

https://www.forbes.com/sites/legalenter ... 209de551c0

Reagan and Bush and Bush were so outraged and childish over what a sketch comedy show said about them. Right?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 11363
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:31 am

Showing Trump as he is makes him look bad, because he's a horrible human being. Is that guy saying the media should lie to make Trump look better ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 11363
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:33 am

Also, Trump isn't just complaining about bias against him. He's saying journalists are lying, when they're reporting the simple, evident truth. So he's attacking them, why shouldn't they resist in return ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
N757ST
Posts: 657
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:15 am

Where I have a problem is when websites like CNN are putting editorial headlines on their front page. Report all you want, but keep your opinion articles in an opinion section.

Giant banner “trump closer then ever to impeachment!”.... editorial

Today’s headline “new mueller probe revelations explain trumps rage”... analysis (editorial)

Report the news and keep opinions to page 2 or 3 and I think you’ll see people be less critical of how the media is acting, but leading with your opinion feeds into the idea that you have an agenda.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 11363
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:44 am

Well Fox (Trump's favorite channel) is fine doing the same stuff (on TV) without even mentioning its opinion not news !
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17181
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:19 am

Maybe this would make more sense if Fox wasn't a 24/7 feedback loop with Hair Fuhrer, whose daughter in law runs a program called "Real News", while he constantly parrots "Fake News" at things that are verifiably true. Can you think of another US President that had his own family running a "news program"? Or had a "news" carnival barker like Sean Hannity so far up his ass he was a colon polyp?
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
try on “if you like your insurance, you can keep it”.

GF

Is that really the best you've got? It's a bit sad when that's all you can come up with. $1 says Trump will crap out a bigger lie by the end of today.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
N757ST
Posts: 657
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:07 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Maybe this would make more sense if Fox wasn't a 24/7 feedback loop with Hair Fuhrer, whose daughter in law runs a program called "Real News", while he constantly parrots "Fake News" at things that are verifiably true. Can you think of another US President that had his own family running a "news program"? Or had a "news" carnival barker like Sean Hannity so far up his ass he was a colon polyp?
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
try on “if you like your insurance, you can keep it”.

GF

Is that really the best you've got? It's a bit sad when that's all you can come up with. $1 says Trump will crap out a bigger lie by the end of today.


You see, many conservatives fail to see that foxnews is a echo chamber, they believe that foxnews is fair and balanced. I agree with you, I think foxnews takes an obvious conservative slant and tends to editorialize subject matter to look favorably toward conservative causes.

Here’s where we likely differ....

You likely don’t see that CNN and NBCnews are also, both, echo chambers. Since you agree with their reporting and editorials you fail to see that by placing editorials and opinion stories, which often have a liberal slant or opinions, as banner subjects on their webpage or television headline, that they are no different then Fox News. All three stations only cater to their own bases, and act as feedback loops to what you believe. You can’t say that cnn is not a biased source, and as such you’ve likely proven Trumps argument, the media often has bias and agenda. The only correction is that MOST, not all of it, is biased against trump.
 
1836Sam
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:35 am

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:59 pm

N757ST wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Maybe this would make more sense if Fox wasn't a 24/7 feedback loop with Hair Fuhrer, whose daughter in law runs a program called "Real News", while he constantly parrots "Fake News" at things that are verifiably true. Can you think of another US President that had his own family running a "news program"? Or had a "news" carnival barker like Sean Hannity so far up his ass he was a colon polyp?
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
try on “if you like your insurance, you can keep it”.

GF

Is that really the best you've got? It's a bit sad when that's all you can come up with. $1 says Trump will crap out a bigger lie by the end of today.


You see, many conservatives fail to see that foxnews is a echo chamber, they believe that foxnews is fair and balanced. I agree with you, I think foxnews takes an obvious conservative slant and tends to editorialize subject matter to look favorably toward conservative causes.

Here’s where we likely differ....

You likely don’t see that CNN and NBCnews are also, both, echo chambers. Since you agree with their reporting and editorials you fail to see that by placing editorials and opinion stories, which often have a liberal slant or opinions, as banner subjects on their webpage or television headline, that they are no different then Fox News. All three stations only cater to their own bases, and act as feedback loops to what you believe. You can’t say that cnn is not a biased source, and as such you’ve likely proven Trumps argument, the media often has bias and agenda. The only correction is that MOST, not all of it, is biased against trump.


#BothSides

So it appears the only difference is that 2>1?
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8360
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:36 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
casinterest wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

I see the link and Koppel is correct. Personally it's gratifying to see the media melt down and expose themselves for what they are. While at the same time losing law suits that are sure to come with more of their propaganda that they do no due diligence in an attempt to smear and sway minds.

Grab the popcorn 2020 will be some ride.


They can't lose lawsuits based on the first amendment. 50 years ago, we didn't have such a publicly lying and racist president. If you stand for Honor and integrity, then you cannot stand for the President. I think the news media has it right, and I think the GOP is selling out to Hell to get a slice of cake.



Do you really believe that about presidents in the past? If so, have read any history? Try reading about Woodrow Wilson as a racist; FDR promising to keep us out of Europe’s war; Nixon was elected 50 years ago; try on “if you like your insurance, you can keep it”.

GF

So you are bitching about a President that INCREASED The number of people covered by insurance, because those plans changed? Gave people with no hope of insurance, medical insurance.
Then you are comparing him to a President that locks kids up at the border and separates them from their parents for wanting a better life?

I guess moral compass is not something you value.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
seb146
Posts: 19821
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:52 pm

N757ST wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Maybe this would make more sense if Fox wasn't a 24/7 feedback loop with Hair Fuhrer, whose daughter in law runs a program called "Real News", while he constantly parrots "Fake News" at things that are verifiably true. Can you think of another US President that had his own family running a "news program"? Or had a "news" carnival barker like Sean Hannity so far up his ass he was a colon polyp?
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
try on “if you like your insurance, you can keep it”.

GF

Is that really the best you've got? It's a bit sad when that's all you can come up with. $1 says Trump will crap out a bigger lie by the end of today.


You see, many conservatives fail to see that foxnews is a echo chamber, they believe that foxnews is fair and balanced. I agree with you, I think foxnews takes an obvious conservative slant and tends to editorialize subject matter to look favorably toward conservative causes.

Here’s where we likely differ....

You likely don’t see that CNN and NBCnews are also, both, echo chambers. Since you agree with their reporting and editorials you fail to see that by placing editorials and opinion stories, which often have a liberal slant or opinions, as banner subjects on their webpage or television headline, that they are no different then Fox News. All three stations only cater to their own bases, and act as feedback loops to what you believe. You can’t say that cnn is not a biased source, and as such you’ve likely proven Trumps argument, the media often has bias and agenda. The only correction is that MOST, not all of it, is biased against trump.


On the one side you have Fox running editorials as fact based stories and, on the other side, you have CNN running editorials as fact based stories but Fox is better and CNN is evil.

If we are going to go down Republican "both sides do it" road, let's go all the way. For eight years, all we heard was how terrible and corrupt and secret the Obama administration was. If both sides do it, then you should want CNN to report the current administration as terrible and corrupt and secretive.

If you hate that both sides do it, then go do your own fact checking and research instead of just blindly believing what Fox says. "Liberals" have known for a very long time that fact based reporting has not happened for a very long time in this country. Republicans should do the same thing. That is why I post at least three links when I quote someone. One link is not nearly enough.

Example: there is a video clip going around "liberal" sites. Not even "liberal" sites but fringe sites. I heard about it on the radio. So, I researched it because I wanted to post it here. After looking around and doing research, I decided it is fake and am not going to post it. Obviously we can not do that with every report, but this is what our media has come to.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
EA CO AS
Posts: 15261
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 8:54 am

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:52 pm

seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
I see the link and Koppel is correct. Personally it's gratifying to see the media melt down and expose themselves for what they are.


Opposition?



Their job isn't to be "opposition," it's to report facts. That's it. Report the news, not your opinion of it or make yourself part of it.

Unfortunately, most "journalists" now think of themselves as the next Woodward or Bernstein and believe they have to ask "gotcha" questions to "catch" people to make a name for themselves instead of letting their writing speak for itself and crafting a reputation of honor and integrity.

They want to BE the story, not report it.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8360
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:59 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
I see the link and Koppel is correct. Personally it's gratifying to see the media melt down and expose themselves for what they are.


Opposition?



Their job isn't to be "opposition," it's to report facts. That's it. Report the news, not your opinion of it or make yourself part of it.

Unfortunately, most "journalists" now think of themselves as the next Woodward or Bernstein and believe they have to ask "gotcha" questions to "catch" people to make a name for themselves instead of letting their writing speak for itself and crafting a reputation of honor and integrity.

They want to BE the story, not report it.


No you have it backwords. They ask questions that people don't like to answer, or that they would prefer to lie about.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
1836Sam
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:35 am

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:02 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
I see the link and Koppel is correct. Personally it's gratifying to see the media melt down and expose themselves for what they are.


Opposition?



Their job isn't to be "opposition," it's to report facts. That's it. Report the news, not your opinion of it or make yourself part of it.

Unfortunately, most "journalists" now think of themselves as the next Woodward or Bernstein and believe they have to ask "gotcha" questions to "catch" people to make a name for themselves instead of letting their writing speak for itself and crafting a reputation of honor and integrity.

They want to BE the story, not report it.


Ah, more “gut feel” of unfairness, explained with trite platitudes and no specific or quantifiable examples. Your gut must be right.

The vast majority of “MSM” reporting over the Trump affair has proven to be correct. And the MSM has shown itself to be highly restrained. Time and time again things come out and reporters talk about the months invested in verifying the information. And then a whole other group of reporters who said they were working on the same, also for months, but weren’t able to close the loop.

Meanwhile right-wing media continues to traffic in, and propagate, conspiracy theories as an arm of the State.

The “MSM” will largely be vindicated soon enough by anyone who is not a full-time conspiracy theorist.
 
N757ST
Posts: 657
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:37 pm

seb146 wrote:
N757ST wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Maybe this would make more sense if Fox wasn't a 24/7 feedback loop with Hair Fuhrer, whose daughter in law runs a program called "Real News", while he constantly parrots "Fake News" at things that are verifiably true. Can you think of another US President that had his own family running a "news program"? Or had a "news" carnival barker like Sean Hannity so far up his ass he was a colon polyp?

Is that really the best you've got? It's a bit sad when that's all you can come up with. $1 says Trump will crap out a bigger lie by the end of today.


You see, many conservatives fail to see that foxnews is a echo chamber, they believe that foxnews is fair and balanced. I agree with you, I think foxnews takes an obvious conservative slant and tends to editorialize subject matter to look favorably toward conservative causes.

Here’s where we likely differ....

You likely don’t see that CNN and NBCnews are also, both, echo chambers. Since you agree with their reporting and editorials you fail to see that by placing editorials and opinion stories, which often have a liberal slant or opinions, as banner subjects on their webpage or television headline, that they are no different then Fox News. All three stations only cater to their own bases, and act as feedback loops to what you believe. You can’t say that cnn is not a biased source, and as such you’ve likely proven Trumps argument, the media often has bias and agenda. The only correction is that MOST, not all of it, is biased against trump.


On the one side you have Fox running editorials as fact based stories and, on the other side, you have CNN running editorials as fact based stories but Fox is better and CNN is evil.

If we are going to go down Republican "both sides do it" road, let's go all the way. For eight years, all we heard was how terrible and corrupt and secret the Obama administration was. If both sides do it, then you should want CNN to report the current administration as terrible and corrupt and secretive.

If you hate that both sides do it, then go do your own fact checking and research instead of just blindly believing what Fox says. "Liberals" have known for a very long time that fact based reporting has not happened for a very long time in this country. Republicans should do the same thing. That is why I post at least three links when I quote someone. One link is not nearly enough.

Example: there is a video clip going around "liberal" sites. Not even "liberal" sites but fringe sites. I heard about it on the radio. So, I researched it because I wanted to post it here. After looking around and doing research, I decided it is fake and am not going to post it. Obviously we can not do that with every report, but this is what our media has come to.


I’ve not once said that foxnews is to be believed vs CNN. I’ve just said that trump is right that these “news” sites offer opinion as headline, and therefore have a bias. I agree fox is just as bad as nbc and cnn.
 
seb146
Posts: 19821
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:38 pm

N757ST wrote:
I’ve not once said that foxnews is to be believed vs CNN. I’ve just said that trump is right that these “news” sites offer opinion as headline, and therefore have a bias. I agree fox is just as bad as nbc and cnn.


The general consensus on the right is that we can not question Fox but not believe anything from NYT or WaPo or CNN or NBC......
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
seb146
Posts: 19821
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:45 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
I see the link and Koppel is correct. Personally it's gratifying to see the media melt down and expose themselves for what they are.


Opposition?



Their job isn't to be "opposition," it's to report facts. That's it. Report the news, not your opinion of it or make yourself part of it.

Unfortunately, most "journalists" now think of themselves as the next Woodward or Bernstein and believe they have to ask "gotcha" questions to "catch" people to make a name for themselves instead of letting their writing speak for itself and crafting a reputation of honor and integrity.

They want to BE the story, not report it.


So, reporting that the occupant of the White House recieved loans from Russia and NRA laundered money for Russian oligarchs should not be reported. According to you and many on the right. Fox does not report these things, other than "FAKE NEWS ATTACKS!!!"
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
910A
Posts: 1716
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:11 am

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:00 am

EA CO AS wrote:

Their job isn't to be "opposition," it's to report facts. That's it. Report the news, not your opinion of it or make yourself part of it.


Do you actually think outfits like Fox, MSNBC, Blaze, Brietbart, Newsmax, Sinclair etc are news organizations? No they are nothing more than opinion networks.
The big three NBC, ABC, CBS are becoming more focus on fluff pieces rather than hard hitting news, but fluff is cheaper..

The print media is where news is still reported, although with hedge funds buying out local papers (Denver Post, LA Times etc), this might be changing also.
 
User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 3006
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Ted Koppel: Trump 'not mistaken' about 'liberal media,' rips 'Resistance' reporting

Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:39 am

N757ST wrote:
Where I have a problem is when websites like CNN are putting editorial headlines on their front page. Report all you want, but keep your opinion articles in an opinion section.

Giant banner “trump closer then ever to impeachment!”.... editorial

Today’s headline “new mueller probe revelations explain trumps rage”... analysis (editorial)

Report the news and keep opinions to page 2 or 3 and I think you’ll see people be less critical of how the media is acting, but leading with your opinion feeds into the idea that you have an agenda.


I tend to agree.

Let’s face it — news just isn’t very sexy, and FFS you can only hear the same story over and over again so much before getting bored with it all (“your Honor, if it pleases the court, may I present CNN Headline News as Exhibit A...”)

BUT, having a different group of people come on every hour giving various opinions about the news... now *that* pays the bills! It’s relatively cheap to trot out fresh-faced, navel-gazing “experts,” totally engrossed in their own VERY IMPORTANT OPINIONS, when in reality it’s just a proper version of Wendy Williams or Jerry Springer.

I hardly watch any TV news channels anymore because of the serious lack of journalistic ethics (not) espoused. The only show I *would* watch regularly would be The Rachel Maddow Show on MSNBC because she/her staff researches the hell out of the topics every night.

But that’s not quite as “fun” as watching Chris Matthews rolling with an Adderall-esque intensity (spittle included) Don Lemon taking off his hipster glasses and shaking his head in moral indignation, or “Judge” Jeannine Pirro suck up to Trump with a fervor hardly seen outside of Madonna at a barely-legal Blatino jock strap party.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aaron747, Classa64, Spar, stl07 and 58 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos