NIKV69
Topic Author

Re: Super Bowl!!!!!

Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:15 am

seb146 wrote:
dfwjim1 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
wow... that halftime show.... disaster does not even begin to describe it. What did I watch?

I thought the same thing...why did the Maroon 5 singer have to take his tank top off?

I never thought he was all that. I usually like tattoos but that was way too much. He sounded off key, too.

Why do you think he took his top off? He was singing so bad may as well tease some young women so they don't hear the music.I hate to admit this and it's not my kind of music but the last halftime show where the performer actually kicked ass was Bruno Mars!

DL717 wrote:
Christ on a Cross. I think the NFL might have died tonight. Even the commercials were a disaster. Topped of with a nice thick layer of SJW ads.

OMG the commercials sucked. The one with the war on journalism undertones made me gag. Liked Andy Warhol onel. The party where football broke out and of course the Golden Retriever.

DL717 wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
Game sucked.
Halftime sucked. (Adam Levine needs to lay off his helium addiction)
Commercials sucked.

I didnt need to watch anything to know this. I was following the game on Google at work and was disappointed. This Texans fan would rather the Cowboys win over the Patriots, but I ultimately wanted a Chiefs/Saints game. That would've been great football.

Got to agree on Chiefs/Saints. This game was just sad. It was like the two worst teams in football made it to the big show. What was it, 9 back to back punts at one point?

It shows how bad the AFC is. After Jacksonville imploded you didn't have any great teams. The Steelers are barely mediocre and the Chargers are bad. KC has potential but the Defense is horrid. As for the NFC man did the Bears blow it. They really are the dark horse going forward as is the Jags if they get Foles.
See that Broccoli over there? It's racist!

blueflyer

Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:27 am

The Fortnite halftime show was the highlight of the game...
Inadequate healthcare killing more than illegal immigrants, that's a national emergency
Opioid crisis killing more than illegal immigrants, that's a national emergency
Would-be king who can't figure this out, that's a national emergency

ltbewr

Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:03 am

What a disappointing game. The lowest scoring in SB history. Even more will be angry and say that New Orleans should have been in it instead of the Rams. Only a few plays in the 'red zone'. NE did just enough to win and their Defense stepped up. I didn't watch the halftime show as usually garbage and apparently it was bad. Except for the NFL 100 ad, most of the commercials were blah, weird and some borderline offensive.

Airstud

Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:20 am

dfwjim1 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
wow... that halftime show.... disaster does not even begin to describe it. What did I watch?

I thought the same thing...why did the Maroon 5 singer have to take his tank top off?

Because he's a worthless no-talent narcissistic twerp, is why. Everyone knew that about him beforehand.
Pancakes are delicious.

CPH-R

Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:51 am

Sounds like the most controversial moment of the evening was this:

phatfarmlines

Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:53 am

DL717 wrote:
Topped of with a nice thick layer of SJW ads.

Glad I wasn't the only on thinking this.

Will be interesting to see what the final viewership ratings are. Recall that 2018 Super Bowl viewership had declined.

Super Bowl LII ratings

SheikhDjibouti

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:30 pm

I didn't have five hours to spare on Sunday, so I settled for the highlights show instead.
Unfortunately just as the program started I sneezed... and somehow missed the whole game.
Tell me, was it any good? :duck:

Never mind, the Six Nations is shaping up to be another good one this year. :bigthumbsup:
Nothing to see here; move along please.

Magog

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:35 pm

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
Never mind, the Six Nations is shaping up to be another good one this year. :bigthumbsup:

Ireland losing at home was a shocker.

slider

Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:23 pm

Bad, boring Super Bowl, terrible halftime show, forgettable commercials, and if people didn't have Patriot fatigue already, they do now.

Gladys Knight's anthem might have been the high point.

Ugh. How long until pitchers and catchers report for spring training?

DL717

Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:27 pm

slider wrote:
Gladys Knight's anthem might have been the high point.

It was. And she looks fan freakin tastic for 74.
Putting one on ignore does not squelch speech or debate, it’s quiets the noise.

trpmb6

Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:41 pm

Worst super bowl I can recall having watched. That's about all there is to say about that.

DL717

Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:45 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
Worst super bowl I can recall having watched. That's about all there is to say about that.

This guy nails it.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/todd-st ... owl-laughs

PHLspecial

Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:58 pm

trpmb6 wrote:

Two boring teams, halftime show is just garbage, NFL so corporate.

seb146

Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:55 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
dfwjim1 wrote:

I never thought he was all that. I usually like tattoos but that was way too much. He sounded off key, too.

Why do you think he took his top off? He was singing so bad may as well tease some young women so they don't hear the music.I hate to admit this and it's not my kind of music but the last halftime show where the performer actually kicked ass was Bruno Mars!

I thought there was something off about Adam Levine. Maybe Big Boi gave him too much purple drank or the ink from his way too many tattoos or what but it just seemed off.

People are wondering why a doughy, overly tattooed man can take off his shirt in the middle of Halftime but they could not allegedly show a female nipple for .3 seconds. I wonder the same thing.

NIKV69 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Christ on a Cross. I think the NFL might have died tonight. Even the commercials were a disaster. Topped of with a nice thick layer of SJW ads.

OMG the commercials sucked. The one with the war on journalism undertones made me gag. Liked Andy Warhol onel. The party where football broke out and of course the Golden Retriever.

But constant tweets by one orange man about fake news is........?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

NIKV69
Topic Author

Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:27 pm

seb146 wrote:

People are wondering why a doughy, overly tattooed man can take off his shirt in the middle of Halftime but they could not allegedly show a female nipple for .3 seconds. I wonder the same thing.

Doughy? He looks in good shape to me. As for Jackson the nipple slip was over hyped.

bagoldex

Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:23 pm

DL717 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

This guy nails it.

Nailed it or from one old white dude to another, tells you exactly what you want to hear?

ER757

Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:22 pm

In what might be an a.net first, everyone seems to agree on something - it was a terrible game and the halftime show sucked equally.
I did like the ad where the car buyers went into the elevator and every floor going down was a worse experience (root canal, vegan dinner party, etc)

seb146

Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:41 pm

Everyone keeps talking about the funny dog commercial but I have not seen it, I don't think. I poked around on YouTube and saw the Harrison Ford Alexa commercial with the French bull dog. That one? I guess the commercials sucked, too.

seb146

Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:44 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Doughy? He looks in good shape to me. As for Jackson the nipple slip was over hyped.

Maybe not doughy. Usually a guy rips his shirt off and I react somehow. Maybe I was just so disappointed by the whole show that I didn't care or I really don't like Maroon 5 that much. His upholstery shirt was pretty bad, too. Everyone showing off their drapes, pillows, chairs, and slip covers that are the exact same color and print as his shirt.

DL717

Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:49 pm

bagoldex wrote:
DL717 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

This guy nails it.

Nailed it or from one old white dude to another, tells you exactly what you want to hear?

Nope. Just nailed it. Kicked the winning field goal with 2 seconds left. Hit the ball so hard it landed in the parking lot. Three pointer down two from the other side of the court with one second left. That kind of nailed it.

2122M

Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:15 pm

DL717 wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Nope. Just nailed it. Kicked the winning field goal with 2 seconds left. Hit the ball so hard it landed in the parking lot. Three pointer down two from the other side of the court with one second left. That kind of nailed it.

FOX will just blame Millenials for anything these days by the looks of it. Anyway, isn't this writer the one that said public schools are 'indoctrination centers' and the reason we now have gay people? He also got fired from a job for falsifying quotes and has been caught lying a few times about issues around the country. Its not really surprising that the you and the right-wing Trump brigade would latch on so tightly to the words of a known liar.

Speaking of snowflakes, it appears the Mr. Starnes that nailed that article is a bit of a snowflake himself, having a mini-meltdown over girls kissing briefly on TV: https://www.toddstarnes.com/show/macys- ... bian-kiss/

So it looks like he thinks its actually OK to be offended by what you see on TV, as long as your offended by the same things he's offended by.

seb146

Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:44 pm

DL717 wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
DL717 wrote:

We just came out of a government shut down where people didn't even have money to pay rent or eat, so how could they host a big party, plus two teams that only a few people care about, plus a halftime show that few people care about plus a low score but,yeah, let's blame vegans and millennials for the lowest rated Super Bowl in 10 years......

https://deadline.com/2019/02/super-bowl ... 202548893/

NIKV69
Topic Author

Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:50 pm

seb146 wrote:
We just came out of a government shut down where people didn't even have money to pay rent or eat, so how could they host a big party, plus two teams that only a few people care about, plus a halftime show that few people care about plus a low score but,yeah, let's blame vegans and millennials for the lowest rated Super Bowl in 10 years......

I doubt the shutdown had anything to do with it. Your off topic rant aside a misssed FG by the bears and a blown call against the Saints probably had more to do with it. LA's Market doesn't draw like a NY Giants. Green Bay or Chicago or a NO. I actually think a lot of fans are fed up with the horrible officiating in the NFL. It's an inflection and the Saints will be heard more on this. For they would have drawn far more viewers.

bagoldex

Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:50 pm

seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

If anything, we should commend millennials and vegans for having better things to do with their time than sit in front of the boob tube watching a football game.

GalaxyFlyer

Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:00 pm

Wouldn’t that same reasoning apply to soccer? It makes this Super Bowl look exciting.

GF

910A

Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:58 am

Super Bowl ratings dip for the third year in a row, less than 100 million viewers.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... 84f808acfc

The lowest scoring game in Super Bowl history also produced some of the lowest audience numbers for the big game in a decade.

Just over 100 million people watched Super Bowl LIII, CBS said Monday. But the network included those who watched the game on televisions as well as streaming services such as CBS Interactive and the NFL’s digital properties. About 98 million watched the big game the traditional way, CBS said citing early Nielsen data -- the lowest figure since 2009 when the Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Arizona Cardinals in Super Bowl XLIII.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:52 am

seb146 wrote:
Someone on the interwebs joked that both teams were playing like the winner would be invited to the White House.

I got to be honest I think the Broncos-Panthers was just as bad. Denver had to ride their defense to the win. They got up two scores and ran the ball up the middle and punted for the whole time. Just because it was Peyton Manning nobody said Boring! Or any of the stuff we have heard.

910A

Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:36 pm

Talk about a game boring people to death

From Friday's obit section in the Arizona Republic.

She passed away peacefully in her home of 25 years watching the SuperBowl and enjoying McDonald's French Fries.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/azcen ... &fhid=2640

ER757

Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:36 pm

910A wrote:
Talk about a game boring people to death

From Friday's obit section in the Arizona Republic.

She passed away peacefully in her home of 25 years watching the SuperBowl and enjoying McDonald's French Fries.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/azcen ... &fhid=2640

I know you can't chose how you leave this world, but if you could, this would't be bad :smile: